monday.com Reviews

Visit Website

About monday.com

monday.com is an award-winning work and project management platform that helps teams of all sizes plan, prioritize, manage, and execute their work more effectively. The platform offers solutions for a wide range of use-cases...

Browse monday.com Reviews

4,875 of 4,875 reviews
Nikola
Nikola
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 30/05/2024

Saves a lot of time

It was a really nice switch from Excel and Teams - Monday.com had all the Teams management/tracking features and more. It was really intuitive and easy to use so our weekly meetings became more pleasant.

Pros

Saves a lot of time, it's easier to use and manage than softwares such as Teams or Excel spreadsheets that we've used before, interface is really intuitive and it has lots of features.

Cons

Cost - it was too expensive so it wasn't bought by our company in the end.

Joe
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 28/06/2024

Not a bad product, but not for us.

Totally fine, just not the product for us.

Pros

This is a great idea for an inexpensive process management system.

Cons

This was a little too difficult to implement, and didn't integrate with the systems we had in place already, so it was too heavy a lift to add to our organization.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 19/06/2024

Robust features but tough to implement

Pros

Has pretty much every feature you would need for project management. Very powerful and robust platform

Cons

The user interface was really hard to navigate, even for a tech savvy team like ours. Adoption was tricky because it took a lot of initial setup and training to get people to use the product consistently and effectively. It wasn’t as intuitive as we had hoped

Trello , Asana and Notion

Top monday.com Alternatives

Jessica
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 26/03/2024

Monday.com for nonprofits

Pros

We are getting Monday.com for FREE, which is amazing. That's the main reason we chose it over other products. I think it's wise for monday.com to offer this, because if our employees move on to other companies after being introduced to monday.com, they are more likely to implement it there if they are already familiar with it.

I love the customizability of monday.com.

Cons

The time tracking feature. We are using another app for time tracking. Monday.com does a good job of tracking time for specific tasks, but we haven't been able to figure out how to track all of our time on a timesheet.

While the customizability is great, sometimes monday.com can seem a bit advanced for our small org. There are so many features to explore, but sometimes it can be overwhelming or beyond our needs.

Paymo

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

We were using the free version of asana for our 3 person team, but now we are expanding use of the app to the entire org. Monday.com was the way to go because of the pricing and the flexibility. There are also lots of great tutorials.

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Monday.com is superior for task and project management, but we're still using paymo for time tracking & paying for that feature.
ERA
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 02/07/2024

Modern, intuitive project management tools

Overall, the experience exceeded expectations, and the tool is flexible enough to fit a variety of projects.

Pros

I like that it offers a free trial and allows for real-time collaboration.

Cons

Complexity of integrations and automation features, lack of templates

Reviewed on 16/05/2024

MDC makes your daily project management easier

Overall experience is good because it has a lot of features that kind of allows us to find all the information that we need regarding projects in one place. be it the tracking , movement of project and planning the delivery.

Pros

Project Planning, Scheduling and tracking for each members of the team. allows me to navigate through and identify the workload and capacity of the team.

Cons

Lot of features so it takes a lot of time just to put in all the information manually regarding projects in the tool.

Nancy
Nancy

Reviewed on 18/06/2024

Must use software to manage the tasks and logging time.

Pros

It offers customizable fields that stand best and give the platform real shine. It is so easy to understand that no one has to be taught separately. Its UI is very friendly.

Cons

There are delays in customer support and also it is bit expensive.

Julijana
Julijana
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 31/05/2024

A lot of possibilities, but difficult set up

Pros

One of our teams loved using Monday.com, especially for capacity management and project allocation. Monday has great visuals which makes the complex table easy to read!

Cons

It was super complex to set up Monday.com. The onboarding team also did not fully understand our usecases and our needs, so even tho we paid them to set us up, we still needed to do everything ourselves.

• Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 26/06/2024

Monday.com is a versatile project management platform that enhances team collaboration and...

Pros

What I like most about Monday.com is its flexibility, allowing users to tailor workflows and dashboards to fit their specific project needs, which significantly enhances team efficiency and organization.

Cons

What I like least about Monday.com is that its wide range of features can sometimes be overwhelming for new users, leading to a steep learning curve initially.

Aziz

Reviewed on 20/06/2024

monday.com Review

My overall experience with monday.com is excellent.

Pros

It helped us achieve our goals in project development and marketing. It saved time.

Cons

The application could be more up to date and visually simplified.

Brendon
Brendon
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

Complex or complete?

Clever marketing brought us here, and so far the depth of the product has lived up to the hype. Monday's development is moving a good direction - if they can wean users off of email they might help me get more team buy-in.

All said, if you have a strong, vocal PM that won't accept any deliverables that didn't go through the software, this may be all that is required.

Pros

We chose this for the depth of the product, the vision of the company, and the support system. I am quite happy with the product for the time being - options, configurations and communication tools abound, and the different ways of visualizing project data are extremely helpful and open our company to opportunities.

Cons

I have used an immense variety of project management software in my time, and all bring something to the table. Monday brings everything to the table, but the table gets too full. The sheer complexity of the offerings has kept many of my users away, and often I am in the position where I am attempting to rope members back into the software in order to not have to duplicate my reporting. Intimidated by the product, they fall back to inundating the team with email. I don't quite have a picture of how I can fully build out dozens of client folders, each with 10+ boards, each board with 4-5 groups of 1-+ "pulses" each, without anything falling through the cracks, and still knowing that progress is being made. This may be an educational thing on my part.

Avaza , Trello and Asana

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

We chose it for the depth, and the spreadsheet-style pulses.
Melanie

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

It's more robust than what I use it for, but does what I need!

Monday has helped me reign in processes around one project area in our organization and I've found it to be easy and friendly to use.

Pros

Intuitive mostly, easy to get up to speed, easy for my team to learn. Allows me to customize what I need and came with prebuilt options that helped with a quick start.

Monday's customer support team is absolutely STELLAR! They've always been incredibly helpful and friendly and their documentation is more up to date than many other SaaS products I've worked with. The sales team was also wonderful when I was starting up. The level of support they've offered was a lot of the reason I chose Monday!

Cons

The only real con for me is the reporting mechanisms, but also, if it was really important I could build my own using the API, so that's a minor flaw. I just wish that I could archive things but still report on those.

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

More organizational features, and company shifting away from Trello as a whole.

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Friendlier software and sales and support staff. More intuitive setup. Pricing made more sense for my use.
Ricardo
Ricardo
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 05/03/2022

Monday.com Review

I use it on a day to day basis mainly for project management and it works extremely well. The automation and integration aspects make it an easy to use system that the team enjoys working with.

Pros

It is extremely easy to use and does all the project planning and management grunt work for you. It can also integrate with quite a few systems to automate processes like creating a ticket system for your IT that makes IT more engaging with the end user.

Cons

The biggest draw back is how you get to allocate users. You have to add in increments of 5 which leads to paying for users that you don't use. There are also some nice features that can only be accesses with a PRO license which is a bit pricey.

LiquidPlanner and Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

We needed something easier to use

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

It was friendlier to the end user and easier to use
Cody
Cody
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 26/05/2022

Monday.com Is The Best Software I Have Ever Used

Mind-blowing. Literally would have never guessed one software could become such an integral part of my business let alone my life!

Pros

Monday is the central hub for our entire business. In fact, I run multiple businesses out of a single account because I can have the teams split up in different ways and different workplaces for each company. The dashboards and status columns make it easy to see how my teams are doing very quickly, it's amazing. I even use it for my personal task management and life management!

Cons

There are times the Mac app will be slow or missing features I want, but the Chrome version is impeccable. No other real complaints otherwise.

Airtable and ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Trello was missing the project management features and integrations we wanted.

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

All in One capability and better reviews.
Juliana
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 25/08/2022

Perfect organization with monday.com

I think that my team's experience with monday.com has been very positive, and it has helped me tremendously in having more organization around all my projects. It helps me break down my time into different aspects and helps me put more effort into urgent and important tasks that need to be completed during the day. monday.com has also been of great aid in providing helpful tools to make our projects as automated as possible and helping us get rid of many tasks that we used to do manually but now this tool helps us complete them in a timely manner without any issues, and as a result of that, I can focus on my projects in more depth and plan all my work for the week rapidly, as well as improving our workflow as a team and helping me sort different tasks and asign them to different members.

Pros

Monday.com is my preferred project management tool. It is a very versatile software and it provides great features that help me manage all my projects in a seamless way. I like that it is very customizable and allows me to view my projects in many different ways. Monday.com has a smart way to track progress and it is present uring every stage of a project, helping me brainstorm in the beginning stage and helping me finish all my projects successfully. I also like the fact that it has the ability to create and organize tasks, creating to-do lists and reports that help me understand and keep track of my own progress and my team's progress simulatenously, and making it easier to know what to schedule in our calendars and helping us organize our workflows better. Monday.com also has many beautiful templates that adjust to every single project and it has a wide variety of boards that let me choose how to view my project and how to view my tasks.

Cons

Monday.com is not the most user-friendly software and it shows in the beginning stages of setting everything up in the software. I personally had a hard time using it in the beginning as I felt that the platform looked too cluttered and it felt very hard to organize things to make it look like my own space. Thankfully, this software is very customizable and I was able to adjust it to my needs eventually and make it feel more like my style and my business' style, and it has improved my workflow greatly. One more thing that I don't like about monday.com is the fact that the pricing plans don't have much variety and it's quite a high price for small businesses.

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Asana seemed like a great option but ultimately we ended up choosing monday.com because of the amount of tools we thought fit better for our organization.

Reviewed on 07/09/2022

Great functionality in the Free version and worth paying for if you need a bit extra

Really great, it's been a big help for us in onboarding a new team member and making sure we all know what we are meant to be doing.

Pros

The fact that it's so funcational when it's free and easy to see what you get for your money if you do pay for extras. That makes me more likely to upgrade to a paid account at times when we need it.
We love that its a really visual tool and this works for a 100% remote team running multiple complex projects. the ability to automate a lot of the processes also helps us and reduces our workload doing the silly little jobs that hold up getting into the real work!

Cons

The only thing I don't really like is the way the messages stack in the tasks and I haven't yet found a good way of having a space we can workshop in but we have other tolls for that which we can add links to so that's alright for now.

Sam
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 13/03/2023

A must have for non-profits

My experience is excellent, the ability to assign tasks, track and monitor peoples work and see where bottle necks or delays are occurring is one of the best features I have found so far.

Pros

This software is indispensable in this new world of remote and hybrid working. Monday.com has fully replaced our grant management system we have before and the functionalities make it much more user friendly, able to coordinate tasks and proposals so much more effectively. We have also set it up so it tracks the progress and deadlines of our grant-reporting requirements as well which was an area of particular weakness for my organisation before we switched over to this new platform.

Cons

It took quite a number of weeks for our non-profit status to be approved so I could get the wider team added to the platform- however the fact that it is completely free means I can not moan too much!

Hive

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

I needed a platform which had more functionalities and could be easily updated in real time by multiple team members who are working from home and even working from differentHive countries.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Monday.com free non-profit option and easy/ simple interface allowed the team to switch over with minimum training.
Jemima
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 01/06/2023

Monday.com is the best task management software and CRM I have used.

Monday.com has helped streamline and systemise the business. It is great that it has a mobile app a computer desktop app and is accessed online. When deciding to switch over from another product I asked customer service a question and within the same day I had a zoom call organised and was able to have a full meeting with a fantastic rep who explained all the features and ensured that all aspects would suit our business.

Pros

Monday.com was very easy to migrate to from another CRM/task management system we were using before. The interface is very modern and easy to use. It makes working a real pleasure when everything is aesthetically pleasing. The time tracking, file management and customisable boards and tables are the best features for our business and keep everyone on task and track.

Cons

There aren't many cons of Monday.com. I would say that the most difficult part is creating the automatic workflows. The only other con is that it is not the cheapest software out there, however , I do believe it is worth the money.

Wassim
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 02/08/2023

Monday.com: Web-based Project Management for Ultimate Teams Centralization Support

Very good experience in this leading Web-based project management interface. Would definitely recommend it for small to medium sized projects. It has a smoother learning curve than that of Oracle Primavera.

Pros

Definitely the Web-based interface provided by Monday.com is the most motivating feature that is instigating the increase in the customer-base of this project management suite. I use Monday.com in managing my students development projects. Great tutorials and online resources make the learning curve extremely smooth. Being Web-based doesn't compromise any of the advanced project/tasks management features provided by Monday.com. With more than 15 years in the Software development arena in industry and academia, I haven't witnessed a better customer service quality and response time. I highly recommend this project management suite for small to medium projects.

Cons

The integration with collaborative tools and other project management tasks is a bit intricate. I'm sure there are streamlined processes to achieve this but it wasn't easy for us to track it and find the needed resources to use it effectively.

• Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 17/08/2023

Monday.com for Internal Creative Departments

Best project management tool on the market to date for Creative and Content Development teams.

Pros

Ease of use, pre-created templates for quick deployment, real-time collaboration, complete multiple project management and workflow tool, from request forms and interactive creative brief documents, live SOW, approval and proof reviews, and workload management, real-time team collaboration, exploration and concepting tools like whiteboards and file sharing, and integration with DAMS and file storage tools.

Cons

Most of the integrations require subscription payments to a third party and the functionality was problematic.

Asana and Smartsheet

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Trello only handled basic Kanban-style workflow. Monday.com was more of a robust PM tool

Trello and Ziflow

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

cheaper than Asana but similar in functionality. Much more intuitive than Smartsheet.
Mike
Mike
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 23/10/2023

Making Repetitive and Manual Tasks More Efficient

We had a lot of manual (repetitive) tasks that we had to manually track/update. With Monday we were able to eliminate a lot of those and allow us to onboard more people with less staff.

Pros

I really like how we can build automated emails/actions based on a variety of things (either when a date arrives, something else gets done or somethin gets updated). It really helps to still get the emails out that we want to, when we want to, without having to wait until that day and copy and past templates into Outlook. It also gives us visuals on where things stand and what the team is working on

Cons

There ALOT of options and things to choose from with the integration/automation lists. Sometimes it is hard to find exactly what you want or have it do what you want without some research. But, once you get used to looking at it differently it makes it a little easier.

Workato

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

At the time Process Street did not have the automation options that Monday did, so, it wasn't as powerful.

Process Street

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Workato is a massive project that can do even more then Monday.com, but, because of the pricing, it would only make sense to use it once we ramped up to a larger scale to get the value out of it, which we werent ready for at the time.
Janelle

Reviewed on 07/12/2023

Best project management solution for construction

Monday has been a fantastic project management solution for our business. We have come to rely solely on it to manage all of our tasks across several departments like HR, Sales, Operations, etc.

The product performs very well. We very rarely have to fix things by hand. It's also relatively easy to set up and integrate with other tools, and surprisingly, it didn't take months to move everyone's tasks onto it thanks to the simple interface. All in all, we're very happy with the serivce from Monday, would definitely recommend.

Pros

I love how in-depth the product is. There are so many modules for all kinds of different features, like managing documents, inventory, pdfs, and more. It makes it so much easier for us to maintain our IT infrastructure by reducing the number of separate tools we have to integrate and keep up with. It's also a big plus for our budget. Also, I think the interface is masterfully designed to make everything easy to navigate even when you start having more and more boards and projects on it.

Cons

It woyld be good to have the mobile interface improved a bit. Right now, it's a bit ard to navigate and you can't use a lot of the features on mobile. We'd definitely benefit from having more features available on mobile, especially for our field personnel.

Jira , Project Server and Asana

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

The variety of features offered was very important for us to boost our expansion efforts, and Monday had a lot more related features that the other options didn't have. It also had an edge in terms of interface and te number of native integrations available.

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

One of the best management software

Overall I like Monday.com a lot as it cleared my mailbox too. Team members now directly send updates to the board resulting in l lot less unnecessary emails. Another good feature is the board email, I can send email to the board members in one go. You need not to create separate group or anything, just the email of board that's it!

Pros

First of all it has a lot of useful features which makes managing multiple teams so easy. You can configure boards according to your need which can be shared with other members privately too, simple yet very important feature. Members can create their own boards as well which can be subscribed by anybody. So, if any of my member creates a really interesting board, I subscribe it and see the updates from that directly. Duplicating board is easy which comes in handy when creating boards for multiple timelines, this makes work a lot less. For record or sharing status with higher management you can also export the board as an excel file which I find very convenient. Deleting, Archiving are all added features used regularly. For filters, you can create your filter as per you need for better search. I also like the quick links, recent and saved searches options all resulting in less time consumption and more output. This software has a lot of flexibility and helps in better output for sure.
You can also recover you files from recycle bin within 30 days. There is lot of scope for customization, like assigning tasks to different groups, board customization, adding timelines and so on.

Cons

There is nothing as such to write in this section. I pretty much like everything about this software. It had made my life so easy. I'm sure about the cost of it as I don't handle that department.

Shoaib
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 08/12/2022

A great project management tool with great capabilities and features

We always wanted to get a project management tool that we can use for our projects and tasks management, monday.com has been great for us because that has helped us manage all our tasks and deliver on time.

Pros

I personally love the activity management and assigning tasks feature, it is simply great. Other than that time tracking feature is great which helps managers to see how much time is being spent on each task. Visualising the board in gannt chart mode is great for presentations to showcase the workload for any user.

Cons

I would say, that within each of the boards the activity log does not have many things like asana or Trello does. It is slightly more expensive than Trello which offers a free version and asana which has great UX and is highly customisable

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Recommended by new head of marketing

Kerry
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 26/08/2023

Excellent from a technical point of view

Monday.com has revolutionized the way my team works, earning my enthusiastic thumbs-up. The standout benefit for us is the impeccable organization it brings. Customizing boards with specific columns and colors for each project has made tracking tasks simpler and more efficient. The visual nature of the platform ensures that everyone knows exactly where things stand. Additionally, the seamless integration with other tools streamlines our workflow further. Monday.com isn't just a software; it's our productivity partner.

Pros

I've been using monday.com for our project management, and it's made a huge difference! What I love most is the visual aspect. Creating boards with colorful columns and moving tasks around feels like a game that's actually productive. It's so easy to see what's on track and what needs attention. The customizable statuses are a gem – we use them to mark tasks as "To Do," "In Progress," and "Done." This keeps everyone on the same page. Plus, the automation feature saves time. Tasks magically move to the next stage once we check off specific boxes. It's like having a virtual assistant! Monday.com has transformed the way we work, making it fun and organized.

Cons

While I find monday.com quite useful, there's one thing that bugs me: the learning curve. At first, the customization options are exciting, but they can also be overwhelming. Setting up boards and columns took time to figure out, and I wish there was a simpler onboarding process. Also, the price feels a bit steep for smaller teams. As we grow, it's becoming a bigger slice of our budget. Don't get me wrong, it's a powerful tool, but I'd appreciate more user-friendly guidance, especially when starting out.