About RetailEdge

RetailEdge is an on-premise, retail POS solution designed for small and midsize businesses. It offers mobile POS, multi-location support, website integration, credit card processing and gift card management functionalities within...

4.8
4.8

Browse RetailEdge Reviews

Reviewed on 22/10/2017

Started RetailEdge in 2013 . Quickly proved to be faster, easier & 1/5 the cost of POS used...

Saves money, makes money, saves time analyzing and ordering products.

Pros

Pre-made Reports export to excel with 1 click. The customer loyalty program alone is worth the price of the program. The stand alone laptop workstations let me work anywhere. The support is personable, quick and detailed.

Cons

Some of the reports I use the most require extra steps to create. There is a nice feature which gives you extra "custom" database fields for inventory and customers - but you cannot change the generic labels - which makes it hard to keep consistent across multiple users.

Kaitlyn

Reviewed on 18/05/2021

Retail Edge is great for my business!

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was great helping set up the software, training me on how to enter inventory and use it for everyday use. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was also great along the way answering all my questions and helped us order our gift cards, which we love! The technical support team has been amazing and is always eager to help! They even find problems before you do. Everyone I have come in contact with has been friendly and helpful. I can't say enough great things about this software and how amazing it has been for my retail store. I implemented Retail Edge from day 1 and I am so happy I did! Especially with the pandemic. If I did not have the seamless integrated with Shopify, I can't say I would still be open today. That really saved me and kept customers thinking about my store! I can't say enough good things about Retail Edge!!

Pros

Retail Edge is so easy to use! The checkout process is straightforward and hard to make a mistake. The integration with Shopify is great for my business because I have the same inventory instore and online. The reporting is amazing to help analyze my business. The gift cards Retail Edge offers are nice to offer to customers and easy to use when checking out. The purchase order section is great for retail because you can easily see what hasn't come in and what you should cancel. I also like that the Retail Edge team is constantly updating the software and staying up to date so you don't have to. I have used most features that Retail Edge offers and I love most of them!

Cons

I love so much about this software but if I had to change anything it would be to make the security feature easier to use. I want to be able to lock the sales manager so employees can not see how much money is made, which you can do, but every time I lock it, I mess something else up. Also, one thing I have run into with the online integration is when people buy gift cards in store and want to use them online and vice versa. If there was some way to make gift cards able to use both instore and online, that would be awesome! So, just making those things easier would be so helpful and make this software perfect for my business!

Clover, Lightspeed Retail and Shopify

Reasons for Switching to RetailEdge

Retail Edge had the best options for my business, at the best prices. When shopping around, I constantly came back to Retail Edge and ultimately realized it was the best. The integrated with Shopify was a huge draw for me because I need both instore and online, and I did not want to have two separate inventories. I talked to other retail store owners that had Retail Edge and heard great things from them so that drew me in as well. Ultimately, Retail Edge had a great software, at a great price, with the features I needed most for my business. It was an easy choice!!
Melissa

Reviewed on 02/11/2017

Mostly good, with a few major frustrations.

Ease of checking out customers and keeping track of inventory.

Pros

Pretty simple and explanatory interface. Not difficult to teach new hires how to use. Tech support is usually pretty speedy and efficient.

Cons

Every time there's an update with the software or with Windows 10, we have to call tech support because something becomes incompatible or switched off. Also unhappy that we started out being able to use our POS as a touch screen, and when Windows 10 became the operating system, it was no longer able to operate as touch screen, tacking on time to our checkout speed.

Some of the report functions are a bit tedious to use.

Many customers unhappy that we can't tell them how far along in the loyalty program they are without us doing some major research; wish it was just automatically tracked in their account.

Top RetailEdge Alternatives

Square Point of Sale

Quickbooks Point of Sale

Dale

Reviewed on 14/05/2021

Excellent Product

Oh! This has been a great experience for managing inventory and for processing sales in a professional manner. Both for the customer and cashier's experience.

Pros

I like that I have the option of Free email tech support and that updates are reasonably priced via the bronze package. The replies are always courteous and helpful. Plus, I know that I have the paid one off tech support service which I used once due to the urgency of the issue. I can't complain about the actual software because I am extremely satisfied.

Cons

I wish that I could refund a store credit via cash instead of only being able to apply it to an invoice. Sometimes, I need to refund a customer their store credit and I have to do lots of work arounds.

It would be nicer to have a totally revamped discount system. I find creating promotions and renewing them tedious. The options are adequate, but the interface is not user-friendly for regular changes... it just needs to be an easier faster process for the person inputting the promotions. Again, possibly a total revamp instead of updates. Maybe an up-loadable spread sheet would be an option as there are sometimes so many items to create promotions for that my ability to create promotions becomes frustrating.

Sara

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

Feature Rich, Robust & Easy to Use Store Management Software

In investigating RE, I emailed the company many, many times. I always got a prompt, complete reply that covered all of my concerns. They were patient and helped me transfer data twice, as the new computer crashed and had to be repaired, then the software reinstalled. In refining the program for my vitamin shop, they have been helpful every step of the way, often offering solutions from their own experience using RE.

Pros

-soft learning curve
-excellent reports
-feature rich
-extreme value for the price
- wicked awesome support
-easy to update inventory

Cons

- minor tweaks that may well be built in later- just getting used to another system, nothing really against RE

MELISSA
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Great system especially if you're internet is not stable

It works well with our current system.

Pros

We chose this software because we didn't have to pay a monthly fee (except for support). We liked that the inventory and reports are all included.

Cons

The software was a little confusing in the beginning. It's expensive to get new workstations but it pays for itself eventually when you use it for a longer amount of time.

Shopify POS, Vend and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Choosing RetailEdge

We needed a way to keep track of inventory and customer information.

Shopify POS, Vend and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to RetailEdge

We liked that we didn't need internet for it to work.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Hi Melissa, great feedback! We aim to keep your cost of ownership low with reasonable prices and little to no monthly fees so more money stays in your pocket. :) Thanks again! -Kayla

Replied 01/11/2019
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 13/05/2021

Intelligent Choice

We have now used RetailEdge for five years, and it has been trouble free, it has saved us at least $3,000.00 in lease fees for similar software, tremendous value for businesses large or small.

Pros

We consciously set out to find a retail software that was not a month to month rental, but one in which we could outright purchase. RetailEdge was one of the few products out there, but it is everything we wanted and more. The cost savings, despite the upfront costs of purchasing the software, it paid for itself in the first year easily. And has saved us at least $600.00 per year in rental fees for similar software products that only lease on a month to month basis.

Cons

Nothing, it ticks all the boxes we were looking for.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Choosing RetailEdge

We were literally in the stone age, for number of inventory products, inventory management, speed, we had to upgrade.

Reasons for Switching to RetailEdge

RetailEdge was a better value delivering the same if not better performance for our needs.
Marilyn

Reviewed on 15/03/2022

The great service I received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Pros

keeping track of inventory, faster sales

Cons

Hard to figure out making reports, easy to change prices

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Marilyn,
Thank you for your review! If you don't like that it is easy to change prices, you can set up security in RetailEdge that only allows clerks with certain security levels access to actions like changing prices. Check out our video tutorials on that here: https://bit.ly/364WZum
And if you ever need help with reports, don't hesitate to call or email us!

Replied 12/04/2022
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 23/10/2017

Flexible: Can be as complicated or as simple of a system that you want.

Pros

There are actually a lot of features that I like about this program. The program is "forgiving". If you make a mistake, there are lots of options for fixing your error. Voiding and reissuing a transaction is easy. You can merge items or customers if you accidentally set them up two different ways.

Also, you can use one UPC for many items using their alias feature. So, say you have a bunch of "eaches" - you only have one of that item, but you want to scan the UPC but you don't want to clog up your inventory with all of those one time items, you can add each UPC as an alias and when you scan that UPC, they are all under the same item.

To accept the "exact balance", you can just hit "+" in the payment field and it will take it as the full amount instead of having to type in the amount paid.

Cons

They took away the columns for quantity and last action date in Inventory list (unless you export). So, if you pull up the inventory list, you'd have to look at each one individually to see the quantity in stock instead of it being a column you can just view.

Diana

Reviewed on 01/02/2023

Great Customer Support

Pros

The customer support is always great. Friendly and patient!

Cons

report fields sometimes dont work and hard to get printed

Zak
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 30/10/2017

User friendly software that takes only a few days to learn. Awesome tech support! :-)

Made my product inventory easy to handle. Does not need much computer knowledge to operate. Easy to capture customer's information and use the data to develop promotions and obtain more return customers to our crystal showroom. Lots of functions for data backup and security to prevent unauthorized entry to sensitive data ( about inventory, customer info, sales and account info etc..)

Pros

I have been using RetailEdge POS since 2014. Glad to say that I'm very satisfied with this software. It's very easy to learn if one can commit just 1 to 2 hours for one week when newly bought. The functions provided are certainly worth more than the price tag of this software (I'm not kidding).
The function buttons and menu items are easy to navigate and after a few tries, it becomes natural to navigate. When compared to other competing POS software which may look more colorful and user friendly at first, they sell functions which are already included with RetailEdge as add-ons. A good example would be RetailEdge's gift card function, membership function, cupon function and many more. With the other software, you will end up paying for each add-ons and the final cost of owning that software can be quite costly.
I have been persuaded by many firms that want me to switch over to their POS software but when asked if they can give a software that has the same or more built in functions as that of RetailEdge AND at the same cost of RetailEdge, I never seem to get a reply from them...haha.
Any software is as good only if the tech support provided is reliable and prompt and the folks at RetailEdge have not failed me once. The tech support cost is again affordable when compared to other POS software. Oh, before I forget, the constant software update provided is simply awesome. You can be assured that you're in safe hands for the long term when you purchase RetailEdge POS.

Cons

Not much actually. I just hope that the gift card and membership (points system) functions can be expanded more in RetailEdge POS. These are the only functions I personally feel that has not caught up with other competing POS software. There have been many updates and improvements in RetailEdge pos EXCEPT for gift card and points system functions. If these can be made competitive with other software in the POS market, I'll be happy as lark.
Maybe as I write this review, the good folks at RetailEdge are already coding new functions and updates for the above 2 functions....finger crossed.

Sister Mary

Reviewed on 09/12/2017

We have been using RE for over 16 years; in 2015 we switched POS, but 3 mos later were back...

Pros

I like the elasticity of the program, and the ease of getting around, as I manage sales, inventory, customers, PO's, receiving, etc.
I am fairly functional in the program, yet know only a fraction of its potential. Just a few years ago, we inculcated the use of PO's in receiving, which has been to our advantage. We have full integration with our financial program, which we did not know was a possibility until we came back into RE.
The main plus, I think, though, is the great (personable) tech support we have experienced in the past few years. The techs make their program work for the individual business. A few weeks ago I had a challenge with the integration of our online store, and I could hear those guys behind the tech trying to re-create the scenario, and come up with a fix. They usually are able to create an immediate work around, but then they send a ticket to the developers for a suggested change, and sometimes that is seen on a future update.

Cons

The least thing I like about the software is a result of the best thing I like...and that is the many windows that remain open in the background. Every so often I take the time to clear the windows, to get me a fresh start.
In working with PO's and inventory, the "Edit Purchase Order Item" and "Edit Inventory" windows look identical, and it is confusing which window is being worked in. Inadvertently the 'inventory count' could be change instead of entering the 'quantity to order.'

Vicki
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Grocery Store POS

Disastrous initial training session - I had done my due diligence in selecting this software and got the "out of the box" training not at all customized to my existing knowledge, specific questions, or rapid turnover of perishable products.

I was advised to not select Gold Level customer support when calling for tech support, even though I pay for it monthly.

The software is solid and predictable, have had no issues with it working as designed. Tech support is friendly and helpful.

Pros

Simple to set up; intuitive design for Inventory Management.
Ability to track 100% of items.
Plenty of Customer Manager features.

Cons

Full, robust reports are difficult to access. Downloaded standard reports are pdfs or garbage csv that require cleaning up to utilize.
Functionality for labels is limited, especially for character counts and font size, a huge disappointment.
Adjustments to Sales Screen QuickList are cumbersome - a definite disadvantage to grocery seasonal stock rotations. It takes 8 clicks just to get to the search window to update/add/delete a QuickList item.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Hi Vicki, thanks so much for the feedback! We are very sorry to hear your initial training session was anything less than ideal. There might be some confusion with regards to our phone-based technical support, so someone will be contacting you shortly to clear that up and to address your other issues as well. We'd love to hear your suggestions on how to better the program. Thanks again! -Kayla

Replied 05/11/2019
Tara

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

Works well, updates often, easy to learn

Retailedge makes inventory a breeze, and helps us keep up with customers, their purchases, and more. It is also nice to see what the other locations are selling, what they have in their inventory and so on.

Pros

I have been using this product for over 8 years and enjoy how easy it is to teach new employees the program. Retail edge updates often enough, and the support staff is always helpful. I also like that I can use the same system at multiple locations.

Cons

I really wish this worked on a mac. I hate that I have to use PC's at work when I use macs everywhere else.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

Hi Tara, thanks so much for the kind words! In regards to the Mac issue, RetailEdge can work on a Mac using a 3rd party virtualization software like Parallels or Fusion. This is a little more involved and works well for some customers. Feel free to give us a call if you would like to learn more! -Kayla

Replied 04/11/2019
Vanessa

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

Fits my Business

Great! My questions get answered. The support is intelligent and patient. The system works. We've had a few hiccups but they usually are user error and we figure it out quick enough. We use it every day and I recommend it to everyone.

Pros

Ease of use. Common sense. Intuitive. Clean. Tons of help available when I need it. Interest in improvements and ideas. Adaptable. Works without a lot of fussing. Very affordable!

Cons

Reports don't always give me what I want. Big changes have to be done in excel and imported which I'm not comfortable doing. I'd like real time inventory update with online store. Sometimes island runs slow. There has to be a way to weed my email list so I can update regularly on mailchimp. I'd like loyalty dollars to post on their own.

Sam

Reviewed on 11/02/2019

Better then most.

I am a believer in this brand constantly being updated to increase our needs. Customer support has been awesome all the time I have no overall complaints about this software.

Pros

I like how easy it is to get started using the software. I can keep track of basic info about my inventory and it has helped us grow our company from a startup to 2 locations. I like how easy it is to make reports and it does what we need it to do keep track of Lay-ways and special orders. This software is better then others out in the market even if it has less fancy reports it still gets the job done for our store.

Cons

I least like the lack of being able to keep a printer online with out it going in to sleep mode. I was told it was not a Retail Edge problem that windows was causing it but I have gotten used to my printer not working until I disconnect it and have to re-connect it to get it to print.

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 11/07/2018

Very easy to use and straight forward. Does everything I need for my store and more.

an well made-smooth checkout for my customers and employees.

Pros

Easy to use and easy to teach new employees. Adding inventory is fast as well as grabbing reports.

Cons

Wish there was a Buy 1 Get 1 Feature for the discount. Feel like the customer information retention gets deleted after so long.

Response from High Meadow Business Solutions

David, Thanks for your review! We're so glad you like the ease of use and our comprehensive reporting features.

We do have a Buy X for Y and get Z off feature! please click <a href="http://retailedge.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3420">Here</a> to go to our forums for a step-by-step tutorial on how to set it up. Give us a call if you have any questions!

Regarding your customer information, nothing should be getting deleted since your data is local to your own computer. If you are concerned you're losing data please give Tech Support a call.

<a href="http://retailedge.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3420">Here</a>

Text

Replied 20/07/2018
Joshua

Reviewed on 14/11/2016

Easy to use and easy to set up.

I was looking for a Point of Sale Software to run my sporting goods store and the reason I chose RetailEdge was because they were the only system that I found where I could just buy it outright and not get hit with all sorts of subscription fees. The other reason I chose them was because the data was mine and it was not sitting up on someone's cloud having who knows what analyze it and mining my information. The support team is knowledgable and has ben able to help me through the small issues that all seem to be related to Windows Updates messing up printers. All in all its a good program at a good price.

Pros

Easy to use tools and my data belongs to me. I don't have to be connected to access my data. I can work in an offline mode and then synch up later.
The other big thing was credit card processing and I had a choice when it came to this unlike other companies where they only give you one option.

Gena

Reviewed on 29/07/2018

Has a lot of features and is a very good value for the money

Great inventory control and helps me to decide how/what/how many to reorder.

Pros

Most tasks can be done on the keyboard. Using a mouse slows me down on completing a transaction and we don't have touch screens, so being able to use the keyboard and hot kets, etc, is SO helpful! I've used this program for about 15 years and it's a great product at a great value. Their service is good and you get to "know" the people at the company, even though they are based on the other side of the country from me.

Cons

When looking at inventory, have to go to several different tabs to see 1) quantity in stock, 2) price that they last sold at and how many, etc. And quantity in stock is no longer a column that you can see at a glance on the inventory screen.

Tim

Reviewed on 23/10/2017

Retail Edge was a solution that allowed us a robust, feature rich system with a low entry cost.

Pros

We love that we were able to use a lot of our own hardware, we can run remotely offline with their Island system and have multiple locations. Our budget was small, but the system affordable and delivered on our needs. We like that we can talk to someone and our Gold Support Plan allows us access to technicians when we need it.

Cons

Some types of transactions are a little restrictive, however, it may be our own lack of knowledge. We continue to learn about the software and new ways to do things. Sometimes we are just too busy to learn more about it. To this end some additional webinars would be helpful routinely where we could get some online training and ask specific questions.

Vanessa

Reviewed on 11/02/2019

Best Value and Customer Service

Great. Excellent customer service and a great well priced product. I don't know what else you could ask for. I liked paying upfront and having minimal monthly fees. Most other companies have little to no up front costs but then their monthly fees are ridiculous. I plan on being in business a long time so this made the most sense to me. Maybe if you aren't sure if you'll be around in 5 years this wouldn't be for you but otherwise you will be saving a TON of money.

Pros

No monthly fees. Powerful yet simple.

Cons

Didn't work with the shopping cart on Weebly. Not able to have Loyalty dollars instantly apply.

Angie

Reviewed on 21/10/2017

User friendly & versatile

Easy to use and train new employees. Upfront cost are very reasonable and monthly cost is well worth it and affordable. Best POS system I have used for everyday sales and customer billing.

Pros

Easy to set up & use daily. New employees learn quickly. It is all around a great POS system for any type of business.

Cons

Customer search defaults to ID. Layout of customer manager takes time to navigate through. Requires a few more steps in processing a swiped credit card than I would like but probably more of a cc processor issue and not the Retail Edge software.

Sara

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Awesome is the word I would use.

Pros

It's user-friendly and has many layers so there is always some report that you can create or you can detail and customize your inventory. Minimal training when you hire new or seasonal staff. RetsilEdge's staff is very professional (I can probably name every one of them from all the help they've given me over the years and knowledgeable, they are all great!

Cons

Nothing really; As I mentioned before, it's user-friendly and can be used easily. Nothing to complain about.

Dave
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 22/10/2017

We have used Retail Edge for 20 years. It has always worked well for us.

We can track customer history, product sales and see trends in the paddlesports industry.

Pros

Customer Support is incredible, when you call in you get real people who understand the product and can solve your problem in a few minutes or less.
The new Android Dashboard so I can stay in tough with my store sales.

Cons

When Microsoft does its updates there are often small issues that crop up and make something in Retail Edge malfunction. But the good news is that Customer Support is awesome!

Ed

Reviewed on 03/11/2017

Been using for 13 years now. Overall great experience

Fairly bulletproof Point of Sale (POS) application.

Pros

Within the framework provided the software has a fair amount of flexibility. Adding common utilities can allow you to run your business from anywhere using the RetailEdge functionality. The price is also a strong "Pro." Lots of great tools for a reasonable price

Cons

You must move within the framework provided. If you want to do something not supported it can be a difficult road.