About NueMD

NueMD offers a suite of cloud-based software and medical billing services for practices of all sizes. NueMD is an integrated practice management, medical billing, electronic health recording and appointment scheduling solution. ...

Browse NueMD Reviews

Kari K.

Reviewed on 31/07/2014

A Medical Software I would highly recommend

I am no computer guru, nor do I aspire to be. That is actually the beauty of NueMD. With the technology constantly changing and updates in the medical industry constantly being made, this is the perfect software in which you don't have to worry about keeping up with those changes. I had to do re-search for a new software program for our surgical assist practice. We wanted something internet based that we did not have to worry about system updates and backup's in addition to the ease of use from anywhere. My concerns were getting our providers set up with the electronic claims submissions in a timely manner so when we moved from one system into the next it would be as seamless as possible. Cost was also a factor. The initial set up fee and monthly fee was in line with it's competitors and sometimes on the lower end. The staff at NueMD helped this set-up process to be fast and manageable. Everything that we needed for our practice was something that we had option of use. Initially we sent out all of our patient statements but realized it was just too time consuming and not cost effective. We were able to adjust our account at a later date to subscribe to this service which was a financially sound decision. I also worried that being internet based that this could be an issue with constant conectivity. There have been very few times that the system has been down in the years that we have been a client and it was back up typically within the hours. I have found this software to be a great asset to our practice. I would highly recommend it to any medical practice that is looking for great quality, great price, ease of use and ample resource options with regards to questions and concerns.

Response from NueMD

Thanks for the review Kari! We love also the manageability of our cloud based software!

Replied 07/08/2014
Pam A.

Reviewed on 04/05/2017

So Happy with NueMD

NueMd has taken the stress out of our claims and payment cycles. Our previous biller was holding claims for 2 weeks before sending them out and then never followed up on the transmissions that didn't go through. We rarely have errors with NueMD and if something gets kicked out by the Clearing House it is easy to identify and correct. We are able to send our claims out in 1 day and receive payments in 3-21 days.

Pros

We brought our billing in-house, and the training and support offered really eased the transition. NueMD made sure we had our accounts set up correctly and walked us through all the steps. I highly encourage purchasing the training if you are nervous about doing this yourself. They provided a workbook and weekly training sessions to make sure we would succeed.

Cons

There are some reports that would be nice features as we are facing QPP. I would love to have a report to print address labels for my patients, and a report that links encounters, dx codes, patient name and our Practice Fusion chart number. We are working with a Qualified Registry and this is something they need to pull data for the quality measures.

Andrea S.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 21/09/2018

solo practicing physician having nothing but headaches with NueMD's nonfunctional EHR,...

There are a lot of bogus reviews to increase the ratings that NueMD is likely putting on the web. Why would an appliance company be using EHR and medical billing software and giving them 5 stars? Buyer beware!!!!

Pros

The only pro is that the billing software is easy to use. If you are only using this software for billing, it is straightforward and the clearing house has sped up claims processing for my practice.

Cons

The salesman gave me misinformation on cost and functionality during the demo so read your contract carefully. Training is minimal and must be scheduled during business hours. Getting support takes 1-2 business days and may require you to schedule an appointment at their convenience. One trainer was not available during an hour I had cancelled patient appointments to train. Employees have a very narrow job duties and can't answer questions about the system outside of their area (example: template, portal, elabs, eprescribing, billing are all separate and trainers only know certain portions of the software) and often do not follow through on problems. The EHR templates have never been corrected after 3 months. The eprescribing and elabs are contracted out to Change Healthcare and after two months of being told I would have elabs with the local hospitals, I was told they "weren't on the list" and I will never have elabs despite paying for a monthly service. It has taken 6 weeks to get a new receptionist the ability to log in for eprescribing. Refills request are continuing to be faxed to me so don't expect to be able to go paperless. If you hire them to do your billing, they will contract this service out to an outside company as well. The portal does not allow for the transfer of any documents, only secure messages. It's functionality is about a decade behind the times. Also, if patients want to pay online you have to sign up for a paypal account and pay the paypal fees. They attempted to sell me on their "seamless" credit card processor and I'm glad I went with someone else since you can't use your office credit card processor with online payments. This is not a user friendly system or company.

Top NueMD Alternatives

Brandi C.

Reviewed on 25/09/2016

Customer service is atrocious

We have used this software since 2013. We purchased the EHR portion over a year ago and were REQUIRED to receive the training that came with it - for an additional cost. The trainer was never aware of what was discussed in previous meetings and to date has never completed the requirements to access e-prescribing or e- lab results. Numerous follow ups and we are told the paperwork was never received. Each time it is resubmitted, 15 months later...still nothing...
In addition, the many issues that arise with billing submission are rarely resolved by customer service. They send back a generic suggestion that is apparent they do not even thoroughly read the email. The building of the EHR is so time consuming and confusing (even after the $500) that we have STILL not had the time to complete the encounters.
We are currently shopping for something with good customer service and pre-built encounters. The amount of money we are sending them monthly to not even have use is a waste.

Pros

data entry for demographics

Cons

the customer support, the EHR encounter building

Response from NueMD

Hello Brandi,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that your experience has fallen below NueMD's standards. We would love an opportunity to make this up to you and will be reaching out to you directly. In the meantime, if you have any other comments or questions please email me at [email protected]

Jen

Replied 26/09/2016
Carey M.

Reviewed on 24/03/2015

NueMD Survey Review

Pros

The steps to add patients, their insurance and then create a ticket is a smooth process. I also like how I can get a report on claims transmitted for proof of timely filing as well as the acceptance/rejections reports.

Cons

Posting manual payments. I wish you could post all in one step instead you have to add a new transaction line for payment, adjustment and patient responsibility if there is one. I would like one line where you enter the allowed amount and the adjustment is automatically taken, a place to enter the payment amount, patient responsibility for copay, coins and deductible.

Nicole B.

Reviewed on 01/11/2017

NueMD overview

Great product! Customer service needs a little more work but overall I would recommend this product.

Pros

This product is very easy to learn and very functional for the day to day office use and practice management.

Cons

Customer service doesn't always respond to tickets that are emailed to them. If they do respond there is never follow up to make sure the issue was totally resolved.

Diana S.

Reviewed on 22/07/2015

Great Software

Pros

My expreience with NueMD was with tech support. I was having issues with java and running the program. When I was told by customer service that tech support was the department to service my issue, tech sipport took over and didn't leave me unattended until the problem was resolved and I even received a call the following day to ake sure all was well!!

Cons

Currentlhy, I am still in the process of using the functions to the fullest. What I am trying to work with is the scheduling piece.

Aimee T.

Reviewed on 03/08/2016

I Like this Product Very Much

Pros

Our sales rep was very thorough in helping us understand the software and it's fees. We had a couple of hiccups at first but he assisted us in fixing them. I like fact that it is cloud based product and I can work from anywhere. I also use Practice Fusion as our EMR, and they work beautifully together. My superbills are easily sent to NueMD and our insurance denials are down to a minimum.

Cons

Sometimes posting payments is a little tedious, but with all the training and our user manual; the job gets done timely.

Response from KM

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Aimee! I’m glad to hear you’ve had such a positive experience with NueMD and look forward to sharing your feedback with Michael.

Replied 08/09/2016
Karen D.

Reviewed on 14/09/2016

Owner of a billing company

they over charge and don't fix their billing mistakes. They lock you into a contract, for a billing service that doesn't work.

Cons

being locked into a contract.

Response from NueMD

Thanks for your feedback, Karen. I'm sorry to hear about about your experience. Please email me at [email protected] and we can set up a call to discuss this futher. I look forward to speaking with you.

Replied 01/12/2017
Mark T.

Reviewed on 25/03/2015

Just what we needed

Pros

NueMD has great customer service and the product does exactly what we want it to. It allows for scheduling and billing provides a wide array of reports we use to pull data for PQRS and other essential activities. We also really like that it is online. This has made it a hassle free system for us.

Cons

The system is not built specifically for PT but it is flexible enough that we can do exactly what we need to do.

Roger U.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 13/10/2017

Great for Medical Billing!!!

Not at the moment!

Pros

Ease of sending medical claims. And receiving the ERA's is a simple posting process. The reports that can be generated are awesome!

Cons

The lag of receiving information and the posting of money. Would like to post the payments as soon as I receive the ERA's.

Lacee J.

Reviewed on 24/02/2014

Easy, Fast, & Simple!

Pros

The best features I personally enjoy from this product are the use of placing older tickets in the collections hold, the copay module, the notes caption (which is great for anything), and the communication with NueMd through email.

Cons

There's really not anything that I would improve on this software. If I had to choose one thing, I guess I would have to say the patients' balances being printed off onto encounters. If the patient has a balance after a certain period of time, it is your job to keep track of what they owe. This is the one thing that makes it a bit time-consuming when you're trying to first figure out a patient's balance.

Diann S.

Reviewed on 16/11/2016

softward user

This is my first experience using an electronic health record system. It is easy to use and the options that we have are working well for us. Our department has learned much about this program in a self taught setting in addition to the initial training. My recommendation to new buyers is to include in your contract one or two follow up training sessions. There are many applications that are useful but at first you're not aware of them and when you do become aware that's the time to have the follow up training session. I personally utilize the "help" button often, but there are times when it's necessary to talk to a live person who is knowledgeable about the usage of the program.

Pros

This product is easy to use especially if you're a first time user.

Cons

could use more training sessions within the first year of the contract

Kami A.

Reviewed on 23/02/2017

Overall Program is great & Support is AMAZING

NueMD is very user-friendly and any time I've had a question or issue it has been addressed right away. The support staff are very attentive and helpful. Overall our experience with NueMD has been great and we'll be using this program for a very long time.

Charles T.

Reviewed on 19/01/2015

Many excellent tools

Pros

It has comprehensive tools and and is easy to use. Once the initial data is entered, subsequent sessions are easy to bill. I only recently realized that I could have been saving myself hours on the phone by entering potential clients' insurance data into the system to get electronic reporting of their insurance coverage.

Support has always been helpful and available, as promised.

Considering the complexity of insurance billing, I'm certain that I would have had major headaches and chaos without a workable system like this one. I have known agencies that had a chaotic billing function, which could have been avoided with NueMD.

Cons

At times, the billing statement function was difficult to access. This was usually resolved with a call to Support.

Tom M.

Reviewed on 19/07/2017

Not much support

Pros

Was a little less expensive, they did send out statements every month as agreed to. They deposited the checks directly into the bank.

Cons

When I quit using them and after 90 days, to get my remaining data to continue to bill for the money they hadn't collected they extorted more money before they would send the disc with my accounts on it so I could have my new billing collect the money they hadn't.

Response from Jennifer

Hello, Tom. Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. The price of a data upload is available in your contract. If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected]

Replied 28/07/2017
Jennifer H.

Reviewed on 06/08/2015

Providers love using NueMD

Pros

The software is easy to use and very functional. I am not great with computers (I'm an old school therapist), but I can use the software without issues. It was easy to learn as well. The quality is very good.

Cons

Sometimes there are "glitches" connecting (but that may just be my internet provider).

Jennifer S.

Reviewed on 09/05/2013

It was easy to learn. The support was great. I would recommend it highly. I had switched from Medisoft (which I would have had to buy a new version with 5010 standards and it was too much) and I was looking to find an Internet based practice management system for my billing company. I wanted an Internet based software system so I could have my father in another state help me with billing. I have a small company with less than 10 providers. I found Nuesoft. I used Nuesoft for 1 year and then I lost a major account due to provider going on medical leave. I could no longer afford it so I had to drop it. If I could have afforded to stay I would have. The customer service was outstanding. Whenever I had a question, I just called and they helped me. I loved the training module and I actually scored high on all the training modules, where Nuesoft was impressed. I thought it was a user-friendly system. It was easy to learn and also the reports were great. I did recommend one of my colleagues to you and she started using you and it still using you today.

Amanda B.

Reviewed on 13/12/2016

Billing Specialist/ BIlling Supervisor view of theNuemd

My experience with NueMD has been an easy and friendly user software. The billing portion of the program is extremely easy to do all the billing in a matter of minutes, also when I call for tech support there's always a live person to speak to and tell them your problems and they explain to you as well help you along the way in navigating the software to better understand it.

Pros

the most I like about this product is that this software NueMD is very friendly user and easy to navigate through. Also, the Tech-Support team is wonderful very helpful and knowledgeable

Elayne W.

Reviewed on 01/08/2014

Thanks for taking unnecessary stress out of my work day!

After working on a "not-too-user-friendly" system at a large, corporate medical entity, NueMD was a vast improvement. I hit the ground running in a one-support-person office without training from the person who had previously held my position, and never looked back. I have to multi-task all day because no matter what else I have to do, the telephone rings constantly. Being able to check patient balances, appointments, and notes in the system one after the other in rapid-fire succession is a tremendous help, given my hundred other duties. My only issue with the program sometimes shutting down when I switch dates if I need to make a correction on a past appointment time or payment. Working on NueMD is one duty that I look forward to every day.

Response from NueMD

Elayne, thanks for the great feedback! Because there are so many different tasks that a single person does on a day-to-day basis we put a lot of focus on having a product that easily transitions from one task to the next. We are happy you enjoy using NueMD everyday!

Replied 08/08/2014
Essam A.

Reviewed on 16/07/2015

ACCES TO IT ONLINE NO MORE SERVERS AND BACKUPS OR DATA LOST.

Pros

ALL IN ONE AND EVERYTHING WE NEED TO WORK FROM ALASKA TO FLORIDA

Cons

NOTHING AND THE SPEED ISSUE IS RESOLVED. OUR INTERNET BECOM E A FIBER OPTIC AND WE UPDATE OUR PC'S TO DELL OPTIPLEX AND PRECISION T5810

Tamya C.

Reviewed on 06/10/2015

NueMD and its multiple uses

Pros

It's multiple uses. We do not use it to schedule patients, we use it to keep track of our marketing, clients, and clinicians.

Cons

When entering company names I run our of character spaces.

Thomas B.

Reviewed on 10/07/2015

Great expectations of NueMD

Pros

Software is very easy to use. The vendor always answers your questions and problems quickly.

Cons

Vendor never a problem. Sometime I have a problem with entering Insurance companies. It has been fixed now.

Melissa A.

Reviewed on 04/05/2018

Product is Good Customer Service BAD

Pros

Product is easy to use navigating is easy. The sales rep was the best part of the entire experience.

Cons

Before you get to the product you have to deal with customer service and training which is the WORSE out of 20yrs billing this is the WORST customer service I have every dealt with. Training is HORRIBLE!! I had a total of 3 training sessions with 3 different people and all 3 said something different on the same topic. I did not know who to listen to.

Response from Jennifer

Hi, Melissa. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I would love to discuss this further. Please send an email to [email protected] and we can set up a phone call. I look forward to speaking with you.

Replied 15/05/2018
Michelle S.

Reviewed on 06/11/2014

The Perfect Medical Practice Software

Pros

I really like the ease of making necessary changes to our scheduling template. I like the patient reminder call log. It makes our Centralized Scheduling department's job so much easier. The billing module is amazing. And the reports are easy to create and understand.

Cons

I wish the program had a time clock module. I also would like to see the process of rescheduling a patient more like the move patient feature, so that we may keep track of the rescheduled appointments easier. Our schedulers are more apt to move the patient because the reschedule functions requires you to re-enter all of the information.