About Sibme

Sibme is a web-based learning management solution that helps organizations streamline process related to content sharing, collaboration, goal-setting and more on a centralized platform. The huddles module enables tutors to share...

Browse Sibme Reviews

Patrick C.

Reviewed on 01/12/2020

Ease of implementation - multiple industry uses

We have been thoroughly pleased with the product and would recommend to others in higher ed or responsible for supporting early career teachers.

Pros

Very intuitive user interface, security/mobility of content, multiple uses to support interaction between small groups of educators or to support large conference-style events, efficiencies built into product and customizable by responsive development team.

Cons

Communication from within the system to end users can be excessive - ability to opt out of messages is a feature but less prominent in the user interface. Some analytics of interest are not yet available, but responsiveness of development team speaks to SIBME's ability to be adaptive.

Maria G.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 07/12/2020

Accessible to all user abilities

I was first drawn to use the Sibme platform because of the accessibility and friendliness of our Sibme contacts. During the training sessions we became more convinced that this was the correct product for our student teachers’ observations. It proved to be even more worthwhile than we could have imagined. We were able to incorporate our own observation rubrics and customize the platform to work best for our programs. The student teachers find it very easy to use and even our veteran mentors quickly caught on to how the platform operates. The Sibme platform provided our university and entrée into remote observations even prior to the current pandemic.

Pros

We have a variety of users from very technology challenged to technology is second nature. With a combination of strong training from Sibme and a good product and customer service all of our users were able to quickly access the platform to support student teachers.

Cons

Since this product was originally created for Lowe usage in elementary and secondary school systems, our much higher usage for university mentors and student teachers has had a few technology glitches - some user error. However, every problem was immediately taken care of and corrected by Sibme customer Service.

Anique A.

Clinical Practice Usage

I think this platform is excellent for clinical practice student teaching and an inductiom program.

Pros

SIBME is very easy to use and the application is user friendly. I love the ease of uploading my videos whether it's recordings from my phone, ipad/tablet or laptop, and share and/or transfer files. I do not use up any data on my personal devices for uploading videos to the SIBME app. This is a big plus for me because I can record a video that's longer than 45 mins AND the quality of my video is not compromised.

SIBME offers a variety of ways to store your work in case you run out of data space you're allotted but the data space is already very large to begin with so this is the least of your worries.

SIBME is an efficient means for working on a collaborative assignment and users can provide and receive instant feedback. Excellent!! My professor can provide specific feedback at time markers on the video so I don't have to spend time scrolling through my video to find exactly what he/she was referencing.

I also love the privacy feature where I can belong to a cohort, but only my coach can see the work I've shared with her and provide feedback only to me.

Cons

Initially, it was a little difficult navigating the system as this learning platform was new to me. However, my university provided step by step protocols of how I should document and share files that is unique to their expectations and I was able to move forward from there.

Top Sibme Alternatives

Diane C.

Reviewed on 01/12/2020

Great Customer Service!

My experience has been great especially in the era of long distance learning. The opportunity to be able to view classrooms via video and chat with my students has been an amazing tool.

Pros

The help desk is fantastic and usually responds within minutes of asking a question. Some of the uploads and various huddles may be confusing for both students and administrators. I appreciate the immediate response from Customer Service to offer advice, articles and a solution to any difficulties we have encountered.

Cons

My students struggle a bit with uploading to a huddle and then being able to upload again to the same huddle. Perhaps some more information or an easier format would help.

Stephanie T.

Reviewed on 15/12/2020

I have been very happy with its ease of use!

Pros

This program is versatile with the ever-changing needs at our school.

Cons

Working to ease employee’s comfort level in being recorded. This is not a problem at all anymore.

Sean K.

Reviewed on 02/12/2020

Great Platform for Schools

We started using Sibme last year and it helped accelerate teacher and school leader growth.

Pros

The platform is user-friendly and has nice aesthetics. Easy to record, store, and locate videos.

Cons

Missing some key features like fluidity to replay video like athletic coaches do and narrate on screen.

Sydney A.

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Pros

It was for the most part easy to use. I was able to access all that I needed and the add comment feature was helpful.

Cons

The upload time took longer than expected. Minutes or hours depending on the length of video.

Monica R.

Reviewed on 08/12/2020

Sibme is amazing!

Pros

The ease of use is our top reason to love Sibme. We appreciate all the features that coaches can access like rubrics, goal setting, time-stamped comments on video and more! This has been one of our best purchases for coaching ever. It is also ideal in the time of COVID- allowing coaches and teachers the ability to share what is happening in their classrooms and still get feedback on their instructional practices even when we are unable to be physically in the classroom.

Cons

No concerns at this time. We have found that all the features we would want are already part of the package.

Tia B.

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

Review by TB

Pretty good. Easy to use.

Pros

It is easy to put all things in one place.

Cons

Until recently we could not screen capture and this made it very difficult to put items in that we needed to coach and view.
Also, the tab to write tasks on does not order them correctly. Each time you go in you have to reorder them. That is a time waster.

Melanie S.

Reviewed on 07/12/2020

Sibme has helped our teachers share ideas!

We love it. It's expensive but worth the investment.

Pros

Our admin team was introduced to Sibme at a summer conference, and we thought it would be a great software for our teachers to collaborate and share ideas virtually. They've used it to demonstrate strategies from book studies, and in the place of "Learning Walks" because class coverage can be difficult. It's even more valuable now during the pandemic! Sibme has been a great tool for teachers to invite others into their classrooms and "show" rather than tell.

Cons

There are some pieces of the software that could be more user friendly. The mobile app doesn't have the same capabilities as the website. Always looking for ways to make the process easier on teachers.

Rosemick S.

Sibme

Pros

The ease to transition to virtual professional development

Cons

The software does take time to effectively review it in order to apply it.

Adam Z.

Game Changer

It has made my work with Catapult Learning something that I could not have conceived otherwise.

Pros

The ease of use of Sibme, as well as the simple interface combine to make this a no-brainer for coaching and PD relationships. The time-stamped comments feature on the recored videos makes virtual coaching so simple, and the ability to live-stream has really been a nice addition.

Cons

I would love to see this product step into a true virtual conversation realm. Being able to host interactive, face-to-face conversations would be ideal.

Stephanie F.

Helpful Program

Pros

Sibme has helped increase the culture of crystal clear observations and feedback at our school, both in terms of mentor-to-peer and peer-to-peer feedback, which previously didn't exist. It also increases the opportunity for self-reflection.

Cons

Some of the videos could be made to be more advanced.

Leah R.

Reviewed on 09/12/2020

Sibme is an effective video coaching platform

Pros

Sibme allows for simplified communication between team members. I've used Sibme for recording and sharing videos. I am able to give and receive feedback swiftly and effectively. I would recommend any team or group to use Sibme as a means of coaching, as it has come in handy especially during remote work.

Cons

Sibme's platform can appear cluttered and confusing at first. Navigating the app can be a challenge at times. Otherwise, there aren't any noticeable cons to mention.

Keith L.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

Impactful

Pros

The software allows for easy sharing and documentation of observations, and powerful self-reflection and specific, clear feedback linked to specific times noted on the video. I can't emphasize how easy it is to use. Its changed my teaching dramatically!

Cons

Nothing! This is a great product with no downside.

Patricia P.

Using Sibme for Online Coaching

Overall I think this software is useful for the online coaching it is being used for but the website design could be improved a bit, and also less welcome emails would have been nice. I do really love the video commenting features, it is very useful for feedback.

Pros

This software made it possible for me to get coaching from an student advisor while distance learning for SDSU.

Cons

The structure of the site could be more streamlined and intuitive. It takes quite a lot of clicks to get to the content of my huddle. I also found the "help" emails a bit too aggressive after signing up. I was getting daily (sometimes twice a day) emails reminding me to try out Sibme and it was a little much.

Winston P.
  • Used for 1+ year

Feedback

Pros

I enjoyed how east it was to use and it was helpful

Cons

Everything was great and I had no problems with sibme

Tricia U.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Great concept of observing other educators

Watch other educators whwn you dont have time to observe them physically!

Pros

The software is very user friendly. Not complex and simple to view and upload videos.

Cons

Its fairly simple compared to loom, etc. I find nothing wrong with this software.

Cindy N.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Great product

Great! Used many times with other educators.

Pros

Easy to use. Helpful tool to see others in the classroom (educational purpose). Good evaluative tool. Used for reflecting/critiquing.

Cons

None that I can think of. It worked successfully each time. I was able to troubleshoot and determine solutions with ease.

Kelly W.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Sibme

Good

Pros

It is a nice and easy form of communication

Cons

Not enough time in the teacher life to learn and then implement effectively.

Vanessa R.

SIBME Support

The tool has some great options. Our struggle is getting teachers to sign up for their coaching session when the coach is not on-site with them.

Pros

ability to upload classroom videos for later review

Cons

still working through scheduling coaching sessions; this is a real challenge for our coaches

Kelly G.
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

SIBME

SIBME has been great for me as a new teacher. I am able to get feedback from mentors about my teaching, without them having to be in the same room as me. The site is very easy to use and has useful how to videos

Pros

The ability to record yourself and share those videos with colleges is very useful. Everyone can add comments with time stamps. It makes for good collaboration, in a virtual world.

Cons

Overall, I have not seen any cons at this time.

Genevieve H.

coaching platform

Pros

I like how easy it is to navigate and instruct my coaching recipients on

Cons

Sometimes my teachers say they have a difficult time uploading their videos

Anne W.

Very helpful!

Pros

The software is easy to use intuitive. It’s a great tool for sharing ideas and learning from each other.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. It’s pretty easy to use, even the first time.

Lonnetta W.
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

The Awesomeness of Sibme

My overall experience on a scale of 1-10 i would say 9

Pros

What I like most was the teacher collaboration, and ease of uploading the videos.

Cons

What i liked least was the amount of time it took to upload the videos