About TimeCamp

TimeCamp is a 100% free time tracker for teams. Unlimited users for $0. TimeCamp is a cloud-based time tracking solution that enables project managers to collaborate, track billable work hours and monitor project status. This...

Browse TimeCamp Reviews

Ryan

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

I hate tracking time but for the invoices I must

Other than the blips at times, I like Timecamp. It works and because I can go back and edit recorded times makes the world of difference.

Pros

I've been using Timecamp as an extension to Trello and it's made life so much easier. I can track time on a project at the click of a button and stop that timer in the very same way.

Cons

On Trello I sometimes click stop and think it stopped but then it did not. Like all softwares there's a part of it that doesn't always function because of a weird blip.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 24/07/2019

Great tool for time tracking your projects

We have trying to manage better out time spent in projects and understanding which activities are causing delays or need improvement in order for the team to be more efficient. With TimeCamp we are capable to understand exactly which part of the project require more time so we can find a solution and also the saturation of the team so we can distribute workload in a fair basis.

Pros

I fist tried the trial version of this program which is long enough (30 days) and offers a very good overview of all the features of the tool and how much they can be useful (even when you have not consider them before!). Other similar tools are very restrictive with their features during this period.
TimeCamp allows you to track the time spent on a project by an employee. It allows you to have multiple seats with different permissions and create multiple projects that can be divided in tasks. It is also possible to allocate just some of the team members to a project . It is not only possible to track projects but idle time and attendance.
Reports are are very complete and have many options to filter and present the data you need. The Dashboard allows you to be updated very fast
The tool is very user friendly and can be set up just in a few minutes.

Cons

I have tried the Desktop time tracker, which is a nice idea but you are not able to do many things from the widget so you will often have to come back to the website. It would be nice to have the possibility to switch projects or creates new ones directly from there.

Timesheets.com and Toggl Track

Reasons for Choosing TimeCamp

I made the switch from a similar product because TimeCamp is much more customizable and user friendly

Toggl Track
Shana

Reviewed on 26/08/2020

Company has disreputable billing practices

Well it was great until the billing issue noted above. Now I feel like they are disreputable.

Pros

Our staff like the ease of use of the product for time tracking.

Cons

Billing practices. Apparently they do not offer refunds. In the beginning we were paying monthly, but switched to annual billing. We realized when renewal came around that 1/2 our users were no longer using the software so we cancelled those users. However, when I contacted the company about a refund, they said they would hold the credit toward future subscriptions (but we are moving away from Timecamp so this is not helpful), but they do not offer refunds. So in other words, they are taking our money for something we aren't using. If we had stuck with monthly billing, this would not have been a problem. So word of warning - stick with monthly billing so you can cancel and avoid the issue we had.

Top TimeCamp Alternatives

Rafik
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 28/10/2022

Architectural Office

Excellent

Pros

Easy to use, simple and does the job.I also like the widget that allows me to chose the task or switch from task to task.

Cons

It might be useful if the program has the ability to attached the value for hours for billing & productivity purposes.

Thierry
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Reviewed on 25/06/2020

Great, discrete app, which I use to assess my profitability and time spent on specific tasks

I personally like my apps for not getting in the way, which TimeCamp does perfectly. I created tasks organized in projects (areas) in order to assess my profitability on specific projects for my clients (but not invoiced based on time) to deduce an hourly rate, and to check time spent on other specific tasks such as accountancy, mails, etc. For not being a paid user, I need to compile collected data by hand, but I see the subscription plan lets you personalize the output, and communicates with 3rd party tools/apps which is great for integration with your workflow.

Pros

I doesn't pop up windows, its icon simply sits in the taskbar, it's very easy to use yet quite complete, it's web-based interface is also nice to use.

Cons

Feature requests, even simple ones, are slow to implement. The GitHub canal doesn't seem quite lively.

Álvaro
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 22/08/2020

Excellent Time Tracker

I am now able to see where I spend my time and what my working hours are worth.

Pros

The time tracker, the feature I'm using the most to measure my time and budget, works like a charm. Once you've set up the keywords, you don't need to worry about anything else.

Cons

Setting up the automatic time tracking might take a bit of time to get it right, but totally worth it.

Valerian
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 25/06/2020

Excellent time-tracker & budgeting

Overall, very easy to get started and use yet packed with powerful advanced features. If you want time AND budget tracking then use TimeCamp.

Pros

I use TimeCamp with Trello and it helps tremendously to keep my project on time and under budget. Seeing how long tasks are taking allows constant evaluation and improvement. But, the real differentiator for TimeCamp is budgeting. I used to track project funds on spreadsheets then switch back and forth between another time tracker. TimeCamp allows me to keep everything elegantly in one place. Time is money! Track them both in TimeCamp.

Cons

Some of the advanced features need better tutorials…videos are old and knowledge base is dated. Feature requests for Trello integration: estimate card time before starting timer, show running elapsed time on card while in board view.

Reviewed on 25/09/2020

A great way to track hours for billing or for tracking time on projects

A great tool for tracking billable hours. Very easy to use, you can set up multiple projects and easily time tracking time for any one of them. You can edit the start and end times.. and enter time manually as well.

Pros

It's super easy to use, very intuitive and flexible. I started tracking my hours in just a minute of opening the app for the first time. The report feature is great... I was able to set it up for a very unusual pay period (semi-monthly).

Cons

The only thing I would improve is the color scheme. Maybe allow custom colors for different project. Sometimes, after tracking a while on a project - it hangs up (in the mobile app)... not allowing me to "stop" the timer. I have to shut it down and reopen it to stop it.

Yuni
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 15/01/2023

Cheapest and useful reminder app

Cheap but difficult to use because no template

Pros

This application cheapest than another application

Cons

Please bring this application easier to use

jose

Reviewed on 16/01/2023

timecamp

Pros

easy to use, i like that you can add any task to track it

Cons

i think that the developers must use a charts for free version.

Justin

Reviewed on 18/08/2016

Great product, still a few kinks, but improving daily

TimeCamp is very good software and I find the window title tracking as a good tradeoff for tracking everything I and my employees do without getting too invasive. It is especially useful since much of the work I do is hourly under contract, so if I switch tasks and forget to change my tracker, I can always adjust and reconstruct later based on window tracking.

They offer many useful integrations with software use including Google Calendar, JIRA, Trello, Zendesk and more.

There are still a few kinks in their platform, but they are working hard to improve it and are very helpful and accommodating when I've pointed out bugs. They even spent a bunch of manual programming time to import 3 years of historical records for me.

I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a time tracking product, especially one for remote teams who bill hourly.

Pros

It is very easy to use and allows me to calculate timesheets after the fact based on computer usage. The integrations to multiple systems allow me to bill against specific external tasks or tickets which makes invoicing a breeze. I especially like their shared reports feature as I can just email my clients a link with their invoice and they can inspect timesheets, without having to copy them to Excel or give them access to the platform.

Cons

Their software is still buggy in places. Their Linux client is a joke and their mobile app could be more functional. There are also some small bugs in their web frontend. For example, the page refreshes after you add a time entry or randomly while selecting computer activities. They've also had a bit of downtime.

With all that said, they are a small company and are very accommodating. They've assured me they've recently hired new developers and I've already seen it in the quality of their program.

Response from TimeCamp

Hello Justin,
Thank you so much for the review and your kind words!
We're still doing our best to improve TimeCamp and make it easier and even more intuitive for our users. That's why we're happy to know that you utilize lots of its features and they help you manage time in a better way. About the cons - they are really serious, so thank you for mentioning them. We're working on something special, so please be patient - this will be an amazing change!

Replied 30/08/2016
Julie

Reviewed on 27/10/2016

Finally! Time tracking that works as hard as I do

While I'm working as a freelancer at the moment, I ran a creative agency for many years and managed multiple teams of both internal and remote employees. It was impossible to get an accurate view of how we were spending our time. As a result, our proposal process was always a bit off, billing was inconsistent, and forecasting was a nightmare. We tried most of the online and networked solutions, but they relied too heavily on the individuals manually entering their activity, correctly assigning work to clients and projects according to the structure we set up, and simply starting/stopping the tool.

TimeCamp solves all of these problems with multiple layers of granularity and control, but it's still flexible! For the individuals who are already good at tracking their time, you can dial it down to accommodate their style. For those who need some extra help, the system can be fully automated to capture everything they do and even assign it to the right account based upon their activity and keywords. The thing I like most is the productivity reporting! I'm a pretty 'seasoned' professional, but it showed me A LOT about how I was using my time and where I get bogged down. Now I've started fixing the problems and improving my numbers. It's actually become a kind of fun game for me!

On ease of use, I gave it 4 stars rather than 5 because it is a little labor intensive to get things set up. If there are wrinkles in your timekeeping processes, you'll definitely find them. But once you get the hang of it (it doesn't take long!), the system is kind of amazing. In terms of day-to-day use, there's really nothing easier.

Pros

So flexible: From manual to fully automated, you can decide how to capture time and details.

Cons

A bit tricky and time-consuming in the setup stage, but well worth the effort.

Response from TimeCamp

Hello Julie,
Thank you so much for this exhaustive review and high rating! We're pleased to know that you decided to track time and increase your team's productivity with TimeCamp after trying many other solutions! We're still trying to make our tool even more efficient and comprehensive because we believe that time tracking is the key to success when it comes to employee time management.
The reporting feature is special, because based on the reports we know how productive we exactly are. That's why they are such detailed.
Wishing you lots of other profitable projects tracked with our tool!

Replied 08/11/2016
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 23/06/2020

Effective & useful

I began using TimeCamp when I transitioned into a new role that involved supporting multiple teams. I had no way to predict if my time would be apportioned correctly (30% here, 25% or 10% there). TimeCamp made it possible to collect that data, report my progress to my leaders, and make informed decisions about which upcoming projects I can accept. For example, as a project that took 20% of my time wraps up, I can predict my availability and accept new work accordingly. It has also helped me report on my development goals and plan for the future by reviewing which months have offered the most flexibility for time investment in development opportunities.
Over the last several months as I have been working from home and supporting my teams through the multiple global crises facing us, TimeCamp has provided the data that's allowed me to be confident in my decisions about my working hours and my time away from my desk. It's been tremendously valuable, easy to use, and my experience with their customer support was excellent.

Pros

I partner with several different teams in my role. Using TimeCamp has helped me keep track of the time I devote to different projects, which has made it possible for me to report on my work output and plan for future projects. It is easy to build the tasks and subtasks that reflect my line-up of projects, switch between tasks, and add or adjust time entries if I've forgotten to switch tasks during a busy day.

Cons

Deactivating a completed project would be helpful so there would continue to be a record of the work but the project no longer shows up in your active task list. As a simple workaround, I created a task called "completed projects" and add all finished projects there to minimize their appearance on my active list.

Jesus

Reviewed on 06/03/2018

An essential application, for you as well as for your business

The benefits are many, both personally and at a business level, since as for me personally it helps me to carry out an accurate calculation of my time and in which I invest it, helping me to better organize my productive and business hours is very important that allows you to precisely calculate the time per task to know in how much time your team resolves each task and the response time that you can offer to a client.

Pros

It is a powerful application that allows you to monitor the time spent on each task you perform during the day, you can use it whether you are the only one in your company or if you have a team at your command, it allows you to see the time invested per task, per project , in a web page or a document, giving the ability to manage the time of employees, know exactly how long each one takes a task, you can know what is your best resource and which takes a little longer, you can know with accuracy the time of a specific task to offer an optimal service to your clients, really an application that can not be missing in your company.

Cons

the disadvantage is the personal effect that each employee has, since they do not like the idea that they are being observed or monitored until this point, they must touch the issue with the team that it is for the good of the business and it is not for negative reasons.

Response from TimeCamp

Hello Jesus,
Thank you so much for kind words and high rating!

Happy to see you found our tool useful for your business.

Best,

Replied 26/04/2018
Luka

Reviewed on 12/09/2016

the best time/project tracking program I used so far - with a few UX glitches.

I haven't tried paid version - kind of expensive for eastern Europe.

Really like the app, but I find it really confusing and hard to attach unknown activities to labeled tasks.

Also I somehow don't know how the automatic task detection works, since I am afraid to try it. If it will be wrong, I don't have time to correct it's mistakes. Maybe you should add a parallel track, so users can compare to automatic detection versus their log (I also do mistakes in logging - forgot to switch tasks, etc).
Actually - the best feature would be that it reminds me that I forgot to switch the tasks when it finds discrepancy. You should give me credits for 2 really good ideas;)

Pros

Omnipresence, works from all computers and does it's job well - how many hours I worked on what.

Cons

- Coplicated to assign non-labeled chunks of time to specific tasks
- I forget to switch tasks sometimes
- cost of trying auto detection too high. If it does it wrong, I don't have time to fix it

Response from TimeCamp

Hello Luka,
Thanks for your rate and review. Great that you've mentioned the features which are missing according to your needs. We'll think about them definitely, because hearing what our users expect from the tool is the first think that define the changes.
Please stay tuned - we're now turning into something special!

Michel

Reviewed on 14/09/2016

Great Time Management Tool

We have been using Timecamp for a number of years. We wattched the product grow while our own company was growing. Time is a critical component of our service. With almost 40 employees in my organization, it is critical to have accurate time tracking for our projects. Timecamp has been an important tool in our workflow.

Pros

- Time Reporting is very detailed
- Available across multiple platforms
- Ability to track offline time and Non Productive time

Cons

No cons, but i would to see more functionality in the following areas:
- Need option to group projects by accounts
- Need option to define Non Billable projects/accounts/tasks, and report on them
- Need ability to enter manually offline time/approve it and show it in reports.
- More APIs and integrations

Response from TimeCamp

Hello Michel,
Thank you so much for reviewing TimeCamp. I'm pleased to see that our software is a significant part of your company and you've stayed with is for that long time. We're thankful for all the improvements you've mentioned - we'll try to develop them in the near future, because the tool is turning into a something special soon.

Replied 16/09/2016
Gijs

Reviewed on 12/09/2016

Lots of features that help you to get track of your team's time tracking

We are using TimeCamp since 2013 and have an integration with Podio. All clients, projects, workorders etc. are being entered in Podio. This data is being synced to TimeCamp so clients or projects can be chosen in TimeCamp to track time on.

Time entries are then being synced back to podio. Depending on your settings in the integration, they get synced to an extra app or to the single items in Podio. So, you can then track, measure and calculate with the time tracking entries from TimeCamp. No need to use any other software as TimeCamp and Podio.

Pros

Flexibility and lots of integrations with different tools.
Good value for money.

Cons

Integration is sometimes a bit slow. We have had a few issues in the past but most of the time, this service is working great.

Response from TimeCamp

Hello Gijs,
Thank you so much for the review and high rate! We're pleased that you've decided to track time for your company with TimeCamp - promise we'll do our best to never let you down. It's great that you've found Podio integration useful and easy to use.
Thank you so much for being with us!

Mehmudjan

Reviewed on 01/09/2016

I love this app.

Everything else is great, but invoice creation is kinda limited,
can't have a template specific to a clients, so have to do same thing over and over each time when creating the invoice, things like currency , vat rate and hourly rate, can be part of the invoice template which saves users tons of time.
And desktop app, is kinda scary, it basically listens to all the computer and browser activity, it would be best to have a switch to turn it off, and only track the tasks that are created;
Browser plugin is good, but recently it was asking for permission to browser history and activity, which kinda forced me to uninstall it, it might work for Enterprise employees/laptops, but personally I don't want to be watched.

Response from TimeCamp

Hello Mehmudjan,
Thank you so much for the review!
We're really happy that you were with us and TimeCamp worked for you nicely! The desktop app, especially the automatic time tracking was invented to help users save more time by switching to task associated with particular keyword - that's why it might look like this.
Hope you will come back to us soon,

Replied 05/09/2016
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Reviewed on 09/05/2018

Easy and Awesome

I work on many different projects with different cost codes. This allows me to keep track with very little effort. At the end of the week, I run a report in TimeCamp and fill out my timesheet. I've recommended it to all of my co-workers.

Pros

It stops tracking when you stop working. Automatically pauses the timer when you're away from your computer and asks you what you were doing when you come back. The menu in the top bar of my desktop makes it easy to see which task you're on and switch to another task quickly. I only ever go to the website to run reports for my timesheet.

Cons

There have been a few times when it either didn't launch or quit silently and I didn't notice until I needed to switch tasks. Then I had to log in to the website and back-filled my time from memory. Doesn't happen often and I'm not sure what caused it.

Response from TimeCamp

Dear TimeCamp user,
Thank you so much for reviewing our app and high rating! Happy to hear that you found TimeCamp useful for your projects and sorry for all the bugs.
All the best,

Replied 11/06/2018
Ovidiu

Reviewed on 05/04/2018

TimeCamp is a good timekeeping tool. We have used it for 1 year and we loved it.

We used it for our small organisation to keep track of hours worked by consultants and some employees. It helped us a lot with our payrolls.

Pros

Timecamp is simple, has a user friendly interface and will be an easy thing to implement for your staff or consultants. Reports can be drawn out of the timesheets they complete and they are clear an concise.

Cons

Like with most online tools nowadays - customer support is a mysterious and evasive creature. Looking through their website for support is a real ordeal and it is clear they want to people to search for someone to speak to for so long that they just give up.
Their instant messaging support is as mediocre as any out there, with little to no actions being taken by the customer support person, and with replies waiting times of up to 10 minutes.
Managing different payrolls can be difficult and requires extra admin work from your side.

Response from TimeCamp

Dear Ovidiu,
Thank you so much for reviewing TimeCamp and happy you found our tool useful! Unfortunately, our support team is so busy answering every ticket, but sorry you had to wait so long for the reply.
Warmest regards,

Replied 02/05/2018
Perry

Reviewed on 08/12/2016

Best Time Management Software, Period!

I have use several time management tools, and one thing most of them had in common was the amount of time it took to submit times. This wastes time and money. TimeCamp allows you to enter time on the fly. It's very easy to use and the reporting capability is easy and intuitive. I highly recommend using this software for both small and large teams, projects, and companies. Your employees will thank you and you will be glad you switched!

Pros

The easy of use and the tiny amount of time it takes to make entries.

Cons

Only complaint I have is that occasionally the time will shift incorrectly when making an edit while the timer is active.

Response from TimeCamp

Hi, Perry!
Thank you so much for reviewing TimeCamp! Happy to see that you've found our tool easy to use and intuitive.
We're grateful for your suggestions as well - we'll consider adding these features to the new TimeCamp version.
Wishing you lots of wonderful projects tracked with the software!

Replied 27/02/2017
Ben

Good Consulting Tool

I've been using TimeCamp to help with timesheets as part of my role at a large environmental consulting firm. I can often have twenty to thirty projects on the go at any time, and need to balance accurately billing time associated with each project to the right project numbers / references, and minimizing the time spent populating my timesheet. TimeCamp makes a good tool to reference what you were working over the course of a day, particularly when its used with your calendar (outlook, iphone etc) and your emails.

Pros

Very easy to use, records filenames to make it easier to pick up on what you were engaged with, integrates with Teamwork if needed, easy to start up and easy to get others involved.

Cons

I found that the timer associated with some of the open files seems to be a little hit or miss, but since I haven't been reliant on the timer, it hasn't been an issue.

Response from TimeCamp

Dear Ben,
Thank you so much for your review and rate! We're pleased that you decided to increase the productivity with our tool. Easiness and intuitiveness are our priorities, because they make TimeCamp user-friendly. Please stay tuned, because we're turning TimeCamp into something special and even more useful!

TimeCamp After Trying Many Time Trackers

We searched and tried about a half dozen cloud-based time-tracking applications. Our goal was specific, track work for a small time, individually, through the day. And we have frequent task switching, so it's important (for both billing and for improving what we spend out time on). We found many products that added "friction" in tracking. We finally moved to TimeCamp because it works really well, is non-intrusive -- is EXACTLY what we want. And of course reliable. We found some of the alternatives to be based on assumptions that didn't match our way of working.

Pros

Good underlying model for how work and tasks are done. And nicely executed in the user interface.

Cons

No real complaints.

Response from TimeCamp

Hello John,
Thank you so much for the review! We're so happy that you decided to stay with us and our tool helps you increasing productivity at your company.
Wishing you lots of another profitable projects tracked with our tool, especially because we're turning into something special!

Chase

Reviewed on 18/08/2016

TimeCamp Is Invaluable To My Time Management

I have been using TimeCamp for more than a year now. I work on many projects concurrently as well as provide strategic advisory and business consultancy services. So, time is my most valuable resource. Knowing exactly where my time is spent, how much time is being utilized and how frequent the utilization is on various clients and projects becomes invaluable to me. It is easy to learn and even easier to use. It is integral with my daily processes.

Pros

Flexible. Ease of Use. Reliable.

Cons

I do not really have any Cons. It works as advertised and their service is great.

Response from TimeCamp

Hello Chase!
Thank you so much for the review and feedback! We're delighted seeing that you would recommend our software to the other users. Our company do its best to help you keep the time under control more accurately - that's why we're still improving our software. Easiness and intuitiveness are the key to success, so we're even more happy when reading that the tool is easy to use for you!
Wishing you lots of great projects tracked with our software,

Replied 22/08/2016
Lisa

Reviewed on 23/08/2016

My favorite time tracker

As a freelancer, time tracking is very important to me, both for billing clients and for understanding how long things take in order to better estimate future projects. I tried a few time trackers, but keep coming back to TimeCamp. Although I'm currently using the free plan, I intend to upgrade in order to track what hours I've billed clients for.

Pros

Other time trackers have the start button and the stop button and keep track of the running clock, but don't include the start and end times. I find these markers particularly helpful when I have forgotten to turn the clock off, say, but know I quit in time for the evening news.

Cons

The desktop app just confused me. So I rely on the browser version.

Response from TimeCamp

Hello Lisa!
Thank you so much for the review and your rate! We're delighted that you utilize TimeCamp to track your time - we know that working as a freelancer requires billing customers accurately, that's why we're still trying to make our tool even better. In case of any further problems with desktop version please visit our Knowledge Base or email the support team!
Wishing you lots of great projects tracked with TmeCamp,

Replied 23/08/2016