Eventbrite Reviews

About Eventbrite

Eventgrid is a cloud-based event registration and ticketing solution that helps users organize conferences, seminars, festivals, shows, forums and matches. Key features include event management, ticketing and payment modules. Ev...

Browse Eventbrite Reviews

5,016 of 5,016 reviews
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 19/07/2020

Eventbrite for Beginners

Our goal is to encourage our Facebook audiences to attend more virtual events and provide them with the exact information and details they need, all housed in one concise place and Eventbrite has been the perfect tool for us. The analytics and reporting are very robust, especially for a free plan.

Pros

The setup and ease of use for a first time Eventbrite user/manager was incredibly easy and seamless. The feature that is most useful to us is the Facebook event integration - and the best part - it's free. This way, our social media audiences can register for tickets directly through the Facebook event published on Facebook. It's such a powerful feature and so incredibly easy to setup.

Cons

I wish there was an abilitty to make updates to the address after an event has already been published. With COVID-19, we had to shift from an in-person event to make it a virtual event and because we had to change the address, Eventbrite woudn't allow it. Suggestion - if an address needs to be changed, Eventbrite could automatically send an email to the list of attendees or a calendar notification of the change.

The Mailchimp feature is extremely limited and I have trouble understanding what exactly the purpose of it is. I have not doubt that Eventbrite will enhance it in the future with incorporate more robust functions because Eventbrite is really great with continually improving their tools.

Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Eventbrite

The Facebook integration was seamless and is a very powerful feature, that's also free.
Stephanie
Stephanie

Reviewed on 07/03/2023

Good for event promotion and ticketing/applications

I enjoy that Eventbrite lets me "follow" groups whose events I'm interested in, so that I can be notified whenever they post a new event. Eventbrite provides high-definition live streaming of the events and real-time interaction with attendees.

Pros

Eventbrite has made it so simple for me to organize and host an event. All the fundamentals are laid out in a clear fashion, which simplifies management. You can also look back at past events you've made, which can be a wealth of information. One of the features I appreciate best is the ability to administer multiple "organizations" (profiles) from within the same account.

Cons

When it comes time to make the abbreviated URL to promote the event, I always seem to get flustered. There's room for development there, and the ensuing connection might be integrated into the production of the event as a whole, in my opinion.

Rita
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 22/03/2024

My Eventbrite Experience

Pros

I love that it is an easy website to use for events whether I am hosting a small event of 25 people or less or if I am attending an event.

Cons

The only thing I dislike is an additional payment option which is Apple Pay, besides that everything is great.

Top Eventbrite Alternatives

Javier
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 13/09/2020

Crazy High Ticketing Fees - Froze My Payouts During COVID - Won't Stand By Agreement

Extremely painful.

Pros

Eventbrite is easy to use. It's designed well.

Cons

Customer service really stinks at Eventbrite. They're just looking to get paid. Their fees are high, sometimes 15-20% depending upon your ticket price. They had agreed on our festival to payout daily leading up to the event but changed their mind when COVID hit (to hoard cash and save themselves while screwing their event organizers.) Now they are expecting people to pull off multi-million dollar festivals without collecting any of their ticketing money up front. The worst part is they froze our payouts without telling us, until one day we noticed the lack of deposits and logged into Eventbrite to find it. Surprise surprise! They have refused to renegotiate the contract but also refuse to release funds so we can pull off our event. Eventbrite is going to bring the event industry crashing down due to the way they handled COVID.

Earl
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 18/12/2023

Mastering Events

I find Eventbrite to be a reliable platform for event planning. Its user-friendly interface and comprehensive tools simplify organizing and promoting events efficiently.

Pros

I like Eventbrite's user-friendly interface and comprehensive tools that simplify event planning, promotion, and management. It offers efficient solutions for organizers and attendees, contributing to successful and enjoyable events.

Cons

While Eventbrite is generally effective, I would say that the fees associated with ticket sales can be a drawback for some organizers. It's important for users to weigh the costs against the benefits of using the platform.

Leslie

Reviewed on 21/03/2024

An excellent avenue for up to date events

Very good, throughly enjoyed every event I’ve gone to and the ease of booking on an event, paying and getting the reminders are all helpfil

Pros

Really like the emails to let me know what’s going on that may be of interest to me

Cons

Some events are irrelevant as are too far afield

elizabeth
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 20/03/2024

Great Event Planning

Eventbrite is an easy website to explore and plan events without too much effort. I love the fact there are already organizations that I can follow in my area, creating an event with AI makes the process less complicated and quicker. Overall A+

Pros

The ability to scroll through different events, not just food and music. Business, hobbies, health performing arts, etc. Makes it easy to plan around the holidays for staff or family events, locally as well as in multiple states for family trips and reunions.

Cons

I have not found any negatives but you could add Hawaii to top destinations.

Reviewed on 26/03/2024

Pretty good

Pros

I found it easy to setup an event and collect ticket information and payments.

Cons

I wish I could collect custom information more easily. I had reporting requirements that made compliance harder without those fields.

Christina
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 09/02/2024

Hiding Gem

I have been getting tickets through Eventbrite for a few years. I love that you can browse different events with ease.

Pros

There are so many events on Eventbrite that you can not find in other places. The fees are not like other sites and it is easy to get back to your event.

Cons

Most events are no refund but they do allow you to give to someone else.

Tami
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

Great when hosting events

Pros

I love the user friendly Eventbrite when I am planning an event/party. Helps me track attendees to prepare for the events

Cons

I have not found anything that I dislike

Charmaine
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 31/01/2022

Thumbs up to Eventbrite

Pros

As a user, it is very easy to use, you click the event you like, you put your email, pay if it needs to and checkout fast. It sends you a confirmation right away and you receive notification or reminder upon the events. Even my old colleagues who were very into RSVPs in a very-old fashion way can figure out how to book an event for themselves and checkouts.
As an administrator, posting an event is very easy, it has automatic payment processing, basically, it's like posting a regular post and Eventbrite does the rest. I don't have to send invitations to everyone individually, waiting for them to pay and to confirm.

Cons

Everything actually looks fine, it's just money-wise, everyone wants something free especially since I'm only using it once or twice a month. There was one time that I was about to charge more than I expected too, but it's a good thing Eventbrite did something about fixing it.

Google Meet

Reasons for Choosing Eventbrite

Everything now actually works out on zoom, especially since the group is away from each other and that most of the people just want to stay home and attend meetings, events, and seminars online. So we do everything on zoom.

Zoom
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 24/09/2020

Truly the best event ticketing software out there.

I'm so glad to be able to continue using Eventbrite. The value for the product is really exceptional. I'd especially recommend to nonprofit users who produce live event programming.

Pros

There's something about the Eventbrite platform that feels particularly inclusive. I really like how customizable it is, and it's easy to train on. I'm also a big fan of their reporting and analytics.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this particular software. I've never experienced an issue while using it. I'd say it would be great if Eventbrite had more software integrations.

HappyFox Help Desk

Reasons for Choosing Eventbrite

The design of the platform looks better, and the functionality is far more robust.

Reasons for Switching to Eventbrite

It's the most popular event ticketing software out there for a reason.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 23/03/2021

Extremely helpful tool for organizing an event

Eventbrite provides great flexibility to customize the registration form, ticket types, promo code, guest lists, and analytic report based on our needs. Also, the service fee and price are transparent. I have used another ticket selling platform, the price appeared to be cheaper than Eventbrite, however, there is hidden cost within it that I was not aware of.

Pros

The app are is very easy to navigate and is very convenient to do check-in. I have used the Eventbrite app to check in guests in an event with around 1000 attendees. The app saves us much time and we can easily get the attendance of our guests as a useful data.

Cons

There are many functions and features for the analytic report, it took me a while to familiarize every function. However, once I figure them out, I can access to very useful data and reports that help me organize my future events.

Reviewed on 26/01/2022

Eventbrite top event management and ticketing website

Eventbrite free conference management software provides easy access to your ticket
Eventbrite provides best -in -class conference management software. It powers your events with data insights, built-in-intelligence and next generation marketing tools

Pros

Eventbrite brings people together through live experience.. Eventbrite enables anyone to create, promote, and sell tickets to any event. It is global self service ticketing and experience technology platform

Cons

It is easy easy to use and it makes your event a success. Eventbrite provides the best online event management.

Sophia

Reviewed on 12/04/2022

Eventbrite Review from Sophia

Overall great. We manage registration for events and set up notifications, pricing, and promo codes.

Pros

I feel it is relatively user friendly to set up events & then manage notifications.

Cons

The place to put the promo code is not easy to find and we often get questions about this. Also I wish fees could be refunded for folks no longer interested in taking the trainings/ classes.

Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Eventbrite

It is free for us & easy to use. It also helps us to promote events as well!
Leslie
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 03/04/2021

Amazing Platform for golf tournaments and special events

Overall, I really like hosting events on Eventbrite and I will continue using them for upcoming events. I would recommend Eventbrite for events of all types and sizes.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is being able to customize ticket types. Depending on which type of ticket an attendee chooses, the organizer can determine which type of questions the person registering must answer. For example, if you choose platinum sponsor, you are asked which shirt size you want. It is the best platform I have used for special events and even offers a check-in feature for the day of your event. There are endless opportunities for customizing your own event. Also, if you have a contract in place with Eventbrite for your events, they will not charge you a ticket fee for free events.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is the fees. I was expecting a processing fee for credit card sales but there is an additional Eventbrite fee. This was remedied by signing a contract with them. Now all my fees are capped at a specific price and I can now have the attendee absorb the costs.

Aislinn
Aislinn
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 17/04/2019

Entreflow Consulting Group's use of Eventbrite

It's good for anybody that’s organizing an event obviously, the nice thing about Eventbrite is that it's free to use long as you're not charging for the event. There is a fee if you are charging for the event so the fees are 2.5% plus 99 cents transaction fee. So that's a service fee to Eventbrite for using their platform. Again, this is only if you're charging for the ticket, and then if there's a credit card use, then the credit card fee is 3.5% which is quite high, but when you factor in the time to chase attendees for invoice payments it's kind of a no brainer

From an implementation perspective, it's super easy to use, you just have to sign up and then build out your event page. The usability is super easy peasy, there are some options that take a little longer to get used to, but overall it's quite easy to use.

Pros

The top feature for Eventbrite is that it's really easy to track events and the attendees that are coming to your events. You can create an event very easily, share it across multiple platforms, there's a direct link to your Facebook business events page from Eventbrite. Making it super easy to get the word out.

You can track the events that are sent out and how people found your event so you can get a sense of where people are looking to find out about events and then put your efforts into advertising in those channels later on.

You can print name tags which is really awesome, so if you have an event where you want to everyone to wear name tags, rather than getting everybody to write them out when they can show up and you already have them printed.

And then finally, there is a huge audience that uses Eventbrite, so you'll find that getting the word out is a lot easier. People will do a search for types of events like yours, find your event, and show up which is great because you had to work very little to get them to come to your event.

Cons

So, some of the requested features; we would like to see more customization in the actual Eventbrite page itself and as well the emails that are sent out to your invitees. So at the moment, I think there's only two templates and you can't really do much to change the look and feel, or the text within it, so it would be great to be able to customize those features a little bit.

Waleed
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 13/06/2021

Event standard that fails so many accounts

Eventbrite doesn't take into consideration customization of the messages that go out. All in all, you can just incapacitate a few messages, yet not others. So if your occasion is facilitated somewhere else it actually sends your participants a befuddling email that has minimal pertinent data. That email has an essential source of inspiration that guides your occasion participants to download the Eventbrite application.

On enlistment Eventbrite consequently checks the crates for participants to be advised of different occasions on their foundation just as news that Eventbrite needs to share. Basically, they market straightforwardly to your participants - except if they uncheck the pre-chosen boxes.

It is extremely unlikely of eliminating the Eventbrite marking on enlistment. This is OK for a free stage, yet at any rate offer a paid rendition that considers that.

They default to causing clients to enter their email address Multiple times during a short enlistment measure. Also, they should enter their name twice too.

Their insightful following is disappointing contrasted with different stages, however hello it's free... so this isn't as large of an arrangement.

To wrap things up... Eventbrite install broke our wordpress site. The javascript code meddled with our custom thank you page and leaves participants with a terrible spring up "

Pros

Straightforward, rich, clean UI

List of attendees administrator is all that we need without abundance, cruft

Framework is cloud based subsequently requires no abundance incorporation, administrator past a login, interface

Reasonable rates for top of class work process

All around known, no erosion or dread produced

Marking is custom and adequate to adjust our own and Eventbrite's

Cons

Complex list of attendees sort highlights to give all the more fine need

Recognization of VIP registrants

Host and client profiles so records can be promoted whenever wanted

Limits for not-for-profits and magnanimous associations

Reconciliations ideally without Zapier

Express related, suggested occasion controls

Marc
Marc

Reviewed on 26/01/2016

Solid Event Hosting Option With a Few Quirks

With a large number of "event applications" out there, Eventbrite has found its way to the top of that list thanks mostly to their easy to use interface and well thought out back-end that not only covers all of an event host's bases but also integrates with other areas of their marketing. Free to anyone who isn't requiring payment for tickets, Eventbrite makes it easy to quickly put together a good looking registration page fast, without the hassle of payment or subscriptions. The paid feature for anyone requiring ticket fees is a little more rigid in how the user can collect it's money which can make it a little tougher to work with depending on how badly you need the revenue from your ticket sales. The payment processing fees are still reasonable, though.

Pros

-Powerful system that provides a large number of great features (creating, promoting, tracking, checking-in, analyzing) for free
-Event page creation is quick and easy. If you want something simple, you can be done in minutes. If you want to customize different areas of the design and registration process, you have that ability as well.
-Integrations with outside marketing platforms like HubSpot and MailChimp allow the user to connect their other marketing platforms together to create the most powerful event marketing toolset you could ask for.
-Relatively good analytics and reporting sections gives you solid insight into how successful your event was and where you can improve moving forward.
-The mobile application (Neon) for event hosts makes checking in attendants a breeze by either scanning the printed tickets Eventbrite provides or just finding their name and swiping your finger across it!
-Customer support is relatively attentive (I've averaged around 3-5 minutes on hold before speaking to a representative via phone) and the knowledge base they've set up on their website it pretty helpful when it comes to answering some of your intermediate-level questions around customization and platform functionality.

Cons

-The paid feature is a little rigid when it comes to payout structure compared to other options. You normally can't receive payout for your ticket revenue until your event ends, making it a tough option for those looking to promote an event months in advance who need the revenue now. Definitely something to consider. They provide early payout, but depending on how much revenue you're expecting to generate, that may not even be a viable option.
-Customizing your registration page with your brand's colors, logos and images can be difficult and require some coding skills. You also won't be able to get rid of the Eventbrite branding so anyone looking for total design control may not like this option.

Rony

Reviewed on 08/06/2023

Eventbrite: A Game-Changer in Event Planning and Ticketing

My overall experience with Eventbrite has been extremely positive. From start to finish, the platform provided an intuitive and user-friendly interface that made event planning a breeze. The powerful promotional tools helped me reach a wider audience and boost ticket sales effectively. The robust ticketing system offered flexibility and seamless payment integration. The comprehensive analytics provided valuable insights for optimizing my event strategies. With excellent customer support, Eventbrite truly exceeded my expectations and made my event planning experience a success.

Pros

Eventbrite has completely transformed my event planning experience. The user-friendly interface made setting up my event a breeze. The powerful promotional tools helped me reach a wider audience and boost ticket sales. The robust ticketing system allowed me to create different ticket types and seamless payment integration. The comprehensive analytics provided valuable insights for optimizing my event strategies. Overall, Evenbrite is a game-changer in event planning!

Cons

While Eventbrite is an impressive platform, there were a few areas that could be improved. Firstly, I found the fees associated with ticket sales to be slightly higher compared to some other platforms. Secondly, the customization options for event pages and ticketing could be more extensive. Additionally, although customer support was generally good, response times could be quicker during peak periods. Lastly, the reporting features, while informative, could benefit from more advanced analytics for deeper insights. Despite these minor drawbacks, Eventbrite remains a reliable choice for event planning and ticketing.

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 29/10/2018

Great functionality, amazing when listing free events, fees are a bit expensive for paid events

I organise a lot of professional networking events, some are free and some are paid for. Eventbrite offers me all the functionality I need to organise my event. I used Picatic until Eventbrite recently acquired Picatic. However, customer support from Eventbrite is very difficult, if not existent. So if you have a question not answered by the standard FAQ, such as, "Since Eventbrite acquired Picatic, how I can access my previous/ currently live events"?, the only way I could find customer support was by tweeting Eventbrite. So, Eventbrite is great if you can self-service and publish free events, but once you have quirky questions, be prepared that it will be difficult to establish contact to a human person who can answer.

Pros

Eventbrite has lots of functionality that you will need when organising and managing an event. It is very easy to use, plus it can integrate with other apps such as Mailchimp which comes in handy when broadcasting an event and Surveymonkey which comes in handy to send out feedback forms post an event. The back office functionality is great too -- you can email invitations directly without using Mailchimp if you wanted to. For users, it's easy and simple to register, plus Eventbrite offers a secure online payment option which is hassle free for both organiser and attendee.

Cons

2 things that I like the least about Eventbrite are: 1) Non-existent customer service. One of the reasons why I used Picatic (which they have now bought!) was due to their great customer service. You can chat with a real person who can help you with some of the questions which are not answered in their FAQs. 2) They're great if you have a free event, but if you have a paid event, their transaction fees are one of the highest in the market.

Linda

Reviewed on 08/10/2018

Eventbrite Keeps the Clouds Away from Your Event

My overall experience with Eventbrite has been great! I have read some unfavorable reviews but, that has not changed my mind. I have utilized Eventbrite for internal company events, planning external other social events and purchasing tickets to events. It easy to use and hassle free for the novice or the experienced party planner or event manager.

Pros

Planning an event can be difficult without the use of an event management software. My preference is Eventbrite. In today's society where people are so busy managing their own lives, its hard bring people together. From a moments notice, to 2-3 weeks in advance, using Eventbrite can make sure your event is anything but successful. Eventbrite offers tools to assure that you can keep up with the logical changes while you are on the go. It also makes it easier for invitees to respond while they are on the go. Its a win win with Eventbrite. It cost effective (no more purchasing expensive invitations and costly postage) and convenient.

Cons

Eventbrite needs to implement a 911 response team approach for customer service. Hit it, respond to it, solve it! Also, so many people are use the service now, I am unaware if it has safe guards against crashing and; if it does... what happens to my information? I do think that due to the high percentage of users at any given time, the system slows down considerably. This can be frustrating when trying to pay for an event or responding to an RSVP. The goal is stay focused on the goal. To assist users in planning and executing hassle, stressfree events.

Beau
Beau
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Cheap E-Mail Automation capabilities

The problem that I was able to solve was spending less time on event coordination- I was wasting too much time emailing individual people about events. Because I now waste less time on E-Mail campaigning, I can spend more time doing things that benefit the organization better. Additional benefits that I realized are the creative capabilities that the software allows. I do not have any graphic design experience but was able to create creative and attractive content for E-Mail campaigns.

Pros

the most helpful part of using Eventbrite is that I can automate my E-Mail campaigns and event invites for FREE! That's right, it cost my organization no money to automate event planning and E-Mail campaigns! The upside to Eventbrite is that you can set up campaigns months in advance. When I was leaving my job, I wanted to make sure that events and other activities did not fall through the cracks, so I automated event updates and reminders for the next two months after I left.

Cons

I dislike that the software does give you very much flexibility when it comes to creating content. There is a pretty set design potential for events that can become tiresome. It is also difficult to upload certain videos and images according to their different qualities.

Reviewed on 13/04/2019

Wanna go for events? The best place to find them instantly and track them over time.

Must watch application if you love staying up to date with events across the country..

Pros

I have been using this application for over a couple of years and attending events from time to time.
It doesn't show you only the nearest events but within the country that makes use flexible to register and attend them based on our choice.
I have attended various events listed by Microsoft, Google and others that regularly publish them for free to attend tech conferences and stuffs.
Apart from this, it provides and interface where you can register for events, download tickets, receive notifications, manage your user profiles, filter events based on different categories or pricing, and much more.

Cons

Certain sections(common categories) keep repeating on the homepage of the application which could be avoided, although not sure if they wish to keep users engaged to click on them or for easy access.
Could improve the user experience to some extent!!

• Industry: Public Policy

Reviewed on 08/01/2019

Reliable and easy to use

Pros

Eventbrite is extremely versatile. I have used it to create events, to purchase tickets or RSVP to events and frequently, to search for events. To create an event page, Eventbrite makes it as easy as possible for you. From there, you have easy access to who is and isn't attending, and also receive a guestlist for your event which you can use for check-in. From personal experience on the user side, I love that once you've RSVPed, you get a clear confirmation email that allows you to easily 'add' the event to your calendar of choice (or you can do this from the Eventbrite page right after you've RSVPed), and Eventbrite plugs in all the relevant information into your calendar. This always saves me so much time and usually encourages me to attend the event. I imagine that the participants signing up for events I have created in the past have also enjoyed this feature.

Cons

There is not a lot of customization available. You don't get to control the font/size or other design-related aspects of the event page so the event information and photo are all presented in the same way for each event. I have, in the past, generally used Eventbrite in combination with other softwares, e.g. a FB event page (that links to the Eventbrite for RSVPs).