About MedicsPremier

MedicsPremier supports comprehensive financial/operational/workflow management and a nearly 100% success rate on first attempt HCFA/UB clearinghouse claims with a utility for workers compensation/no-fault claims/documentation. ED...

All MedicsPremier Reviews Apply filters

Browse MedicsPremier Reviews

Jennifer T. Jennifer T.

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

Overall good software

My overall impression is 85% positive and I would still recommend them to others.

Pros

I love that the confirm phone texts go out the day before the appointment. We have it set to go out at 11 am and shortly after that the confirms and cancellations start coming in. It allows us the time to reschedule patients and to put patients in that are waiting for appointments.

Cons

I definitely am not crazy about when calling for customer service and have to put in a ticket and wait for a call back. The wait time is too long. I also would like them to improve on printing a statement for a patient. I tell patients jokingly "just 9 easy steps to a receipt".

Andrea G. Andrea G.

Reviewed on 03/09/2019

MEDICS REVIEW

OVERALL EXPERIENCE IS GOOD. NO REAL CONCERNS.

Pros

The software is user friendly , easy to learn and makes scheduling a breeze.

Cons

The merging of patient information gets inputted at times if not careful and we lose the new information.

Tanya J. Tanya J.

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

MedicsPremier Software

Pros

I like the functionality of the reports, posting of payments and charges with ease.
Accounts are easy to read.

Cons

creating sets for users.
setting up the scheduler.

Top MedicsPremier Alternatives

AMS Ultra Charts

LigoLab LIS & RCM Laboratory Operating Platform

Sheila S. Sheila S.

Reviewed on 25/09/2009

Medics Elite

I would recommend Medics Elite to most physician practices.

Pros

System works with windows operating system which most companies have on their computers and most employees are able to use it without diffuculty as it is an environment in which they are familiar. Access to data can be limited, based on the need to know of the employee-great for HIPAA. Excellent support for questions on the program itself.

Cons

Does not have flexibiliy for modification as well as Unix/Linux operating system does. Therefore, Advanced Data Systems is limited in meeting needs for something special. There is no SQL manual and support can be frustrating on this subject.

Debra G. Debra G.

Reviewed on 08/10/2016

Good but could be better

I manage a 5 Doctor medical practice in NYC and used it for 6 years

Pros

Very easy to learn and very user friendly

Cons

The practice management reports are terrible. Very difficult to compile and very poor selection

Kristine B. Kristine B.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care
1.5
1.5

Reviewed on 04/06/2015

We are largely unhappy with ADS.

Pros

The posting process is elegant and easy. We are able to easily create records for new patients, although the system will not tell you if you have a duplicate entry nor are you able to delete an entry even if duplicated

Cons

We cannot look up mental health benefits in any useful way, despite being assured we could. We cannot use the product for payroll because of repeated inaccuracies in the way the system seems to randomly miss ERH payments. Submitting claims is not the "push of a button" we were promised, but rather a 27-step process (yes, we counted). Customer service is hit and miss. Some folks there are conscientious and thoughtful, others are impossible to understand or apathetic at best. At one point the system was down for two days and not one of our calls to customer service were answered nor were any of our multiple email requests for help.

Trish S. Trish S.

Reviewed on 02/01/2015

User-friendly and easy to train new employees

Pros

I like the ease of the drop down menus and customized reports. The scheduling module is easy to customize with color-coded appointments.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to customize for physical therapy as opposed to physician office.

Joyce H. Joyce H.

Reviewed on 16/09/2009

Office Coordinator

I would recommend this product to people who are looking into switching systems.

Pros

Window base is very easy to use and explain to new employees on the use of system.
Tech support is always very helpful.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Elarie S. Elarie S.

Reviewed on 18/12/2019

A medical software that has grown with me for almost 30 years

Pros

It allows me to give my clients and patients reliable information within a minute. As a billing company, I have had requests for specific reports that I have always been able to supply. My software company has always responded quickly to my needs, no matter how small the problem was. Most important, when my hardware crashed many years ago, my information was retrieved and I was up and running within hours.

Cons

I was over whelmed by the look of Medics Premier initially. It took days to get comfortable with looking at so much information on a screen.

Curtis N. Curtis N.

Reviewed on 25/06/2021

MedicsPremier is our Go-To.

Pros

The biggest plus for us the high FPRR that we get with ADS. The second is the customer service. They respond quickly and are very helpful.

Cons

We have not fully utilized the denials management elements of the software.

Nicole K. Nicole K.

Reviewed on 19/08/2019

Medics Premier review

“Our company has produced incredibly powerful results for our clients in terms of the revenue we've generated and the efficiencies we take advantage of.”

Pros

Ease of use and ability to run reports myself.

Cons

There are times when I cannot find the right report, however, I am able to get help through my RCM team.

Sam W. Sam W.

Maximizing Clinic Flow with Medics Premier

Pros

Medics Premier is a wonderful software in that it is easy to use - but at the same time offers a great deal of flexibility and customization so that we can tailor it to meet our unique needs as a medical practice. The software is simple to navigate for the new employee, yet offers complex reporting and analytics to help us evaluate our continuous improvement.

Cons

In general, if there is a feature that is not already built in to the program, or some sort of additional reporting that we would like, the ADS Medics Premier team is always ready to help customize and push through improvements and additions.

Patrycja B. Patrycja B.

Reviewed on 17/02/2020

good software

Pros

Easy to use, easy to navigate, easy to customize

Cons

Missing few features, some problems without explanation why

Cindy F. Cindy F.

Great Medical Software

I have found MedicsPremier to be easy to learn and use. It covers all of our practice needs from a to z. It allows us to customize the software to our needs.

Pros

It is easy to use and allows us to customize the settings for our practice.

Cons

I do not have any complaints about the software, it suits our needs perfectly.

Nkeiruka O. Nkeiruka O.
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 18/08/2020

EASY-TO-USE MEDICAL APP

Medical practice has been made very easy as one does not necessarily need to be technically savvy to use this Software. Every aspect of the Software is carefully explained and this has made it very quick to learn.

Pros

The MedicsPremier is very user-friendly. It makes the medical practice efficient and effective thereby enhancing performance in the Clinic.

Cons

Sometimes the database structure makes it difficult to access the particular information one wants to at a given time. It takes a lot of knowledge to understand the right process.

Mary S. Mary S.
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 10/06/2021

Overall a good medical billing software

Streamlining the work flow and getting claims done in a timely manner. Easy from a Medical billing office to connect with clients who utilize the system and get information that is needed.

Pros

Very easy to make changes in encounters and update patient information

Cons

The statements could be a little more concise, some patients get confused reading them.

Samantha H. Samantha H.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 27/10/2019

medicspremier

overall i would refer this product to someone to use it simple and easy to get the money to see more patients

Pros

this is a software and system both has helped in the company billing and management of the overall company's billing functions and get money owned to the company

Cons

so far i am happy with this system but the price is high

Ruby D. Ruby D.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 20/01/2021

Useful app

Pros

This is a really useful app. I decided to give this a try after teladoc was not working on my phone after an update. Was able to get a medical advice in a short time.

Cons

The interface is not very interesting. It is simple

Kelsey S. Kelsey S.

Reviewed on 29/03/2018

No comparison to other billing companies we've used!

Pros

We are still new to the product but the reports module allows us to get very granular with our company billing data. We can customize and run any report we can imagine. The availability of data at our fingertips is awesome.

Additionally, the support we have received from the company has been incomparable-the team has been extremely responsive.

Cons

There's a lot to learn about the software and it can seem overwhelming, but the data availability is worth it.

Margie M. Margie M.

Reviewed on 30/08/2017

Excellence in PM Systems

The ease of use for performing all the necessary tasks needed in our Revenue Cycle Management.
My users feedback within our practice of how easy and friendly the system works.

Pros

I have worked with Advanced Data Systems in their PM and EHR systems for 17+ years. The flexibility of use on Medics Premier is phenomenal. All my users were trained on it right away and they loved the way how user friendly the system is. It is very easy to navigate from patient to patient and account to account without having to close the current window you are in. It still has the old concept of a chart view with the easy to read Tabs in the demographic screen and ledger view. The super robust of Financial Reports within Medics Premier really gives a great view of your revenue forecast, as well as where your claims sit. These reports can be pulled in many, different ways, depending on what you are really looking for or need. This was a great ROI decision made. I definitely recommend ADS for your PM and EHR needs.

Cons

The one thing thing I find least about Medics Premier system is that the Referring Physician section needs improvement. It would be of great value if when a new referring physician is being added in Premier that the functionality of the "Add from List" button worked seamlessly. This Physician Hub stays on Loading and doesn't do anything else. Us users would love for this to work as it would improve in the workflow of data entry.
This would be the only one Cons I say the system has.

Sam Y. Sam Y.

Support Service Must Be Improved

Pros

The software is ""lightning fast to perform on.

Cons

Customer Support is something that needs to be drastically improved. We pay $3000.00 for our support contract and most of the time we wait about 3 hours on average for someone to call us on each ticket created. Any support calls placed after 3pm EST are not being returned until the next business day.

Eric S. Eric S.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 09/08/2019

I trusted my business with ADS....

Pros

I trusted my business with ADS and am so thrilled I did. I had another system where I was losing money hand over fist and ADS with great people and software saved my money!
My company has grown significally with ADS. They are always there for me!

Cons

When a company saves your money there is nothing negative to say!

Karol Z. Karol Z.

Reviewed on 28/09/2009

The system is working fine for our practice.

Pros

Easy to use; easy to train.

Cons

Reports are limited; support often hard to understand; someone has to call back.

Patricia S. Patricia S.

Reviewed on 03/09/2019

Medics Premier

My experience has been a positive one. I have been able to learn a lot over the last year and look forward to the opportunity to continue to learn as we move forward with our growth as a company.

Pros

The system is fairly user friendly. The menu options along with the online Help function guide you through the program functionality. The explanation per line is extremely helpful

Cons

The reports. It takes multiple reports to obtain information that could potentially be located by being able to customize a report. Figuring out which report will provide the most needed information has been my biggest challenge. Automation between our LIMS (lab) side and the billing software had not been successful

Crista K. Crista K.

Reviewed on 17/02/2021

Honest Review

So far since getting Premier I will say the ease of scheduling and claims has become much simpler. i enjoy using this program daily.

Pros

I love the ease of scheduling and sending out claims. Also the claims we receive this way being posted automatically makes my life much easier.

Cons

Secondary claims that need to be sent to insurances for some reason never go automatically. I am not sure what exactly I am doing wrong or if that is just how it is. Most times the claims post with no issues on occasion I have 2 insurances that do not like to post automatically.