Spendesk Reviews

About Spendesk

Spendesk is a cloud-based spend management solution designed to help businesses handle invoices, approval processes, expense reimbursements, virtual debit cards and more. The platform uses optical character recognition (OCR)...

Browse Spendesk Reviews

Demian
Demian

Reviewed on 13/07/2022

Monitoring and control of expenses.

pendesk is a very effective expense control platform, which has allowed us to avoid budget disasters in our area and to keep a record of corporate card transactions that allows us to identify inappropriate expenses.

Pros

I like being able to track expenses in real time.
It gives us the ability to issue virtual cards to make payments and receive reimbursements.
It makes it easy to pay for subscriptions.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about Spendesk.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 28/12/2022

very good way to manage payments you can believe me

given my very good experience with spendesk I would recommend it

Pros

It allows me to have a better follow-up of my expenses management, it allows me to automate my invoices management by email. Thanks to spendesk I was able to develop my business.

Cons

since I have been using spendesk it has worked well for me. I have not had any complications yet.

Ferdinand
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 17/06/2019

Improvements

Paying all over the US when travelling. Helps with keeping track of company expenses.

Pros

Easy to mangae/upload your receipts when you are travelling.

Cons

-Spendesk card doesn't work in many places (Trader Joe's for example)
-With the app you can only take photos from receipts. It would be a great improvement if you could make a photo that recognizes the receipt (adapts the borders automatically) and that converts it to a pdf.

Response from Spendesk

Dear Ferdinand, thank you for your review. The good news is our new mobile app will be launching soon, and includes a new feature to automatically crop receipt photos. Sorry to hear about the issues you had overseas, we've passed your comments on to our product team to investigate further.

Replied 19/06/2019

Top Spendesk Alternatives

• Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

Great efficiency tool for small companies

Pros

It greatly improves the purchasing workflow, all the way through to payments and accounting. It decentralises purchasing, while keeping control of the whole process with the decision makers. It's very intuitive to use - I never have to train new employees on Spendesk. The customer support level is the best I've ever seen, and they are constantly adding new features and improving the existing ones.

Cons

It costs money. But compared to the employee time saved by using it, as well as the added value compared to manual processes, it's money very well spent.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Mark for your kind review. We are really happy to free you and your team from the hassle of paying at work!

Ruben
Ruben

Reviewed on 11/07/2022

Control of budget movements.

Spendesk monitors our department's expenses to avoid unnecessary or lavish spending.
It helps to keep a healthy accounting, pay subscriptions and issue invoices to customers.

Pros

I like being able to issue virtual cards for unforeseen expenses or employee travel, keeping a very detailed record of expenses in case of an audit.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this platform.

Kristan
Kristan
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 15/02/2019

Life changer!

Loads of international travel and receipt management - worry free

Pros

I was in sales in the earlier part of my career and vowed to never return because I thought the expense reports took way too much of my precious time. thanks to Spendesk - it has literally changed my professional & personal life - bank is happy and I am hassle free - love, love love it!

Cons

literally cannot think of one - so easy to use & instantaneous....My accounting team no longer loathes me!

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Kristan for your wonderful review !! We are really happy to make your life so much easier.

Replied 25/02/2019
Katie
Katie

Reviewed on 07/07/2022

Effective cost control.

Spendesk is a platform that has helped us optimize our budgets and control our employees' expenses.
It allows us to run expense reports with the data it collects and design new expense and budget execution guidelines based on those reports.

Pros

It allows me to issue cards when I or any employee in my department needs them.
It allows me to make online payments and generate invoices, receive reimbursements and monitor compliance.

Cons

I have no complaints with this platform.

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

Good review

Very easy to use, I use it almost daily since I work in marketing and am responsible for buying stuff for the office. I love the reminders to upload the receipts. I feel a sense of completion when I've uploaded a receipt.

Pros

Being able to automatically pay for work spendings through spendesk without having to use my own money or wait for my expenses to be refunded by my company.

Cons

Nothing, maybe make it possible to copy the card number.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you for your nice review!

Replied 13/05/2019
Rodolphe
Rodolphe

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

Perfect tool for open company

Use it for 4 years now, so usefull for employees.

Pros

If you work in a company where trust rings the bell for your boss you have use this tool, it's so easy and powerful. Everyone can be autonomous when travelling or need to buy any good need for his job.

Cons

Maybe the UI with soft colors is not easy enough to understand for blind colors people leike me, bigger icon shoud be a good idea

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Rodolphe for your kind review!

Replied 12/12/2018
Vlad
Vlad

Reviewed on 25/12/2018

Great help for managing your work receipts

Pros

- expense cards for recurring payments
- OCR to recognise receipts
- configurable approval workflows (with auto-approval if under specified amount)
- VAT support
- mobile app
- visibility on back payments

Cons

- not enough visibility with spending per per category / missing analytics dashboard

Response from Spendesk

Dear Vlad, thank you for your kind review!

Replied 26/12/2018
Jonathan

Reviewed on 04/08/2019

Never be stuck waiting for the company card

Easy to use, super efficient, and keeps everything tidy (approval requests are logged, receipts can be attached to each expense, cards are issued for a specific vendor and with a maximum payment limit).

Pros

Every expense incurred by the team can be sent for approval, approved, and sent to the vendor instantly.

Cons

Certain vendors decline prepaid virtual cards, meaning it's back to the old hunting down the company card game.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Jonathan for your great review. We are indeed aware that some vendors do not accept our virtual cards. But we are looking to end this issue shortly. Have a nice day!

Replied 05/08/2019
Anne Caroline
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

Great tool to save time and increase expense monitoring!

Great tool to monitor credit card expenses, collect receipts and facilitate accounting booking!!
Users and accounting team are found of this tool in our company since it has been implemented

Pros

Easy to implement
Time credit
Great monitoring

Cons

Could be cheaper
purple color ;-)

Response from Spendesk

Thank you for your kind review Anne-Caroline!

Fabien

Reviewed on 01/11/2019

Awesome to simplify expenses

Pros

Super easy to create/use/approve virtual cards for online expenses

Cons

It would be amazing if it could be combined with a forex solution, à la Revolut

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Fabien for your great review! We're glad to count Myriad Group as one of our customers and simplify your company expenses.

Replied 04/11/2019
Thomas

Reviewed on 25/01/2019

Great help in everyday work

Spendesk helps us keeping track of budgets and enables our employees to responsibly purchase what they need for their work - and that in a very efficient way.

Pros

Very easy to use, compact and clearly presented. Also, each member invited instantly gets the idea how to use it.

Cons

I would prefer the option to produce virtual credit cards for entire teams w/o having to define the supplier. That way the teams would really be enabled to determine on how to spend e.g. their team budgets w/o having to apply for a card for every single purchase.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Thomas for taking the time to give us this nice review!

Replied 28/01/2019
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 23/09/2019

Amazing software!

With Spendesk we are able to speed up the organization process of our business trips.
Everything is way faster with Spendesk!

Pros

It's extremely easy to use, no time to waste. Spendesk can help a company to increase its effectiveness.

Cons

Be able to do different payments with a temporary Virtual Credit Card.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you for your great review!

Replied 26/09/2019
sanhita
sanhita

Reviewed on 25/11/2022

easy clean neat software

Pros

it has a very easy and simple user interface. With this software, we track all our expenses, bills, reimbursement, cash spends, dealer invoice, purchase order etc. The best thing is it can be assessed over the app/ through a phone

Cons

Sometimes when we upload bills autofill doesn't work. But after a time one tends to get a hang of it as to what type of bill need to be manually filled .

Ioana

Reviewed on 22/06/2021

What an improvement

Pros

user-friendly with the possibility of uploading receipts via the mobile app
automated top up request process
integration with slack for real-time notifications

Cons

no improvement points to be made at this stage

Reviewed on 06/10/2021

Managing marketing spend for different clients in a matter of seconds

Finally a tool to manage marketing spends from one single place. Creating virtual cards is easy and fast. Attach them to the desired 3rd party tool and you can start tracking the spendings.

Pros

Before Spendesk all of our client's marketing spend was with our own corporate card. Making it hard to track and match each transaction to the according client. With Spendesk this is being done automatically so we can easily print the transaction history per client. All those costs can be calculated to the client so this is fault-prove.

Cons

Spendesk doens't work with credit, so you have to be sure to add enough funds to the account. This isn't a big problem, but with lots of marketing spend this has to be done frequently.

Alena

Reviewed on 21/07/2016

Spendesk using review

We pay almost each day with Spendesk our invoices, purchases etc. It is really easy to use, it provide a hight level of security for our purchases. Very reactive support team is always here to resolve, explain the issues and questions. Really very good experience of using Spendesk!

Pros

I like that it allows us to do secure purchases without fear to loose our money.

Cons

It is user-friendly and easy to use.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Alena for taking the time to make this great review!

Replied 05/12/2018
Alexis
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

Heroes Belgium Review

Pros

The fact that a physical card becomes useless and that I can delegate payments and bookings to team members whilst keeping the control over the costs

Cons

The few times the generated card doesn’t work

Response from Spendesk

Thank you for your nice review Alexis. Sorry to here that you are facing issues with your card generator. Your account manager will get back to you shortly!

Replied 27/05/2019
Catherine

Reviewed on 21/07/2016

Drivy - Catherine La Branche-Chabo

Use both online card and plastic card. Both are very useful to me. It allows me to stop using the usual Business MasterCard.

Pros

Super easy to use, save us a lot of time, hurray for the copy-paste option!

Just really convenient to clic on a button when I've reached the limit of spending.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Catherine for spending time on giving us this great review!

Replied 05/12/2018
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

Expenses I do have while I´m traveling due to work.

Pros

User friendly and organization, all information in the same place.

Cons

The software, none till now, the card to pay cant be used in some places. Overall, good experience.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you for your nice review!

Replied 29/05/2019
Laure
Laure
  • Industry: Internet
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Such an easy way to handle my expenses at work

Pros

I love how quickly I understood the product. I didn't even need to be onboarded: everything felt very intuitive, very early on. Whenever I need to make a business expense, I don't even have to think about it twice, Spendesk makes it a breeze.

Cons

There's really little to dislike! It sometimes (but rarely) doesn't work on all payment systems but I know they're working on that.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Laure for your great review !

Philip
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 21/05/2019

Excellent Product!

Pros

I am using the software for all my travel expenses. I do not work in finance, so I do not have much insight on the usability for the company overall but as an individual, Spendesk makes it extremely easy to manage my expenses.
The App helps to keep everything organised while on the road.

Cons

I have no complaints about the software. Again, I do not manage the finances for the company but for me personally, there are no cons.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Philip for your nice review. If you need any assistance while traveling, do not hesitate to contact our support team and we'll be glad to help!

Replied 22/05/2019
Suzanne
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 07/10/2019

Very easy to use!

It's super user-friendly and efficient :)

Pros

I travel a lot for work and love that I can use the app at any moment and upload directly my invoices to the app, very user-friendly

Cons

Sometimes the app takes a bit to load the images, but it usually solves with a few minutes

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Suzanne for your great review. We're happy to help you spending while on-the-go!

Replied 10/10/2019