Everhour Reviews

About Everhour

Everhour is a cloud-based time tracking and project management solution for teams and small to midsize businesses across various industries such as marketing and advertising, nonprofits, consultancies, and more. Track the time...

Browse Everhour Reviews

Martin
Martin

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

Good software for time tracking

Pros

Easy to understand and use and explain to other colleagues in team, yeat full functionality.

Cons

Sync with other systems (like JIRA) is basic only. Rights for different roles are set up in different way that we would need in our company, but understand that this might vary. Maybe it would make sense to allow admins to set up custom roles?

Jira , My Hours and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to Everhour

Price/performance, budget trakcing on different levels, different levels of detail in project/section/task and estimates.

Response from Everhour

Thank you for the high grade, Martin! We are working on some improvements to our Jira integration, stay tuned ;)

Reviewed on 28/06/2023

Does what it says it'll do!

Amazing support

Pros

Live, real-time view of time tracking against the budget in Asana

Cons

I would love a cheaper per-person rate for contractors needing basic time-tracking capability. I would love it if the reporting setup was a little easier and template-driven.

Harvest

Reasons for Choosing Everhour

Because it's junk! Horrible interface and reporting.

WorkflowMax

Reasons for Switching to Everhour

Familiarity with it before switching to WorkflowMax (on the advice of our accountants).

Response from Everhour

Thanks Paul!

Replied 23/08/2023
Ivan

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

Easy to use but huge problem with Asana

I always trust you time tracking, after this latest discover, I'm check back every hour counted till now.
Sorry to say my experience isn't good.

Pros

it's easy to use, this is the main things that convince us to move to this time tracking system for Asana

Cons

I discover after 2 years that your sw don't track under second layer ok sub task for performance issue with Asana API. I did lot of wrong analysis...

Harvest and Wrike

easy to use...

Response from Everhour

Hi Ivan,

This is bad to hear that we might have let you down! We are going to take another approach to improve the total calculation.

Top Everhour Alternatives

Laban

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

Phenomenal tool for effective time management

Everhour has made our time tracking seamless hence empowering our project management.

Pros

I like its robust forecasting capabilities that help us to accurately estimate time and budgets. Thanks to Everhour, we are able to get indepth reporting on our projects which enhance project and time planning.

Cons

The functionalities of its mobile app could be enhanced for effective time tracking.

Response from Everhour

Thanks for the phenomenal review!

Replied 12/04/2024

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

Excellent, just excellent

Tracking time and cost to me vs employee. Seeing meeting time costs and ensuring meetings are short. Improved visibility into costs of things I didn't realize takes so long.

Pros

I like the Asana integration. I use the application regularly to keep track of project timelines and estimates. Manage employee times and timesheets and know who's in and who's out. Tried about 4 other apps and this was the exact one I was looking for. Once I found it I stopped looking.

Cons

I sometimes get confused where some of the admin features live. Having the tabs in tabs I can get a bit lost finding what tab contains timesheets or reports.

Time Doctor

Reasons for Choosing Everhour

Manic time wasn't developing. They didn't have good Mac integration, didn't have good admin abilities and couldn't edit other employees times.

Reasons for Switching to Everhour

We tried 3 other software apps before settling on this. After using the other ones Integration was not good, the apps weren't consistent and it was difficult to get what we wanted in reports. Everhour was excellent and gave us exactly what we wanted. We run multiple projects and needed to easily track all of them as well as subsets of projects. This let us do it without complex configuration. It just worked.

Response from Everhour

Hi Daniel, thanks a lot for your feedback. We will think it over how to avoid menus in menus.

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Everhour Review

Pros

Everhour is very easy to use, as a daily user and admin, I use it every day to track time, and weekly to generate billing reports and invoices. Everhour has been invaluable to accurately tracking and billing my time.

Cons

Only thing missing is a phone app, but the website works well enough on mobile that you don't really need it.

RescueTime and Toggl Track

Reasons for Choosing Everhour

When I switched, the integrations with everhour were better, and the reporting and invoicing were better.

Toggl Track

Reasons for Switching to Everhour

better integrations and better invoicing and billing stories.

Response from Everhour

Hi David, thanks for a great review! do you refer to an Android app?

Roshni

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Loving Everhour so far

Pros

I use Everhour integrated with JIRA. New updates come through every few days making the product more wholistic in its purpose, seems like they're working through a well-prioritised list of features.
I'm quite excited to see new stuff being rolled out almost each week even though not all of them always apply to me. They respond very quickly to support requests and their help sections are quite informative.

Cons

I didn't have the option to import hours from my old tool into Everhour and had to / still have to do that manually for 10 people for 3 months so we could get all hours from start of the financial year into the system.
There is an option to set Client Budgets however they dont get pulled into the reports (yet) - waiting for this feature to come through soon :)
Would be good t be able to define multiple budget periods.
Eg: "xx" amount for initial implementation for a client from Jan-Feb, and then an on-going "yy" amount from March on wards .
This is currently a manageable issue, but i do need to go in and remember to change budgets etc manually.

Response from Everhour

Hi Roshni, thanks for your thoughts, we will think about them!

Skyler

Reviewed on 27/10/2021

I've Tested the Alternatives: Everhour is the Best Time Tracking Tool for Apps like Asana and...

I've been using Everhour for over a year and things have been great. I've used the major alternatives and Everhour is the most seamless to use with the most features.

Pros

It's seamless integration with Asana. The ability to capture data directly from Asana and track time without having to define a project every time you need to do so is a huge time saver. The ability to also track budget based on whatever ways work best for your business model is fantastic as well (e.g. by cost, hours, billing, etc.).

Cons

A few things I wish were better would be:

• A direct integration with Data Studio.
• The ability to handle expense recording directly within Asana and/or the ability to do bulk expense recording.
• The ability to handle workload management using Asana data.

Response from Everhour

Hi Skyler, thanks for this review! Heads up, we are actively working on your 3rd desire from Cons box!

Replied 01/11/2021
Joel

Reviewed on 24/03/2023

Everhour makes managing our projects and team more effective

Pros

We track our time directly in our project management tool. It makes budgeting easier and more effective, saving us time and keeping our attention in the place where we do all of our work: Asana.

Cons

It would be great if the accounts payable side of Everhour integrated with Xero, i.e., what we owe to contractors. Then it would be a complete package!

Airtable

Reasons for Choosing Everhour

We wanted a budgeting tool. Everhour offers it, and it integrates with how we already work in Asana.

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to Everhour

We had to do all kinds of customization to make Airtable work. Everhour had all of the features we were trying to build ourselves. It saved us a huge amount of effort and time, and it is far more effective.

Response from Everhour

Thanks, Xero integration development is kept in mind for sure!

Replied 21/06/2023
Trudy

Reviewed on 11/03/2024

Solid Time Tracking software

We've trialed most leading time tracking and project management platforms.
Everhour meets our specific needs to be able to log hours against client projects and easily issue real time reports with account statements.

Pros

project time tracking, the reporting, support was very good.

Cons

Would like to be able to use more than 1 tag for a task without it creating a new line item on the reports.

Response from Everhour

Thanks for this review!

Replied 12/04/2024
Stefan

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

Overall Analysis

Pros

Software integrates very good into Asana which is essential for us.
Everhour has a great Report Engine.

Cons

Lost Safari Plugin due to update to Safari 13.
No API to write own integrations with Zapier and co.

Response from Everhour

Hi Stefan, we will definitely address the issue with a Safari plugin in the future. And there is a doc with our API on the front page, didn't you see it?

Greg

Reviewed on 04/08/2023

Everhour has seamless integration

Great time tracker and great integrations. We would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

One of the biggest reasons we chose Everhour was for the two integrations it has with Asana, and with Quickbooks.They are now seamlessly integrated where we can track time in Everhour or in Asana without them feeling disconnected or incongruent. The Asana integration has worked great for our time tracking needs.Our Quickbooks client and project list is our single source of truth. With Everhour it was able to take those lists and integrate them just as we needed it to. When we create invoices through Everhour it does a great job of copying them to Quickbooks.

Cons

Our biggest problem (and truly the only hitch right now) is that we have to manually export all of our invoices from Everhour to Quickbooks. We wish that this could be a simpler and less manually intensive route where we don't need to click through every client and we end up with 50+ tabs that have created the invoices.We wish we had a more dedicated page to send off the Invoices quickly and effortlessly, while still being able to edit the line items and expenses. (Further, why aren't we able to create invoices that only have expenses in them more easily?)

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Everhour

Everhour has better integrations and a smarter way to track time. Pause/unpause is great!

Response from Everhour

Thanks for the notice, Greg. We will think it further.

Replied 23/08/2023
Loren
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

Asana Integration is Unparalleled

Pros

We use Asana for project management and Everhour integrates in a way that make it feel like the time tracking is managed completely in asana. It tracks to each task and sub task as we create them in asana — and can track tags, people, estimates, billable vs non-billable, and probably a bunch more things I don't even know. Compared to other time trackers that "integrate" with asana — they simply provide an interface button where you still have to select the task again, vs. everhour where you create the task in asana and click the start button and you're on your way.

Cons

Nothing I'm aware of yet. I guess having more robust invoicing would save me from exporting the invoicing to Xero.

Response from Everhour

Thank you for leaving this review, Loren!

Replied 02/11/2021

Reviewed on 09/06/2018

Great tool to track your working time

Pros

I found this tool really not invasive and very easy to use. You can install the extension for chrome and then it just shows a tiny icon on the bar from where you can open the tool and see your activity and also start or stop tracking a task from there.
If you use asana on your company, then this tool will make time-tracking even easier thanks to its integration with asana.
When you're logged in asana you can start tracking from there already as a "play" icon will show next to every task from where you can start tracking by just clicking on it. The icon will turn into a "stop" icon so that you can stop tracking when you're done, or simply click on the play icon next to another task to start tracking next.
Another major and great feature of the tool is that you can generate reports of your tracking (or your team's tracking) that can be customisable to the very detail, allowing you to filter by multiple variables and time frames.

Cons

The reporting feature is powerful but can be a bit tricky to set up due to the fact that there are multiple options that you can select from.
So, you may need some time playing with them until you obtain exactly what you need.

Response from Everhour

Oh, thanks for your wonderful review!

Replied 11/06/2018
Brenden

Reviewed on 02/09/2021

Fantastic Software!

I have been extremely impressed by Everhour from design, to speed, to support it is all top notch.

Pros

Everhour fits seamlessly into Asana. It is though Asana themselves designed this into their software. It works perfectly!

Cons

I can't think of any features that are missing.

Response from Everhour

Hi Brenden, thanks for this review! We currently integrate with QBO in terms of invoicing, do you want to integrate for payroll?

Replied 08/09/2021

Reviewed on 22/11/2019

It´s not about being good from start. It´s about getting better every day

Helping us to get up every morning and going to bed with the satisfaction of the done duty.

Pros

Un click from my Trello integration.

From Trello I structure my homework. But from EverHour I exaclty know if i´m being eficient, if i´m being "profitable" with my time.

And please don´t think that I mean "money" about being "profitable". No no no!! It´s my time i´m being profitable, my most valuable good.

Cons

I had some issues with the last version. But seems like they read my needs. The report section improved a looot! and the "time" page now is simply beutiful. I like the new "home" page too.

Probably, after a couple of more months I´ll find other issues. I hope the listen by that time as they did before. It´s not about being good from start. It´s about getting better every day

Response from Everhour

Hey Daniel, thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate your insights and will do all our best to keep on getting better for you every day!

Replied 11/12/2019
Thomas
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 22/06/2018

Usable plugin but with errors

The possibility of tracking time in Asana

Pros

Integrates with Asana using Chrome browser and makes time tracking possible.
With Chrome it's easy to set up. You just add the extension and connect it to Asana through the integration settings.

Cons

Often there are sync problems to Asana so working hours are often lost. It can be sync again but you have to find the lost task to do this and sometimes in large projects it can be hard to remember what have been done and not.

Everhour cannot be integrated to Asana Window App or with Microsoft Edge so it works with the Asana (like with Chrome). This is a huge deal breaker because I use Edge a lot. The customer support couldn't even tell me that Everhour had this issue - I had to find out myself.

Response from Everhour

Hi Thomas,

I'd be lying if I said I'm happy to hear such a negative feedback, but it's your right.

Yes, we do not support Edge browser. But it's not only for Chrome. We support Chrome, FireFox and Safari.

Yes, we cannot embed time tracking controls into native Asana apps. This is technically impossible unless Asana integrate with Everhour one day. Has anyone else do this?

As for our support service - I can't believe that you asked us about supported browsers or native Asana apps (such a simple questions) and we were not able to answer.

Respectfully,
Mike

Replied 25/06/2018

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

Integrates with other task management software

Everhour was really useful in tracking the time spent on jobs so that we could properly bill clients and better understand how long specific jobs took for future quotes and estimates.

Pros

We used Everhour with our task management software (Basecamp) to help keep track of billable hours and time spent on projects for clients. It was very easy to use and integrated almost seamlessly. We were also able to download a chrome app so that we could clock in and out quickly from any tab eve if Basecamp wasn't open. It was also easy to adjust hours if a mistake was made. You can also set up estimates - which is a feature I have yet to use.

Cons

While you can adjust times when mistakes are made, it would be nice if you could set up notifications if a job is running longer than usual or during off hours. In addition, of line functionality would be great for times when we don't have internet access.

Response from Everhour

Thank you so much for leaving a review! Was it not enough to use the browser notifications we offer in your personal settings?

Replied 05/02/2019
Karl
Karl

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

A Game-Changer that was introduced to our company.

Ability to calculate the effectiveness of our projects and staff member profit/loss ratios. Tracking which task took too long to complete or clients who we need to increase charges for.

Pros

Ability to have Everhour and Basecamp integrated. The option to set base cost of employees and "hourly client rate" which then calculates the profit/loss per project is amazing. The export features are great for analyzing data and workflow.

Everhour has came a long way since it first began and since the first time I have used it (over 2 years ago, and hated it!). Now, that has all changed and we simply cannot live without Everhour.

Cons

I have rated the 'Features & Functionality' section with 3 stars for the sole reason to let you know there is room for improvement. I think the permissions for individual employees which limit when they can edit time, whos time they can see are among some from top of my head.

PS: Being able to deauthorize Basecamp integration would be handy rather than going the extra length to your custom support team to remove those integration (accidental setups etc).

Response from Everhour

Thanks for this comprehensive review, Karl!

Replied 20/07/2018
Seseyon

Reviewed on 10/05/2024

Everhour:a nice platform for tracking time!

Pros

It gives us an overview of what is being done at a given time.
Keep track of team’s hours and project hours.
Customer support is great.

Cons

User friendly software.very much satisfied with it.

Response from Everhour

Hi, nice review!

Replied 17/07/2024
Brian

Reviewed on 18/09/2017

Everhour is a great software tool that allows us to track time for internal tasks and billable...

Pros

Everhour integrates with Asana, which is great for our company. We are able to track time within Asana or the Chrome browser. It's super easy to set up and track time on individual tasks (which helps immensely with reporting).

Cons

Everhour's reporting UX isn't the easiest to navigate through.

Also, let's say it's Friday and you have a vacation planned for next week. You can't add tracked time for any dates in the future. This is annoying because we have to track all internal time, so whenever we get back from vacation we have to log those hours (and sometimes people forget).

Response from Everhour

Thanks for the opinion, btw, the option to track dates for future is available now!

Replied 19/09/2017
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 03/04/2019

It was not possible for use

whatever I have found is that Everhour is not a standalone application.

Pros

• A simple and straight forward pricing system is easy to understand and customers can trust it without being worry about hidden costs.
• Easy signup just by entering an email address or by good account.
• Integration with other project management tools including Asan, Trello, Teamwork, …

Cons

• Signup by facebook account could be a good and fast option which is not available
• No integration with Microsoft Project and Oracle Primavera
• In the first login wizard, I user doesn’t want to connect the application to a project management software, there is no straight way for skipping this step. Moreover, it seems that the application doesn’t support standalone project management. finally, I had to connect the application to Trello
• I wanted to use the application via the Opera browser. I couldn't continue, because installing Chrome extension was obligatory and I cannot imagine working just by one kind of browser and just by installing an extension.
• In their website I saw two different links for sign-in Everhour1 and Everhour2, how do they expect users know the differences between these two links. (Very bad UX)

Response from Everhour

Hello, this is so sad that you gave us such a bad review. However, this is even sadder that you have not understood how to use some parts of our product.

First thing I want to touch on is Facebook login and integrations with MS project or Oracle Primavera. We do not have those and never pretend to say we have or are working on them. This is why it is so frustrating to read about it as a drawback of functionality.

I would be happy to show you how to use Everhour as a standalone project management tool, as well as explain the essence of our Trello integration, what browsers we officially support, etc.

Replied 09/04/2019
Laura
Laura
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Reviewed on 16/02/2019

The time tracking application you need

Pros

With Everhour you can track the time you spend working on assignments or tasks easily. Thanks to its integration with Asana you can start tracking the time when you take a task from within the application, which makes things very easy, but not only that, you will also be able how much time you or other members have tracked on a given task.
You can also generate reports for you and your team for a given period of time that are totally customisable to your needs.

Cons

I still haven't found any con to this powerful yet simple tool.

Response from Everhour

Thank you for a terrific review, Laura!

Replied 22/02/2019

Reviewed on 18/12/2019

So glad we found this

It's only been a couple months, but it's been amazing so far.

Pros

The seamless integration with the project management software we use, Asana. They also have a public API we are using for some software we built for automated reporting. Very powerful software, and saves a lot of time with manual entries.

Cons

The automatic syncing between Everhour and Asana is almost too good, or needs to be able to be adjusted. Currently, if we archive a project (like we finished it and no longer have tasks to track time on), it removes any tasks in that project from Everhour reports, even though there was time tracked on those tasks.

Response from Everhour

Hi and thank you for a great review! Please mind that we wipe off time only for users with a member and supervisor role. Admins always see the time of removed projects.

Replied 23/12/2019
Luigi

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

Great tracker!

Pros

A great thing about Everhour is that it understands the business need for time tracking and it satisfies that need very well. With integration with major browsers, Everhour is easy to use and not a bother. But my favorite thing about Everhour is that it understands the tendency for people to forget to track their time, which is why I really appreciate the edit time feature.

Cons

There have been moments that attempting integration didn't go seamlessly.

Response from Everhour

Hi Luigi, thank you for your rave review, we try to make sync work seamless 100% of time.

Replied 18/11/2019