About Saba Cloud

Saba Cloud provides companies across the globe with a cloud-based learning and talent management application designed to drive employee engagement, elevate skills and improve business productivity. Saba Cloud provides traditiona...

Browse Saba Cloud Reviews

Devashish N. Devashish N.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 30/04/2019

SABA Cloud is a necessary Evil

Earlier we had the internal Learning Management System which had become unmanageable and didn't had superior features; but with Saba Cloud (SaaS) application the enterprise need not worry about maintenance and downtime.

Pros

1.)Supports multiple Training Types like Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT), Instructor Led Training (ILT), Self -Paced Training etc.
2.)Support Multiple Contents like Adobe Content, SCROM, URL, WebEx Recordings, MP4 etc. Though SCROM is best.
3.) Multiple ways to create assessments varying from Paragraph questions to MCQ with single select and multi-correct along with weight-age scoring for each correct option, pre and post class surveys.
4.) Functionality to add keywords & Tags to each course to enhance ease of search for users
5.) RDI (Rapid Data Import) to bulk update or import data like marking user attendance, course creation, user registration etc.
6.)Prescriptive Rules (PR) to auto enroll new employees to Mandatory Compliance and New Joiners Induction Training

Cons

1.) Performance of TIM (The Intelligent Mentor), the course recommender system is bad.
2.)Not much APIs are available for integration unlike we have for Salesforce (CRM)
3.)Lacks ability for administrators to Customize some inline CSS and HTML works to customize the Course Header and Description etc.
4.) Lacks Good Dashboards for Management Reporting
5.) Poor Customer Support

Tila M. Tila M.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 03/06/2021

Heavy Hitter for LMS's

Pros

There isnt much that you can need to do that this LMS cant accomplish. Additionally, as they converge with Cornerstone there is now some content options as well. It is easy to use on the end user side and offers a lot of customization on the administrative side.

Cons

The price is steep, and it has so much that can be customized that it is often hard to know what the impact of a certain choice might be.

Bill G. Bill G.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 11/09/2017

The product has met our expectations - and with each new release it improves

Allows Harvard to move all non-academic learning onto a single platform. Includes professional development, compliance (Environmental Health & Safety), research compliance, and application training.

Pros

Easy of use, broad functionality to support formal WBT and classroom learning as well as informal learning with its social groups and just - in - time training documentation

Cons

As a cloud customer - you always can't get what you want. You are one of many clients that are requesting enhancements that may or may not get considered.

Top Saba Cloud Alternatives

Nancy T. Nancy T.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

Like a bad dream

I am disappointed in SABA. They have added an unneccessary burden to my work life and I resent it.

Pros

Less paper in my office - mobile platform. Some groups like being able to send kudos to each other in a public forum. If it worked, it would be great. Theoretically employees and managers would have access to prior years docs. For a small company of 200 people, with a tiny HR department, the ADMIN burden of this product outweighs any benefit.

Cons

The product is counterintuitive, difficult to maneuver thru, inefficient, and offers no immediate online training/support. If an employee fails to hit complete on their input or hits complete too soon, it affects the Managers ability to see the input. If a Manager fails to log in and hit the complete button after the final review mtg, then the review won't be available for viewing in next year. This is emblematic of multiple faults with the software. At review time, I become a Full Time Software Support rep trying to handling all employee inquiries relating to Saba's many limitations. I do NOT have time for this additional FT job! There is no reason this software should be so difficult to use. The fact that Training is extra adds insult to injury. It should not be an annual add-on. This is expensive software. Saba should offer a FREE generic training and offer a buy-up for customers wanting something Customized. Saba nickel and dimes customers to death. for the ridiculous price we pay, I do not think we get our money's worth.

Brian H. Brian H.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 19/08/2014

Highly Flexible and Robust

Pros

The Saba application is a full suite solution and gracefully manages and integrates objects. Where many systems provide one or two methods of managing an activity, the breadth/depth of the Saba table structure provides more. Finding a way to manage or nest objects is easy.

Support is very solid, if sometimes pricy. At least you get what you pay for.

Cons

Built from the ground up as an LMS/LCMS, it is very strong in that arena. It can get a little counterintuitive with the more recent functionality.

Saba provides a well-thought-out approach, but frequently includes additional capability that the industry is not yet ready for. (They pursue the vision.) Expect to have unused functionality that may be moot by the time your organization matures to managing the capability they provide.

Mehmet Y. Mehmet Y.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 20/05/2020

Learning Solution Provided at Cloud

Simple and lean cloud system for learning solutions and easy to use. I love that as for a newcomer to company such solutions is very important and explaining SABA to a newcomer is very easy.

Pros

We are using SABA CLOUD as learning solution for online learning classes and webinars. In terms of that, SABA is very precise and lean.I have never experienced a problem.

Cons

I'm not sure if it is really required but some features to make learning activities more interactive might be useful. There are lots of new learning websites, especially for data science products which are very interactive.

Jessica W. Jessica W.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 07/12/2016

Not Your Biggest Fan

We implemented Saba about a year ago and haven't been very happy with our choice. I wish they had better Customer Service, a more responsive Support Team and a system that worked as it is designed. In the past year I have opened 38 support cases and it has taken in upwards of 69 days to resolve a case. In my opinion, that is unacceptable and should never happen.

Many attempts to provide this exact feedback have fallen on deaf ears. I have been in contact with their Support Manager and he acknowledges there are issues and constantly assures me they are making changes. However, I have not seen any improvements.

I share this feedback because I wish there had been this information available when we were inquiring about their system. I hope this information can help someone avoid making the same mistake we did when we purchased and implemented the Saba system.

Pros

At this time I am unaware of any pros that would make Saba a better choice than any other LMS vendor in the market.

Cons

Customer Service,
Unreliable Support
Constant issues being experienced
Functionality not working the way it was designed

Luimer D. Luimer D.

Reviewed on 30/04/2018

It guarantees a diversity of possibilities for doing business

We have improved our work performance thanks to this platform we love we will continue using it

Pros

It allows you to do business with other companies in a personalized way, the technical support is top notch. I would use it again. Saba's ability to relate to other platforms has improved our work and facilitated it is very useful

Cons

One of the few limitations that this platform has is the file loading speed is very slow for the world in which we live, We hope they improve this failure

Reviewed on 19/01/2019

Saba

Pros

Easy to integrate and track workforce training, for example, as that is its use at my company.

Cons

No option to review multiple items at once. Once one training item is opened, no option to select the next one, and one must go back to the homepage and manually select the next training

Brandy S. Brandy S.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 27/01/2019

Saba Learning Path Review

Pros

I use Learning Path by Saba for completing my eLearning for my company's SOPs, policies, and other training. It is easy to use, can be used as a social media outlet with my co-workers, and will even generate reports of my eLearnings.

Cons

Sometimes the software glitches when using in Internet Explorer, so for whatever reason, I will have to open it with Google Chrome to get it to work, which isn't a major issue. No other complaints.

Shilanna G. Shilanna G.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 07/12/2016

Our Saba Experience

Unfortunately, our Saba experience has been nothing but issue after issue. From the lack of functionality within the tool, to the lack of customer support we receive, it has just been a very disappointing and deflating experience. Many of the tools/features of the system that we tried to implement do not work ("bugs" in the system), and as a result, we have to develop workarounds. Day after day, we hear nothing but complaints from our employees, as the tool is not intuitive, it's klunky, and many things that should be straightforward are not. The user adoption process has not been easy, to say the least. Perhaps what is most disappointing, however, is the lack of customer support we have received to help us mitigate these issues. Over the last year and a half, we have had 4 different customer success managers, and at the end of the day, we still feel as though we are left to fight the battles alone. There have even been instances where we have figured something out on our own, and then our CSM will come back to us asking how we fixed the issue.

Khurram M. Khurram M.

Reviewed on 15/10/2021

Saba Cloud's review

Pros

Easy to understand and navigate through different options and tabs. Also have options to share video channels, files, links, workspaces, and analytics. Also shows the deadlines to complete mandatory trainings.

Cons

Ocassinally the course does not start from where you left off and have to start from the begining.

• Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

Top Line LMS

Pros

This was one of the best LMS systems we have experienced. Top of the line, met all our team needs and was incredibly user intuitive. Easy navigation makes for easy implementation across the team.

Cons

Very expensive. You definitely get what you're paying for.

Natasha A. Natasha A.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 23/12/2018

Manage talent with participation and productivity

We have evolved in the areas related to the training of each member of our institution, it is an experience that encourages both the organizers and participants, the planning of our training is much more accurate allowing the employee to expand their professional development even more

Pros

It is a new and complete talent management platform, you receive the necessary support to learn how to use it in case you need it, the customer service is fast and efficient. You can track the training and see how they are developing each of the participants

Cons

It is a multiplatform application, so the mobile application should improve

Ali S. Ali S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 02/02/2017

Saba is one of the best in Learning

My experience with SABA LMS has been great. They have a very powerful product and the features of their LMS are phenomenal. Their customer service is always there to support their customers as well. The offering is a bit pricey, though. All in all, I recommend them wholeheartedly for their LMS!

Sean M. Sean M.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

It works, that's all.

Pros

My company uses this software for training, and it's pretty irritating. I'm not well versed with the scope of it all, but for what I need it for, it's mediocre at best. It does provide a virtual classroom feel.

Cons

Very prone to connection and hardware compatibility issues. If I weren't required to use this by IHG, then I wouldn't.

Babak S. Babak S.

Reviewed on 11/12/2015

Very intuitive and engaging

Our users love the impressions for recognizing each other via badges. Mobile app is great and simplifies goal setting and ongoing conversations between managers and employees. System generated recommendations for relevant content, courses and experts to connect with are also quite helpful.

Kimberly M. Kimberly M.

Reviewed on 15/12/2016

Powerful tool

The platform has significant functionality and is very flexible. A great social app where we can discuss, share, chat and do other things. Even attend meetings just by one click.

Lisa B. Lisa B.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 28/07/2021

Great LMS

Overall, I've found Saba to be very responsive to customer feedback and suggestions. Their technical support is not always as responsive probably due to time zone issues (which is being addressed currently).

Pros

Easy to configure and customize as needed

Cons

The overwhelming focus seems to be on learning - would like to see more improvements/investment in the other talent modules

Russell K. Russell K.
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 24/11/2018

Halogen is a little complex, but quite powerful.

Halogen is great product but also has great customer service. I was never on hold for very long and called them often. They do not have an automated phone service. You just call the support line and you'll be talking to a real person in just a few minutes.

Pros

Halogen's 'comment helper' function is easily the best and most innovative feature. The comment helper makes it really easy for managers to add specific comments to their direct reports without having to come up with comments from scratch. For example, if you have a 5 point scale, manager's simply drag the slider from a level 5 comment (ie. He/she is always courteous and respectful with customers) to a level one comment (ie. He/she is rarely courteous and respectful with customers). It takes a little bit to setup, but you don't have to write them. Admins can just download the comment helpers directly from Halogen and train managers on how to use them.

Halogen also has a multi-rater and a third-party rater function. This is quite nice for larger organizations. A multi-rater function gives managers the ability to combine/average out the ratings from multiple managers. The third-parter rater gives the manager the ability to forward the appraisal to another manager entirely.

Cons

Halogen is not intuitive. It's unlike any other software I've come across, so the back end might be confusing if you try and learn it on your own with no training. For example, administrators might be confused by the fact that there are two locations sets of user information; one called the 'user center' and the other set inside each 'appraisal process'. The user center information holds user demographic information while the appraisal process set contains user performance information.

Kathy A. Kathy A.

Reviewed on 28/09/2009

Halogen Software - The Solution for Talent Management

I guess you can tell that I am a very satisifed customer. It's rare to feel like a vendor relationship really serves as part of your team, but the relationship with Halogen Software strengthens with time. I am confident that their team will remain on the cutting edge of Talent Management, providing us with innovative solutions and exceptional customer service.

Pros

We originally purchased a tool, but Halogen E-Appraisal has become a significant part of our culture. The product is fully customizable to meet the ever changing needs of our firm. It has provided consistency and accountability throughout our organization. Halogen's team listens to their clients, making our success their primary goal. Their customer support is superb and we continue to be amazed with the quality of each enhancement they roll out. Originally viewed as an expense, our first year of implementation resulted in efficiencies of nearly 400 hours when measured against our prior paper process. We now accomplish a higher quality of talent management with less time spent on administering the process. Our employees view the previously dreaded appraisal process as an "investment" in their career and individual personal development plans ensure that each and every member of our team will receive the training and development necessary to accomplish their career goals.

Cons

As a new user in 2004, there were limitations in the product based on the methodology our firm used for performance management. Since that time, the product has met and surpassed my expectations, causing our leadership to stretch ourselves in this area. We have more clear metrics and competencies for each role within the firm and the reporting tools allow us to see progress at all times. We also needed the ability to have multiple roles for each employee and the recent addition of the "coach" will accomplish our objectives in this area. Our firm has historically utilized a full 360 process and originally Halogen did not support the ability to conduct such a process anomymously. We recently completed our annual process, using Halogen's multi-rater tool for the first time and we were extremely pleased with the ease of use and end result of the process. I am sure there will be other issues as we continue to evolve, but we are completely satisfied with Halogen.

Leeann T. Leeann T.

Reviewed on 29/09/2009

Ease of use, functions, and support

I have been used as a referral and have spoken to or emailed comments (answered questions) to 10 or more credit unions both in canada and te USA.

I like the product and I am pleased to answer questions based on my good experience with Halogen.

Pros

The system is smart and easy to use both for the end user and the administrators
The functions are intiuitive, fast and simple.
The features provide most of what we need from ease of creating groups, to uploading data, to reports.
The service (support desk) is amazing - one of the best vendors I have ever dealt with: knowledgeable, helpful and efficient
- calls are answered quickly and the two times I choose to leave a call back number the call back was within an acceptable period of time.
When we upgraded (we host our site) the Business Systems manager commented on the amazing support he received 'we could only hope that we provide this kind of service to our members'.
The installation consultant was organized, knowledgeable and asked questions to ensure she understood our needs.
The trainer was knowledgeable and very accommodating to our needs.

Cons

We are having difficulty with one division's acceptance of the form and system. Prior to this system they used a Word doc and want to keep the look and feel of a word doc. They want to keep the feature of inputting the objectives, then using the same form for the Interim review & comments and then use the same form for the Final review & comments. They see what was input prior, and make any necessary edits/additions to objectives easily.

The one problem we are facing is that we have a process for the beginning of the year - Objective Setting Process. That process has a start and end date of about 3 months. When we hire or someone changes position they need new objectives. We set up a process for those people, however we have learned that when populating data from one process to another (such as from the objective setting process to a review process data can only be pulled from one process, and we have two processes.
And some want more than 3000 characters per text box.

Cori A. Cori A.
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 31/01/2017

Changed Performance Management Forever!

Our company was looking to completely change our date performance management process. No more yearly reviews, but monthly conversations between managers and employees, and quarterly performance appraisals using Cultural, Leadership, and Technical competencies. Saba was the system that we found to help us accomplish our goals. The system has been wonderful since implementation.

All of the learning tools that we use are housed in Saba. It also interfaces with our HRIS System, Kronos Workforce Management, to have up-to-date employee information (reporting structure, etc.), as well as photos - which has been really helpful. The Org Charts that Saba has created for us are beautiful, and help managers to easily track employee movement. Working in the financial industry, many of our employees require various certifications, and Saba allows us to track their progress, expiration dates, and recertification credits.

The Virtual Classrooms are a fantastic tool that allows us to complete training at our satellite campuses all over the US, and the Social Collaboration aspect helps our company remain inclusive.

Pros

- Detailed Analytics reporting
- Ease of use
- Social Collaboration (learners can chat with each other, post discussions, hold virtual meetings)
- Gamification - Custom Badges have been really popular at our company - employees WANT to learn to earn badges

Cons

When implementing Saba, we had been clear about the functionality we needed from the first meeting. Everything that we needed had been discussed and included in pricing quotes. Once we received the final contract, there was a fairly large discrepancy, as a feature we needed had not been included in the price quote. This delayed implementation, but was eventually resolved through our account manager.

Overall, we have been extremely pleased with this product.

Krishnamurthy P. Krishnamurthy P.

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Very helpful for learners as well as managers

The usability of this software is very amazing, be it from the learner's point of view or manager's point of view

Pros

- I like the user interface which is so friendly, I can track my mandatory courses and the courses assigned to me in home page
- Also it lets me know the courses whose due dates are nearing and I need to retake the courses
- As a manager I can create a course completion report query for employees and schedule it to be sent as an email

Cons

I cannot think about any drawbacks of this tool. It is an amazing Learning management tool. It would have been great if I was able to connect my excel to Saba database.

Andrew B. Andrew B.

Reviewed on 11/09/2017

We use Saba to deploy training content and manage session administration and analytics...

Pros

The user experience continues to improve exponentially with each update and meets the expectation of a current "Web Experience" from our users. Easy to navigate, intuitive to use and effective at meeting the needs of our many different training functions - win, win!

Cons

I would like to stronger development in the mobile platform that focuses on core learning, rather than social interaction.