About Schoox

Schoox is a cloud-based social eLearning solution that helps companies deliver employee training, development and certification courses. Available online or via mobile app, Schoox allow users to create custom-branded academies...

Browse Schoox Reviews

• Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Pretty meh. There must be a better alternative.

It's much easier to make sure that everyone does company-mandated trainings/reads memos/etc because you can actually assign courses and track their completion. It's only worth it if you really have people dedicated to company-specific trainings, though.

Pros

It's pretty standard, as far as this sort of software goes. You can see what's been assigned to you that you have to complete, and prove that you've done whatever required courses. It seems simple enough to create a course if you need something custom.

Cons

Course building tools could be improved. They aren't terrible, but there's room for improvement in making it way easier to create courses and record/create course content within the system. I've also been really disappointed in the number, quality, and variety of "outside" courses that we can take. The "professional"/"business" courses seem like something you'd put together in middle school. Very unpolished.

Shannon S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 25/08/2017

We love Schoox and the support is amazing!

Pros

Schoox has helped us with consistency in training. I like being able to get training material out to our entire company or certain departments. We can assign courses to individuals or to groups. We are able to track training and compliance courses to assure that our team is completing their courses.

Cons

My least favorite part of Schoox is the hierarchy set up. It is confusing to me and it carries over to the auto-assign rule for courses.

Response from Schoox

Thank you Shannon!

Replied 25/08/2017
Michael R.
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 28/06/2018

Innovative Approach To Training Your Team

Pros

I love this software. I think it's creative and easy to use. Training your team (and keeping them current with trainings) is a lot to handle - too much for many businesses. If you've ever come to the close of a year, only to realize that some of your team members haven't completed their required trainings, you may want to check out Schoox for your business training needs. Plus, it has great mobile features. Schoox helps you keep track of employee training and keeps your team rowing in the same direction.

Cons

Not much in the way of Cons. I really like this software. If your employees aren't tech savvy, or don't have access to a computer, implementation may be more challenging; but this software is most likely to be used in professional settings anyway - so that's not going to be an issue.

Top Schoox Alternatives

Andrew Z.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 03/10/2018

A fantastic new LMS provider.

Schoox is a compilation of the best features available in any LMS available today, plus more thrown into the affordable package just because they are awesome.

Pros

These guys are new, but have blown our expectations away in terms of functionality, compatibility, and checking all of the "must have" boxes and more. Their software supports all file-types, has an online repository, a killer mobile app, and a strong foundation of hierarchies.

Cons

The interface is complicated at time, with several button presses to get to where you need to go. Although they have 'walk-me' embedded on most pages to mitigate that.

Kim S.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 17/06/2018

eLearning Platform

Pros

Great product for social eLearning that allows for smooth delivery of employee training, development, and certification from various social platforms

Cons

Some of the social platforms integrate more easily than others however that is to be expected and would happen with almost any product.

Brie L.

Reviewed on 06/11/2020

Good product for learning and teaching employees!

great, i would say that schoox has been a great addition to our business for helping our employees grow!

Pros

you can have access to a multitude of courses ranging from PDF's to videos and are even able to access quizzes and have certificates printed.

Cons

i cant really say there is anything that i dislike about it. some of the wording on the quizzes can be tough but i believe that is a user errror

Monica C.

Reviewed on 28/03/2019

Schoox

Pros

The software is easy to set up and to maneuver through as an administrator and as a user. The administrative tools allow users to be creative in what they set up. Being able to share training among others in the Schoox community is also a great benefit.

Cons

When integrated with another system, you lose many of the functionality built into the system directly. It also causes confusion with certain set up items, such as the organizational structure admin set up. Also, you need to make sure to set up your courses to include all applicable content as the search functionality is not the best. Ensuring that everything is in one place will alleviate the issue of not being able to locate content.

Andrew R.

Reviewed on 12/06/2016

Easy to get going, great end user experience.

After reviewing a number of LMS solutions (on premise and cloud) we decided to implement Schoox.

Schoox was east to trial ( a few click to get a pilot running), and simple to upload some sample content.

Schoox were very helpful in moving this trial into production.

Pros

No on premise infrastructure required. A great experience through web or mobile. Integrated with our identity management platform (Azure AD).
Well documented API's

Cons

Looking forward to the Azure AD SSO being integrated with the mobile app.

Hudson M.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 14/04/2015

it was ok as far as software goes

it was ok as far as software goes

Pros

ability to use it on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets

Cons

quick way to provide coursework for our users and see what they accomplished

Diego S.

Reviewed on 17/01/2017

Great but it has it's problems

Schoox it's fairly new compared to many of the other systems out there, in fact, many of it's manufacturing practices for it's LMS come from third party partners. This gives it a high level of innovation but at the same time, it allows for too many alpha and beta test situations.

Pros

Lots of innovation and ease of use

Cons

Too new of a product

Gail B.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 18/01/2017

Good system for first time users

The system utilizes a drag and pulls system, so there's no need for an LMS admin which is a huge plus, they do provide access to third party contributors for content. Most of the content however, is geared toward the hospitality industry so unless you are building your own content or have a different content provider you may struggle there a bit. It has a wide variety of usability including social media elements, virtual classrooms, and gamification. All in all, it's a good system.

Pros

Doesn't require an admin.

Cons

Unless you work in hospitality or restaurant the third party content struggles.

Leisa C.
  • Industry: Government Relations

Reviewed on 13/06/2016

Enhances Communication Through Interactive Technology

Schoox provides a wonderful tool that can be utilized in a variety of ways beginning with improving communication, enhancing employee development, and ensuring compliance with its tracking mechanisms and reporting capabilities. It is a product that adds value from the moment it is utilized, and more importantly, creates new value through the efficiency of technology and the capability of bringing teams together with a common development and communication platform.

Pros

Because Schoox utilizes online interaction to keep people connected, there is a benefit to employees as well as leadership. The ability to add content, creating courses applicable to my organization, is an efficient process as well as cost effective. With multiple locations in the US and employees located throughout the world, Schoox allows our employees to communicate and attend online training no matter where they are located. This keeps our teams connected in a way that would otherwise not be possible.

Cons

Keeping track of 'My Schoox' in comparison to my company's academy can sometimes be confusing. I'm confident that as I utilize the online training provided regarding 'how to' use Schoox, this will become easier to navigate.

Sebastian D.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 10/06/2016

Great way to keep the staff's knowledge updated!

This is an excellent tool to keep your staff and clients´ knowledge updated, with video tutorials or a whole course with exams and certifications. In our company, we have develop a series of courses to new recruitment and courses for specific procedures to keep all on the same page. We can keep track ok who attend each course and what grade they earn after having the knowledge.

Pros

Automatize the training for standard knowledge like company introduction or specific procedures you need to teach all the time.

Cons

Is difficult to name cons, but i would said that a couple more reports are needed. Anyway you have a complete API to develop the reports yourself, so no big deal.

John C.

Reviewed on 05/09/2017

Awesome LMS, optimized for the restaurant industry

Pros

Schoox is one of the first systems that utilizes a drag and pull. This makes it easy to move content from your desktop to create courses. They also have a system that measures the KPI to demonstrate how effective your training actually is. Like other systems you can build a quiz internally, they do have a social media element, and a reward system so it's great for millennials and gen z's. I would highly recommend

Cons

Many of their elements are still kinda gimmicky like the KPI metric but regardless it's still cool. You need to look at your needs before you decide if this will work for you.

Shannon L.

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

Amazing software for training

Pros

Schoox has helped our company stay consistent with training. We are able to track training, assign certain things to individuals or a group, etc. It is easy to use and the cost isn't bad at all. I believe there is a free version as well! Adding materials for further training is simple to do. It does not require an administrator.

Cons

Most of the content is for retail/restaurant businesses BUT you are able to use a third party content so it works.

Allison B.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 23/05/2017

Very easy to use

Pros

I thought that schoox was Easy to use and had an Appealing look. Schoox was also Easy to set up and allowed us to add our material quickly.

Cons

I needed free text option that was not available. We require this functionality in order to administer our final knowledge checks.

Christian D.

Reviewed on 26/04/2018

Schoox is a great solution for multisite learning platforms

Great to work with

Pros

The ability to set up multiple groups and brand each groud as needed. The built-in social platform is a great addition. I also like to ability to build the exam on the platform.

Cons

Building the course has a learning curve but once you understand it you will be good. I would like to see the addition and a personalized journal for each learner. Integration with Zoom.

Angel M.

Reviewed on 09/04/2020

Schoox

I love schoox to help myself and my crew to learn their jobs better

Pros

Schoox is a great app for any jobs that want to help their crew to learn their job online.watchong videos and little quizzes

Cons

There is nothing wrong with the schoox application online it think it is great for teaching crew about their jobs

Reviewed on 15/01/2020

Use for my training videos for chilis

I would always recommend this site and use it for learning more for what they offer.

Pros

The fact it is easy to learn how to use and made my training at my new job faster and learned alot more being able to use this site at home or on the go.

Cons

The fact it was hard to download pdf saved on site for my notes it took few days to learn where my saved stuff was located.

• Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 23/06/2020

The best by far!

Schoox has transformed our company's training department. It is great having a system that is very easy to use and cell phone compatible.

Pros

Schoox is a game-changer when it comes to training. It easily integrated with Aloha and HotSchedules making it a must-have for anyone in the F&B, hospitality, or family entertainment industries. I love the many features and new ones that are added all the time. It is intuitive for the end-user and as an administrator, I find the system relatively easy to master. Whenever I do have an issue, the customer support is spot on.

Cons

Very little cons. I wish some of the settings were better defined.

Paylocity and Wisetail LMS

Reasons for Switching to Schoox

It really hit all of the wants on our wishlist for an LMS. The price was great, too!
Henry G.

Reviewed on 20/06/2019

Future Potential, But Painful Present

Our organization is truly attempting to incorporate and adopt a culture of learning. I fear we are in jeopardy of compromising our efforts due to our inability to rely on Schoox to perform effectively. I believe if the technical issues could be resolved, we can still leverage Schoox to achieve our mission. There have been many things that I have found that I love about the Schoox system. I truly would love to have a long term partnership, but the problems are currently outweighing the benefits.

Pros

The user interface is pretty good. Our users love how easy it is to navigate the system. Most tasks are pretty simple to complete. Re-versioning content is a breeze! As long as you have a clear vision for your organization's hierarchy and content layout, you will be able to effectively set up the system.

Cons

Support is very bad! We have had bad experiences with notifications and recently I received a notification that I was terminated from our academy. I also received a notification that a former employee has added me to our academy, but I am still receiving error messages when I attempt to access. I have now been unable to access the system and have had no immediate assistance from any of my support channels. Needless to say, as a super admin in the system and the Training Manager of the organization, not being able to access the system is a MAJOR problem. Although the user interface is very nice, administration tasks are inconsistent at best. I don't like having to depend on the Schoox team to fix and adjust things on the back-end. Quite honestly, I am concerned with the systems integrity and I am not fond of other entities have 'back door' access to our system.

Daniel M.

Reviewed on 30/08/2019

Great software but not for the novice.

Schoox has been great for us overall. We have used it primarily for onboarding new hires up to this point, but we will eventually build out more continuing education modules within the system. It definitely took some time to figure out how to use, but the Schoox staff was great and always available. Our initial training with them was a screen share session followed by many phone calls and emails. Anytime we have a question they will always eagerly provide assistance. The HotSchedules integration was a huge selling point for us and has been great.

Pros

Schoox is full of features and functions like tracking and reporting, but the best thing we liked about Schoox is its complexity and ability to grow with us as our company grows. We can make it as small or big as we want it. It also integrates with HotSchedules which was a huge selling point for us.

Cons

When we decided to formalize our training program, I was tasked with the initial build-out. I am by no means a Learning and Development Manager, so I had a hard time figuring out how to use Schoox. We had played around with Talent LMS and I found it to be much simpler for the novice yet not as customizable as Schoox. The final choice to go with Schoox came from us understanding we needed to hire a L&D Manager eventually who would know how to use it better than me, which we did. Now all is well, but be warned this is not likely a software that can be learned casually by a novice.

Joshua F.

Reviewed on 17/06/2016

We get to say "Yes, we can do that!"

Long story short, we are a large quick-service restaurant chain and were unhappy with our LMS provider and looking for a change. Our old system was archaic, difficult to use, and the reporting wasn't serving our needs. During the search for a new vendor, schooX was the only one that said in their presentation that an LMS should be "elegant" and that really caught our attention because at the time we felt that many providers didn't "get it" that systems should be easy to use for all users.

We've been on schooX for a year now and so far it has been a fantastic system to use. Everything from the technical capabilities to the administrative functions make it a breeze to implement training quickly. From an instructional design perspective it is very easy to push courses out to learners and the built-in assessment engine has allowed us to get away from SCORM which has always been a headache.

Overall the system is also easy to administer and the majority of our questions we receive in tech support are clerical and really have nothing to do with schooX. When we do have an issue though the schooX support team is very responsive and works on resolutions quickly.

Pros

In no particular order:

- Depth of reporting, you can slice and dice information in many different ways directly in the system

- Dynamic 3D reporting structure, we're a large company with a complicated franchise structure and schooX was the only one able to actually replicate our org structure

- Easy to administer from an enterprise perspective. We have about 31,000 users and can support the system with less than 40 hours a week

- Constant development on new features. The schooX developers actively listen to their clients and work to implement features that would make the system better to use.

- Friendly support staff

- Rapid rapid rapid!! creation of courses. As long as you have your content ready to go (be it SCORM, PDF, movie files, PowerPoint presentations, websites, etc.) you can very quickly stitch them into a course with each piece of content serving as a lecture. You can then go into the quizzing engine and create some nice assessments to go along with them.

- The best thing is we get to say to our departments/learners "Yes, we can do that!" when it comes to training. So many times in the past we had to say "No, we can't push training to just this group or have this feature because of X Y Z." With schooX we can find a way to do just about anything.

- Mobile learning is very simple with the schooX app

Cons

Originally when we adopted the system they didn't have all of the enterprise features that we needed such as marking courses complete, merging users, and daily user imports. They have fixed these and continue to implement new features which is good.

Betsy C.

Reviewed on 29/06/2016

Top of the Line LMS Solution

Schoox has exceeded my expectations on all levels. I am able to deliver training to a few or many with ease.

Pros

Form, function and ease of use.

Nik K.

Reviewed on 05/06/2018

SchooX is powerful, but can be difficult to use.

We have the ability to train our team our way on their time.

Pros

I like how easy it is to create tests and the ability to give out awards to top learners. SchooX also connects to HotSchedules nicely, so it's easy for staff to find.

Cons

The biggest thing I dislike about SchooX is the inability to receive notifications when someone completes a course.