Airtable Reviews

4.7

4.7

About Airtable

Airtable is a cloud-based project management solution targeting small to midsize businesses as well as departments within larger companies. This system focuses primarily on data organization and collaboration. The system uses a...

Browse Airtable Reviews

1,981 of 1,981 reviews
Brendon
Brendon
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 23/03/2024

Very good for projects

Pros

If you have a few projects that you manage by yourself and would want to be very detailed, this would work for you.

Cons

It works as described and nothing cons at the moment.

shivani
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 29/02/2024

Managing projects/tasks with airtable

It has been very useful so far for scheduling and tracking events for later scheduling. However, I spent a lot of time troubleshooting and trying to figure out where the features were and how to best use them.

Pros

The workflow tracking and creating different project workspaces is a great feature. It even comes in handy to create calendars that can be linked to each cell in an airtable view. This allows keeping multiple events at the same location, especially when scheduling events.

Cons

There are a ton of features, and it is a potent tool. However, the ease of use is not great, being lower on the scale for user-friendliness. It is not very intuitive, especially when someone is just starting to play with it. The tutorials become a must to watch when setting up workspaces for the first time.

• Industry: Computer Games

Reviewed on 17/07/2018

Airtable is one to watch in the future

Airtable has very specific uses that would be hard to replicate anywhere else with another piece of software. It has many flaws and drawbacks, but once you accept them (and find ways to circumvent them) it can be quite a handy and interesting piece of software.

Pros

When I first started to use Airtable, I came away deeply frustrated with it's usability. It's sometimes slow, straightly obtuse to use and has many "pending features" that would be extremely helpful for some of the simplest of tasks.

However, there came a time when I had to organise a league table for a tournament over the internet, and all of sudden, Airtable clicked.

What Airtable is good at is creating a database of entries for a specific use, so for example, making an internet registration form where a user can enter data and "register" their interest in a particular thing is so quick and easy to do.

I created an application form which auto stored the data into a highly organised table that I could then use however I wanted (I created a league table from the registered users with ease and shared the results of the league as the scoring progressed) - all via the internet, I don't know of a way that I could have achieved this without AirTable, Google Docs would have been a possible solution, but Airtable allows you to add attachments easily (so images, etc) as well as allowing you to manipulate (And hide) data in any way you can think of using Rollups and Lookups - two of it's most powerful features.

Once you get used to it, Airtable becomes useful, and I can see myself using it again and again when I want to organise a very specific and distributed task on the internet.

Cons

Don't think this is Excel in a different disguise, it's not, it's not as adaptable and not as powerful as Excel. You couldn't use it to track a project or manage a holiday system or anything like that, but creating a full customer list for a newsletter? Yep, easy, that's the kind of thing it DOES do really well.

It could use a few more features on the free tier of the software (the paid tier unlocks "blocks" - which is a strange name for plugins, which allow you to view the data in different visual ways but ultimately it's not as well integrated as it should be and therefore has a limited use)

Another thing is that Airtables mobile interface is woeful compared to it's desktop version, and for some reason you can't access the desktop website via mobile. I have no idea what compelled them to make this decision but it's something they need to address in the future. The mobile layout is next to useless.

Top Airtable Alternatives

Vanessa
  • Industry: Program Development

Reviewed on 04/02/2024

Airtable makes it all better

I have brought Airtable to countless organizations as a consultant and I highly recommend it for its reliability, easy of use, and flexibility.

Pros

Airtable unlocked my ability to create and maintain high quality data, and use it immediately in a variety of other software appliations.

Cons

No downsides to Airtable, however it could use more training on how to design data systems that can be shared when onboarding new colleagues

Aaron

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

Sleek look, customizable and much better than excel/sheets

Pros

It is easier than any other database I have used. Customizable, user-friendly and looks so much more crisp than excel or google sheets.

Cons

I use it daily for our CRM and email tracking. I have ZERO negatives at this point.

Marco

Reviewed on 27/03/2024

Airtable: An Inexpensive Solution for Project Management

Pros

Airtable is an affordable project management solution that has been working well for us.
I like the impressive features of Airtable.
Airtable works so well for us.

Cons

I have zero dislikes for Airtable.
Airtable has effective features.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 26/03/2024

The online Swiss Army knife

Incredibly positive. It does so much. But at times I’m still left suspecting I could set something up even better if I knew more about how to use the platform.

Pros

The functionality is mind blowing. It’s such a powerful system we use for everything from client tracking to pipeline forecasts

Cons

You need a team member to properly dedicate themselves to airtable to understand and unlock the platforms potential. It is not something you can benefit from without the investment

Jacob
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 27/03/2024

Low Code Data Basing's Premier Platform

Airtable is reliable to a certain scale, and is great for busy small team marketers.

Pros

Used Several NoCodedb's, Airtables felt the most professional and robust.

The features are extensive, and yet it doesn't try to do too much. It's layout is simple and easy to navigate, and the different views are great at showcasing data from several perspectives. More intuitive than just a spreadsheet

Cons

It's really pricey, and what it can do is really limited on how much it's worth forking out for an upgrade. This means a lot of use cases that would make sense with the technology don't make sense with the cost.

Also the limits on rows hold this back as a system. It just wasn't made for large data originally.

Saviour

Reviewed on 12/02/2024

Airtable is exactly what you need to start using.

Pros

It is Easy to organise and track information in my own way that i need.

Cons

Slow loading and laggy interaction while i was working with large databases.

• Industry: Computer Games

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

Airtable for Multiple iGames Data

Pros

Customizable View, and multiple view links that can be shared differently depending on who you want to provide the custom view

Cons

none so far, been using Airtable for quite some time now, I would say I'm very much familiar on how to use it

Jonathan
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 15/08/2019

AirTable is an Advanced Form of Excel

My work team uses airtable as opposed to Excel or Google Sheets to keep shared records, and this has been very helpful to us especially in keeping lots of complex information in one place that we can easily sort through. Because it has more features than a traditional excel sheet, like attaching documents or pictures, it is an easier way to keep track of documents than a traditional Cloud Storage system like Dropbox or Google Drive. It also gives us lots of special "blocks" that we can use (but are still exploring) so we can continue to improve our workflow and data spread.

Pros

I love that this works as an Excel document, but you can also do so much more with it - attach documents, check boxes, drop down options, and so many more things. It has great integrations with other platforms, and is easy to set up for various different functions that Excel could never offer. I also love the extra blocks you can use that give you more options for functions, such as creating pivot tables, sending texts, keeping an organizational chart, and even setting a countdown! It makes me want to explore more ways I can use this to help make our workflow better within my work team.

Cons

It does take a little getting used to at first if you are used to excel. It's not quite a replacement for Excel if you are trying to make a traditional sheet with borders, and it also isn't as easy to highlight select cells and copy/paste them in other places like in an Excel sheet. It also doesn't really support traditional Microsoft formatting which is kind of annoying when you try to copy information in. But seeing as how this is a better system for containing information, its pros outweigh the cons and you can easily use Excel and Airtable at the same time to support your various needs.

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

This was a step up from our old method of using a Google sheet to keep information in one place. It hasn't completely replaced Google Docs or Excel, but it has been a great service for us to keep certain records that are harder to keep track of on other less complex platforms.
Udayan
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

Google Sheets/Excel on steriods

Overall experience with Airtable has been amazing, I think it's a brilliant product for cross team collaboration and I love the flexibility you get.

Pros

While there are a lot of things that are great about airtable, these are the ones I love the most:

1. Flexibility to do everything from project management, sprint management, and GTMs.
2. Ease of use: This is like using excel sheets so creating a new task project is basically hit enter and start typing. Obviously, the features are 10 times better on airtable.
3. The different kind of views that I can have is also brilliant, the calendar view, kanban view and my favorite.

Cons

I think the only place this tool lacks is in just pure documentation. While you can write long form content here, it doesn't feel natural or intuitive. I really wish they improve the long form text field with rich content formatting and more.

One more thing which is a pain is the mobile app. Feels like an MVP but the viable is so low. I can't even add comments via the app. Quite sad.

Asana and Notion

Jira

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Flexibility and better cross team collaboration. (Also Asana's free version is a joke.)
alia
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 04/03/2021

Our Content Calendar!

Amazing, I use it everyday. It’s been so helpful!!

Pros

Flexibility! I love being able to have a calendar, kanban, timeline, visual gallery all in one.

We use this for all our content planning and management. We tried so many solutions and this is what finally worked for us.

Cons

It has many features but at times it’s hard to know the best way to build things out, none of the templates for workbases were close enough to build off from.

Wish it was easier to link information within different tabs in bases.

Trello, Later, monday.com, Notion and Hootsuite

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

Asana is great but wasn’t the right fit for us for this use. We still use it for project management just not content. It was easier to have all the visuals and fluid views that airtable did.

Asana

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

It has so many views. It’s not too much of a drain on resources to set up. Very affordable.
Steve

Reviewed on 09/09/2021

Literally Use It For Everything - And LOVE It!

Pros

I own 3 different businesses, an instrument manufacturing business, marketing agency, and automotive wheel repair business - very different I know haha. Airtable is completely vital for every single one AND for all the clients I manage in there as well on top of personal use.

I literally use Airtable for everything from lead management to production management and tracking to home projects. Here are a few key things I love,

1. How easy it is to use. I can create a custom database/spreadsheet/whatever so incredibly fast even on my phone!

2. The capability of Airtable is amazing. The fact that I can use it for a simple to do list with some more advanced ability all the way to tracking inventory for thousands of items, building quotes, tracking where different drum kits are in the production process and what still needs to be done or ordered then creating a purchase order from that all within 1 table - for FREE - is absolutely amazing to me.

3. The referral credits and program is awesome!

4. Collaboration is very easy and I love how you can have a conversation with the team even on each record. it makes creating new advertising campaigns or taking with my team about a specific drum kit etc. so easy.

5. It updates everywhere so fast so I can keep tabs on my different teams in real time and see if they need anything.

I can't say enough good things about Airtable.

Cons

The only con for me is the price. Once you move to paid forms its not expensive at first but once you add team members and add more bases it can get out of hand very fast. I have been able to run everything for free for years but I do wish we could utilize things like their app market or different colors etc. but I just cant justify the price.

Pius
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 24/04/2022

Airtable

I love Airtable. I can't leave it for any other alternative out there, free and whatnot. Our data is easily accessible, trackable and so much easier to manage and manipulate with real-time impact.
Airtable functions smoothly within our workflows, it's easy to manage, and is highly scalable. We love it.

Pros

Automations! Automating workflows is very important for my business because we are very few and manage a huge customer base. This takes a lot off our plates and we can focus more on the tasks we can't automate. Workflows such as weekly digests, where we send a different message to customers in different views, with specific data respective to each group. For us, automation is the real deal!

Cons

I can't really complain about Airtable's shortcomings to be really honest. But I guess that's just me. However, one problem I assume new users face though is the realization that they still need a lot of their Excel and spreadsheet skills here with Airtable formulas. It is not as friendly in that department to inexperienced users. I suppose that could be a con for new users not proficient with Excel sheets or spreadsheets in general.

Adnan
Adnan

Reviewed on 21/06/2022

All-in-one product for marketing & information management

Pros

We use Airtable as almost anything. If you are familiar with Airtable, you know that it can be anything. Just to name a few:

Marketing task management
Document and resource listing
Forms for recruiting or surveys
Content planning
CRM
Documenting any sort of research
Visualising simple data
Expense tracking

Cons

Airtable's some of the premium features are not very clear. So sometimes you have to stuck in some free features without knowing that you are already over capacity. However, using this product with free option for about 2-3 years in 2 different company so far. It's great! I also use Airtable for personal stuff like school applications, job hunting, and document/resource listing.

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Airtable

Excel is useless for task or project management.

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Airtable is great with free option.
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 23/10/2022

The Backbone Of Our Inventory And Recurring IT Expense Tracking

The problem of tracking our computer assets and which user is using the device has been solved. We change hands for our devices very frequently so this has helped us to easily change an assigned user for a device at a moment's notice. Also we are able to improve on our inventory being able to easily capture serial numbers by scanning hardware and taking photos to correctly identify devices.

Pros

The flexibility to add data from multiple devices and also multiple persons at the the same time.We used AirTable mainly for our Inventory tracking which is very dynamic as most of our assets change hands frequently so we can easily update who is assigned what device and for our recurring IT expenses we are able to easily track every recurring expense and see at any time the total expense for the month.

Cons

We have been using Airtable for over two years and to date we do not have any feature missing. Our experience has been very favorable.

Angelo
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 15/01/2023

Powerful and Flexible Database Management with Airtable

Overall, Airtable is an incredibly powerful and flexible database management tool that makes it easy to capture, organize, and access data. Its intuitive interface and powerful features make it easy to customize my database to fit my needs. While it can be expensive and overwhelming for some users, its learning curve is manageable.

Pros

Airtable is an extremely powerful and flexible database management tool that allows me to quickly capture, organize, and access data across multiple platforms. Its intuitive interface makes it easy to set up and manage my database, and its powerful features allow me to customize my database to fit my needs.

Cons

Despite its powerful capabilities, Airtable does have some drawbacks. Its pricing structure can be confusing and expensive for some users, and its customization options can be overwhelming. Additionally, some users may find its learning curve to be steep.

Duncan
Duncan

Reviewed on 26/11/2023

Must-Have Blend of Spreadsheet and Database

Airtable is fantastic. I've made it a part of basically every publication and content hygiene process we have, and have recommended it to all our clients. If you work in marketing, this tool should definitely be at the top of your software stack.

Pros

Airtable has been a genuinely game-changing piece of software for my business. I can't think of another tool that makes managing the content lifecycle so effortless. The way you can organise bases, set up automations, and easily manage everything from social media to email campaigns to content assets is exceptional, to the point where I've made it an integral part of our content processes with clients.

Cons

Overall, Airtable is an excellent tool. If I was being picky, the two negatives that have stood out to me are the pricing (it gets quite expensive if you have multiple users working in a base) and the fact that it's not great at certain types of data management due to the way records work. You can't necessarily replicate everything you can do in Excel/Sheets here; it's much better as a way to track and manage assets than as a mathematical tool.

Ibrahim
Ibrahim
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

Best Database for a Non-Coder

I love Airtable because I am able to build simple but useful custom programs and databases while knowing basically zero code. Although there are really key features that stop Airtable just short of perfect, it is still leagues better than a normal spreadsheet for sure.

Pros

Airtable has the power and functionality of a database but is as easy to use as a spreadsheet! As someone who sells software (saas), Airtable allowed me to essentially create programs for my clients even though I do not code. Airtable sets the new gold standard for what a spreadsheet should be able to do. i cannot go back to a normal spreadsheet now.

Cons

There are a few critical features you'll run into that stop this software from being perfect unfortunately. It's a shame too because they seem very obviously needed and demanded; things like having storage space increase option past premium plan limit, writing formula across cells from multiple tables instead of just the same table, etc. I have hope these things will be part of the development roadmap soon though.

Reasons for Switching to Airtable

Airtable is a database, not just a spreadsheet. It allows me to build more complex programs complete with automations, integrations, & an API. A normal spreadsheet just can't match that.
Ing Siang
Ing Siang
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

Early User and a Returning Addict

Overall I am a super fan of Airtable - first discovered, fell in love, and told everyone I knew about Airtable 3-4 years ago, IIRC when they first appear on Product Hunt. Build a whole bunch of bases to manage my person life (book list, financial trackers, a large inter-linked base to track 3D printing activities for a local maker space etc.). Stopped using it for awhile because I was focusing on my day job for a few years, before coming back to do side projects and businesses.

Ended up build a tracker for my subscription business, with automated renewal and receipt email generation via Zapier. Airtable is not perfect but it made a non-coder me into someone who can create a solution that’s “almost there”. I always tell people - Airtable can’t do everything (like a fully customized software) but 80% of your need can be satisfied by Airtable with 20% of effort, broadly speaking.

I also love their Customer Services - while it is no longer the Airtable 2-3 years ago where I just chat using the chat tool (Intercom or..?) and ask UX related questions as they come to me (simple questions, not too different from asking a coworker in your office) and even caught the CEO Howie Lou a few times; it is still a very well supported software/ company where the CS team actually know the system really well and does’t just shove canned responses in your face.

Overall, lots of love for Airtable!

Pros

Ease of use, basically a database without the complexity of being one. No more managing of tabulated data via spreadsheet or simple table in word processing software. I also like the fact that I can do data entry in expanded and table views (I have a base called “Ideas”, where each column correspond to an area of interest in idea generation, e.g. Problem, Market, Competition, Elevator Pitch etc. - which the preferred data entry method is in the Expanded Jew; where as for base such as my “Bank Transactions Tracker”, the table field is better.

I also like how they aren’t just focusing on being American (yay to company that bother to cater to ALL date format under the sky) although for some other colum type they haven’t got down to it yet (telephone number etc.).

Personally I am a big fan of the Pro feature Blocks, which I used to create performace dashboards for my freelance subscription business. The Blocks feature is the only reason I opt to pay, although I am paying mostly out of my credits accumulated during the earlier days of Airtable.

Also like the community that’s building on top of it, forum is very active and lots of power users to learn from.

Combine with with other IaaS tool such as Zapier and you get a really powerful tool.

Cons

Insufficient control (can be easy to make mistake such as accidental typing etc.), lack of data validation (upon data entry), and interface could use more customization (e.g. lots of empty/white spaces in Card views, can’t have multiple lines in field header etc.).

Lindsey
Lindsey
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

Professional Services Company use Airtable for "Smarketing" (Smart Marketing)

Our Marketing Team decided to move our overall planning from Excel to Airtable in early 2020. Our main issue with Excel was that it made collaboration difficult and clumsy. We wanted a solution that provided an easy way for our team to plan both our Marketing Calendar as a whole and individual events. Airtable has streamlined both. For our overall Marketing Calendar, Airtable has provided a solution that shows us all our upcoming events, projects, publications, etc. in an easy to visualize calendar. Our team members can add and move events as they are added and expand the records to include more detailed information. We can easily see what each team member is working on and when their projects are due. For our events, Airtable created a single source of truth for speakers, attendees, parties, etc. The ability to store documents such as contracts, PowerPoint documents, etc. within Airtable means that no one is searching their email for related documents. Airtable has saved us both time and effort and made collaboration a breeze.

Pros

Airtable has made our Marketing planning efforts smarter. We love how easy it is to collaborate using this software. Each member of our team is able to easily add, update and expand on events and content they are working and everyone has a view of the team's goals as a whole. We also love now expanding and linking records gives us the ability to dive deeper into any one event / piece of content and learn more about the status. Finally, we love how easy it is to report on our activities from a bird's eye view or on a deeper level by exporting any of our tables and sharing with our executive team.

Cons

The only con of this software is that we had a bit of learning curve when we got started. We had a few customizations on our old Excel model that we lacked, but we've since been able to get all our functionality back and more. We also struggled a bit with linking records and getting our tables to sort in a way that made the most since for us. Again, we've since solved all these issues and don't miss our old Excel model at all!

Mathias
Mathias

Reviewed on 09/10/2017

Helped us understand complex projects

I can now build the tool I need. And since my (and my teams) needs changes with time I can modify my Airtable bases to match that.

When you build your own tool with Airtable you will need to ask good questions about your need and goals and if you're in a team this can start a very good conversation.

It's much easier for me now to get not lost track of a big and complex project because I can split it into smaller parts that more understandable.

With features like formula and roll-up, I can setup my base to quickly show me some important information. Like how many urgent task within an acitivity.

Pros

The fact that you can build the tool you need and that in that process the conversation your team will have is very valuable. Airtable is not an out-of-the-box just but more like Lego bricks and the (almost) only your own imaging that set the boundaries. So you need to ask the right questions about what is it you want to do and know? Which information do you need and what do you want to be able to do with it. When you ask that questions in a team you will have a great conversation about goals, ways of working, differences in need etc.

Airtable provides you with a variety of tools to make this happen but you need to take the time to build your tool. If you don't and "just" use it as a spreadsheet you won't use the real potential of it.

We have used Airtable to keep track of a complex website, booking a video equipment, project, ideas, teachers projects and more. One of the most powerful things about Airtable is that you can create different views and then create different processes.
An example is that we have a table with activities for teaching that we publish on our website. We needed a process for reviewing text for errors, a process for reviewing which activities we should share and not share, a process for which activities we had cases for etc. Doing that in Trello would mean multiple boards. in Airtable we could just create a new view with the same records.

Cons

I will say that hardest part about Airtable is understanding the logic behind it and that it is something else than a spreadsheet. I took me some time, and it has been hard explaining it to my colleagues.

karan

Reviewed on 17/12/2022

Powerful Collaboration tool, I just love it

I have had a positive experience with Airtable so far. I have been using it for a few months now and have found it to be a great tool for organizing and managing data. It is easy to use and understand and allows me to quickly and easily create and update databases. I also appreciate the ability to customize tables and views to fit my needs. The customer service has been helpful and responsive when I have had questions or issues. Overall, I am very satisfied with Airtable.

Pros

1. Easy to Use: Airtable is a user-friendly software that is designed to make it easy to create and manage databases. It has a drag and drop interface that allows users to quickly create tables, add fields, and enter data. 2. Flexible: Airtable offers a wide range of features that can be used to customize and manage databases. It is also compatible with a variety of platforms, including web, mobile, and desktop. 3. Collaboration: Airtable makes it easy to collaborate with others on projects. It allows users to share tables, collaborates in real time, assign tasks, and manage projects. 4. Security: Airtable has a variety of security measures in place to keep data safe. It offers encryption, two-factor authentication, and other tools to ensure that data is secure. 5. Integrations: Airtable can be integrated with a variety of third-party applications, such as Google Sheets, Slack, and Zapier. This makes it easy to extend the functionality of Airtable and automate processes.

Cons

1. Limited customization options - Airtable does not offer as much customization as some other platforms.2. Limited features - Airtable does not offer features such as reporting, advanced analytics, and workflow automation.3. Limited mobile support - Airtable does not offer a mobile version of its interface.4. Limited scalability - Airtable is limited in its ability to scale, as it can only handle a certain number of records and fields.5. High cost - Airtable is one of the more expensive options for database software.

Patrick M
Patrick M
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 10/05/2023

Powerful software to organize our workflow and manage projects and tasks.

We can keep all of the information from many platforms together and constantly up to date, which cuts down on the time it takes to search Google or Outlook because it's already in Airtable. He has been an amazing performer in my field of work in tracking our workflow, allowing us to handle project information more efficiently and construct easy programs for our clients and ourselves without coding, nothing complicated. We can configure access levels for different users and build custom views in Airtable, which has helped us keep track of our equipment, calibrations, supporting papers, and manuals.

Pros

The capacity you have got to speed up work and open potential with effective apps that interface your information, workflows and groups, makes collaboration more effective and makes a difference keep a great record of all exercises performed during work . What I just like the most around Airtable is its client interface since it takes after that of a spreadsheet; it has made it simpler to get it, I like its effortlessness and the wide assortment of apparatuses it offers; permits you to effortlessly make basic programs and custom databases in minutes without coding. It's a awesome out-of-the-box arrangement for those looking to upgrade from Exceed expectations and Google Docs, my company was seeking out for a stage to store and oversee numerous of our information sets and workflows.

Cons

Some tools or settings are still in the Beta phase, which might cause some confusion; although being straightforward and simple to use, some features impose a tiny learning curve, and the mobile application interface is not that simple. We began utilizing Airtable for a single solution but it was incredibly expensive; as we worked out how to utilize it for many more applications, the expense became justified.