GrubHub Reviews

About GrubHub

Grubhub is a cloud-based takeout and delivery solution designed for organizations and restaurants to streamline the process of food ordering, payments and distribution. The platform allows businesses to set up recurring food...

3.9

Browse GrubHub Reviews

Kelly
Kelly
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 11/03/2021

A Little Pricey but Was Lifesaver After My Surgery

Overall I enjoyed using GrubHub and I was very sad when my gift cards were gone! I have used it a few times since then, paying everything myself. That should tell you a lot, because as I said earlier, I'm very cheap. I don't normally spend money on something like delivery fees when I can do it myself. But sometimes you just need the convenience of delivery and GrubHub does a great job.

Pros

I had surgery in August 2020 and was unable to make dinner or have much use of my arms. A friend of my started a meal train for me and many of my out of town friends sent me Grub Hub gift cards. This was the first time I'd used Grub Hub, as I'm notoriously cheap and didn't want to pay the extra fees for delivery. I have to admit, I about became addicted! The app was super easy to use and had most of my favorite restaurants. It was so nice to have all of those choices at my fingertips, and to have delicious dinners just show up at my door like magic! Every driver did a fabulous job and we had no issues at all. Grub Hub was a lifesaver!

Cons

There were a few restaurants I wanted that weren't in the app, but I guess that is the restaurant's choice to participate. I do feel like the fees are too high to use the app too much, but when you are ill or truly can't make or get out to buy food it well worth the price you are paying.

Reviewed on 01/09/2022

Very Similar to Competitors

Overall, my experience with GrubHub is not much different than my experience with DoorDash, Postmates, or most other food delivery applications. I alternate between using these 3 apps in particular quite regularly.

Pros

GrubHub's mobile app is intuitive and easy to navigate, their customer service is top notch, and on a more granular level, the ability to search past orders differentiates GrubHub from its competitors. They are also incredibly communicative if an order you've placed requires cancellation, as they send out a text, email, and even call you to notify you. Their additional fees tend to be less than services like Postmates or DoorDash as well.

Cons

GrubHub does seem to have a noticeably limited selection of restaurants compared to DoorDash or Postmates. This setback in and of itself may lead me to seek out an alternative food delivery app, considering the majority of its features are comparable, if not identical, to its competitors.

Miguel
Miguel

Reviewed on 03/05/2021

Convenient and efficient software to order food

I use this software on a daily basis to order food when I am working on site at work or on the weekends when i do not feel like cooking. If delivery is not chosen, you have the option to pick up at a certain time and this is very time efficient, it saves you a lot of time. The delivery drivers are very efficient and if there are any issues, costumer services is always there to assist. Overall, this is an extremely sophisticated software to order food online.

Pros

From my personal experience with this online ordering software, I find it to be very efficient and convenient when it comes to finding the best places to eat near your location. One of my favorite features is that you have the option to either have your food delivered to your location or pick it up at the restaurant at a certain time. This features allows me to choose the most convenient time to pick up the food. Moreover, you have the option to preorder as well for the next day and this is very convenient when you have events at home with guests . One of my most used features is the "start group order" and it allows you to invite your friends to order together. This is a very unique features that most online ordering softwares have not implemented yet and it is indeed a very important one. This software is definitely my go to application when ordering online.

Cons

I have had a couple of issues with the software, however, the costumer service is very fast and efficient and always find a solution to the issue at hand. Maybe, one of the features that could be implemented is the tracking your order features with the pick up and drop off process to facilitate the experience. Other than that, this software is very sophisticated and efficient.

Top GrubHub Alternatives

Steven

Reviewed on 13/10/2023

My Take on GrubHub

My overall experience is nice with using GrubHub to order food. Feels nice to use it alongside DoorDash and Uber Eats.

Pros

I like using Grubhub for ordering food as delivery and takeaways. I enjoy getting the foods I wanted to order from and even get nice deals. I got a free year of GrubHub thanks to Amazon Prime Day days ago.

Cons

What I wish that GrubHub can work on is at least have a heads up display for maps what car and what driver is it. I wish it's like on the same page as DoorDash and even for Uber Eats too.

Erin

Reviewed on 31/01/2021

Meals at your door

Pros

What i like the most about this software is that it takes a collection of local restaurants in your area and lets you choose where you want food from.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing that i dislike about this software all the features are amazing and the step by step tracking the order is always helpful

Sondra
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 14/03/2024

Horrible Company

Horrible and I will never use them or refer them ever again

Pros

There are no pros to this company in my opinion

Cons

If I could give them less than a star I would. I placed an order for lunch about 9is in the am. I get a message from them at 11:50am that my order was cancelled. No real explanation. I am at work and have no way of leaving, so I was left with no lunch. To make things even worse, they send me a $5 off coupon that has to be used today. This is only the second attempt at their service and both were horrible. First one my order was late and the driver explained to me that this happens if another order comes in before they get to me and if they are closer, they get their order before I get mine. I'm glad I'm on a free trial with Amazon (I will be letting Amazon know they are using a horrible company) otherwise I would have been even more upset. When I tried to order from somewhere else, it was well over an hour and past my lunch time. Thanks for ruining my lunch for me GrubHub. I will never use your service and for sure make sure I let everyone know how horrible your service is.

Shanice
Shanice
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 04/05/2022

It needs work

It was a hit or miss but the customer service is what keeps me when I have a problem its taken care of .

Pros

The ability to track my order and get customer service by phone when something is wrong .

Cons

The prices and promotion's don't always work as advertised . The drivers sometimes take your food and complete the delivery without the food being delivered.

• Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 16/04/2022

My favorite online ordering service

Overall, GrubHub has been great. You get much better deal than if you order from restaurants directly. You can also browse an find new places you never heard about before.

Pros

Started using them more during the Pandemic.
Selection is great. You can easily find a place you know, as well as browse through selections.
Once you become a user you will receive the promotions quiet often. $5 off, 7$off, etc.
You can choose delivery or pickup.

Cons

I never encountered any issues. I heard someone complaint they do not recieve promotions, but as I mentioned, you only receive them if you order t least once a while.

Reviewed on 25/07/2021

Grubhub Ordering

We use Grubhub to order food for team events and so far they have done a great job.

Pros

Grubhub makes food ordering easy and straightforward for work and business events. I like the clean design of the platform and the easy order management and follow-up with support.

Cons

They have added a bunch of new charges and fees which add up with the order. The support has been a bit sketchy at times.

Reviewed on 09/09/2021

GH is the best of all the food delivery companies

I use it weekly if not more. I work a ton and its nice to get some food delivered so I don't have to waste time or gas getting out there. Free delivery with GH+ is a huge bonus.

Pros

I like most about GH is their service. GH+ is a fair price, food doesn't cost too much over normal price like uber eats, and the food is almost always on time.

Cons

GH+ stores of a franchise don't auto populate if they aren't the closest one to you.

urvi
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 26/05/2021

Affordable Meals

My overall experience with app was alright, it really depends on the location at which you are using the app as it the number of restaurants using this app can be limited compared to other apps.

Pros

The app provides a decent platform for food delivery and ordering services, with local restaurants. Dpending on the location of the store sometimes this plat form provides cheaper options than other mobile food delivery apps.

Cons

When I first downloaded the app it took a few tries for it to recognize and load the location to show possible options even with strong network bandwidth on my phone. The app however has more average layout and bit of a unclear navigation as to the distance or where your food is . The prices also sometimes goes higher for the delivery and services fees, doesn't seem to have a consistent price (this is not taking into account tips).

April
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 10/08/2021

GrubHub for all your hunger needs

Overall experience has been very great and we are very satisfied with this product

Pros

What I like most basically about this software is the ease of use and the compatibility with most devices and the fast ability to get food from a facility to a person or meeting or wherever quickly.

Cons

There are a lot of parts of the apps that I think that need improvement. I think the modifications portion of the app is very important. I think the menu portion from each restaurant or facility needs to be updated very frequently. The ability to make changes or substitutions and things like that are not user-friendly. Or they’re not even available.

Reviewed on 03/03/2022

Amazing service

Pros

It allows me to order food for employees in a pandemic with ease

Cons

It's costly at points - service fees. It can be unnecessary to pay costs for simply delivery, upon the price of tip already

Cole
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 21/07/2022

Grubhub Review

Pros

I love the number of options it offers in my city. I can easily hop on the app and order food to my doorstep in minutes. Super convenient and easy to use, especially since the pandemic.

Cons

Sometimes I'm frustrated with the fees. Seem to be excessive sometimes. I've also had restaurants not available to me during normal business hours. Might be an error on the restaurant side of things and not Grubhub though.

Daja
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 15/07/2021

Helps our business thrive

GrubHub takes care of all of the deliveries, giving us more time to focus on customers and quality

Pros

I love that this software takes care of it all, we just have to prepare the food! It manages the drivers and gives us the info we need

Cons

Finding a driver can be tricky sometimes, and customer service isn’t empathetic at all, especially when orders have to be remade due to lack of delivery drivers

chanel
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 24/10/2022

Grubhub

Pros

food prices are close to the actual store prices. It is easy to give a tip to your driver. Customer service is very good a resolving issues. There is a large variety of places to chose from.

Cons

sometimes there is a hard time finding drivers. A lot of times the food is cold or takes too long to be delivered. If a driver messes up an order you are not able to take your tip back.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 07/07/2021

Not Reliable and overly expensive

It's nice to get things delivered on a whim especially if you are too busy during the day to go out and pick something up.

Pros

It's nice to be able to order anything you want right away and easily be able to track delivery time.

Cons

The customer service is awful- there are always issues with delivery, it is overpriced and there are absurd amounts of fees applied at the end, something is always wrong with the order.

Neeraja

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

Great app for food ordering with wide variety of restaurants

Overall, GrubHub has great customer service and features .

Pros

The app is easy to navigate around. It has a wide variety of restaurants available. The zip code shows closeby vendors.

Cons

GrubHub orders your food from the vendor as though it is you. They do this to avoid paying the service fee. Small businesses suffer as a result of this.

Victoria
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 15/07/2021

Grubhub review

It’s been an ok experience. I find the fees expensive and it is not the first app I go to for ordering online food.

Pros

It gave me a chance to order what I wanted without leaving my house. Love this on rainy days or just lazy days.

Cons

If they mess up your order there is not much you can do. You just have to make it work and can’t change the tip afterwards.

KALIANI
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 02/08/2021

Easy

Pros

What I liked about this software was the variety of restaurants

Cons

What can be improved is the wait times,sometimes it goes over

Sara
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 29/05/2021

GrubHub

Pros

It's easy to use and being able to get food delivered from many different restaurants I absolutely love

Cons

The fees and delivery charges are sometimes a little outrageous

Joseph
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 29/11/2023

Great App to order food while not having to leave my desk!

I have had a great experience with Grubhub. Food has always been delivered on time and with a good temperature.

Pros

Love the ease of ordering food on the app! Great selection of restaurants, and the deliveries have always been on time for me.

Cons

Nothing really, this is a great app! Maybe more promos?

Kimberly
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Reviewed on 29/11/2023

GrubHub is Fantastic while traveling!

Fantastic experience with GrubHub! I use the program a lot while traveling for work.

Pros

It is very easy to use, its tracker is very accurate, and I get a discount through Amazon Prime.

Cons

The fees can be expensive on occasion which can hinder me from using.

Reviewed on 18/06/2021

A good food delivery platform which can be improved further

Good app to order food. However, other competitors often have better deals and a better UI/platform which makes me want to switch

Pros

Good assortment of restaurants and good selection of food items. Wide coverage of different cuisines. Good recommendation mechanism.

Cons

The mobile app is not user-friendly, and is less 'smart' than contemporaries like Doordash. Delivery times are long. Incentives such as promo codes and coupons are not frequently offered.

Reviewed on 15/04/2022

Want more customers to get your food delivered? Use this!

Pros

I love how prompt the setup process was. They delivered the tablet really fast and they are quick to respond to the emails.

Cons

Didn't really find anything I did not like about this software