About Accelo

Accelo is used and loved by professional service businesses around the world to manage their client work, profitably. The end-to-end cloud-based platform manages all aspects of client work delivery, from prospect to payment,...

4.1

Browse Accelo Reviews

Rob

Reviewed on 02/11/2016

Ongoing clever innovation keeps this product fresh

Accelo solves the problem of double handling data when progressing clients from sales to work in progress and maintaining ongoing work for that client. This saves time and cost... In the past we had to re-enter the contact details from a CRM, after the lead became a client, into a Project Management system, for service delivery, then into a Support tool, to manage ongoing work. A single license with Accelo was cheaper, than other software systems combined.

Pros

I like that Accelo combines almost all facets of my business in one application. Not only do I get CRM & sales capability, I also get job/task tracking, project management, support ticketing, and billing! There is integration with key third party apps so I rarely have to go anywhere else to run the business.
I also like the user community engagement and level of communication to keep informed on product development.

Cons

It is hard to dislike anything given all the recent improvements, but next I'd like to see a payroll feature, so either I can export timesheet data to a third party application or run a payroll process within Accelo.

Anna

Reviewed on 18/04/2020

The most cost-effective tool for managing large scale projects.

Accelo is a service that has allowed me to achieve very important objectives for our organization, its integration to CRM system is excellent for us to manage different projects, its agility and productivity is what has allowed us to obtain very favorable results in the last years. It offers a very customizable system to use effectively in the problems that users require to solve, I have several years using this software and it has given me an extraordinary experience, it is available at a very accessible price for everyone, it really is an excellent software and I recommend it very much.

Pros

I love working with Accelo because it is a very accessible service for my company, its high performance allows us to manage projects with high performance and my team loves it because of how convenient it is, the tool is available to access from Windows and Android. One factor that makes this software ideal for anyone even without technical knowledge is that it has excellent training available for inexperienced people, its high customization and its wide interface make an excellent experience that motivates people to want to work with this software every day at all times.

Cons

The software has constant updates which is an advantage and disadvantage at the same time to work, the main advantage is that it keeps all your system updated to the most innovative technology and the disadvantage is that for people to adapt to the software makes this very challenging because of the constant changes that are seen.

Keyana
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 25/04/2018

Accelo is packed with features and customizations, but still falls short

Pros

The UI is actually not so bad; it's bright and modern, and menu options are well-placed. (That is, most items are located exactly where you'd think they should be.) This is extremely helpful when building complex projects within the platform. Even novices are comfortable using Accelo after about a week, in most cases.

Cons

The sync with QuickBooks Online is awesome in theory, as my company requires that connection for invoices that are attached to projects within Accelo. However, that sync tends to break more often than it should. This is typically an issue when modifying ledger items and our chart of accounts in QuickBooks Online... Which, we HAVE to make the changes in QBO first, rather than the other way around. As a company with MANY products and services offerings that are updated around the beginning of every year, this is generally a nightmare.

Response from Accelo

Hi Keyana, thanks for your review, and sorry for the headache/frustration around keeping QBO and Accelo in sync.

When we set out to build the accounting integration we wanted to make sure that invoices created in Accelo would sync automatically into QBO (and Xero). The challenge with achieving this of course is that we have to fit in *exactly* with the API requirements and options/fields that are required fields in these powerful platforms. While we have admin features on our side to refresh/update things like items and ledger codes, we know that having to remember to keep the two products in sync from an admin perspective is a pain when it doesn't work.

The good news is that we're well over half way rebuilding our integration to support webhooks and automatic streaming/updating of changes from QBO (and Xero) into Accelo. This has the potential downside that a change made in your accounting system will confuse someone working in Accelo, but we think it is worth it to automate things

Top Accelo Alternatives

Jan

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

Valuable for Management Consultancy with Distinct Lines of Business

Pros

- we loved the idea of a fully integrated professional service system. TImesheeting, project management, and business development (prospecting) follow-up, and project cost tracking were essential for us.
- we use everything in Accelo except 'ticketing'.
- we were initially attracted as well by the invoicing and the project profitability features.
- time sheeting, project cost tracking, business development (opportunity funnel) and basic project management work very well for us. The team - including external contractors - use the system externally, and it greatly streamlines our weekly All Hands review meetings.

- We have consultants with extensie experience with Salesforce and Work, and they comment this is much better suited to our 'professional services' application.

Cons

- the proposal/ quoting functionality has been a disappointment. We wish there was better functionality to impot text, 'view' andedit and modigy layout, due to the nature of professional services work. The quoting/ prosposal module is probably fine if you are quoting 'canned' services like web design packaging, or system configuration / maintenance, but not for much else.

Dave

Reviewed on 02/11/2016

Excellent tool for a Marketing Agency looking to get hold of productivity

We are solving many problems with Accelo, from project scheduling and timesheeting through to sales forecasting and email tracking.

We use Accelo for the following:
Contract Management
Project Management
Professional Service Automation
CRM

Pros

Before we used Accelo, time spent on work was gathered via a rather ugly Outlook task list workaround, which was neither practical nor scaleable. Accelo's project and retainer scheduling functionality allows us to book-in large projects much more easily than before, and also ensures that time is tracked more accurately, allowing senior management to find true profitability of projects and marketing services.

Cons

Of course there are a few elements of Accelo that could be improved, but one of the benefits of working with Accelo is that they listen to their clients. I am constantly in touch with Geoff and the team to offer ideas and help with beta testing, which makes me feel like a valued customer.

Amel

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

Teamwork and report

Pros

It's the perfect app for teamwork, log your time, make a report and to let you know where the project is heading.
Easy tracking of the project and who is working on it.

Cons

It's not that easy to set at first.
You need to be careful when you tracking you.
The reports are not very easy to read and you cannot have them in pdf.
You have to report the exact time that you were working on each task.
Unfortunately, as sometimes I am doing many tasks at the same time its not really realistic for me to track the exact time.

Everhour

Reasons for Switching to Accelo

The setting and the report are more visual. You can have them in pdf. Easiest to see how many time each team member logged. You can track minutes or hour.

Response from Accelo

Thanks for your feedback, Amel! I'm hoping that the work we're doing on with reporting right now will be something you find a lot of value from!

Will

Reviewed on 01/11/2016

Great solution for bringing all of our prospect and project management together

We are a small company without a dedicated business development of sales team. Accelo really helps with keeping on top of new leads and following them through to project setup and delivery. As the Principal in this it has allowed me to be much more in touch of when leads are being neglected or projects are stagnating.
In addition, the time keeping functions allow us to bull approximately 10% more hours, just by keeping better logs

Pros

Having all of our leads and project management in one place allows us to follow through relationships with prospective and current clients, right from the initial contact to project delivery and follow up.

Cons

The learning curve is quite high and on boarding new employees takes some time. This just needs the procedures set up but it does take resources in a small company.

Shahidul
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 28/08/2022

A Wonderful Project Management Software!

Pros

It kind of changed a whole lot of my teams work ethic, and system. Helper us immensely with unique set of features, especially, syncing schedules, result tracking.

Cons

Nothing much really. Just that the pricing is on the higher side. Not a deal breaker though.

Response from Accelo

Hi Shahidul, thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We're so glad to hear that Accelo's unique features are helping your team manage schedules and track results. Thank you again for your feedback!

Replied 09/09/2022
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 28/06/2022

Programming and planning platform...

Pros

Excellent platform with advanced features and easy to use. Accelo is part of the facilitation of operations within the company.
Excellent quality ratio of the different functionalities and price of the monthly subscription.

Cons

Accelo can take enough time to master all the services offered.

Michelle
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 12/04/2022

Hidden Charge - US$800 charge when you want to sign up

Customer service took long to come back when we wanted to proceed with plan. The non-upfront US$800 hidden charge - were were shocked when told of this.It wasn't mentioned anywhere on the website. this has created a very positive experience and turned it into a very negative one.

Pros

We enjoyed it a lot during trial and was about to sign up. The monthly rate advertised did not mention there is a initial start up US$800 fee and you are forced to speak to a consultant and pay this fee to get started. You can't sign up direclty like other SAAS. Big warning. wasted a lot of our time. Should have brought this up to us upfront.

Tom

Task management
Utilisation
Transparency for clients
Cost management

Pros

We are able to fully process our business with the detailed project plans, scheduling and capacity tracking which gives us very detailed and accurate forecasting for capacities.

The whole business now trusts the reliability of the system and the data in it so much that we report daily on the state of play with task management and capacities to move resources around which helps us deliver work quicker for our clients.

We are forecasting for hiring new resources based on the system data, conducting price reviews and making lots and lots of continuous process tweaks with the confidence that Accelo is our living process documentation via the templates.

Also, with the detail in the project plans is something we are able to leverage in the sales process to show prospects we have robust processes that will ensure the best quality content creation.

Cons

There are still some more features we would love to see in the future which would help us automate more and reduce admin but the revamp on the community ideas page gives great confidence to everyone at Digital 22 that if it will benefit enough people then there is a good chance we will see these and more great updates in the near future.

Valentina

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Flexible, customisable, easy to use

Business clarity on tasks and requirements and deadlines are definitely my favourite. I love the platform a lot, but as a small business (1st year of operation), it's by far my biggest expense after rent (and not much between the two figures). Perhaps my set up isn't correct with user admins, but the #1 priority is for timesheets, and for that, everyone seems to need the most expensive option. Honestly, I'm at a point where I have to review other platforms because of the cost, but I really don't want to because I do honestly believe in what Accelo can do and if using all the right features, I know will be integral for the business to grow.

Pros

I love that I don't have to teach my team to use Accelo, they get their login and they are away.

The scheduling tool appears really powerful to streamline the use of studio production.

Love the task management and budget flow, it really is the most comprehensive platform I've used and I've tried quite a few before investing in Accelo.

Cons

The charge per user, when some of my users are just timesheeting and not much else. For a monthly cost, it can build quite quickly with part timers and freelancers involved in the business.

I find the PDF of templates a bit clunky, whilst they can look great on the screen, they don't always PDF accurately.

Biggest bug bear is the inflexibility with proposals to show a weekly cost, one off cost, monthly cost or annual cost. It seems to calculate and bundle as one. This would be a good game changer to have these options sorted out.

• Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 26/04/2019

THE Project Management Tool to Use

Pros

It is easy to create new projects in minutes with saved project templates. The gant chart view makes it easy to adjust timelines and due dates. You can alert teammates when their task is ready to start, and the task dashboard makes it easy for you to view your tasks for the day/week.

Cons

The schedule view is not useful as is. Currently the schedule view will show how many hours of work you have for a given day. 1) You need to have a time set for the task in order to see this properly listed in the schedule view, 2) If you have a task that takes 3 hours, but you have it spread over 3 days it allocates 1 hour per day on the schedule view. If it's day 3, and that task had not been identified as started and no time logged it should show 3 hours of work on that day - but instead it still shows the 1 hour. If that logic were set properly it would make this schedule view much more useful.

There is also a major issue with setting project schedules, you need to be sure to lock-in the dates otherwise your project dates keep adjusting until you start. It can really screw things up if you don't have that set right away.

Cheryl

Reviewed on 27/12/2018

Effective tool but missing some key functionality for management of a team

The company is good to work with. They try to be accommodating with requests. Their support team is responsive. There are some fundamental functionality missing from the system such as the ability to apply a discount to a quote. Also the way margins are calculated is incorrect. I need to recalculate by myself. Some of the dashboards are not meaningful. I would love to see the company spend time understanding reporting needs, and update the software to provide more meaningful information.

Pros

The ability to create an opportunity, quote, and then close it into a project where we can assign resources and log time is very convenient.

Cons

Reporting capabilities are severely lacking. I have to try many different ways to pull out data into excel and further manipulate it to do the type of analysis I need to do as the leader of a team. When I filter data, it doesn't always make sense and it doesn't leave me confident that the data is accurate.

Katy

Reviewed on 11/02/2021

Use this Everyday

I use this everyday and I love when our company transferred over to this software. We are so much more organized and work better as a team within this program.

Pros

I love how organized you can be as a whole within the company. Everything seems to transfer well between coworkers and keeps us extremely organized.

Cons

There are things I feel like are more difficult to understand but I also feel like that is mostly user error. When it comes to creating PO's I think the process could be easier inside of that to go ahead and create an expense.

Response from Accelo

Thanks Katy for the great feedback! We'd love for you to share any additional information on your experience with creating PO's and expenses, and how you think it could be improved within our Ideas Forum (ideas.accelo.com). Thanks for being a part of the Accelo community.

Replied 18/04/2022
Joshua

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

I couldn't function without Accelo, but it still drives me crazy!

Pros

It has so many features that it's light years ahead of anything else I've tried and I've been through dozens of programs. I'm probably using 10% of the features yet it's still indispensable. I love how I can set different rates for different clients, even the same clients but for different projects. I can fairly easily track my time and send invoices.

Cons

That said, Accelo is so utterly confusing, that if you don't already have a complex management system that you're converting from, and is one which you already mastered, you can get very easily overwhelmed by the differences between Retainers, Tickets, Projects. You can attempt to just use one of them and see how it works for you, but then certain items won't be billable if not set up with the correct item. I wish they had templates set-up already designed for different industries, where they had instructions of how to setup and perform specific processes for your needs. Then a guide to stages to go to the next complexity of tools. I feel like I can't move forward for fear of breaking the 10% I'm able to use properly (or improperly). Support is very poor and only available via email. It can take a day for a response and I find myself having a week long back and forth on something that would take just a few minutes via phone.

Response from Accelo

Hi Joshua, sorry for the frustrations with support. Since your review we've invested a lot into building out our support team, and have also introduced options for real-time support for users who want/need it for their businesses.

Kevin

Reviewed on 29/03/2019

Visibility is the key

What happened in my business today, is the burning question Accelo helps me answer.

Pros

Across all our different revenue streams, tickets, contracts, projects we can for the first time, incredibly easily track activity and therefore see Profit per employee and Profit per Contract / Project / Ticket alot more easily.

Cons

It doesn't really suit a software consultancy although strides into Adaptive Project Management are definitly steps in the right direction, and I have no doubt the Accelo team will continue to listen to customers and improve at a rapid rate as they have done for quite a number of years now.

DANIEL

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

COMPLICATED COMPARE TO ANOTHER SOLUTIONS OUT THERE

I GIVE THIS QUALIFICATION TO ACCELO CAUSE COMPARE TO OTHER SOLUTIONS IN THE MARKET IS VERY DIFFICULT TO DEPLOY WHEN YOU DONT PAY WITH THE DIRECT VENDOR THE SERVICES. I BELIVE THAT THERES OTHERS TOOL´S MORE INTUITIVE OUT THER

Pros

ALL YOUR INFORMATION IN ONE PLACE SECURE AND MOST OF THE TIME AVAILABLE, ALSO YOU CAN GET ACCESS FROM ALL YOUR FAVORITE DEVICE´S.

Cons

IS VERY DIFFICULT TO CONFIGURED IT IF YOU DON´T PAY THE ACCELO IMPLEMENTATION, IS NOT SO INTUITIVE AS OTHER SOLUTIONS IN THE MARKET, PEOPLE GETS VERY FRUSTRATED WITH THIS TOOL.

Response from Accelo

Thanks for your feedback, Daniel. It certainly is a balance to strike when deciding whether to build a product which has more power and complexity vs keeping it simple but resulting in people having to use many products to do their job or run their business.

While most technology companies choose the later path - do less, be easier, and make it the responsibility of the user/business owner to try and make sense of multiple systems - we've chosen to go the other direction, with a focus on giving businesses a powerful product to run their business. Since no two businesses are the same, this usually also means more configuration/setup (since it is designed to really run all the client work in your business).

As much as we'd love to have a product which was truly self-serve and didn't require implementation, configuration & training for our clients to be really successful, the reality is that services (from Accelo or one of our partners) are necessary for most businesses to be successful

Reviewed on 03/11/2017

Beware of what you're getting into

Pros

The tool is very powerful. It has a lot of features that allow you to do time tracking, project management, client communication, invoicing and much more. I think because it is trying to be so many things, it is lacking in most all of those areas and the user experience and overall feature set is quite cumbersome and falls below expectations for the money.

Cons

The tool is overly complicated and lacks what you would consider basic features in so many ways. Our team of 8 people spent over 200 hours learning the tool and we are still learning and still frustrated weekly. They try to say that you can make the tool do about anything you want, but doing even the basics requires a tremendous amount of time. Things that should take 30 seconds often take multiple minutes. The system loads pages so slowly that it's not uncommon to watch the wheel spin for 30+ seconds which seems like an eternity when you are trying to work. I would not purchase the tool again and I would not recommend it to others unless you have a full time staff of IT or super users who will do nothing but manage the tool.

Response from Accelo

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience with Accelo so far. We offer support via email or over the phone, we are happy to offer any help needed in configuring Accelo to best fit your needs.

Feel free to reach out to us: [email protected]

Replied 08/11/2017
Nate

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Solid Service Desk tool for the money.

Pros

I like the affordability. We are a new MSP and this was a great entry level service desk tool for our company.

Cons

There are some moments that feel unfinished. The email system for alerts and tickets is clunky and has been my least favorite piece of this offering. I was able to make it work, but I don't love the workflow and there are a lot of extra steps that seem unneeded in general. I understand that the idea is to leave it open and able to be customized, but I for one would have much preferred a solid base build that required much less configuration. It leaves the end user feeling like I did the job of an architect instead of a more complete out of box experience. I think people want a more plug and play experience from a service desk tool. It took weeks of configurations to get it to the point of being usable in a real world way. Sandboxing wasn't an option as we needed a production ready tool now, not 3 weeks from now.

• Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 27/09/2018

Filters and Reports

I liked a lot in general, but is a big issue the reports deficit and the lack of data to export

Pros

It has the Signoff feature : I really like this , you can send an approval to any people added in the project , also a client ( guest licences), and them can approve the request ( like a changes or new feature )

Proyect Type Function: You can customize the flow of the Project Like at this moment it is the stage 1 - next is Stage 2 , you can add them as you need , related also with a specific custom fields to the type of project.

End user portal: I really like it it shows all the projects related to this client, the gant chart, signofs, and also it allow you to send request ,

Cons

*Filters and reports:
*Filters you cannot search information for the new custon fields
in the main view you cannot add the custom fields, nether the progress in the project overview .
the report sections : totally deficient only has 2 types , and you cannot add the custom fields.
*If we need to create reports or executive reports, it is very difficult because it does not allow to export all that is needed.

Craig
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 02/11/2016

Most feature packed project management tool we could find

With Accelo everything is all in the one place: CRM, Email Communication, Project Management, Support Ticketing, Invoicing, Retainers, etc. and it also integrates with our other tools (Xero, MailChimp) and when there isn't an integration there is the API which covers 90% of the product. It's the only product we found that did everything well.
Interface is clean and easy to use (although has a bit of a learning curve - mostly due to the HUGE amount of features and multiple ways to get things done).
Support is responsive and when something doesn't work they are quick to rectify. The automatic scheduling is a little inflexible and favours distributing work across multiple work days rather than in one solid block.
The API doesn't cover retainers. We have almost 800 subscriptions from a previous product that we can't import.
The product is pretty expensive when compared to competitors - even for all the functions it provides.
Reports are limited to what is provided and filtering of tables. Would be great to be able to build more complicated reports across different record types.
Xero integration is great but doesn't track custom columns in invoices.

Nicole
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 20/02/2019

Amazing and easy

Working remotely, this software has solved all real time issues between our company, helps us stay on track with deadlines, see what else is n3eded from us by the clientele, and ease of communication between the company when we are never physically together.

Pros

It is available to use anywhere, anytime, just need to log in.

Cons

There are a lot of options for creating tasks, tickets, items, etc. So it took time getting familiar with the use and difference between each one.

Sara
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 25/05/2017

Great experience, but a bit over our budget

Pros

Accelo has a lot of modules, likely more than you need, but that's good because it can grow with you. I like the new projects module and how the project overview dashboard can help a lot with project planning. It is very fast and easy to add time to tasks and milestones. I also appreciate the estimates function and how easy it is to turn an estimate into a project. I think Accelo makes it much easier to keep your projects on budget.

Cons

I felt a bit overwhelmed with Accelo because of all the tabs, features and buttons. I think they cleaned it up a bit recently but I still feel it is a bit more cluttered than other softwares. The price is also quite a bit more than some of their competitors.

Response from Accelo

Hi Sara,

I appreciate your feedback! I'll make sure to relay these issues to our product team.

Kind regards,

Replied 24/10/2017
Ellen
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 01/08/2019

quotes to contracts to projects done seamlessly

good for client management and productivity tracking

Pros

fully fledged CRM to manage leads effectively through the quotation process. Good way to monitor time and activity at work to understand and prioritize product time. Very well integrates with email, voip and salesforce to allow for good handle on information flow across system and give a consolidated view.

Cons

nothing much that i can think of which needs to change.

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Accelo

more focused on enterprise servops