LinkedIn Jobs Reviews

About LinkedIn Jobs

LinkedIn Jobs is an online job board platform, which helps businesses of all sizes, staffing agencies and non-profit organizations post jobs and hire candidates. The solution enables teams to target relevant candidates based on...

Browse LinkedIn Jobs Reviews

5,895 of 5,895 reviews
Beau
Beau
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 12/09/2019

Great For Established Professionals

Honestly, LinkedIn jobs has been one of the more useful software for jobs searching in my experience. The emails come in very clean and organized. Other job searching software send an army of emails your way with unwanted career advice and tips. LinkedIn Jobs just sends you jobs, which is nice.

Pros

This software give me emails everyday with jobs that I would not have otherwise heard of if it were not for LinkedIn Jobs. The customization for job search optimization is a nice touch, especially for the automated emails.

Cons

I dislike how LinkedIn Jobs does not send many entry-level jobs. It seems as if LinkedIn Jobs focuses more on established professionals than students fresh out of college.

Jason
Jason
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

The best job posting software for small business

Linkedin jobs helped us find our last 3 technicians and installers. We were able to weed out the applicants that did not meet our criteria as well as view job history to make proper determinations. The number of potential employees was astounding compared to other software and websites we used in the past for hiring.

Pros

Linked in comes with pre-populated job templates that make job posting super-efficient. You are able to filter for applicants that meet your exact criteria, as well as auto-reject those who do not so you or an employee are not wasting time reviewing the wrong applicant.

Cons

You pay for results, meaning when someone clikc on your job you are charged. If the job description and qualifications are not set up precisely you can pay for views from unqualified applicants.

Monster+

Reasons for Choosing LinkedIn Jobs

with linked in we felt like we were getting true professionals applying for our job postings.

Monster+

Reasons for Switching to LinkedIn Jobs

linked in seemed to be a better value due to the parameters we could input for potential employee qualifications.
Edward
Edward
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 27/05/2019

Good points and bad points of recruitment

There can be no doubt that this profile-based job alert system is pretty good.
The one-click application process is a bonus.
Sometimes, however, all you receive is an automated acknowledgement from the recruiter, not necessarily the fault of LinkedIn, but perhaps they (LinkedIn) ought to force ALL recruiters to actually formalise a rejection so at least you know where you stand.

Pros

Possibly the strongest point in favour of LinkedIn Jobs is the fact that when you indicate you are looking for a job, you are fed relevant jobs based on your profile without being plagued by irrelevant jobs from fishing recruitment consultants. There can be no doubt that in terms of relevancy, LinkedIn tends to be more "transparent" than the average aggregate job site because more jobs pro-rate are placed directly by the actual recruiters rather than commissioned intermediaries.

The fact that your job seeking is based on your public profile is of benefit to both you as the user and to recruiters out there - assuming there is honesty on both parties!

It is also helped by the fact that direct-recruiters seem to have made a LinkedIn profile part of their recruitment requirements, which reinforces the usefulness of LinkedIn Jobs, and you can rely on the fact that unless you see otherwise (often rather obvious from any job advertisements), most positions will be genuine, as it is easy to see which are direct opportunities, and which are through (dreaded) third parties who may be on a fishing expedition.

The process of completing your job profile couldn't really be simpler, and it does encourage you, because your peers will be present and will often see your profile, of being honest and open, which is not a bad thing.

Cons

Once the "good and the great" recruitment consultants start posting jobs for their "leading clients", many of which are neither leading nor in fact often even their actual clients, usability and transparency dips dramatically.

The downside might be that you do not necessarily wish your public LinkedIn profile to say you are actively job hunting.

Also, the fact that "busy" HR people are too often self-importantly "too busy" to perform the simple process of tracking and reporting back a rejection, if only out of simple courtesy and good manners, so the oneness is on you to remember that "if you don't hear back within 10 days you can assume they are not taking your application any further".

However, in fairness, this new-found lack of courtesy is part of the problem with modern HR and no necessarily with LinkedIn

Top LinkedIn Jobs Alternatives

Shola
Shola
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 18/12/2023

A review of LinkedIn

It is very satisfactory. I have had up to four jobs through the LinkedIn platform. So I am very happy.

Pros

I am attracted to the job board on LinkedIn because they have outstanding opportunities there.

Cons

I do not like the fact that I have subscribe to their services before they can allow me to interact with employers.

Ruby
Ruby

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

One of the best portals to search jobs all over the world.

It has been amazing so far and has landed me a job with my current company.

Pros

You can find jobs suitable for your profile from all over the world. It is very easy to use and send recommendations according to your previous searches and settings. LinkedIn Job Search is an amazing way to connect to your recruiters, send them messages and apply directly through your linked in profile.

Cons

Sometimes the jobs it shows are not relevant according to the profile.

Dustin
Dustin
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 24/03/2021

Linkedin Review

The LinkedIn Jobs app overall has been quite amazing, So far the software is better that it's competitors. With the e-learning additive, they have did a number of great things for me in my job search.

Pros

The LinkedIn app is very resourceful! The app not only gives you a search engine to help find a job geared towards your expertise; but it also gives you the skills and training courses accredited through e-learning services to better advance your career. How cool is that, right?

Cons

If I had to list things that would be a downfall for Linkedin, I would say there's not anything I could list. All of my encounters have been that of great insight for getting a job.

John N.
John N.

Reviewed on 14/07/2020

Everyone Should Have a LinkedIn Account

I like this platform and will continue to use it.

Pros

I like that this is a place you can create a virtual resume and show your value. Instead of having to look for a job, others should be looking through LinkedIn for talent.

Cons

I think for this program to really be effective, you have to be extremely active and post constantly to appear in other people's searches.

Muhammad
Muhammad

Reviewed on 20/09/2021

Find your best employer and employee

the no 1 website for recruitment
link all best with the best

Pros

you can easy search for job and easy find your best employee in this website
writing your CV and simply apply for job
yo can also write your vacant ad and quickly published and reach your goal
categories of job make it easy to find what you want and link you in
your teammates can see your profile and recommend you for a job
your supervisors can also write recommendation Letter
it will take very long time to cover advantages of linked in finally I can say it the best of jobs websites

Cons

noting really it is the perfect website in this field with out any competitors
I have used it years ago but it is the best

Sanjay
Sanjay
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 21/06/2021

Best Job Hunting Platform

Professional networking ensures a satisfactory result. Job searches are simple to use and can be done from anywhere. Job tracking is convenient. Enough to create a lovely profile and a very professional dashboard or profile

Pros

Job postings on LinkedIn were exceptionally quick and up-to-date. I found a lot of virtual employment options on LinkedIn, and I've had a lot of fun looking for work. Another feature that I really like is the quick apply tool, which eliminates the need to send a fresh resume every time you apply for new employment.

Cons

It's Quite Expensensive for individual users, Only a few companies enable Easy to apply which is a good feature want to make it mandatory for ease of application.

Kgaugelo
Kgaugelo
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 26/11/2021

LinkedIn Jobs Review

I highly recommend LinkedIn for business owners looking for workers because of the great network of talent available. I believe it has the most job posting because I receive emails almost everyday about new jobs in the market.

Pros

You can post a job for free. This helps one test the product before committing. You get applicants fast. This is because LinkedIn has a large network of people and talent.

Cons

LinkedIn has been a very useful software for job searching and talent searching so right now I'm not sure about what I like least.

Indeed

Reasons for Switching to LinkedIn Jobs

LinkedIn is more professional and allows engagement with applicants and job board. It's not a place only for job postings but you can network there as well.

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

Connect for a Career

Although I have never applied for a job through LinkedIn Jobs, I have referred many individuals to apply through this software, and I know many that have received internship and full time job offers through this.

Pros

LinkedIn jobs feels more interactive, because not only are you applying to jobs, but you are able to network with other individuals who may already be in the field or be interested in the same things. Your connections can share a job on their timeline, and you may come across a great opportunity that way. Direct Messaging these job offers can also help individual network with each other by connecting individuals with opportunities they may see another as a great fit for.

Cons

I don't have much negative to say. I can say that seeing salary ranges would be a great thing to have as a transparency add-on, but that is more a reflection of the companies that are posting the job postings, not LinkedIn itself.

Fabjon

Reviewed on 19/07/2019

One of the best Softwares to search for jobs

Overall great experience, when I apply for a job, I always hear back from the person or profile who posted the job.

Pros

The fact that is connected with LinkedIn makes the setup process extremely easy since you do not have to put all your skills, job exp and education or your Resume all over again. Also, it does not send you a countless number of useless notifications. And job notifications you get are always related to your background and mostly your location(this also depends on your profile settings).

Cons

Overall it is very good, but the UI and UX may need some improvements and also would be great if every job posted would have the option of Ease Apply with LinkedIn, even though I know that this depends on the person or profile who posted the job.

Danish Azmat
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 22/01/2022

Jobs searching never that easy before

It is an excellent tool for finding jobs for serious job seekers because it provides end-to-end information about both potential candidates & prospective employers. Articles, Posts, videos & webinars on the platform also give extensive insights about respective industries that help professionals acquaint themselves with the latest.

Pros

It is simple & super easy to use & searching for jobs is convenient by filtering your search you could also acquire notification of jobs that best suit your profile. It really helps professionals grow their network.

Cons

Sometimes jobs that a candidate is applying is no longer exist & also job seekers could not reach out to the recruiter directly until of course you have premium versions. Subscription for job seekers should be made easy.

Omar
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

LinkedIn Jobs

I enjoy LinkedIn. It keeps me up to date on my netwroks and the movements within it.

Pros

The software allows you to see how many people have applied to the job - understand competition.
You also can go directly to the website to apply directly with the company

Cons

It tells you how many have viewed or applied for jobs. Discouraging the user to not apply.

• Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Reviewed on 09/06/2019

Publish your professional profile online

As a journalist currently working on the promotion of travel packages for a travel agency, this tool is really useful for general confidence in my clients, since they can verify my professional profile and thus verify through the internet that I am a real person and committed to my work, also the company for which I work through this software makes exhibitions about our mission and vision, together with the promoted service (tour packages) online and without any problems. With this platform I have also been able to get jobs and work independently as a Community Manager for different brands of small business products. Besides that it has allowed me to contact many colleagues who have fed me with important information. I am clear that we are a completely competitive world so I try to focus a bit on how to prepare my profile by focusing on the questions of why you should choose me or my company and always showing my product or service to get attention and get good results. Definitely I think that for any trained person of any branch or specialization you should use LinkedIn Jobs for your professional development.

Pros

I really like LinkedIn Jobs because it has become a professional network, which has allowed me to publicize my resume digitally anywhere in the world, keeping my profile active for any business opportunity that may arise, this I do this because many companies can generate employment opportunities using this platform as a recruiting system, which can be located immediately or be recommended by other contacts, in addition to allowing direct contact with leaders or managers of any organization without the need to use intermediaries I can also find any professional and especially colleagues, facilitating the exchange of information through groups, helping me to clarify any doubts that concern me or participate in the different courses or forums of my specialty, for us journalists networking is essential to achieve our work objectives since the news arrive directly and without any type of censorship, in my case it generates confidence for my clients when I carry out the marketing of my tour packages.

Cons

What I do not like is that it generates a little distrust in terms of security. Because when you work publicly with real personal information, we are exposed to that information can also be used for bad deeds such as defamation or identity theft, so it is advisable to be alert to any alarm that may arise, as it is a very delicate subject.

Wobe Muki Marguerite
Wobe Muki Marguerite

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

The best Job search and productivity platform ever

I love this platform, it has been and is a great tool for a better working and productive professional career.

Pros

The best application regarding social networks. Apart from being very user friendly, here are points that makes me so like this unique application:
- LinkedIn Jobs create real business networks with similar interests: Because of LinkedIn Jobs, I have been able to link up with people with similar interests and from there I have had several opportunities to learn from this networks and encouraged to upgrade my profile by working hard. Also, LinkedIn Jobs gave me the opportunity to follow "my dream company" and experts in my field, from here I have had updates on what is happening in the industry, new technologies/their relevance and how to implement them.
- With LinkedIn Jobs, learning is round the clock: From the networks and companies I follow, I have had the possibility to attend free educational conferences, discussion sessions with good companies and professionals in the field. Not forgetting great articles available to read.
- This platform has created a great way for me to stay in touch with old and new coworkers!!
-I do appreciate the notification functionality because it gives up to date on happenings about my networks, who viewed my profile (profile impact) and available jobs with regards to my interest
- One thing I also love about this platform is they are very vigilant and eager to resolve any issues or inculcate new suggestions (works continuously on improving and updating the platform for user accessibility).
- Possibilities to have instant chats with networks

Cons

-The white and blue colors for the platform is amazing but not as good at night. If a night vision is possible then it will be great!!!

Hiran
Hiran
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 16/02/2021

A platform where job seeker can meet a professionals from all over the world.

A professional platform for professionals and job seekers with good community guidelines and policy.

Pros

This platform is more authentic and genuine for both job seeker and employer. This platform is available on the website and the mobile app version. The user of LinkedIn can able to endorse the skills of another user which add value to their profile. Various skills are available for the user to learn which add value to the career. The user can create a professional LinkedIn profile by uploading a resume and providing details regarding education, work history, Area of interests, projects and many more. In my network option on can monitor the connection with other users. In jobs option, the user can set the job search with various filter option according to their interest and notification will be sent via email to the user when new job alert is set for particular interests. LinkedIn notifies the user when some other user viewed our profile and shows their name.

Cons

There are many options for the job seeker to message recruitment team but it is available in the premium version. LinkedIn would have provided a more flexible subscription plan for job seekers. Support team need to improve the response time.

• Industry: Investment Management

Reviewed on 28/07/2018

Allows you to browse thousands of jobs with ease

Apply to many different jobs and search for jobs from one central location, narrow down my search results to find jobs that match my skills and experience, connect with individuals such as recruiters, ability to apply to jobs without leaving the website, ability to save job descriptions.

Pros

I love the layout of LinkedIn jobs. The filter tools and search tools allow me to narrow down jobs to my industry of interest, location, experience level, and date posted. This is incredibly important to me because it makes sure I use my time job searching effectively. I also enjoy how LinkedIn provides several jobs that I may already be interested in. This saves some time in my search, and aggregates ones that may match my background. Perhaps my favorite feature, however, is EasyApply. This feature allows me to apply to a job with just a few clicks of my mouse. It can be very tiresome to have to go to individual websites to apply to jobs, upload resumes and cover letters, and fill out basic information time and time again. With EasyApply, the hassle is taken out, and you can apply in a few clicks.

Cons

One thing that I wish LinkedIn Jobs works on is the "Date Posted" feature. I wish there was a feature that allowed me to input a specific date posted, or specific range. While within the past month, week, or day are useful, sometimes I want to search within the past three days or five days. Also, although I believe this is attributable to the job poster, sometimes the experience level for jobs does not match the job description. At times, I will see jobs marked "entry level" with a description that says candidates must have 5+ years of experience. I think this would be an easy fix with some type of algorithm to scan the job posting, however.

Zavud
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

Review for LinkedIn Jobs

Pros

I have been using LinkedIn Jobs for a year almost every day. I love how easy everything is on LinkedIn. You can register in a very short time and just start looking for what you need. As I am always checking what jobs/internships are available for me, I have realized almost all of the important and big companies (at least for my field) put their job offers on LinkedIn Jobs. Therefore one could find a lot of new offers every other day. The thing I like most about LinkedIn Jobs is its automatic ability to show me the job offers and companies that are related to my field. For that reason, I do not always have to type in what I am looking for since it already shows me what might be interesting me. It also suggests/shows me the people that I might know based on our mutual working places or universities which is very good to make connections. What I also like about LinkedIn is it enables companies to view my profile and Resume and send me a message if they are interested.

Cons

What I dislike about LinkedIn Jobs is I keep receiving too many spam messages. What recently happened to me is I got an offer from "a company" that invited me to an interview in the UK. They sent me an email with the name of an HR of the company. They provided me with the link of the Company and everything looked promising until they told me I have to pay my travel expenses to the travel agency they provided me with and they promised that I would get my money back as soon as I would be in London. I realized something fishy was going on so I stopped contacting them anymore. However, I believe there might be some people out there who would have bought their "offer". Therefore, I would like LinkedIn to detect those frauds and ban their profiles immediately.

Austin
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 08/10/2021

The highest quality hiring solution for companies and candidates

Pros

LinkedIn Jobs is the most reputable job board among professionals. It offers the highest quality candidates, and has the highest quality job postings compared to sites such as Indeed and Angellist. As a candidate, LinkedIn Jobs was always my go-to website, since it always had the most attractive companies and good transparency in terms of expected compensation. In terms of the application process, LinkedIn's one-click easy apply is by far the greatest quality of life benefit that a job board can provide.

Cons

The matching system that matches candidates with jobs based on their listed skills seemed less useful to me, as it often used skills that I am proficient with, but would prefer not to work with. I'd like some way to highlight skills and domains that I am particularly interested in. I also would like a better salary sharing system, or integration with Levels.fyi, which I've found to be an invaluable tool in evaluating companies.

Yeniree
Yeniree

Reviewed on 30/07/2018

Excellent tool for the search of employment

Pros

Linkedln is an incredible tool to find employment opportunities, in our profile we can attach our professional experiences (in this area we can select the company if it is registered in linkedIn and through this option you can visualize the number of registered people who work in the company), university studies, courses, we can also place our skills, what I like about this tool is that we can add our preferences such as the country where you want to apply, the number of employees you would like the company to have, and the position to which you want to apply, you receive notifications with published vacancies that adapt to your profile, by expanding the network of contacts these can validate your knowledge and skills serving this for when the companies seeking to validate certain references can already visualize in the profile, According to the people and companies that you start to follow on the home screen, there are certain available vacancies that usually request that you send your resume to a certain email

Cons

What I like the least about this tool is that you need the premium version so that your profile appears first in the companies' searches, this version also allows you to see which people or companies have viewed your profile, it also offers in real time the most relevant, this option has a free 30-day trial mode but you need to register a credit card

€shwar
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 01/10/2023

Network-Powered Job Hunting

Overall, LinkedIn Jobs has been a refreshing shift in my job-hunting journey. I turned to it mainly to find positions that aligned better with my skills and network connections. What it did was simplify the often-overwhelming process. Being able to see mutual connections at potential workplaces provided an unexpected advantage. It's like having an inside scoop. Beyond just finding jobs, it helped me understand the landscape of industries and companies. I've landed interviews and gained insights that wouldn't have been possible with traditional job boards. It's more than a tool; it's been a strategic ally in my career growth.

Pros

The thing I loved most about LinkedIn Jobs is its networking edge. Seeing job openings within my own professional network, and sometimes even recognizing familiar faces at potential workplaces, makes job hunting feel more personal and less daunting. The tailored job recommendations based on my profile and interactions are spot-on, saving me from endless scrolling. The platform is user-friendly, and integrating it into my job search routine was a breeze. It's not just a job board, it's like having a career compass connected to my network.

Cons

Cons: While LinkedIn Jobs offers a great networking angle to job hunting, sometimes its algorithm misses the mark, suggesting roles that don't align with my interests. I also feel there could be a better way to filter or categorize opportunities. Occasionally, the platform feels a bit clunky when applying for multiple positions. And while integrating it into my job search was mostly smooth, I wish it would sync better with some of my other job tracking tools. It's a strong platform, but there's room for refinement.

Reviewed on 28/05/2018

I have used this program for about 5 years now and still love it.

Pros

While I use to work in both the retail industry and wedding industry this was an amazing way to connect with other professionals on the same level. I was originally from the US and then made the move to Canada. One of the largest stress factors was how to rebuild clients and contacts with such a major move. With LinkedIn it was actually no where near as bad as I expected. My husband was able to connect me with some contacts he knew in the industry and the program itself then is able to recommend so many more. You are able to look by location you can see careers and what I like most is you can see how long someone has been in a particular industry. I have been a photographer for over 10 years while it is always nice to help new photographers getting into the industry, when I 1st wanted to make new contacts I wanted to meet very experienced and similar level to myself. With LinkedIn it lets you know a lot about the person you are going to meet before you ever meet them.

Cons

Unless you are willing to pay money you do not get all of the benefits of the program. I don't see a need to pay money for the extra perks as the base does enough to suit my needs. It would be nice when you have people viewing your profile to always see who they are but without paying that unfortunately is not an option. The only other con I would say is that recently it has seemed to turn a bit more into a facebook with what some people are posting. I would like to see this eliminated as this is a professional platform I don't want to get on and see pictures of peoples families or other personal information, not related to work.

Reviewed on 18/02/2019

Makes Job Searching Easy

Pros

LinkedIn Jobs makes searching for jobs easy and straightforward. It's a free app that allows you to create a profile, connect with other professionals, and search for jobs all over the world. LinkedIn also uses your search history and added skills to find and suggest jobs that have recently been posted, which makes job searching so much easier. It has saved me so much time because I no longer have to scour job listing websites for things I am interested in. I also enjoy that it suggests other jobs at a particular company you've viewed. Sometimes it's nice to see what other openings come up at the company you're interested in. Overall, it's a great software and must for any professional.

Cons

So the base software is free, but they do have a premium option that gives you more features. I have not tried the premium version so I cannot comment on whether or not it's worth it. However, it's just too expensive for me to justify trying past the free trial. I wish that it was a bit cheaper so that I could at least justify the price while I searched for a new job. Again, the base software is free so this isn't something that prevents me from using the software, it would just be nice if it was a bit more reasonably priced.

Isabela
Isabela
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 07/04/2021

Looking for a job? LinkedIn may be a good option for you

Despite the small problems mentioned, my experience with LinkedIn has been very profitable: I have already applied for several job openings and participated in some interviews, all thanks to the curriculum that is automatically generated from the information provided.

So, my conclusion is: I highly recommend the software and I wish good luck to anyone looking for a job.

Pros

What I like most about LinkedIn is how easy it is to find a good job. In addition to the possibility of meeting people with the same interests as yours (or similar) and exchanging experiences.

It has several interesting tools, such as, for example, posts and stories, functioning as a social network, where it is possible to share information and news about your work.

In your search field, it is possible to filter the vacancy you are looking for, in addition to the location and type of employment (in-person or Home Office).

And last but not least: it is very easy to use software: just fill in your personal information and professional interests, and ... A world of opportunities opens up for you.

Cons

In my view, the negative points are:

1) As much as it is a kind of social network, where people share their news and professional information, the feed ends up being overloaded and there is no way to filter it;

2) Often, when looking for a job, LinkedIn does not always show vacancies in the exact place where we live.

So, my suggestion for a better experience with the software are these: A way to filter the information that is shown in the feed and greater precision in searches by location in job vacancies.