About Cornerstone LMS

Cornerstone Learning helps you provide a connected learning and growth experience for your people. Create a personalized development and growth experience that inspires people and accelerates transformation. Get a solution...

3.9
4.1
3.9

Browse Cornerstone LMS Reviews

Tina
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 17/11/2021

Great Product Overall

Prior to Cornerstone, we didn't have a single place where people could interact and see all of their training. We have leveraged certifications so that expiration dates are easy to find as well as utilizing playlists to help people get topical resources easily.

Pros

The UI is great for an end user and allows for the flexibility needed in terms of Welcome and Custom Pages to get the information across. The Learner Home makes it easy for end users to find content they are interested in in a format they are used to. As an Admin it provides lots of features to automate the experience and leverage the data in the system.

Cons

Support can sometimes be less than helpful. There are also times when the road map changes are not publicized enough so you may be hoping for a project on the roadmap that then doesn't appear.

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

A system full of interesting functions, but difficult to 'cooperate' from the admin's...

From the Admin's perspective - it is very hard to work with the system, creating anything takes a lot of time and you can never be sure that all functions will work as you want (some you set up at the stage of uploading materials, some later - sometimes they are mutually exclusive).

From the perspective of a person who uses Cornerstone for learning - quite intuitive navigation through the system, visually approx.

Pros

Many nice features, like Playlists - you can create a playlist with any links you want and share with employees (e.g. leadership Inspirational videos/articles).

Easy to assign training for a big group of employees (very easy to create a specific group based on employees' features like a place where they work).

The end result, e.g. assigned training, looks good from the user's perspective. Easy to re-assign which is very useful for mandatory training.

Cons

The biggest problem for me is a very unfriendly administration panel - to create anything, you need a lot of "clicks", and in every part of the system, it looks different (e.g. you have to sometimes click 'done' to add something, and in another place just click on '+'). Sometimes it seems to have no logic (even Cornerstone employees have sometimes problems answering how the given feature will work...).

It is also difficult to edit anything in many places, which means that you have to start work from scratch (e.g. when creating a test, you can set that user will receive partial points for multiple-choice questions, but if you did not choose it when creating the question, you have to create the question from scratch)

And the last annoying thing for me - practically nothing can be deleted from the system if it has been used at least once, which creates a long list of unnecessary materials / tests / training / etc and makes it very difficult to find what you need.

ProProfs Project
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

You get what you pay for

It's been slowly improving. I would say that our experience is limited as so many functions are outside of the Learning Module. We purchased a smaller version and I think it shows as we are continuously struggling to make it suit our needs the way we want.

Pros

I think that the recent changes have made the system more user friendly, but it is still not the most clear system. It manages transcripts fairly well.

Cons

I assume (as I was hired after implementation) that you need to request it, but our permissions are more limited than I would like. We can't run reports like utilization metrics, or who is in what security role which really limits our abilities. We also don't have backend design privileges and as a web developer that is infuriating.
I would say usability is less than desirable as there are HTML issues, and Transcript functionality confuses people.
There isn't a natural or logical way to set up accommodation requests even when using custom forms, which in my opinion is a very bad issue. We of course have text in the email, but it's insufficient and has caused issues.

Moodle and Blackboard Learn

Reasons for Choosing Cornerstone LMS

I can't guarantee I selected the right product we switched from but we switched due to the very limited functionality.

Reasons for Switching to Cornerstone LMS

We chose it for functionality as Cornerstone offers a lot. I will say that the scope of what we need has shifted and I am not sure that it would have ended on the same decision if we were making it now.

Top Cornerstone LMS Alternatives

Ruben

Reviewed on 11/11/2021

One of the best learning tools for companies!

Overall I am very happy with the tool chosen and would recommend it to others. I think the continuous improvements make it a platform with a lot of potential that we will be with for a long time to come.

Pros

continuous innovations and adaptations to the needs of companies and employees. As a training platform it is very solid and complete.

Cons

Some changes cannot be made, but adapting can be achieved.

SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite

Reasons for Choosing Cornerstone LMS

little flexibility and little exploitation of the information contained therein

Talentia HCM

Reasons for Switching to Cornerstone LMS

because we wanted to have several modules integrated in one place. Both training, selection and development we have everything with Cornerstone and we believe it is the best solution to have it unified for reporting and integrations. We also believe that it is a world-renowned and highly valued provider and that gave us security.
Taline
  • Industry: Supermarkets

Reviewed on 17/04/2021

Industry Leader in LMS Software - Top Shelf Product with Excellent Customer Service

My overall experience with Cornerstone OnDemand has been excellent. I appreciate the training team, support team, client success, and the product team who go above and beyond to respond quickly to client needs. I have undergone several certifications through Cornerstone - the process of training for certifications and working with certification specialists has been an incredible opportunity to upskill my proficiency with the product and apply that knowledge toward optimizing the user experience at my org. I strongly recommend this LMS product to any org seeking to adopt the best LMS on the market.

Pros

Among the LMS products that I have worked with, Cornerstone OnDemand provides the most customizable solution for unique business needs. Cornerstone provides an abundance of training for clients, including hundreds of on demand videos, online courses, online help articles, and virtual instructor led training classes for administrators to upskill their familiarity with the features. Each client is unique, and we have a tremendous ability to tailor the learning experience for end users. At my organization, which is a retail company with 80% un-desked workers, employees love the possibilities for learning in the flow of work, such as with Express Class, and the easy to use AI-supported carousels on Learner Home. Edge Import provides an easy experience for loading historical data and courses into the system in batch. We are able to support 100k+ employees with a core admin team of 4 with smart security configurations and the ability to use custom pages to embed self-service tools for end users and instructors directly within the portal.

Cons

Cornerstone is constantly growing and adapting its product during quarterly releases and they are very inclusive with customer suggestions for future enhancements. There is a lot of thought that goes into release planning and UAT through a stage environment and release ready webinars. Often these enhancements are the direct result of client suggestions that have been upvoted by other clients. It is a huge product with a top talent product management team, and I am always impressed with how the product is updated to adapt to new technologies and industry trends, as well as business needs. I would love to see even more emphasis in the future on release updates to include even more customer suggestions, even though the releases are already very robust.

Response from Cornerstone OnDemand

Hi Taline, thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate having a champion like you and are happy to be a small part of the success at Whole Foods. I'm so glad you found value in the all the training we provide for clients. Your continued learning has made you so knowledgeable about Cornerstone and we are here to support you in any way you need!

Replied 10/05/2021
Darlene

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

CSOD - Access your learning anywhere/anytime!

Overall, we are very pleased with our selection and have no plans of leaving this application any time soon. We just resigned for another 5 years, so that speaks volumes to our confidence level with this product.

Pros

We have found that our users required no training to be able to use the Cornerstone software successfully. Given that we have 10,000 employees, this was a key deciding factor when we signed on.

Cons

There’s always going to be small issues that may be frustrating. The one thing that we found is that their customer service/support central is more than adequately prepared to handle anything that comes up.

HealthStream Learning Center

Reasons for Choosing Cornerstone LMS

Our product was sunsetted and we decided it was a good time to put out an RFP and see what other vendors had to offer.

Reasons for Switching to Cornerstone LMS

The main deciding factor was the fact that CSOD is constantly investing into their application. Each year, they put out a roadmap of new features, and have a quarterly update that keeps our application current and constantly improved.
Joe

Reviewed on 04/08/2020

A powerful LMS with lots of integration points, catalogue customisation but room to improve

We are providing training to thousands of external users. We have a second implementation for internal users. The platform is far easier to handle/use outside of an eXe environment - if they could assist with end to end tracking of browsing > purchase, it would level the playing field.

Pros

The catalogue is very customisable, there are countless fields that can be changed to cater for nearly all use case scenarios.

e-Learning tracking generally works as expected.

WebEx/VILT integration is good.

A fairly high degree of customisation is available for web pages/custom pages etc.

Cons

We've been bounced between several GPS reps in recent years, some of whom have been more committed to our cause than others.

When we have downtime, particularly in an eXe environment, it feels like our concerns just drop into a queue even if users are unable to register/make payment.

Some areas of the platform are in desperate need of improvement (e.g. Certifications). When you raise these, you are encouraged to file a thread in the Success Centre, but you end up just replying to yourself or other frustrated users.

Adobe Connect

Feature set Scalability eXe
Keithia

Reviewed on 30/11/2019

Cornerstone LMS not great for complicated builds

My experience is both good and bad. Good in that I have gotten used to the way the product works and can maneuver well. Bad in that its tedious work and there are areas where streamlining is needed.

Pros

Cornerstone was an improvement over the LMS platforms we were using 5 years ago. It handles large amounts of learning objects and dynamic assignments well if its simple. It doesn't like complicated assignments. The system works well with a simple set of learning objects assigned to a simple group with a due date. If you need to build a complicated group (one with many parameters), it may not work as well. Also the removal of items is a challenge when you are removing from a large number of transcripts.

Cons

the administration of cornerstone is not straight forward. There are a lot of nuances that come up when you are completing various activities. There is also the inconsistencies with various screens throughout. In some areas you can click check all or uncheck all to select multiple objects. In other areas you cannot and have to click individually, which is time consuming.

Adobe Learning Manager and Docebo

Reasons for Choosing Cornerstone LMS

Company had expanded number of users. We wanted a standardized system.

Reasons for Switching to Cornerstone LMS

Cornerstone presented an impressive list of features including automation.
Iran

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

CSOD Getting Better Every Year!

We are very happy with the applicatoin. We have been with Cornerstone for over 3 years now and signed a new contract for another 5 years. The support we get from them is excellent and would not look elsewhere.

Pros

Constant improvement (quaterly) is something I really like about this application. Users do not complain about it, which is a huge plus for us supporting the app in our organization. The application is big and there is always something new to learn or better way of doing things.

Cons

There is not much that I can say negative about the application. One thing that I would like to change is character count when creating groups. It might seem small for some organization admins, but for us its a important as our groups can be very large. It is frustrating when creating a group and you are unable to save it because you succeeded the character limit. Not a deal breaker but for sure an annoyance that can perhaps be fixed in the next releases.

JAMIE
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 01/10/2019

Solid HRIS system with a strong LMS

Overall, Cornerstone is a solid and robust system. We run into very few issues with it. It has helped us reach our global workforce and manage learning within our organization.

Pros

Cornerstone offers one of the better LMSs that I've managed in my career. They continue to update the system with new features and evolve it with emerging technology like machine learning and mobile compatibility. It supports all of the content we use and user management is relatively painless. Each area of the system integrates with the others. This allows for a very cohesive performance management suite.

Cons

The weak spot of Cornerstone is their customer service. It has been a pain point for several years. They say they are working on improving it and sometimes they do, but it still has a long ways to go. I also wish the system had more robust mobile compatibility. This is something they have been working on, but they are behind some competitors. They also need further support for multimedia, specifically video.

Sara

Reviewed on 20/07/2020

Cornerstone OnDemand

Our business use for this was tracking regulatory training for roughly 12 trainers in the health care field. This is also where people could sign up for in-person training whether that was a leadership class, CPR, etc. We were starting to use it for succession planning - although I feel we could have just used PowerPoint. We didn't use it for performance although we looked into it.

Pros

This is a flashy LMS. It looks great to the user. For a large organization, this was helpful with tracking regulatory trainings and more. It has all the bells and whistles.

Cons

The reason I would never recommend this to a colleague is because of the price and admin functions. First, the price. We were shown from the beginning, everything the system could offer, which we obviously loved, but shame on us for not asking additional questions. What we saw and what we got were different. For additional pricing, we could add on. Even customer service hours were charged. In the end this costed triple what we originally thought.

Furthermore, my second issue was the admin functionality. It was extremely complicated. We had 12 trainers working on the back end to get it implemented, on top of that we eventually hired 3 full time employees to work on the admin part for upgrades, running reports, etc. That is obviously another cost.

As much as the system was user friendly... It wasn't worth the cost when there are plenty of learning management systems that are user and admin friendly, for less.

Lin

Reviewed on 08/07/2020

Top notch Learning System For Our Premium Needs

Cornerstone Learning has been firmly a part of training and development workflow for as long as I have been a art of this organization, and it has served us well. The UI is easy to the train for both our end users and administrators/educators. Yet, we have just only cracked the surface with the modules that we have employed.

Pros

Cornerstone Learning is intuitive to learn with a mostly clean interface. Some newer systems have more modern and updated features, but Cornerstone does the job for us. I love how relatively easy it has been to engage our users and deliver quality learning objects.

Cons

The content development tools are growing, but find external authoring applications is still essential.

Jan
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

I've used several other learning management systems and cornerstone is by far the best i've used for meeting standard business requirements.

Pros

Great implementation experience, the customer success center is top notch, and the ease of use is there for the end-user

Cons

If you have casual administrators who aren't in the system often, it can be cumbersome to navigate the back end - this is why the cornerstone success center is such a blessing

Moodle

BizLibrary

Reasons for Switching to Cornerstone LMS

Met our requirements for a reasonable price
Matt

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

Great product, and very easy to use!

So far, my overall experience with Cornerstone has been great. From my side focusing on learning, we've really be working on getting over the hurdle of getting learners to take trainings that aren't required of them. This tool (and playlists + learner home) have really helped us accomplish this.

Pros

The thing that I like most about the software is how easy it is to learn, and pick up on. When I came into this role, I had no prior cornerstone or LMS experience, but it was super easy for me to learn and navigate. Highly recommend Cornerstone to those who are looking for a new provider.

Cons

There really isn't anything that sticks out that I like least about the software. Their support model can be tricky to deal with from time to time, but that's about it honestly.

SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite

Reasons for Choosing Cornerstone LMS

Not quite sure, wasn't with the firm at that time.

Reasons for Switching to Cornerstone LMS

The major reason that we chose Cornerstone in the end was because they were a slightly smaller company than SuccessFactors, and we really felt that we could have an impact with some of our suggestions and changes to their future enhancements.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Robust learning management system

We have been pleased with the ability to consolidate our learning offerings/tracking and the ability to automate our assignments and emails. This has streamlined our efforts and saved staff time doing manual processes.

Pros

I like that we can have all of our required trainings in one system and can automatically assign them to our learners along with sending automated emails. It is great to be able to run reports out of one system to track learning. I am also excited to see where we will be using the tool in the area of Skills.

Cons

The evaluation tool is not that easy to use and the reporting is basic level. It needs to be an area of focus.

• Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 11/11/2021

Cornerstone Learning has been essential to our learning culture!

Cornerstone is a great partner to work with. I have been so pleased with our main contacts over the years and I feel that they truly do advocate for us and help us achieve of institutional goals. Their tier 1 support is 5 stars- I've never been disappointed with the help and attention I receive from tier 1. I do think that tier 2 support could take some pointers from tier 1, as this year I have not been happy with how a couple of my escalated tickets were handled. I will say that I wrote in feedback about this and Cornerstone immediately contacted me to gather information. They are truly a responsive company that I have enjoyed working with for almost 6 years.

Pros

I love the versatility of it. There isn't just one way to do something. We have come up with creative ways to achieve and end goal. I also LOVE the Cornerstone Success Center and the Knowledge Base. It's so amazing how theyve built a community of their customers that's actually engaging and helpful!

Cons

The system itself is not difficult to learn. Just like any other system, you have to learn it and get comfortable with it. I also dislike that some of the functionality is antiquated (like groups) or just looks "old" (like the test engine). Cornerstone is making strides in updating pieces of the system and we have been so happy with their updates in reporting, the LAT, the content uploader, and Edge.

Mary
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

Cornerstone Learning Module is very good and continues to make excellent changes!

Cornerstone allows us to have a simplified system while collecting employee data on their training. Mandated courses can now be assigned and be able to be tracked for completion. My experience overall has been very good and I would suggest this software for other businesses.

Pros

I like that it is fairly easy to use for most people even those that aren't tech savvy. I also like the fact that they strive to make things better with each release. In the five years that I have been with them, they have come a long way in making some wonderful changes.

Cons

The implementation still remains as being a horrible experience. We had a great product leader but were left confused with many of the processes. We also choose to implement way too fast, so if given the chance again it would be great to implement a bit slower.

NetSuite
Karen
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 11/07/2019

Cornerstone Recruitment Module

Overall the experience has been good and we are happy with the recruitment solution we have in place. It is helping us to report on sources and cost which is brilliant for making data driven decisions rather than trying to guess what sources are working and what are not as often is the case when using other ATS systems without this functionality.

Pros

The software is user friendly and pretty adaptable to fit our business needs. Most of the screens are modern in design (some need updating) and the workflows are able to be flexed so that the process is not clunky and hard to navigate. It works well for our internal recruitment team and for the most part our candidates, although some improvement could be made to restricting views to some of our managers as they for our process we dont need them to see some of the status's or have the ability to change them. Overall it is one of the better recruitment systems out there for flexibility and functionality. The fact that we are able to track candidates source is crucial to our business and supports our budgeting strategy really well.

Cons

The helpdesk support could be better and more efficient in responding. Having the ability to share screens in real time to highlight issues or discuss improvements that could be made would be better.

Leena

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

An enhanced LMS for the new century customers...

Overall experience with Cornerstone On Demand is very good and positive. It has a positive impact on the Return on Investment and meets most of the business objectives. I highly recommend the solution.

Pros

Cornerstone OnDemand - It's a complete HCM Suite including an advanced Learning Management System. Most admirable features are:
- Learning Admin Console enhancements
- Edge Import
- Reporting 2.0
- Integration feasibility

Cons

Customer support is not up-to the mark. The response time and the resolving time for any tickets will take lot of time. Otherwise the product is a complete solution for any type of industry.

Moodle and SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite

Reasons for Switching to Cornerstone LMS

It's Edge Import and Data Load Wizard are impressive. It has a HCM suite and well-suited with industries require compliance.
Kristen

Reviewed on 17/04/2021

Great Product!

Great experience and great value for the product.

Pros

I love the integrated Cornerstone suite of products for ease of use with system management. We started with the implementation of Performance Management and it was so easy for our managers and employees to adopt, and we have recently moved over to Cornerstone LMS, which has been great.

Cons

Not much! It was a great value for a wonderful product. The implementation was a lot of work to coordinate internally for our company wide team, but it was worth it.

Response from Cornerstone OnDemand

Hi Kristen, we appreciate you taking the time to provide a review for Cornerstone! I'm glad to hear that you see the value in Learning & Performance. Our products are made to compliment each other and set you up for success. Implementing talent management products can be overwhelming and I hope you felt supported by the Cornerstone team during the process. If there is anything we can do to help, please reach out to us at [email protected] Thank you for being a valued customer!

Replied 10/05/2021
Anthony

Reviewed on 07/09/2019

Cornerstone, prioritizing the customer

If you are looking for a system with an active community willing to help other companies this is the perfect product for you. Cornerstone holds a user group meeting every quarter in major cities which gives an opportunity to network with other companies and help each other how with challenges you are currently fixing. During these meetings we receive live training and a walk through of what other features will be developed in the future.

Pros

A major pro is the customer service that cornerstone provides. They have rapidly developed how they consume cases in order to provide timely responses. They also provide in-depth documentation, webcasts, beta groups and live trainings around every release cycle of new features. Cornerstone really allows the clients to drive the future of their system.

Cons

I wish their was more opportunities for customization. For example you are able to create custom pages but you are restricted to Cornerstone's layout and HTML/CSS scripting.

Shelly

Reviewed on 05/05/2021

Cornerstone On Demand - Full Suite

Pros

Learning/Performance/ATS/Succession all in one place.
Customization, allows you to really think outside the box to meet use cases.
Robust curriculum builds
Versatile checklist, we use for skills and onboarding
Certification tracking
Easy of use for end users
Reporting - love the recently updated reporting 2.0
Performance Evaluations, very smooth process and easy to account for multiple steps and calibration.

Cons

Customer Service, while improving is still not timely.
ATS, while improving there are several issues to work though. The largest being how rehires are handled.
External Registrants being seen as internal causes system issues

Response from Cornerstone OnDemand

Hi Shelly, thank you for leaving a review! We are happy you see value in having multiple Cornerstone products. They were meant to work together and make your organization successful, while making it easy for end users. Customer service is a big focus for us currently. We are dedicated to improving our response times and overall support. I hope you continue to see improvement with support and our recruiting product. Thank you for being a loyal customer.

Replied 25/05/2021
Matt

Reviewed on 05/05/2021

Great LMS

Pros

Excellent UI and End User experience. Great product and customer teams, quarterly updates that always add meaningful, high quality new features.

Cons

Lots of configuration, you really have to know what you want to achieve, rather than just take it off the shelf.

Workday HCM

Response from Cornerstone OnDemand

Hi Matt, thank you for taking the time to leave a review! I'm so glad you see value in our product and internal teams. We strive to give our customers the best experience possible and quarterly updates are part of that. We want to keep innovating and listening to what features you want to see. Configuration makes the product unique to each customer but it can be a lot. We are always here to help and answer questions. We want everyone to be successful. Thank you for being a great customer!

Replied 25/05/2021
Shannon

Reviewed on 06/12/2021

Cornerstone is Great

Pros

We use Cornerstone for all of our learning and development as well as performance initiatives. We have many employees out in the field so the mobility of the platform is so important us. Help us keep up top to date on compliance training as well as employee engagement. We love it and would highly recommend it.

Cons

We are able to have all of our training and development and performance processes on one platform, which has been great! There is no more need to switch in between platforms to compare data, it's all in one place. Reporting is so easy with Cornerstone because we have all of our data in one place to anyalyze.

Michelle

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

Cornerstone OnDemand is my new best friend

Pros

Cornerstone OnDemand is a great product to use for learning.
The specific way I use the product at this time is to deliver, track, and record keep all the compliance training that is provided to each employee.
The new Reporting 2.0 tool has an amazing functionality called Exception Reporting.
This allows you to ensure that all persons required to take a training have in fact been assigned the training. This is extremely helpful to ensure that no employee is missed and everyone meets their annual training requirements. Additionally, Cornerstone has an amazing group of individuals that are available when you have a question. There are multiple ways to get assistance, from online Help Center to over the phone Office Hours to topic specific training with their trainers.
I highly recommend using Cornerstone OnDemand as your next LMS.

Cons

I don't like that when you 'page back' you have to re-enter your criteria. It would be great to be able to go back one page and have your selections be there and not have to start over. I'm sure they are working on a fix though.