About Cornerstone LMS

Cornerstone Learning empowers talent with personalized training programs, collaborative learning initiatives and certification paths ensuring that coursework actively addresses specific competency and skill gaps. With a single...

Browse Cornerstone LMS Reviews

154 of 393,624 reviews

Reviewed on 11/05/2021

Powerful LMS

Overall our experience has been great. The LMS does exactly what we need to train our employees.

Pros

Cornerstone is very powerful. It has all of the advanced functions we need for a large and complex organization.

Cons

The admin side can be hard for a new user. It takes time and training to understand all the power and complexities of the system.

Response from Cornerstone OnDemand

Hello, we appreciate you leaving a review! We are happy to hear that our LMS has the functions you need to make your organization successful. It is a powerful system and taking the time to learn and complete training only aides in understanding and utilizing the systems to it's full potential. I'm glad you have had a great experience and I hope that continues!

Tina P.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 06/05/2021

Great Product Overall

Pros

My overall experience with Cornerstone OnDemand has been excellent. I appreciate the training resources, success center and how they push for users/clients to become experts and work with their peers. I have completed several of the certifications and am currently a client community expert and both have allowed me to learn and network with others about the product which has helped me be a better administrator for my own organization. I recommend this LMS product to any org seeking to adopt the best LMS on the market.

Cons

Our implementation was really rough and caused a lot of stress and rework. There are areas of the system that are inconsistent or have design flaws that haven't gotten the priority they need yet. GPS support is challenging you often just get the answer that is is how it is built and there is nothing they can help you with. Technical Support issues can take months and then still not be resolved or you have to do more work to resolve them on your own.

SumTotal Workforce Management and Saba TalentSpace

Reasons for Choosing Cornerstone LMS

I switched organizations and was happy to move away from SumTotal which had a complicated open architecture and very little product support. At this organization we really were using PeopleSoft as a very basic sort of LMS and it just didn't have the features and functions we need particularly for online content.

Response from Cornerstone OnDemand

Thank you for leaving a review, Tina! We appreciate that you have taken the time to become a true expert on our LMS. Utilizing the training resources and your peers is so important. We want our customers to be successful and love to see your continued learning. I'm sorry to hear GPS support has been challenging. It is a major focus for us right now and I hope you will see improvement and shorter response times in the future. Thank you for being such an involved, loyal customer!

Taline G.
  • Industry: Supermarkets

Reviewed on 17/04/2021

Industry Leader in LMS Software - Top Shelf Product with Excellent Customer Service

My overall experience with Cornerstone OnDemand has been excellent. I appreciate the training team, support team, client success, and the product team who go above and beyond to respond quickly to client needs. I have undergone several certifications through Cornerstone - the process of training for certifications and working with certification specialists has been an incredible opportunity to upskill my proficiency with the product and apply that knowledge toward optimizing the user experience at my org. I strongly recommend this LMS product to any org seeking to adopt the best LMS on the market.

Pros

Among the LMS products that I have worked with, Cornerstone OnDemand provides the most customizable solution for unique business needs. Cornerstone provides an abundance of training for clients, including hundreds of on demand videos, online courses, online help articles, and virtual instructor led training classes for administrators to upskill their familiarity with the features. Each client is unique, and we have a tremendous ability to tailor the learning experience for end users. At my organization, which is a retail company with 80% un-desked workers, employees love the possibilities for learning in the flow of work, such as with Express Class, and the easy to use AI-supported carousels on Learner Home. Edge Import provides an easy experience for loading historical data and courses into the system in batch. We are able to support 100k+ employees with a core admin team of 4 with smart security configurations and the ability to use custom pages to embed self-service tools for end users and instructors directly within the portal.

Cons

Cornerstone is constantly growing and adapting its product during quarterly releases and they are very inclusive with customer suggestions for future enhancements. There is a lot of thought that goes into release planning and UAT through a stage environment and release ready webinars. Often these enhancements are the direct result of client suggestions that have been upvoted by other clients. It is a huge product with a top talent product management team, and I am always impressed with how the product is updated to adapt to new technologies and industry trends, as well as business needs. I would love to see even more emphasis in the future on release updates to include even more customer suggestions, even though the releases are already very robust.

Response from Cornerstone OnDemand

Hi Taline, thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate having a champion like you and are happy to be a small part of the success at Whole Foods. I'm so glad you found value in the all the training we provide for clients. Your continued learning has made you so knowledgeable about Cornerstone and we are here to support you in any way you need!

Replied 10/05/2021

Top Cornerstone LMS Alternatives

Sara S.

Reviewed on 20/07/2020

Cornerstone OnDemand

Our business use for this was tracking regulatory training for roughly 12 trainers in the health care field. This is also where people could sign up for in-person training whether that was a leadership class, CPR, etc. We were starting to use it for succession planning - although I feel we could have just used PowerPoint. We didn't use it for performance although we looked into it.

Pros

This is a flashy LMS. It looks great to the user. For a large organization, this was helpful with tracking regulatory trainings and more. It has all the bells and whistles.

Cons

The reason I would never recommend this to a colleague is because of the price and admin functions. First, the price. We were shown from the beginning, everything the system could offer, which we obviously loved, but shame on us for not asking additional questions. What we saw and what we got were different. For additional pricing, we could add on. Even customer service hours were charged. In the end this costed triple what we originally thought.

Furthermore, my second issue was the admin functionality. It was extremely complicated. We had 12 trainers working on the back end to get it implemented, on top of that we eventually hired 3 full time employees to work on the admin part for upgrades, running reports, etc. That is obviously another cost.

As much as the system was user friendly... It wasn't worth the cost when there are plenty of learning management systems that are user and admin friendly, for less.

Ruben F.

Reviewed on 16/04/2021

GOOD FEELING BUT MUCH TO LEARN

Its a great company. When you contract with them you kno that you have choose a god selection. The changes at the new releases, the support and different csod actions give good feelings to the customers.

Pros

LMS module its the more complete and it have new features each release. Rest of modules are quite good, maybe performance are also complete but not to much flexible.

Cons

Recruiting module news integrate all his parts. candidates admin, requisitions admin, recruiters screens are different and not to much intuitive. I would like to have news at this module in New releases.

Cezanne HR and SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite

Reasons for Switching to Cornerstone LMS

More complete and all the modules integrated

Response from Cornerstone OnDemand

Thank you for leaving a review, Ruben! We are happy you see value in owning multiple Cornerstone products. They are made to compliment each other and make you successful. I'm sorry to hear you have struggled with Recruiting. We are happy to assist you, please reach out with question or concerns. Thank you for being a continued customer.

Samuel H.
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 21/04/2021

You name it, and Cornerstone can probably do it!

Overall, our experience has been great. I have been using it for 2.5 years and my bank has had the product since 2010. The resources available for learning are tremendous, and continuous innovation of the product itself keeps current with trends and leads the way on many.

Pros

Most of the administrator functions are pretty intuitive if you are experienced with Learning Management Systems. It is a lot to learn as a new administrator, but I am a huge fan of the resources cornerstone makes available to admins to learn and continue to enhance product knowledge.

Personally, I love the reporting and dashboard capabilities! Analytics makes almost any sort of data tracking possible.

Cons

Setting up reviews and competencies can be very "steppy," but it is logical. The smallest pieces get built first, added to larger pieces, etc. Would be nice to be able to create a lot of these things (like form sections) in the flow of building a review itself.

Response from Cornerstone OnDemand

Hi Samuel, thank you for your detailed review. I'm glad you felt supported while exploring all the admin functions and find it intuitive. If you're not already, I highly recommend getting plugged into the Cornerstone Success Center where you can access online resources and connect with other banking/financial clients to see how they set up reviews and competencies. Thank you for being a great client!

Replied 10/05/2021
Karen R.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 11/07/2019

Cornerstone Recruitment Module

Overall the experience has been good and we are happy with the recruitment solution we have in place. It is helping us to report on sources and cost which is brilliant for making data driven decisions rather than trying to guess what sources are working and what are not as often is the case when using other ATS systems without this functionality.

Pros

The software is user friendly and pretty adaptable to fit our business needs. Most of the screens are modern in design (some need updating) and the workflows are able to be flexed so that the process is not clunky and hard to navigate. It works well for our internal recruitment team and for the most part our candidates, although some improvement could be made to restricting views to some of our managers as they for our process we dont need them to see some of the status's or have the ability to change them. Overall it is one of the better recruitment systems out there for flexibility and functionality. The fact that we are able to track candidates source is crucial to our business and supports our budgeting strategy really well.

Cons

The helpdesk support could be better and more efficient in responding. Having the ability to share screens in real time to highlight issues or discuss improvements that could be made would be better.

Leena P.

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

An enhanced LMS for the new century customers...

Overall experience with Cornerstone On Demand is very good and positive. It has a positive impact on the Return on Investment and meets most of the business objectives. I highly recommend the solution.

Pros

Cornerstone OnDemand - It's a complete HCM Suite including an advanced Learning Management System. Most admirable features are:
- Learning Admin Console enhancements
- Edge Import
- Reporting 2.0
- Integration feasibility

Cons

Customer support is not up-to the mark. The response time and the resolving time for any tickets will take lot of time. Otherwise the product is a complete solution for any type of industry.

Reasons for Switching to Cornerstone LMS

It's Edge Import and Data Load Wizard are impressive. It has a HCM suite and well-suited with industries require compliance.
Shelly H.

Reviewed on 05/05/2021

Cornerstone On Demand - Full Suite

Pros

Learning/Performance/ATS/Succession all in one place.
Customization, allows you to really think outside the box to meet use cases.
Robust curriculum builds
Versatile checklist, we use for skills and onboarding
Certification tracking
Easy of use for end users
Reporting - love the recently updated reporting 2.0
Performance Evaluations, very smooth process and easy to account for multiple steps and calibration.

Cons

Customer Service, while improving is still not timely.
ATS, while improving there are several issues to work though. The largest being how rehires are handled.
External Registrants being seen as internal causes system issues

Response from Cornerstone OnDemand

Hi Shelly, thank you for leaving a review! We are happy you see value in having multiple Cornerstone products. They were meant to work together and make your organization successful, while making it easy for end users. Customer service is a big focus for us currently. We are dedicated to improving our response times and overall support. I hope you continue to see improvement with support and our recruiting product. Thank you for being a loyal customer.

Matt C.

Reviewed on 05/05/2021

Great LMS

Pros

Excellent UI and End User experience. Great product and customer teams, quarterly updates that always add meaningful, high quality new features.

Cons

Lots of configuration, you really have to know what you want to achieve, rather than just take it off the shelf.

Workday HCM

Response from Cornerstone OnDemand

Hi Matt, thank you for taking the time to leave a review! I'm so glad you see value in our product and internal teams. We strive to give our customers the best experience possible and quarterly updates are part of that. We want to keep innovating and listening to what features you want to see. Configuration makes the product unique to each customer but it can be a lot. We are always here to help and answer questions. We want everyone to be successful. Thank you for being a great customer!

Michelle M.

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

Cornerstone OnDemand is my new best friend

Pros

Cornerstone OnDemand is a great product to use for learning.
The specific way I use the product at this time is to deliver, track, and record keep all the compliance training that is provided to each employee.
The new Reporting 2.0 tool has an amazing functionality called Exception Reporting.
This allows you to ensure that all persons required to take a training have in fact been assigned the training. This is extremely helpful to ensure that no employee is missed and everyone meets their annual training requirements. Additionally, Cornerstone has an amazing group of individuals that are available when you have a question. There are multiple ways to get assistance, from online Help Center to over the phone Office Hours to topic specific training with their trainers.
I highly recommend using Cornerstone OnDemand as your next LMS.

Cons

I don't like that when you 'page back' you have to re-enter your criteria. It would be great to be able to go back one page and have your selections be there and not have to start over. I'm sure they are working on a fix though.

Lianne R.

Reviewed on 27/04/2021

So glad my organization made the switch!

I love working with the folks at CSOD - they are constantly coming up with solutions and new ideas to improve the product.

Pros

I love how the different modules (we have Learning, Performance and Succession) work together - there is no recreating the wheel. I can pull Performance data into Succession so easily. We are looking to introduce Check-Ins this year - another great function to keep communication and engagement open during this time.

Cons

There aren't many things that I dislike - I've been working with CSOD for almost two years - if there is something that I can't get to work or something that I feel needs to be changed, there is a place to find the solution. Success Center, other peers, Suggestion City.....

Response from Cornerstone OnDemand

Hi Lianne, we appreciate your review! I'm glad to hear that you see the value in owning multiple Cornerstone products. Our products are made to compliment each other and set you up for success. We work hard to make resources and information accessible and I'm glad you've explored the Customer Success Center, Suggestion City and networking with other customers. If you ever have feedback or ideas for improvement, please email us at [email protected] Thank you for being a valued customer!

Replied 14/05/2021
Charles B.

Reviewed on 04/05/2021

CSOD - Great Enterprise LMS

- user friendly/stable LMS that hits all the major offerings of comparable LMS's on the market
- committed to improving the product and the customer experience

Pros

- easy to use/intuitive end user experience
- highly customizable
- stable/quick response when issues arise
- quarterly upgrades offer frequent improvement
- robust help functionality (knowledge articles, training, etc)

Cons

- administration can be complex (by-product of high customization)
- functionality can be hidden/unavailable to even the overall system admin until vendor enables, making it easy to miss helpful updates
- mix of old/new functionality can be confusing: as updates are rolled out piece by piece it can feel a bit disjointed

Response from Cornerstone OnDemand

Thank you for leaving a review, Charles! I'm glad you find the system easy to use and intuitive. We want our customers to feel empowered and efficient with the help of our learning product. Our goal is to be a part of your success. I realize the customization can be a bit overwhelming but we want it to truly be unique to you. Please reach out with any questions or best practice advice. We are always happy to help!

Jamie D.

Reviewed on 15/02/2016

A quality LMS and performance management product

I've been an administrator for Cornerstone (CSOD) for about 2 years now. We use the Learning and Connect modules and we have added Observation Checklists from the Performance module. I've previously managed 5 other LMSs in both corporate and education settings. I can honestly say that CSOD is one of my favorites, however, it's not without frustrations at times.

Pros:
-There's been little to no unscheduled downtime.
-They have a quarterly release schedule, which is packed with useful features and updates and then bug fixes/maintenance windows EOW.
-The LMS module works well with most SCORM compliant courses. An issue I struggled with while managing another competitor. We mainly use Articulate Storyline 1 & 2, but it also works well with tutorials that we've purchased from third parties.
-Reporting is powerful and available real-time.
-The enrollment tools allow for a single enrollment or dynamic/scheduled enrollments.
-I really like the customization offered in the portal. Welcome and custom pages have just enough flexibility to allow for creativity, yet are still easy to use. There are also settings for the menu and branding, which allow you to create a unique experience for you audience.
-The system has played well with our nightly user feed from SAP.
-I manage several user roles that allow me to effective manage the rights of various users throughout the system.
-CSOD has revamping several areas of the system to give them a more modern look and feel.
-Additionally, they have a mobile app that just recently received an update that updated its UI.
-Their user conference is one of the best I've ever attended.

Cons:
-Their Global Product Support is sub-par and has been ever since I started managing the system, despite what they call "growing pains" within their structure that they are supposed to be addressing. Not a very good excuse and it is tiring working with them at times.
-Although their mobile app is decent, they seem to introduce a new bug with every release and they only update the app quarterly, so my users have to live with the bug for 3 months before it is patched.
-Their integration with WebEx for vILT just broke last year and it took them 8-10 months to patch it.
-There overall message is that they are a tech company that is fun and nimble like Google or Facebook, however, with their fast growth, they feel like they are moving the direction of SAP and Oracle.

Nate M.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 21/08/2019

CSOD Review

We have been working with CSOD for almost two years. Of all the modules CSOD has to offer, the LMS is probably the best. CSOD offers some great resources to get your questions answered however, their Global Product Support for more technical questions/issues is terrible. They have made an effort to improve that team recently however, it has a long way to go. I mentioned it above in the cons section - if you plan on using multiple modules be aware that each module seems to have been developed in a silo effort & there is no consistency throughout.

Pros

1. Quarterly releases with a transparent road map
2. Offers a Client Portal to connect, ask questions & make suggestions, which actually gets used & is useful
3. Scheduled down times are limited
4. Recent updates have added a more modern UI/UX

Cons

1. Global Product Support
2. Global Product Support
3. Global Product Support
4. If you plan on using CSOD's other modules (e.g. Performance, ATS, etc) keep in mind that there is no consistency & the UI/UX will be different depending on where the user is in the system. Although you cannot consider this a con of their LMS.

Giulia M.

Reviewed on 13/11/2015

Easy to use for the Learner and Administrator

The best part of the product is reporting functionality. I love the custom reporting function that allows me to gather and analyze specific data. It is easy to organize my reports and run them time and again. I also love that it has the ability to send my reports directly to my e-mail. The reporting has been especially helpful for when auditors request training records and managers need full reports of their direct reports' training. In addition to the reporting functionality, Cornerstone as a vendor has been great! I have an amazing team that I can rely on to provide me with the answers and solutions to my issues and initiatives.

When evaluating a Learning Management System, I think that the support you receive after implementation is just as important as the product itself. Of course, you wish to receive a product that meets all of your business needs, but it's important to also look for a company that provides ongoing support. Cornerstone provides that to their clients.

As an administrator, I found the system to be very easy to learn and use. It's logical and provides a clean look. Users require very little training on how to use the system. It's intuitive for them and for someone like me, saves time from needing to train users.

Thus far, I have been able to implement all business initiatives through the Cornerstone system. There have even been a few requests that I have been able to accommodate using a work-around that Cornerstone helped me create.

The system is well designed. I have never logged onto the system and have it be unavailable (unless during scheduled maintenance). You can trust this product and its team to fix system issues quickly and efficiently.

Cornerstone consistently provides support to its clients. In the beginning stages, the sales person helps you to purchase the right product for your business needs. You are then paired with an implementation specialist who makes the process easy! After implementation, you are assigned a client success manager. My CSM always makes time for me and returns my e-mails/phone calls. In addition, I can always reach out to global product support and take part in webinars with other clients and CSMs to get answers to my questions.

Sharon T.

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

A great Talent Mgmt Portal

Lets you assign complex training (curriculums) to a complex organization and groups. Reporting is basic.

Pros

LMS, onboarding, performance management, collaboration and communication, social - everything you need for talent management in a corporation/

Cons

The admin side is very difficult to use. Also, Cornerstone has the habit of halfway launching new features without fully "baking" them. They push out "flashy" features to gain new clients but dont execute well at all.

Nicolas S.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

Efficient SaaS tool, used since more than 8 years

Pros

Quite efficient and complete learning solution
Continuous new features on recruitment to be highest than the average of the market
Implementation performed by Cornerstone and an integrator (in 2010 and 2015)
Dedicated points of contact : 1 for commercial, 1 for technical
Security role management

Cons

Still some delays to get answer on support (~2-3 days)
Wait some features improvements to improve administrative action in the system.

Deanna E.

Reviewed on 16/05/2017

Excellent LMS software

Pros

This software allows integration with other softwares to upload content which was a nice feature because we had multiple sources of learning content that could be housed in one area. The mass communication feature was great to inform participants of changes, etc. to the course work.

Cons

When we first starting using Cornerstone on Demand the products Performance and Learning systems were separate, which at times created double work/entry. That has been fixed.

Jessica M.

Reviewed on 30/12/2015

High Quality Product and Excellent Support Team!

I've been working in this industry for over 10 years and throughout my experience I have managed several different LMS systems, but CSOD, by far, has been the most impressive. During our LMS Selection process we evaluated over 27 vendors and scored/compared each across many different rating factors such as easy to use, low cost, easy to learn, extensive features/functionality, powerful reporting, customer service support etc. CSOD was the highest scoring vendor and after conducting hands on analysis and performing extensive due diligence (i.e. reference check, examining financial health, customer/industry reviews) we made the choice to move forward with CSOD. We haven't had any regrets since then. Our LMS implementation went very smoothly and we've been live for over one year now. The feedback we've received from our organization regarding the LMS has been nothing but positive, and due to this top management has decided to invest in the Recruiting and Onboarding modules.

Thomas D.
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

Build to suit

So far, so good.

Pros

The software is customizable and can be tailored to the business needs

Cons

Coding knowledge is helpful. Also, if you have to go in after someone else builds an item, it takes a while to decode their programming.

Nicole L.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 24/12/2018

Best in breed LMS

Pros

Well thought through in terms of learning processes. Tied to competencies and user profiles. Reporting is useful and robust.

Cons

Profile match up of user types with individuals was awkward and time consuming. Should be improved as it’s a key feature of a LMS

Chris D.

Reviewed on 29/02/2016

Cornerstone OnDemand

What do you like best?

Cornerstone OnDemand offers a lot of customization to fit a large variety of different types of companies. The system can be quite flexible in many areas, and the quarterly releases do a lot to allow you to prepare for new features. The LMS functionality is quite robust, allowing for online courses, customizable certifications, instructor-led courses, and much more.

What do you dislike?

It can be quite intimidating for a first-timer to navigate the various settings and menus of the system. There are a lot of resources for troubleshooting issues, but doesn't seem to be well-organized or the information is out-of-date. Could be better use of just-in-time training.

Cristina D.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 15/01/2019

cornerstone

Pros

I like the how it helps me learn new skills and and new information through this platform. As a visual learner it can provide interactive options by answering quiz questions.

Cons

Sometimes the system is faulted by not showing a training task is completed; however, this only happened in one situation.

Karl-henri L.

Reviewed on 06/11/2015

Easier than most

Pros:
- Learner Emails are easy to setup
- Security model is simplified
- Transcript is simple to understand
- Report engine is powerful and easy to use
- Can Create custom pages
- curricula as easy for learners
- mobile friendly even before the app
- Connect tool
- Frequent releases and patches
-Learning Calendar
- Can call a rep or enter a ticket
- Client Community
- Webex integration
- Dashboards

Cons:
- Content Publisher is a black hole
- Akamai Refresh
- Custom Reporting is not yet real-time
- Releases and patches seem to come all the time
- Cannot chat with a rep (Can call though)