About Kahoot!

Kahoot! is a learning management system (LMS), which helps schools and higher education institutions create games, interact with students via online sessions, streamline remote learning processes and track class progress via...

Browse Kahoot! Reviews

1,466 of 1,130 reviews
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 02/04/2021

Fun Interactive Game

Pandemic has made our companies monthly to quarterly meeting including events lame because everything has to be virtual but when we started using Kahoot every online event, the online programs became more interactive and fun. I am working at a bank and every event and meetings we have instead of renting a big place for everyone to gather and enjoy pandemic made us celebrate on each branches so we didnt get to have fun with other people from other branches, that was before Kahoot, now everyone is competitive to win on Kahoot games because our company bosses would send prizes for the winners.

Pros

The best feature i think s the interaction from different places at the same time. Also it's unbelievable that results are finalized real time, it is only a matter of internet speed for each of the participants.

Cons

I hope the developers can add a feature where the host can formulate and customize questions. Aside from that new other games would for sure excite the users more.

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

Easy to Use

It works well for educational settings and you can't beat free! I prefer other products for a more professional look (but they are limited to 40 responses for free) and use another similar product instead now due to answer choices appearing on student devices and ability to create lessons.

Pros

Kahoot is easy for anyone to use and set up everything from Review sessions to birthday quizzes.

Cons

Having to view the choices on main screen and then select them on personal devices was awkward.

Quizizz

Reasons for Choosing Kahoot!

Free plan number of responses

Poll Everywhere

Reasons for Switching to Kahoot!

I didn't.
Kelsie J.

Reviewed on 13/07/2019

Go-To Lesson Activity!

I used Kahoot at least one time each lesson to review vocabulary words, complete fill-in-the-blank questions, and review cultural concepts presented in the lesson. I use the results of this fun quiz-game activity to determine wether the students have mastered key concepts of the lesson or not and I make decisions on future lessons based on that data.

Pros

I love how easy this software is to navigate as a teacher and it's even more intuitive for students. You are able to create your own interactive quiz games to fit your lesson plans, or you can search for games already made by other teachers on the same topic. I have taken advantage of that feature several times when I was lesson planning on a time crunch. You are also able to use fun pictures and the software plays fun game-show music that really contributes to a fun learning environment. Another amazing feature Kahoot offers is an option to look through the results of the quiz game when it is over in order to determine which students have mastered certain concepts and which still need more practice. It helps me greatly with the pacing of my lessons.

Cons

The only complaint I have about this software is that students are allowed to chose their own name. I do like that students are given that freedom, but not all students chose the most appropriate names. So, I would love to see an "assigned name" option for classes that may not handle the freedom to chose their own name as well as others.

Top Kahoot! Alternatives

Sanjay K.

Reviewed on 01/12/2020

Best Gamified Learning Platform

I have done 10+ Events with Kahoot, just to make the event more interactive by making the live Quiz game, and every time it added a lot of value to my session. I haven't explored the new features but still the Quiz on is my favorite and the customer support is really great.

Pros

The best platform to make learning fun, Especially the Quiz sections. The level of customization you can do on the platform is really great. This is the major feature I like. Kahoot+ & Drops is an amazing way to do collaborate and learn a new language. Can use this for training in the institution very effectively using Kahoot.

Cons

When comes to subscription it's bit expensive, and loading takes time, would prefer a fast loading mostly. Though you can do most of the customization free version limits users in trying the new features. The new product update blog is great but would prefer step by step instructions.

• Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 31/03/2020

“ Kahoot reach students via distance learning “

Overall Kahoot is advantageous to both teachers and students. Kahoot is amazing as students can learn while playing. Using this software is the best way to reach students especially during the quarantine period. Also, it gives a kind of freedom for students to learn from the home without bounding to the tight schedule. Kahoot is a simple software that can get access to anyone easily.

Pros

In point of view, this Kahoot software gives a lot of benefits when it comes to distance learning. Because of its flexibility, it gives kind of free learning outside the high school. As it can easily accessible anyone can use it and engage in the learning process through the learning processes in the schools and universities are declined due to epidemic situations or anything else. Its colorful background motivates me to keep learning happily. Kahoot inspires students to make their own Kahoots by convincing them of challenges. It tempts to build leaders among students while doing those stuff. though it is a kind of distance learning, it enables the student to build up relationships with each other within the community while engaging the learning process. As this software is free anyone can use it. This Kahoot software is the best solution to generate quizzes and distribute among students while keeping student-teacher connection outside the classroom. This software is convenient and easy to use when basics are known. Hence it is important to students like me as I’m unable to use quite difficult software. I’m so happy about this software and I highly recommended this software.

Cons

Sometimes this software is lagging while using when the internet connection slows down as it requires a fast internet connection to proceed. It uses a lot of time when producing our own quizzes and limitation of the characters when answering are the only downsides I noticed about this software.

Avery M.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 02/01/2021

Kahoot can turn ANY meeting into a fun meeting

We used it for our FCA meetings every week, using it to not only recap on the lesson we learned the week before, but to also have fun questions to engage students with one another. The ranking system is something we always enjoyed the most, because having a classroom of Athletes, we are ALWAYS competitive in everything that we do. I have nothing but LOVE for this program

Pros

Kahoot was something that was shown to me, and it is probably one of the greatest ways to make an Icebreaker for your groups! The fun that it brings to the meetings is something that I encourage more people to look into. We have used it for serious topics, and we have used it for more laid back settings. All in all, I have enjoyed the great environment Kahoot creates when you use it to open up a meeting. I recommend everyone to give this program a try. Whether you are a teacher, CEO, or organization leader, Kahoot can benefit you in multiple ways!

Cons

Not that many bad things about it. I would say add a bit more features to the low version, just to give people a better feel for the product.

Reviewed on 24/09/2020

Easy, fun, and useful in many situations!

I have used Kahoot in a variety of jobs and circumstances. The different ways it can be implemented are really endless. I've used it for test reviews with children, group training purposes, and even just for trivia with friends. It's simple, clean and a lot of fun.

Pros

Kahoot is just bundles of fun. It makes any kind of learning, review or testing fun, and gamified. Fun elements like silly usernames, catchy music and ever-updating stats about the players.
It's easy to find a lot of premade Kahoots on a variety of topics, and it's super simple and straightforward to create your own. I love that everyone can use their own devices so you don't need any additional equipment or even software, you can just go to the url.

Cons

I wouldn't change much about this software. I will say that when doing Kahoots with children, it can be kind of discouraging or embarrassing for students when they see the leaderboard after each question if they are doing poorly. There may be an option to turn off the leaderboard that I was not aware of, but I usually just scroll quickly past that slide.

Christa M.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

Useful for interactive trivia

I was trying to find a way to have an interactive trivia game during a Zoom call, and someone recommended Kahoot! It was fairly quick and easy to set up and start entering questions. The only downside is that it took more time than I had expected to explain the game and make sure people understood how to play it. However, once we figured it out, it was easy to play and fun to see who got the high score. We even played a second round to see if the scores would change. It was also a great way to learn new information, and we shared some laughs along the way. It was much better than having others listen to me share information, and it allowed for greater personal interaction during a live Zoom call.

Pros

It was very easy to create an account and begin setting up questions. Though I used the least expensive option, I was still able to do everything I wanted to do within a very short time frame. When I did get stuck, there were helpful hints that allowed me to solve my problem very easily. I quickly added a few multiple choice questions and then played the game during a live Zoom call. The other people really enjoyed it because it allowed them to have input into the activity, and they learned new information through the multiple choice questions.

Cons

During a live Zoom call, I shared my screen but then the easiest way for other people to play was if they had a separate device. This made it a bit complicated at first because people weren't prepared. They were also confused at first about how to play since the question was on my shared screen, but they had to choose from color-coded answers on their screen. It required more up-front instruction to play the game than I had anticipated.

• Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 31/12/2019

Very funny

I have used it on specific occasions, in different areas: work, academic, family. It is a very easy application to use and therefore I recommend it.

Pros

It is a very fun and dynamic application through which you can perform a kind of trivial. There is a person who creates the game and through a link and a code invites other participants. You can play the game more than once, which is very useful in the educational field to learn in a fun way. In addition, a very practical thing is that you can export the results to Excel, this is useful when you have made long questionnaires or want to make a presentation later. Finally, it is intuitive, free and easy to use.

Cons

There's nothing remarkable negative. Perhaps it sometimes takes a little while to load when there are a lot of people participating, although possibly that is not the fault of the software but of the Internet of the company where it is used.

Eric G.

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

Kahoot! Digital Fun for All Ages

I have used Kahoot! in my classroom for a few years now. My students really enjoy that experience and often ask for Kahoots. It is also very popular with my coworkers and great for use in staff meetings. I have been using it even more in connection with Zoom while teaching in a 'distance learning' model.

Pros

I love Kahoot! I like most that you are able to create interactive and engaging presentations that feel like a game show. It is easy for anyone to join and the feeling of competition and satisfaction is unlike anything else. Making the Kahoots is a simple process and really allows for some fun personalization.

Cons

I think that sometimes the scoring and the ways that rankings are done can feel a bit unfair. It can feel like if a person is a 'runaway leader' that there is no way for anyone to catch up and make it work.

Ryan P.

Reviewed on 21/09/2020

So useful and fun for students

Pros

This is suck a fun way to engage students and is one of the easiest programs to use for online group quizzes. My students love to do the team feature as well as individual and compete while learning! I love how there are so many pre loaded quizzes, you can literally start one less than 5 minutes after thinking of what topic you want to cover. Educational or just for fun, it is so useful.

Cons

I do wish they had a self paced option so students could complete individually without waiting on a slower classmate. Also I am not a fan of the colored choices, I'd rather see the actual choices listed.

• Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 03/06/2021

Excellent educational tool that links fun with learning -- especially for students learning...

Overall it is a fantastic application for fun learning, and there aren't many other apps that come close to offering what Kahoot does

Pros

- Kahoot is king when it comes to putting the fun back in learning, with competition styled quiz questions
- Students love the theme music, crisp animation, the competition theme such as the leaderboard, win streak, timer etc
- Creating and editing already existing Kahoots is very easy to do, ensuring that you'll have your Kahoot up and running in no time
- Great pricing for schools, Kahoot premium was free for a while due to COVID. This software works great both in person and online classroom environments making it an all-round winner

Cons

- I wish there were custom timer options, since now there are only preset times for each round. For specific questions in some classes this would make a difference so I don't have to skip at the end of every round
- There should be an option to go back to a previous question to look at the answers in case of accidentally skipping, as sometimes if a lot of students get an answer wrong the teacher may want to take a moment to explain the question

Amy G.

Reviewed on 15/08/2019

great for college level teaching and presentations

Kahoot allows me to use less paper in the classroom, automatically grades quizzes, and engages students in an exciting way. It helps cut down on my teaching prep labor. It's free too! This is great because then students can use it risk-free and try out new software to create more interesting and different projects and presentations.

Pros

I use Kahoot in my classroom; the students being college undergraduates. I used Kahoot as a quick in-class quiz to check in about reading materials and review content. Students really liked using their laptops over paper quizzes, and I appreciated how Kahoot has so many design options so I can customize the quizzes. Students then use Kahoot as an audience engagement tool in their presentations and it allowed them to make lectures more interactive. Kahoot is very easy to use no matter your level of tech knowledge.

Cons

Sometimes, Kahoot was not reliable, i.e. the website would crash or have glitch errors, and this disrupted my lesson plans. I also don't like how Kahoot requires you to have an account to take quizzes, because this slowed down the process of actively using it and became tedious.

Shankar G.

Reviewed on 28/05/2021

Quiz Making has never been this easy!

I'm impressed with Kahoot!. It provided me with value for my money.

Pros

It's a versatile app with attractive UI. Getting used to is very easy and fast. It has a huge library of quizzes to choose from along with adding our own quizzes. All you need to do is sign in, make your quiz, apply beautiful templates readily available and boom! It generates a link which can be shared to anyone you want.

Cons

It's all good except some network errors. But It's mostly fine. I would love if the app would get more faster in low end devices like old tablets too.

Rebecca C.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Fast to use

Overall, my experience with Kahoot has been very positive.

Pros

My favorite part about Kahoot is how easy it is to use with large groups. As long as everyone has the code, I have not run into a limit of how many people can be on.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that if you are doing multiple quizzes with the same group you cannot stay signed in.

Christopher G.

Reviewed on 28/07/2021

Funny quizzes

Pros

You can do your own quizzes and you can play all the times you want in order to learn something, also you can share your quizzes to another people and that people can play it and learn about that, also let the opportunity to save the quiz and answer it in another time. It is a free to use software so this software is the best option because is so intuitive and every person can play it and learn something.

Cons

I dont have experienced some issue with this software, I only have heard that sometimes the software is delayed and you could have bugs such likeyou cannot answer the quiz. But I did not experience this issues.

Kathleen C.

Reviewed on 21/09/2020

Easy engagement for selected situations

Kahoot is really great as an "ice-breaker" for large assemblies. Having immediate feedback on how people are reacting or what they are thinking is a great way to start discussions. I have also heard that many faculty use Kahoot in the classroom for students to get quick self-assessments during class.

Pros

Kahoot is very easy to set up and for participants to use. The best feature is the immediate feedback that all participants can receive when doing surveys or asking group questions.

Cons

I felt the features were best suited to younger audiences. We have been using it with college faculty and staff to make campus assemblies more interactive. There also can be connectivity problems when asking all participants to use their own devices.

Sophia C.

Reviewed on 21/11/2020

Very fun

Overall, Kahoot is a great and engaging way for students to learn the content of their classes. From a student's point of view, it tops Jeopardy when it comes to the best ways to learn.

Pros

Kahoot is an extremely fun and engaging platform for students to engage with their coursework. I've never heard a fellow student tell me they hate Kahoot, because it's simply the best way for a student to learn. It's easy to join, through phone or laptop, and so fun to compete with other students. It also makes it very easy for the teacher to reward students who do well.

Cons

There's not much I dislike about Kahoot. Sometimes it can be a little laggy depending on the WiFi, but that's not really a Kahoot issue.

Missy L.

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

Kahoot Review

I really enjoyed using Kahoot in the past as a student and I intend to use it in my scenarios in the future.

Pros

Kahoot is so fun and easy to use! You can easily set up a quiz and then those who have smart phones can just add the app and join the quiz. It make learning a lot of fun and adds some competition to learning. I have used Kahoot in an academic and church setting as well and I felt it was effective in both situations. You can also change your Kahoot to have a lot of different factors such as making your questions in random order.

Cons

While there isn't much I don't like about Kahoot, I think it could be fun to change up the look of the answers and not have it be the same colors every time.

Heidi E.

Reviewed on 19/05/2021

Great, easy learning tool

My students loved to play Kahoot. Whether they were competitive and enjoyed making learning into a game or just liked to challenge themselves, it is a great way to get kids engaged and having fun in the classroom. It's easy, too!

Pros

Students and teachers alike love Kahoot and can benefit from it in almost any subject. Create or find premade quizzes for any topic. It's great for a quick review before a test, end-of-class activity, or fun way to practice skills year round.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to copy and paste test questions a little bit easier into the programming. The interface isn't the most advanced or easiest to use, but I don't have many complaints.

Gina G.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

Educators And Students LOVE Kahoot!

As an educator, I absolutely love Kahoot! This was such a game changing website and app when it came out. It can be used in any subject. It can be used individually or in groups. You can come up with all of your material or you can find material.

Pros

I absolutely love Kahoot I love how much the children enjoy it. It's super easy to go through the process of setting up questions and answers. You can even insert pictures as part of your answers for younger students. I highly recommend this to anyone not just educators!

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about Kahoot. I really can't think of a single con to list here because I've had nothing but good experience with it.

Kristen R.

Reviewed on 27/05/2021

Great Educational Review Tool, Few Hang-Ups

Overall, I’ve had few issues, and the tool is a good motivator.

Pros

Kahoot is a fantastic resource for either formative or summarize assessment, especially with features like the team, homework, or standard mode. The assessments can be done in real-time or as an asynchronous task. The gamification of the software gives motivation to complete and be accurate in answers. A great digital tool.

Cons

The only problem I have found with real-time use of the software is that if a user’s internet connection drops for a second, the program restarts them at a blank slate, so any points they have built up are lost.

Székács A.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

Kahoot

Overall, I find this tool the most engaging team knowledge 'meter', that i have tried during my career in SSC sector. It turns a 'must' into fun, competition, and besides it is engaging and entertaining.

Pros

What i like the most in this tool, that you i can pull proper reports from it, so to track results. I allowed me many times to schedule quiz sessions where topics/timing/no. of people required multiple events. It was super useful.

Cons

Well, i think possibility to modify answer in play time would be fair, plus space for answers are sometimes quite short. Overall the tool and its functionality totally compensates for these 'defects'.

Paul m R.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 19/06/2021

Another Great Classroom Tool

I have used this on a weekly basis to evaluate the learning progress of my students for various math topics throughout the school year. It has become my go-to tool to judge the speed each class needs to progress at to achieve learning.

Pros

This tool is easy to use and there are many Kahoot collections to choose from in many topic areas. I also find it easy to merge two (or more) Kahoots together. It is also very customizable.

Cons

The only negative I have is that sometimes I have found there are incorrect answers given. It is important that you examine questions and answers if you are searching to use previously made Kahoots.

• Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 08/07/2018

It is a fun way of learning as even by participating it helped me to remember answers

This has helped me in remembering facts which have not been easy for me to memorize. It is also a fun way of learning as it helps you to remember by doing the activity rather than just reading books and memorizing. I recommend Kahoot to be used in schools as well as in univesities.

Pros

I really loved this software as it was first introduced to me by one of my university lecturers at Swinburne. The whole class were given a quiz with many questions from the lecture notes by using Kahoot. It was a fun activity as everyone n the class was engaged and motivated to select the proper answer. It helped me alot in remmbering points, specialy some name of people which was har for me to memorize.

Cons

One issue that i have faced was that when logging in using the given code was a bit hard as it took time to detect all the people who has logged in to the game (could be due to the internet speeds and connectivity). The other drawback I see is that you cannot change an answer after selecting.