About Deluxe Payroll and HR

Deluxe's online payroll solution provides your business with comprehensive, full-service payroll and HR solutions with dedicated customer service.

Browse Deluxe Payroll and HR Reviews

Christopher C.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 31/08/2021

Deluxable

Exceptional experience.

Pros

Phenomenal support. I do not understand why any smaller company pays a bookkeeper to make error when this product is perfect.

Cons

Nothing. The support if incredible and to workflow can be done fro a smart phone!

James M.

Deluxe Payroll

Very pleased.

Pros

Provided all of the compliance reporting necessary, ease of use, and cost.

Cons

Reporting by departments is limited. Would like to see reporting by departments that provide detail of employees' time in those departments.

Paylocity, Gusto and Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

ADP was too complex and expensive for our small business.

ADP Workforce Now

Cost and ease of use.
Derek W.
  • Industry: Information Services

My Review

Its been great!

Pros

Its easy and offers everything a Major company offers and a fraction of the price.

Cons

I changed my pay and have commission. Wish their was a commission template to make inputting payroll easier. No commission template but I havent asked so their may be one.... !!!

QuickBooks Payroll, ADP Workforce Now and Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

They kept messing up my taxes, cost more and customer service was not good. Had a new rep each week.

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

Pricing and function of software. They made it wasy!
Mary jo V.

Reviewed on 22/07/2021

Ease of use, cost efficient

Pros

The software is very easy to use as it is like an excel spreadsheet. Set up can be very customized for all company benefits so that tracking is accurate. I am able to pull necessary reports for year end, for workers comp audit and for 401k census reporting so it is very helpful in all those areas.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is that the certified payroll function is an all or nothing product. We have done perhaps three or four projects over the ten years I have been using the software and the unfortunate thing is that I have to pay for that access each time I process even when it does not pertain.

Response from Deluxe Enterprise Operations

Hi Mary Jo, thank you for the review. We are happy you are enjoying the platform. Please contact your Deluxe Customer Service representative if you need any additional training or have any questions or concerns. Have a great day!

Deluxe Payroll & HR Support

Pat F.
  • Used for 2+ years

Deluxe Payroll Review

When I first compared Deluxe with other companies, the selling point was [SENSITIVE CONTENT] . She was very helpful in answering my questions and getting me the best price. She was available almost anytime I needed her. Once I was assigned my "contact" person, communication wasn't as available. I have had a couple situations but, again, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was able to get it resolved in a quick manner.

Pros

The basic software (adding new employees and biweekly payroll) appeared to be simple and easy to use.

Cons

The software is not user friendly if you need to get reports. The terminology used is difficult to find, especially if you don't use it everyday.

Reviewed on 23/07/2021

Payroll Processing Made Easy for Small Businesses

My overall experience has been great! The customer service folks are very responsive. This software meets our needs and is very easy to use.

Pros

If you are a small business and are looking for a simple solution to your payroll processing, Deluxe Payroll and HR is your solution. This software is so easy to use and very inexpensive. There are only 10 employees at my company. I can process my semi-monthly payroll in 5-15 minutes each time. I have a template where I enter the current hours or simply pay the regular salary to salaried employees. Then you review and submit. It's so easy! As soon as you submit your payroll, your reports are available immediately. Deluxe files all the reports for us electronically.

Cons

This software may not be as robust as others when it comes to integration with other software programs. I have never really investigated to find out because my company is so small, and we don't really have the need for such integrations. I do have to upload my 401k transactions to another website manually, but that doesn't take long to do at all. The reports I need to do so are in Deluxe Payroll.

Vicki D.

Deluxe Payroll Review

We only use Payroll, not HR & my experience has been great. If I have question, my CR is always quick to answer & give me guidance.

Pros

Ease of use is paramount. It's super user friendly. Training someone is easy.

Cons

I can't think of any cons, but we have a simple payroll.

Melanie K.
  • Industry: Automotive

Really easy to use

Pros

This payroll system is the easiest one that I have ever used and I have used all the major ones throughout the years. Price is great also

Cons

Reports could be a little easier to find

Matt P.
  • Industry: Semiconductors

My review

Very good deal for the money but more time consuming than it should be at first because of the lack of any instructions or training. But so far I've been able to figure everything out that I need to. Good customer service for when I've gotten stuck but it seems like some really basic design changes could reduce Deluxe's customer service costs quite a bit.

Pros

Easy to use, good deal for the money, good customer support.

Cons

No training. No online manual or contextual help function of any useful sort. I kind of had to figure it out, which wasn't hard for most things. For example, a brief description of what is contained in each of the various reports would be helpful (it took me far to long to find copies of my 941's for example).

Elizabeth T.

HR relief

Pros

All we have to do for payroll is enter hours and everything is done, child support garnishments, quarterly taxes, it’s a breeze!

Cons

We use this only for payroll currently, we’re in the process of setting up the time tracking. Everything has been great so far.

Patrick H.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Onboarding Staffing Company

We use deluxe payroll and SwipeClock to run payroll for up to 150 employees every 2 weeks. We are still hoping to automate some of the process, but we have found a way to make it work for us.

Pros

We needed this solution on a tight timeline and the initial onboarding was quick.

Cons

The software isn't intuitive and many features require Deluxe staff to set-up, which is complicated and time consuming to initiate. Onboarding customer service can be challenging to reach and coordinate with. Once on the phone, they are very helpful.

Workday HCM

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

At the time of purchase, we didn't expect our company to grow at the rate it did and Deluxe seemed like a better option for a small firm. A significant portion of this decision was based on price. Workday includes features that we didn't expect needing or utilizing. In some ways, we have outgrown the user friendliness of Deluxe.
Edward L.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 22/07/2021

works great for our small organazation

overall very positive

Pros

Deluxe does all the tax filings, which is very time consuming for me to do on my own.

Cons

can't seem to find a way to add non taxed items like mileage reimbursements and meals.

Arold C.

Reviewed on 18/08/2021

If I could spare the time to locate another vendor.

unhappy, Not loving it.
reporting delays errors and fraudulent checks being made

Pros

I did like the company when it delivered in all the above areas

Response from Deluxe Enterprise Operations

Hi Arold, thank you for your feedback on the Deluxe Payroll & HR platform. We want to connect with you to better understand your concerns. Please send us an email to [email protected] so we can connect directly with you. Please include your company name & contact information in your message.

Deluxe Payroll & HR support

Ann B.
  • Industry: Maritime

Easy to Use!

My customer service re, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], is fantastic! i cannot say enough good things about her. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] always responds immediately and helps me answer any questions. she is knowledgeable and always helpful.

Pros

it is easy to enter times and add new employees.

Cons

i have a problem running payroll reports. The titles of the reports do not always line up with the info i ma looking for.

Jeffrey L.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Controller

Self service option frees up my time.

Pros

Common sense ease of use. Self service option is a big plus for employees.

Cons

Ad-hoc reporting could be improved. Would like it to be a little easier to create my own reports.

Christopher P.

Software

Pros

I love the ease of use, reports, and employee selp online accessibility

Cons

I think it should have a faq section.

Hoory H.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

easy to use

i don't use it

Pros

its very user friendly i enjoy working with them

Cons

program its not complicated at all we love it

Gail W.
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 23/08/2021

Deluxe Services Reveiw

Pros

Tasks are laid out in an easy to follow order.

Cons

My issues are not with the software but with the Deluxe team's support on occasion. Some support people have read back instructions to me instead of trouble shooting the problems presented.
Currently, the changes Deluxe has made with their banking has affected my clients. Deluxe sent emails suggesting problems with processing payroll payments and tax payments was related to the client; however, the issue was created by Deluxe changing banks. In this circumstance, a better approach would be for Deluxe to notify clients of a change and helped get the change done, proactively and not reactively.

Jessica G.

Needs better custom service

Good

Pros

Ease of use, in regards to the online site.

Cons

The representative is not very helpful and not timely in response.

Response from Deluxe Enterprise Operations

Hi Jessica, thank you for your feedback on the Deluxe Payroll & HR platform. We want to connect with you to better understand your concerns. Please send us an email to [email protected] so we can connect directly with you.
Please include your company name & contact information in your message.

Deluxe Payroll & HR support

Melissa C.

Deluxe Review

Pros

I like that this system is easy to use!!

Cons

I think it is all good. I wouldn't change anything

Kathi L.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Easy monthly payroll

This software has been simple to navigate. From monthly payroll for a small company to obtaining quarterly reports especially for PPP and COVID loans, this software has made each task very simple.

Pros

Reporting is very easy. Setting up new employees is a snap.

Cons

At this time, there is nothing to dislike.

Collette W.

Reviewed on 26/07/2021

Pros

This payroll software is very easy to use. I can enter payroll and finish the process in less than 10 minutes

Cons

I have had a few problems with getting an answer from customer service, but nothing to bad.

Gail M.

Reviewed on 22/07/2021

Very poor system design and accuracy

The managers and payroll reps I have worked with are all courteous, helpful and pleasant..... which I'm sure has been challenging for them given my level of frustration with the ongoing problems. But I do want to give them very high marks for being professional and helpful.....I know your system inadequacies are not their fault.

However, your sales reps also leave something to be desired. I was given incorrect information on a NUMBER of items, that would have made a difference in my selection of Deluxe if I had complete and honest information. I don't think I was intentionally deceived in being given information, but your people promised things that were not possible, or that were misrepresented, most likely out of their lack of knowledge and/or training.

Pros

It is VERY easy to use, and the actual payroll processing function works well.

Cons

You have a very antiquated system in that it cannot accommodate a company with multiple pay cycles and be able to produce accurate governmental reports. After 3 quarters of INCORRECT quarterly reports, it was finally determined that a 2nd database would need to be created for hourly (semi-weekly) payroll cycles, and the original database would be kept for salaried (monthly) payrolls. Although I was assured that the 2 databases would produce combined accurate quarterly reports, this has not been the case and I am very frustrated. If an employee who starts out as hourly is transitioned to salary, they must be deleted from the hourly database and manually entered (wages) in the salaried database. If this isn't done correctly, we end up 2 W-2's, etc, etc, etc. A VERY CUMBERSOME process. Spend some money and get a real payroll system that can function in a real world where companies have multiple pay cycles.

James M.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Good Value

Overall Deluxe has been a great addition to my company. I have had not issues that were not corrected within one day, and generally all I have to do is make a phone call to my support rep and my issue is solved.

Pros

I like the ease of use and it only take minutes to complete my payroll. The customer service has also been top notch.

Cons

Setting up local and school taxes was the worst thing about using this system. I would like it if the system did the checking of local taxes, instead of having to look this up and input it myself.Over

ADP Workforce Now and QuickBooks Online Advanced

Reasons for Choosing Deluxe Payroll and HR

They made things too difficult, they did not make me feel as though I was important.

Paycor

Reasons for Switching to Deluxe Payroll and HR

Ease of use and cost structure.
Bettye H.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Used for 2+ years

HR service

Only thing I don't like is that when the payroll withholding or employer tax rates increase I am not advised. When I ask the support staff, I do not feel she is interested in speaking to me. If I had received an email, I would not have to call -- just go into the system

Pros

I like to access during my time when it is convenient.

Cons

I don't think it is easy to get the reports when you don't do it often. The tool bar doesn't explain how to get the reports. Also, I receive an email and also a copy of the bill -- don't understand why I receive both