About monday.com

monday.com is an award-winning work and project management platform that helps teams of all sizes plan, prioritize, manage, and execute their work more effectively. The platform offers solutions for a wide range of use-cases...

Browse monday.com Reviews

3,459 of 3,459 reviews
Nadeem
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 06/01/2023

Is Monday.com the Perfect Solution for Collaboration and Productivity?

Monday.com is a powerful and user-friendly project management & collaboration platform that offers a wide range of features and capabilities. Some of the features that I have used so far have had a very positive impact on increasing the efficiency of managing small-mid size projects.One of the best options that I use extensively is to create custom dashboards with a variety of widgets, such as charts and maps, and to track the progress and analyze data in real-time.Internal communication within teams is another feature that can help large teams spend less time using other modes of communication. Integration with other tools is a feature which I did not yet utilize, but it has a large library of data connectors that allow users to integrate the platform with other tools. Another fantastic option available is to use the mobile app that allows users to access the platform and collaborate with their team on the go.Overall, Monday.com is a comprehensive and user-friendly platform that can greatly improve the efficiency and productivity of teams and organizations.

Pros

One of the stand-out features of Monday.com is the customization options that it allows its users. There are a variety of customization options, including the ability to create custom fields and tags, to tailor the platform to the specific needs of the user.

Cons

Although Monday.com is one of the best tools in its category, the two drawbacks that I consider are that it may have a steep learning curve for some users, particularly for those who are new to project management or collaboration platforms. The second cause of concern about it is that it may not be the most cost-effective option for all users, particularly for those on a tight budget. While Monday.com offers a free version of its platform, the paid plans can be expensive, especially for larger teams.

Katrin

Reviewed on 17/01/2023

Outstanding Project Management Tool: Monday.com

Overall, monday.com has been an excellent project management tool for our organization. It has allowed us to easily track projects and tasks, and the customization options make it easily adaptable to any project size or type.

Pros

Monday.com is an incredibly versatile and user-friendly project management solution. It is an excellent way to keep track of projects, tasks, and teams, and the ability to customize it with multiple views and workflows makes it great for any size project. The user interface is intuitive, and the feature set is comprehensive.

Cons

The cost of monday.com can be an issue for some smaller businesses. It is also difficult to get the most out of the features and customization options without an in-depth knowledge of the product.

Jeremy

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

It's Just Okay

Pros

The system does help you organize projects and tasks. I loved all the integration options.

Cons

My biggest complaint has been downtime. It seems like the system goes down often. I have numerous complaints from the field regarding uptime or integrations/automations just not working.

Top monday.com Alternatives

Amit

Reviewed on 03/12/2022

Best tool for project management needs

It is easy to navigate, and the interface is straightforward and visually appealing. I have never experienced any issues with the platform, and customer service has always been responsive and helpful. Overall, I am very pleased with my experience with monday.com and would recommend it to others.

Pros

I use Monday.com for the last two years and it has been a valuable piece of my Project management and Operations processes. I have used many online tools over the years, but none of them compare to the productivity and efficiency of Monday.com. It is easy to use and it keeps me organized. It really helps me manage my projects and tasks. I also like the reporting feature because it helps me determine which projects I'm working on are the most profitable and which ones I should prioritize over the others. This tool is great for small businesses and enterprises alike.

Cons

One potential difficulty with Monday.com is the initial setup of your boards and automation. If you are not familiar with the tool.

Teamwork, BasicOps, ClickUp and Wrike

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

There are a few reasons why I chose monday.com over the alternatives.First, monday.com is extremely user-friendly and easy to use.Second, monday.com offers a lot of features and customization options. And third, monday.com has great customer support.Overall, I think monday.com is the best option for project management.

Reviewed on 25/12/2022

Monday.Com for advice tasks

Very positive experience and we have deployed it throughout our Organisation

Pros

Simple to set up and import existing lists. Easy to set up automated tasks and reminders

Cons

Slightly costly as it works on a per user basis to get the most out of the software. Would be useful to be able to have a master database to read data into - so various lists can be linked

ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

The Excel sheet was dead in the sense that it was not actively reminding staff of deadlines and it does not allow multi user collaboration

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Whilst a lot of products provide task management, Monday.Com was the closest to Excel with added benefits
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 12/01/2023

The monday.com system that facilitates the follow-up of processes between teams.

Task and appointment scheduling;Development and execution of projects.Its mobile version is its differential, besides presenting a quick synchronization.

Pros

Very accessible system, with easy-to-view layouts, self-explanatory commands, and practicality for developing and monitoring tasks between groups.

Cons

You could have more opportunity for customization of tasks/projects in more affordable plans, not just the more expensive ones, which makes implementation unfeasible.

William

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

Monday.com is a Solid Project Management solution

It is a delight and a clear winner for what I am looking for. Unfortunately, it costs too much for the cheapest plan.

Pros

It is feature-rich and much easier to learn and use than Jira Cloud.

Cons

The least appealing aspect is the Pricing. Other than the Trial Period, it is too costly for 1-2 users.

Daegil
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 29/12/2022

Good program, but not essential

Pros

It is good program to use kinds of task management. Our team are using this and it is good to arrange work-to-do list and assign some task

Cons

For me, it is a bit hard to recognize in a minute. It will be great if Monday can improve the logic visual-wise

Mario
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 22/12/2022

Maximizing Productivity with Monday

Pros

Customization: Monday.com allows users to create their own custom boards and workflows to fit their specific needs and processes.Collaboration: The platform has a range of collaboration features, including the ability to share files, assign tasks, and communicate with team members in real-time.Integrations: Monday.com can be integrated with a variety of other tools, such as Google Calendar, Trello, and Slack, which can help to streamline workflows and improve efficiency.User-friendly interface: The platform has a intuitive and user-friendly interface, which makes it easy for users to get started and navigate the various features.

Cons

Cost: Monday.com is a paid platform, and the cost may be a barrier for some users or organizations.Complexity: The platform has a large number of features and customization options, which can be overwhelming for some users. It may take some time to learn how to use all of the features and create custom boards and workflows.Limited mobile app functionality: While Monday.com does have a mobile app, it does not offer the same level of functionality as the desktop version. This can be a limitation for users who need to access the platform on the go.Dependence on internet connection: Monday.com requires an internet connection to access and use, which can be a limitation for users in areas with poor or unstable connectivity.

Dulamragchaa

Reviewed on 16/01/2023

Difficult to manage my departments internal projects without monday.com

Monday.com has allowed everyone on my team , access to an all-round view of our projects, thus leading to more effective management of team projects. Being able to automate repetitive tasks within internal projects , has helped with faster completion of some of our most complex departmental projects.

Pros

Monday.com makes the process of automating projects , to be easily customizable by anyone on my team , without the need of advanced technical knowledge. With a few tweaks and clicks, we have successfully been able to setup sequences of project processes, that work on their own with as little human input as possible.

Cons

I greatly dislike that Monday.com puts major task management features on its highest priced packages. This limits the quality of workflow management , one can accomplish using Monday.coms entry level packages.

Jake
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 27/03/2020

Easy and addicting!

Monday.com makes productivity addicting! Our small team likes seeing our progress and watching as tasks/"pulses" turn green and complete. It's very flexible and customizable. If you can figure out google sheets, you can figure out Monday. Their support team is also pretty good at answering emails quickly and they are very friendly.

Pros

- Monday.com is truly flexible and as easy to customize as a google sheet, but with way more power through smart columns, formulas, automations and integrations
- The color coded status column(s) make it easy to see how things are going at a glance and it's addicting to work as a team towards "all greens"! It's like the professional version of "closing the ring" on apple watch or reaching step goals on fitbit.
- The mobile app is almost as powerful as the web version, though I do wish they would bring "info boxes" on pulses to mobile since right now you can't see or edit those :(

Cons

- Monday.com is a bit expensive if you're a small team. I wish they had per user licenses for small teams instead of bundles.
- The My Week feature is nice to show you all of the tasks from all projects that you have due coming up, but I wish Monday.com let you create a "timeline of timelines" similar to Asana portfolios that let you see how all of your projects are progressing and how much (planned) time is left on them before final deadline etc.

Basecamp and Wrike

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Better integrations, easier to use, more flexibility

Asana

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Basecamp doesn't have things like gantt/timelines built in and, though it's super nice and easy to use esp with clients, it's a bit expensive for a small team and way less flexible than Monday. Write is just way overpriced and has add-on charges for every little feature. We like that Monday.com doesn't charge extra for each individual feature like Wrike does.
Nils

Reviewed on 18/03/2022

No more spreadsheets!

Monday.com gives us the freedom to build online tools to manage all daily tasks in our business. The versatility makes it our weapon of choice.

Pros

Monday.com is like a customizable spreadsheet in the cloud. It's easy to build any project management sheet you need. Projects to work on, time tracking, internal training, you name it. Just add the column (like status, text, numbers, formulas, assigned people, etc.) and create groups that make sense to you. Automations save a lot of time doing repetitive project management tasks.

Cons

Subitems are still relatively new, so not all features are working properly yet. New features are being released often, but now I have to use regular items to keep track of time spent per employee.

Teamwork, Teamleader, Basecamp and Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

When the team was growing, more and more problems arose when using Excel sheets, like duplicates, old files and a lot of time and effort to keep it look clean. Monday.com gives a more visual experience and drag and drop prevents data from being misplaced.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

It feels more like the style we were familiair with, but without many of the downsides.

Reviewed on 17/07/2022

All team members know what to do each week

Apply the status property to automate tasks like as responding to job applications, sending files to an email address, monitoring progress on a project, and notifying relevant parties. Monday.com now has slack integrations, so when an incident is created in a product, our members are alerted in the appropriate slack channel as well as on Monday.com.

Pros

Super easy to set up, and you can keep things basic if you like, or get creative with your tracking. In this way, I know that my team and I are covering all the bases. Our company's record-keeping and responsibility are both enhanced by the software. The responses to inquiries and requests from the support service are prompt, and the help videos are excellent.

Cons

Perhaps this is the cost that new businesses must pay. When you realize the potential of Monday.com and Notion. For a new business, it might be challenging to afford both Notion and monday.com. It may be really convenient to receive a discount for utilizing both applications.

Sheila
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

Almost perfect!

I loved using Monday.com with my own project management and when I was working on other teams. I can say it is just about perfect for larger teams and large projects. If I was to build a project management system it would be very similar to Monday. Can get over complicated as it gets deeper and deeper. Sometimes things got lost because they were so deep in the project. Having subtasks is important but they need to be managed well or they get lost.

ClickUp and Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Monday was more complicated to use and harder for new team members to get used to. ClickUp was more simple and easier to manage for larger projects.

ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

I had already been using it with another team that I worked for. I liked how they used it, but felt lost a lot but thought I'd give it a try so I didn't have to learn a new system.
Melissa

Reviewed on 18/05/2022

A huge assistance in keeping us on track with our job

As a group, we're making use of Monday.com. I had no idea what to anticipate, but I was pleasantly surprised right away. You should use this program if you want your team to be able to communicate and keep tabs on their progress. You may set up a "dashboard" for each project, assign individuals to each job, set a due date, and so forth.

Pros

Our company made use of Monday.com. I've had a wonderful time with monday.com. Personal and business endeavors alike benefit from my usage of this tool. Using it, I'm able to get things done. Depending on the team's progress, each assignment might be given to one or more persons. It's the go-to tool for getting things done in general since we can do so much more with it.

Cons

When more than two persons (3+) are involved in a project, a payment plan is required. A larger crew means a higher price tag. If you know how to utilize the tool effectively, taking a plan is in your best interest monday.com.

Kim
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

I love Monday.com!

Where do I start? This software is very affordable, and really helps with small business management. I work in transportation and customs brokerage, and since we implemented Monday.com as our customer facing communication device, we have seen a huge reduction in confusion, less emails being lost, and more customer satisfaction.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to manage, easy to implement. Monday.com portal software has improved our communications with our customers, and is extremely intuitive. Support is there if you need it, and they are consistently improving the features. I highly recommend!

Cons

The only improvement I would suggest is that each time a member is mentioned, the task goes back to the inbox for review. For example, I use the inbox as a to-do list, but what I think is done may have more requirements. It would be nice if the follow ups showed back up on my inbox. It would also be nice to have a payment feature, but I think that may be a third party app we can include. I need to look into it.

Justin
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 05/04/2022

Monday.com - Great for 2 -3 People, Expensive for Anything Larger

Overall, If I really understood the costs upfront, I would have been more hesitant to transfer literally everything to Monday.com. I felt that it was kind of a hidden surprise and not in a good way. However, the project management for 2-3 people was incredible. I was moving at light speed, so much so that I needed to expand to more users. However, money doesn't grow on trees and I was ultimately stifled by the growing cost of each additional user. It definitely helped me organize all of my ideas into neat little boxes that could be expanded and tracked, which really gave me a birds eye view of my business.

Pros

At first, I loved Monday.com. The ease of use. The beautiful and simple design. I was enamored by every feature of this tool. Previously, I had notes jumbled on papers, in Apple Notes, and in Microsoft Excel. This was my solution to everything. I was able to transition all of my projects into one, sleek looking interface that inspired me to delve deeper into what was working about my company.

Cons

After the trial period ended, I realized the prices skyrocketed for adding multiple users. That totally sucked because I already transferred my entire digital life to Monday.com. 1 to 3 people was a do-able price for my small business. However, when I wanted to include 7 or 8 people, it was too cost prohibitive for the income that we were generating. Every penny matters when managing a business and this was the straw that broke the camels back for my utilization of Monday.com

Wix, iCloud, Eventbrite, Mailchimp, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

The ease of use and absolutely gorgeous design. And how it perfectly mimicked the desktop version on my phone. I was blown away. None of the other tools were able to come even close to the integration that I was able to achieve on Monday.com

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Monday.com was by far the most advanced tool and gave me all the features I was looking for in one easy to use interface. I was absolutely sold on it as soon as I really delved deeper into it. I found that I was able to run my business more effectively and initially had huge success implementing it.
Jeff

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

Best Project Mgmt Software I've Ever Used

I've been using Monday.com for a few years (at the time of this review) for a number of personal projects, more importantly in my career to manage tickets and many different kinds of projects for my IT Department and for software and hardware implementations.

Pros

Monday.com is absolutely amazing! It's extremely intuitive and simple to get up and get using! The different ways that you can setup your Project Boards make it extremely flexible and powerful. I've used other Project Management Software programs, and there isn't anything out there that compares. There are a lot of options for add-on's as well, and more are added monthly. Their how-to videos and great online documentation/help make it simple to get the most from Monday.com. Being able to set the combination of statuses and priorities help you stay focused and the collaboration functionality of the software is also intuitive and powerful. This makes completing projects both fun and productive!

Cons

The software is expensive...particularly compared to competing projects, but don't let this scare you away. Once you get through the free trial period, it will be apparent that it's worth the extra money to use something that's so simple yet powerful and flexible.

Basecamp and Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Monday.com is much more intuitive, much more visual, flexible, and has a far deeper feature set and better overall integration options.

Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Monday.com is simply more visual in the way it manages projects, more flexible in it's setup, and has far more features that the competing products.
Dora

Reviewed on 17/05/2022

Easy Project Management

Monday.com keeps my team organized. It took minimal time to set up and keeps us on track. Two thumbs up!

Pros

My team loves Monday.com as it keeps us on the same page with projects and tasks, and helps us present our overall marketing calendar. We use it on a daily basis and it helps me keep my team of 8 organized and efficient.

Cons

I wish the different boards were integrated a little easier so I could have one board for sales, one for marketing, and then one for my overall calendar I could share with my management team. I'd like to be able to see things from a high level and then be able to drill down but unfortunately, that is not offered.

Basecamp

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Jira is more of a technical project management tool. I needed something that my creators could use with ease.

Ease of use and price.

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

One of the best management software

Overall I like Monday.com a lot as it cleared my mailbox too. Team members now directly send updates to the board resulting in l lot less unnecessary emails. Another good feature is the board email, I can send email to the board members in one go. You need not to create separate group or anything, just the email of board that's it!

Pros

First of all it has a lot of useful features which makes managing multiple teams so easy. You can configure boards according to your need which can be shared with other members privately too, simple yet very important feature. Members can create their own boards as well which can be subscribed by anybody. So, if any of my member creates a really interesting board, I subscribe it and see the updates from that directly. Duplicating board is easy which comes in handy when creating boards for multiple timelines, this makes work a lot less. For record or sharing status with higher management you can also export the board as an excel file which I find very convenient. Deleting, Archiving are all added features used regularly. For filters, you can create your filter as per you need for better search. I also like the quick links, recent and saved searches options all resulting in less time consumption and more output. This software has a lot of flexibility and helps in better output for sure.
You can also recover you files from recycle bin within 30 days. There is lot of scope for customization, like assigning tasks to different groups, board customization, adding timelines and so on.

Cons

There is nothing as such to write in this section. I pretty much like everything about this software. It had made my life so easy. I'm sure about the cost of it as I don't handle that department.

Kiara

Reviewed on 09/11/2022

Monday.com Is Like Having A Personal Assistant That Remembers Everything

At Modernized Mobile (MoMo), we rely on Monday.com to keep everything organized and on track. Each morning, our team checks the Monday dashboard to see which tasks need to be completed for clients such as [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. Monday allows us to easily delegate tasks and monitor progress, ensuring that projects are completed efficiently and accurately. Monday also helps us communicate with clients seamlessly, allowing us to provide updates and gather feedback in real time. Overall, Monday is a crucial component of MoMo's daily operations and project management process. It allows us to consistently deliver exceptional results for our clients. Thank you Monday for helping us stay on top of it all!

Pros

One of Monday.com's top features are its customizable workflows, which allow users to tailor their boards according to their specific needs and tasks. Another standout feature is its time tracking system, allowing team members to track the time they spend on each task and project. Monday.com also offers integration options with different programs such as Google Drive and Slack, making it easy for users to share and access important files and information. And last but not least, Monday.com offers mobile apps for both iOS and Android devices, so users can stay productive even when they're on the go. These top features make Monday.com a go-to tool for teams looking to increase their productivity and efficiency.

Cons

Monday.com is a popular project management tool that allows you to track tasks and team members' progress. While it offers a user-friendly interface and helpful features like calendar integration, there are a few drawbacks to consider before committing to Monday.com. First, the pricing structure can be confusing and expensive for larger teams. Furthermore, Monday.com lacks robust support for file storage and version control, meaning that important documents may become scattered and outdated as your team continues to add new updates. Additionally, the mobile app can be glitchy and lacks some important desktop features, making it difficult for remote team members to stay on top of their tasks. Overall, Monday.com can definitely streamline your project management process, but it's worth weighing the cons before taking the plunge.

Shoaib
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 08/12/2022

A great project management tool with great capabilities and features

We always wanted to get a project management tool that we can use for our projects and tasks management, monday.com has been great for us because that has helped us manage all our tasks and deliver on time.

Pros

I personally love the activity management and assigning tasks feature, it is simply great. Other than that time tracking feature is great which helps managers to see how much time is being spent on each task. Visualising the board in gannt chart mode is great for presentations to showcase the workload for any user.

Cons

I would say, that within each of the boards the activity log does not have many things like asana or Trello does. It is slightly more expensive than Trello which offers a free version and asana which has great UX and is highly customisable

Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Recommended by new head of marketing

Trello
Ramzi

Reviewed on 14/07/2022

To ensure more effective cooperation by all team members

monday.com helped us prepare schedules for some projects that need to be implemented in a short time and include a few activities, as it enabled us to follow them accurately and ensure that all tasks are being worked on according to the approved plan, and also enabled us to set up a dashboard for it and also enables us to share it easily With our managers so that they can properly understand the situation of the business and can take appropriate decisions.

Pros

monday.com is flexible enough that I can create a dashboard for each of the projects I follow, so that I can design and modify it to suit the needs of the project. I appreciate the collaborative benefits available at monday.com, which enables us to collaborate as a team to prepare an accurate workflow plan, as well as follow up on tasks and constantly update everything related to them. monday.com allows us to create a main folder for each project and also multiple subfolders, and we can add all the project's belongings to them and store them on the cloud, which we can access easily at any time. I love the alerts system and also adding notes and assigning them to one of the team members or all members, which increases our ability to comprehensively follow up on all project events.

Cons

I find monday.com suitable for following up on small projects with limited number of activities, but when the number of tasks increases, the system becomes slow and sometimes we do not get an accurate automatic update of the tasks dates within the scope of the workflow chart, which causes problems for all members.

Elizabeth

Reviewed on 30/04/2022

Effective synchronization for your work team

Monday.com helps me to do my work quickly and organized, it allows me to clearly see if there has been a change or if they have edited a job already done, it assigns specific tasks for each area, managers can be aware of the flow of personnel to charge, Thanks to Moday.com synchronization of my work team has been very effective.

Pros

I like it because it is a software that has helped me and my work team, for the management, monitoring, planning and execution of projects, it also helps to monitor the progress of projects and daily tasks, thus ending the accumulation of tasks and having a better order in the preparation of projects, and that communication and collaboration flow better between team participants and automate manual work and analyze important data, it has many customizable work templates, data panels and integrations of tools such as Outlook , Zoom, Dropbox, Google Drive, Excel, among others.

Cons

I don't find anything negative in this software since it fulfills all its functions.

Kevin

Reviewed on 04/02/2022

Awesome for Agile Project Management

Pros

Monday.com's adaptability has been the best component for us - it has permitted us to use a solitary stage for significantly more than simply an errand the executives framework, which contrasted with a couple of other undertaking stages is associations ahead.

Cons

I might want to see more realistic choices to quantify the assets there I am allotting in certain assignments and furthermore a grade of exertion other than need, for example, an include of hours in which we hope to do the work.

Costly