About Powerpay

Powerpay by Ceridian is a cloud-based payroll and HR software for small businesses in Canada. This solution is designed to help eliminate the need for manual processes and paperwork when managing employee information. Powerpay...

Browse Powerpay Reviews

Karen C.

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

when I came on board with this company, no one can really teach me how to use the system. I was able to figure it out in some areas, and some I had to call in and get the direction. But all those experiences are effortless. That's how I came to love Powerpay

Pros

It is very easy to use. Training that I got from Powerpay was seamless, the associates are very knowledgeable

Cons

It is not easy to pull reports. If you find a report there's no filter. You have to extract the whole thing and filter it yourself that way

Response from Ceridian

Hi Karen - Thank you so much for your feedback! We're happy to hear that you find Powerpay easy to use. It is great that our support team was able to assist you through the learning process!

Kimberley H.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Take the easy out of Payroll

Confident that our taxes are being calculated probably and submitted on time to CRA. Employees pay stubs are clear to read and deductions are handled probably

Pros

Easy integration from start to finish for a new company. I also had the experience of changing products and the integration and transition was easy. Clean templates. Easy to find what you are looking for. Easy to use the applications and great resources to use withi the application

Cons

Would like the ability to look at employees without having to open a pay period

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

I like the product and the customer service. Well worth its money. Customer Service always ready and cheerful to help

Response from Ceridian

Hi Kimberley - Thank you so much for your feedback! We are so happy to hear that you find our solution helpful when it comes to processing your payroll! We now have functionality to allow you to view employees outside of a pay period and we'd love to walk you through that! Thank you again for leaving a review!

Replied 16/12/2020
Jerry P.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 11/01/2021

EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE

We are smaller type Mental Health agency, so we do not have an HR function. When I have a HR or payroll issue I need guidance with, 99 times out of 100 when I have called Ceridian I have received concise information to apply and complete the transaction. The PowerPay team is very patient and knowledgeable to guide you on tax interpretations on areas I do not have full knowledge.
In particular I have found the guidance on termination/severance /ROE to be invaluable to me.

Pros

Generally I find the Power Pay application is well laid out and easy to understand. I have used the PowerPay software for + 12 years, and the most recent update or change was easy to follow and understand.
If an error has occurred with your work on a tab you are always warned that the page contains an error and that you cannot proceed until the error has been corrected. The software is truly customer oriented and the sequence of order of applications is easy to follow.

Cons

I do find the internal HR reports are very general in nature and have seldom used them to assist with employee lists.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Jerry - Thank you for the feedback! We're so happy that you've been able to lean on our world class customer service team to help you through any challenges you might have. Thank you for your business and loyalty over the last 12+ years!

Replied 22/01/2021

Top Powerpay Alternatives

Nathan L.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 04/12/2020

Ceridian Powerpay is a user-friendly, cost-effective payroll management system

Powerpay makes payroll and HR management a breeze. It takes care of remittances, filing, government and CRA requirements, T4, ROE etc etc. Without Ceridian we would need additional staff to take care of payroll. Ceridian is a fantastic product that I highly recommend.

Pros

I like how Powerpay can do everything I want - track salaries and benefits, process payroll, provide reports, provide ROE and T4 etc. It's a user-friendly product that makes payroll easy to administer. I also really appreciate their phone support - it's very quick and easy to call in, wait times are short and Ceridian phone staff always answer my questions. Powerpay makes my life easier, a very effective product that I have recommended to others and one that I will continue using in the future. They also offer a good variety of training and support classes.

Cons

It can be daunting to learn the product. There are a lot of menus and I feel they could be consolidated and better organized. Once you learn where everything is, it's easy to use the product.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Nathan - Thank you so much for your detailed review of Powerpay. We are so happy to hear that you are satisfied. We also appreciate your feedback around product training and navigation and we will take those items away to review.

Thank you again and please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any questions!

Replied 11/12/2020
Jennifer M.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 13/07/2021

Powerpay Review

Pros

Powerpay is very easy to use as a payroll system. The information is inputted and the system does the rest! The reports are generated automatically and are available at any time. If ever there was support needed, questions were answered quickly and efficiently and problems were solved! Another benefit that is appreciated is the email reminders we receive a day before payroll is due for submission. If there happens to be a holiday interfering with regular schedules, we are made aware well in advance and therefore do not miss any critical deadlines. We have been using this company for our business since opening in 2010 and would recommend it to anyone looking for a solution for their payroll needs!

Cons

The software often provides updates regarding taxation changes or government incentives that may be useful to your organization. The updates received include reports for every province rather than just ones that pertain to our region. It can be time consuming sifting through the updates to find the ones that pertain to your company specifically.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Jennifer - thank you for your feedback, especially around the reporting elements when it comes to changes in taxation or regulations. We'd love to discuss further with you!

Replied 22/07/2021
Michelle L.

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

Accounting Everything

I have not encountered any issues with Ceridian in the last 9 years.

Pros

I have used it for years. I have recommended it to many of my bookkeeping clients. I find it user friendly, convenient to access older info and easy to speak to customer service.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this product.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Michelle - Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your loyalty over the last 9 years and are delighted that you still find Powerpay meets your needs.

Janice F.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Great value for service

Having a team of professionals who can answer questions in a quick and professional manner has been so refreshing compared to our last provider

Pros

Setup process was smooth and assistance provided each step of the way.

Cons

I would like to see a holiday pay calculation feature.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Janice - Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

Replied 08/02/2021
Nicole M.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

Great software package

Excellent customer support team

Pros

Very user friendly, and customizable. Great customer support.

Cons

That you have to open a new payroll if you want to see and edit the employee profile

Response from Ceridian

Hi Nicole - Thank you for your feedback! We now have functionality that allows you to access employee info without entering the pay period. We'd love to walk you through that!

Replied 03/05/2021
Jenna A.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 13/01/2021

Review of Powerpay

I am extremely satisfied with powerpay. In addition to the easy to use software I have called the customer help line many times. I have received exceptional service and advice and am always greeted with knowledge and kindness. I will recommend to others.

Pros

The powerpay portal is extremely easy to use. The layout is well done and makes it easy to learn and understand. It is also a program that is quick and efficient.

Cons

The only complaint I have about the software is that you’re not able to access a lot of information without having a run open. I would prefer to be able to have that information on the side bar to access quickly. Sometimes I can’t access that information when our payroll is being processed. Other than that I have no issues with the software.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Jenna - Thank you for your feedback! We're so happy to hear that you are satisfied with Powerpay and our customer support team! We now have the ability to access employee info without having to be in a pay period, we'd love to walk you through that! Thanks again!

Replied 25/01/2021
Eve T.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Ease of Use & Good Functionality

Powerpay let's me process my payroll quickly and effectively, and allows for seamless report integration with my accounting software. My monthly time spent doing payroll is minimum which allows me to spend time on other elements of my business.

Pros

This product is easy to use - in both accessing the program, accessing reports and the data entry. When having to pull a report, it is easily found and parameters are easily set. Easily read reports help me analyze my payroll as well as make it easy for me to enter the data into my accounting software.

Cons

Sometimes setting up an employee for self-service functions is a little clunky.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Eve - Thank you for your feedback around Powerpay! We're delighted to hear that it makes payroll easier and saves you time!

Ellen E.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 03/02/2021

Friendly customer service and high customizability

I have used Powerpay since 2018. While I occasionally find the user interface to be confusing, the customer service has always been excellent. Our employees like that their paystubs are detailed and easy to read. The electronic delivery of year-end forms saves us the headache of tracking down employees who have changed addresses since they left our employment. I would recommend Powerpay to colleagues in the industry without hesitation.

Pros

I like that I can input various types of income (hourly, salary, various salareis) and it is presented clearly on the employee pay stub.

Cons

It is sometimes difficult to figure out how to use a function for the first time- it could be more user-friendly.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Ellen - Thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate your business and insight, we're happy to hear that our customer service team has been excellent!

Replied 05/02/2021
Kim O.
  • Industry: Machinery

Requested - Review

Always have had good customer support.

Pros

User Friendly - Processing the company's payroll is a necessity and using this software helps make the task go quickly because of the repetitive steps.

Cons

n/a - I am unable to think of any specific item(s).

Response from Ceridian

Hi Kim - Thank you for your feedback! We're glad to hear that Powerpay helps to make things easier for you!

Replied 22/12/2020
Esther W.
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

I like it and it is generally easy to ise

Pros

Power pay is easy to use and customer service is very helpful.

Cons

A little bit confusing for me when producing Record of employment.

RUN Powered by ADP

Reasons for Switching to Powerpay

I used Ceridian’s service before from another client.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Esther - Thank you for your feedback!

Sylvain L.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Great software! Great support team! from a long time user.

Pros

We have been using this software since 2011.
The interface is very user friendly. It is easy to get information quickly and our employees can access their own information easily using self services. PowerPay reduces the amount of time doing the payroll drastically. I trust the team behind it and any communication/requests have been answered quickly and with all the professionalism you would expect. Great software! Great support team!

Cons

I have nothing negative to share. My experience with PowerPay is totally positive.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Sylvain - Thank you so much for your feedback! We love to hear that you enjoy using Powerpay and we appreciate your loyalty!

Replied 18/12/2020
Bernard B.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

PowerPay - Digital Change During COVID

Initially it was a bit confusing, however, one particular phone call with support and the person walked us through the process and suddenly it became much easier

Pros

Our organization was not on the full PowerPay program prior to COVID, so the movement on to the platform and with our staff working remotely, enabled our staff and organization keep up to date and currently on payroll activity during the pandemic. At a time when everyone is concerned for finances, cash flow and keeping their work flowing, PowerPay was a great help.

Cons

Our initial issues with the PowerPay were around not really knowing how the system and platform worked, so there was a learning curve in terms of utilizing the system to our best advantage. Once we figured it all out, it is working for us.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Bernard - Thank you so much for your feedback and we're are very happy to hear that Powerpay was able to help you throughout the COVID pandemic.

Cecilia C.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

review by administrator

Reliable and stress free

Pros

Easy to use, reliable, stress free, easy to reach out for support if needed

Cons

The web page takes some getting used to initially, but after that it is easy

Response from Ceridian

Hi Cecilia - Thank you for your feedback, it is very much appreciated!

Replied 15/12/2020
Aisha S.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

The best payroll platform

Pros

Easy to use - intuitive. Payroll previews very helpful. Reports are easy to convert to excel.

Cons

Nothing. This software runs perfectly and the customer service is always quick.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Aisha - Thank you very much for your feedback!

Replied 08/02/2021
Anthony M.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 06/07/2021

One Less Major Responsibility to Worry About

Practice make average. Ceridian has become routine to process payroll. I'm always confident that payroll events that arise will be able to be resolved easily in Ceridian and by the great customer support team.

Pros

Payroll processing can be a time-consuming process for a small finance/admin team. Ceridian is easy to use and most importantly have a great support team to walk you through events that do not occur on a regular basis, whether its a new hire or termination, ROE, or update.

Cons

No dislikes with Ceridian software. Very satisfied customer!

Response from Ceridian

Hi Anthony - Thank you so much for your feedback, we're so happy to hear that you are satisfied with Powerpay!

Replied 22/07/2021
Rolanda G.

Reviewed on 22/04/2021

Rolanda's review

I enjoy the program, getting payroll done at any time of the day works very well for me. When I did have help I got answers right away and we were back up and running. I have mentioned Ceridian to others when asked about a good payroll program.

Pros

I like that the program is so user friendly. I can get my payroll completed with ease.

Cons

dislike I cannot save a new hire or Roe without filling it out in full. I needed to answer a customer and lost my enter and had to restart again.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Rolanda - Thank you very much for the feedback! We're glad to hear that you find Powerpay easy to use and that any issues have been resolved quickly.

Replied 03/05/2021
Jennifer B.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 14/01/2021

Great software for small businesses

Pros

Easy to use, straight forward software that's to the point.

Cons

More reporting features are needed to eliminate the need for manual calculations and data analysis.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Jennifer - Thank you for your feedback!

Replied 25/01/2021
Heather J.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 22/02/2021

Highly recommend this system

Pros

I cannot express how impressed I am by the Ceredian software and its support staff. The software is easy to use and if there is any question at all, the support staff are extremely helpful. I would definately recommend this product to any company looking for an accurate, user-friendly, payroll system. Very happy with this product.

Cons

The software was up and running when i started this job so i was not part of the set up.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Heather - Thank you for your feedback! We're so happy to hear that you find Powerpay easy to use and that our support team has been helpful!

Replied 26/02/2021
Taha J.

Reviewed on 12/01/2021

Made my life so much easier.

Overall it is great. Anytime I have a problem I just call in and its direct to a live agent.

Pros

Worry free. I just enter in the hours, it literally does everything else from stubs to direct deposit to T4s!

Cons

Because I usually only do simple payroll every 2 weeks...when I do need to do something such as ROE or bonus, etc, the software can be a little unintuitive so it takes a bit of playing around.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Taha - Thank you for your feedback! We're glad you've been able to lean on our support team with any challenges you have. Happy to hear Powerpay makes your life easier!

Replied 22/01/2021
Smita M.

Power with Powerpay

Pros

Once you get a hang of it the software is easy to use. Our company has been using it since the year 2002 when we outsourced our payroll. Extensive help is available and this year especially with Covid the information available has been extremely useful.

Cons

This is the only software for payroll I have used and since I do not have experience using other software I do not have any criticism.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Smita - Thank you so much for the feedback! We're so appreciative of your loyalty and we're glad we can continue to support your payroll needs.

Replied 17/12/2020
Cj K.

Reviewed on 18/05/2021

Ceridian = Amazing

All in all, Powerpay is convenient and easy to use. I would recommend it to any small business looking for a simpler way to process payroll.

Pros

Ceridian software gives me the convenience and ability to enter payroll exactly when I need to. Excellent for payroll management since timely and accurately paid employees will generate good employee morale. I especially enjoy that this product is easy to use.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about the software.

Response from Ceridian

Hi CJ - thank you so much for the kind feedback! We're happy to hear that you find Powerpay easy to use.

Replied 31/05/2021
Joanne S.

Software usage

Has been very positive and dependable.

Pros

Easy to use. The call in software support has always been dependable. The support has effective problem solving skills and applicable.

Cons

There is periodically new learning curves to learning to applications. Again software support has been adequate.

Response from Ceridian

Hi Joanne - Thank you very much for your feedback! We're glad that you find Powerpay easy to use and that our support team has been able to assist!

Replied 22/12/2020