authorize.net Reviews

About authorize.net

Authorize.net helps makes it simple to accept electronic and credit card payments in person, online or over the phone. Get solutions that go to work for your business and let you focus on what you love best. Nearly 500,000...

Browse authorize.net Reviews

Sonny Tee Influencer
Sonny Tee Influencer

Reviewed on 21/05/2022

Simple and Easy To Deploy

Overall, after the initial phone calls and emailing documents, its been a pleasure using the service. No headaches and it just sits in the background doing what its supposed to be doing.

Pros

I like the ease of use. and ease of deployment of the service. my main reason for using it is because ITS not all the other providers out there. its a REAL merchant account.

Cons

The actual process to get approved is LONG and kind of a pain because it is a REAL merchant account, they also do a hard pull on your credit, which was less t Han ideal but a pessary evil to get the service.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 18/05/2023

Great support, easy to manage.

Its been a breeze. Every time we have questions, their support staff is ready the help.

Pros

Price, support, API integration, Security settings, customization.

Cons

none. I don't have any cons to report.

Stripe

Reasons for Switching to authorize.net

Our company was already using Authorize.net so the users were already trained.
Micheal

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

authorize.net: An Easy to Deploy Billing Software

Pros

The capabilities of authorize.net are excellent.
authorize.net helps us automate our billing.
authorize.net is the best.

Cons

No dislikes for authorize.net.
authorize.net is the best.

Top authorize.net Alternatives

Jay
Jay

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Holds Funds like PayPal Does - Avoid.

I'm not saying that Authorize.net does not work for everybody. But the digital marketer is in particular I would steer clear because it has the same issues that PayPal exhibits were sometimes a hold your funds for no reason and you have to fight to get them. Youre flagged as high risk

I was a customer with Authorize.net for about three months and I was approved for ACH bank transfers by their credit team. I put two of them through and all of a sudden my bank transfer account was shut down and they didn't tell me why other than my account was deemed high-risk by their bank and no matter what I did it would never be reopened ever. To my knowledge the only thing that makes it high-risk is that I charged about $5k in two days - Which I told the underwriter team was my norm before I signed up. They knew how much money I would be processing each month. They also told me that my business model wasn't elibigile for bank transfers.

My clients couldn't even ask for a refund. All they could do was dispute the charges that were on hold and if they did that it would hurt my account and my credit. To this day they still have about $4400 of my money that I will not get until the end of January if my account is in good standing. Well I shut down the account and moved over to QuickBooks so hopefully I get paid.

Again I'm doing recurring bank transfers with my client so this might not be the case for everybody and this might be great for credit card transactions.

Pros

It was very easy to set up recurring payments and sync with my webmaster.

Cons

- The UI is extremely outdated and looks like it's from the early 2000s.
- Your invoices are not customizable and they look tacky
- Navigating around the menu is not user-friendly as finding where you're trying to go and can be difficult
- Customer support is not the greatest and sometimes I can't help you with your problems or get back to you in a timely matter

QuickBooks Online

I moved to QuickBooks.
Falak
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

Very Convenient payment processing for customers and merchants

Pros

Payment processing is very streamlined as it is very easy for customers and merchants to manage payments and it sync very well with different accounting softwares

Cons

The Payment processing time is very long I think. It takes some time to post the payment, but this sometimes depends on banks as well.

Keith
Keith
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 29/11/2021

Payment Gateway But Not Exactly a Payment Processor

Although I liked the flexibility of a separate CC processor and gateway with Authorize.Net, I ultimately switched to a different provider that could provide full service payment processing and gateway services all together. I may be paying slightly higher processing fees, it is just easier to have it all together in one place.

Pros

At one time Authorize.Net was only one of a handful of payment gateways for small business. They do that well and have a feature-rich customer portal. They are also widely supported by the various eCommerce platforms.

Cons

Be aware that Authorize.Net is not a CC card processor but a payment gateway that can be paired with a CC processor. There are a many one-stop alternatives available today. You might be able to get a better discount rate with a CC processor/Authorize.Net combo, but it is certainly more hassle.

Braintree

Reasons for Switching to authorize.net

I ultimately switched to Braintree for CC processing, PayPal processing, and payment gateway all in one place.
Alexa
  • Industry: Textiles

Reviewed on 14/04/2022

Payment Processor Easy to Use

Pros

Easily connects to backend of websites. Stores credit cards as tokens and is safe and easy

Cons

Hard to find transactions, have to know the last 4 of the credit card and the date the credit card was processed.

PayPal and Stripe

Reasons for Switching to authorize.net

We use all payment options, but Authorize was the easiest to connect to our 3rd party platform.
Carla

Reviewed on 21/04/2024

authorize.net: A Reliable Visa Solution

Pros

This visa solution has been reliable and easy to use.
authorize.net has great capabilities.

Cons

I like all the features of authorize.net.
No dislikes for authorize.net.

Matthew
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 31/03/2024

Triple Seven Jiu Jitsu - Authorize.net

Pros

Ease of use - processes quickly. Functionality.

Cons

Nothing I think it great for my business.

Smriti
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 30/03/2024

Digital Payment Option

Pros

I have used this app for a very limited time but I liked its versatility in terms of payment solutions.

Cons

It was very expensive even for very limited transactions that we use this application.

• Industry: Think Tanks

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

It's been great for our business

Authorize.net has been super simple and straight forward to use. I've been able to cancel a charge that was made in error before it even hit a card. I get full details of who is purchasing and how much. I can look up transactions easily. It's been a great second backup system for us as far as credit card records. It's been very easy to implement on our website and we've been very happy.

Pros

I have loved using Authorize.net. Often I have to go back thru our credit card records to check how much was charged or how much was refunded. It's great to be able to look up via credit card number or names. Customer service has always been excellent whenever I've needed to contact them. I also like that I'm able to run reports of all of our transactions when I'm trying to compartmentalized different amounts and categories. It works well with our registration system.

Cons

I wish that we were able to issue refunds after the 3 month period. I know we can lose some of our security measures to allow our system to automatically refund but we don't want to do that. Instead we take the cc number and manually enter it into a different refund system for those return that are past 3 months. I think the security issue is a mandated issue and there is not much Authorize can do. I do wish the downloads went to a simpler to read excel format but I tend to take the CSV file and do what I need to do to make it work.

Katharine

Reviewed on 21/08/2019

Authorize.net is a good standard for authorization terminals!

It allows for our business to run far more smoothly in contrast with our clunky patron CRM software. It's a solid product to use and while it has it's flaws, is nothing short of consistent. Less frills and smooth than Square but in many ways far more direct and clear.

Pros

- Very easy to use towards transactions, refunds and troubleshooting any and all patron issues within our site.
-Allows to run reports for settled transaction, dispute declined transactions and see where fraudulent purchased might occur.
- Has access to extended actions that allow us to void transactions, go into our accounts linked to the terminal and locate specific details we cannot always locate otherwise.

Cons

-Can be a bit slow with processing requests or locating specific transactions.
-Is temperamental with the variables (i.e. first, last name, zip code, etc.) when running reports. Have to be careful when entering data, must be exact or actions may not always be carried out clearly.
-Running reports will not show transactions within the last business day, setlled or unsettled.
-Processing refunds has a 90 day limit.

Katherine

Reviewed on 06/07/2021

Authorize is a Must for Fundraising

Authorize allows our office to be efficent in collecting payments for our campaigns and track donors. It also is a quick way to look up past payments in the transaction search-- a feature we use weekly!

Pros

Our office can do everything with Authorize.net...track payments, set up recuuring billing, recharge community members. Our favorite feature is how we get an email everytime someone uses the credit card form on our website so we do not have to go into Authroize.net to pull up information.

Cons

Our office would benefit from the last 4 digits of the credit card in the email that is sent to us after someone makes a payment.

allie

Reviewed on 21/10/2019

Decent Merchant Services

As I mentioned above, it integrates well with our website and is easy to do transactions on the app. It's nice not to have to worry about merging systems.

Pros

I like that Authorize.net is easy to integrate into our website and other things that we use to accept money. It makes it seamless when needing to do event registration. They also have a great app you can download and use for transactions which I really like and has been a simple way for us to take money at events. Definitely recommend.

Cons

I haven't found anything with the software I don't like. It seems to be good for our needs and we don't plan to switch anytime.

Reviewed on 21/10/2019

Competent platform, but falling quickly out of date

We have had a successful number of years using authorize.net, and it has made a great alternative to other payment gateways that we've used. However in recent months we've been feeling the limitations of the platform, and so we're now looking at migrating.

Pros

Authorize.net have a great range of features such as subscription, storing customer data, email notifications for payments made. This suite of features is essential for the day to day running of our business. Vastly improved customer support.

Cons

Payments take a long time to clear. The UI of the authorize.net seems very dated and is clunky to use.

Reviewed on 13/03/2019

We've relied on Authorize.Net for over 10 years

We've used Authorize.Net with our website shopping cart for over 10 years. Along with that, we've used the virtual terminal for manually keying phone / mail orders. It is easier to use than PayPal Manager.

Pros

Authorize.Net provides good, helpful API documentation. Its web-based virtual terminal is also easy to use.

Cons

I would give their support a grade of B. Fortunately, it is rarely needed. A few years back, there were some rough patches where the service was down or unreliable for brief periods. We have not had reliability problems for the last few years.

Neda

Reviewed on 25/06/2023

Reliable and up to date service

It has been great for the last few years

Pros

Ease of use and integration and good customer service

Cons

I can only cancel a transaction after 60 days and because we take the deposit months in advance, it can become an issue due to cancellation of our booking

Saily
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 20/05/2017

Authorize.net is a payment gateway which allows our school to run credit card payments securely

1. Secure processing of credit card transactions,
2. Integration with school's website
3. Creation of payment forms in flexible and suitable for a variety of transactions such as events, school store, etc

Pros

Authorize.net integrates well with our school website (managed by Finalsite). We are able to set up forms to collect credit card payments for school events. We also have the ability to collect credit card payments for our school store and sell tickets for Parent Organization events. The process to set up a form is easy to complete and Authorize.net offers flexibility with the design and options to make the form eye appealing. Credit card payments are processed securely. The reporting features offered by Authorize.net are optimal and information about cash receipts can be downloaded to simplify the reconciliation process on a daily basis.

Heather

Reviewed on 01/07/2022

Good processor

Authorize.net helps us with back end transactions that cannot be done in our reservation software.

Pros

I like the authorize.net’s online portal is easy to navigate and find transactions.

Cons

I wish there was a way to do unmatched refunds for older transactions.

Epay Manager
Martin

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

Rock Solid!

We use it every day - customer support is superior - never had any issues.

Pros

This Gateway works extremely well - you can set up recurring charges. The CC expiration date can be automatically updated.

Cons

I'd like to be able to change the next charge date on a Recurring charge. Or I'd like the ability to only do charges on a weekday...so, if the 1st falls on Sat, I'd like the charge to happen on the 3rd.

Mia

Reviewed on 14/07/2022

Authorize.Net helps me to track our income through online bookings. It summarizes each transaction in a trackable way and helps me transfer them over to Quickbooks.

Pros

I don't feel like I use Authorize.Net to its fullest. My primary use falls under the reports, but I appreciate the ease of use.

Cons

The biggest con is probably feeling like I am under utilizing the software.

Laura

Reviewed on 15/10/2018

Fast & Easy Payment Gateway!

We have been using Authorize.net for online payment processing for over 3 years. Simple interface and convenient button for processing refunds. Customer service is helpful and easy to get ahold of.

Pros

Quick & easy Virtual Terminal for payment processing. Links up with virtually any website or API. Simple transaction search & detailed customizable reporting.

Cons

Must pull monthly statements from a separate website.

• Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

Reliable payment processing

We use Authorize.net as payment processor in 3 different applications that we use to accept credit card payments. Their API is compatible with the different software and is reliable without downtime.

Pros

Authorize.net is compatible with all of the different cashiering software that we use. It is reliable and I don't know of any outages or problems processing cards or transactions. It is easy to create an account and get started.

Cons

It can be difficult to understand how to setup and use their API if you are doing your own programing and their admin website is not that easy to use when changing settings on your account. They are often changing their API for increased security but that comes with the inconvenience of reprogramming your API interface.

K.C.

Reviewed on 18/05/2017

Get's the Job Done

Pros

I have used Authorize.Net for about 2 years now and I have rarely ran into any problems. I love the clean format and it's easy to get the job done. I would recommend this product.

Cons

The interface of Authorize.Net hasn't changed in the 2 years I've used the software. So I'd say my only request to improve the software is add some cool new features every once in a while.

Joel
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 05/12/2016

Company Focused Software!

Light University Online has been using Authorize for the last 5 years and we have been very happy with their program and focused on any customization needed for our company.

The integrations that we need, reports, and user-friendly services for sales are perfect for our daily income.

Pros

Integrations for customization needed for our services.

Cons

Archive dates of transactions going back later and import of data from other software.