Finale Inventory Reviews

About Finale Inventory

Finale Inventory helps to optimize inventory and warehouse workflows for growing sellers. Our software is Intuitive so that anyone can use it and cloud-based so reporting can be seen in real-time whenever you're on the go....

Browse Finale Inventory Reviews

Reviewed on 03/08/2016

Chocoley Loves Finale

I just wanted to drop you a quick note to tell you how pleased Chocoley is with using Finale as our inventory management system. Having been on the Finale system for the past year, we have been able to easily integrate our website, Chocoley.com, Shipstation, QuickBooks and Amazon.com for a seamless and accurate management of our inventory across all marketing & sales channels.

Prior to using Finale, we were completely in the weeds and had nothing but problems managing our inventory. The idea of selling in different channels was a pipedream and thanks to Finale, it's not just a desire, but reality.

If anyone is thinking about utilizing Finale, they should move forward, as it is the right decision. No costly software to buy and the customer support has truly been unbelievable... I am always amazed at how much time and energy you guys have provided in answering questions or helping new employees get indoctrinated into using the system... always with a great attitude and willingness to help and never making us feel like we're taking too much time...and not charging a dime for that added benefit is HUGE!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for providing a great product and awesome service at such a reasonable price. I can't imagine using anyone other than Finale for our inventory management system.

Dayle
  • Industry: Program Development

Reviewed on 05/02/2022

Great product, but sometimes not reliable.

Overall the inventory system is great! It accomplished everything we needed it for and more.

Pros

Finale Inventory has a very simple import tool. You simply copy data from an excel spreadsheet and paste them into the inventory system through you web browser as the inventory is cloud-based. Finale takes care of the rest. This truly intuitive copy/paste import method saves time, and having the ability to edit products in your catalog editing your catalog makes it struggle free.

Generating Purchase Orders (PO) is pretty automated. Our team was able to jump straight in an create PO's in no time at all as it is streamlined and self explanatory.

You can have unlimited users that can be added to your team.

There are a huge amount of integration possibilities. So whether you are integrating with WooCommerce on a Wordpress CMS, or integrating with ShipStation, Final Inventory has you covered.

Cons

The system is sometimes a little glitchy. The Finale team do promise to iron some of these out in the near future, but right now they still remain.
Their team rarely apologies if the system hasn't been working as it should, and never admit fault.

Cin7 Omni and Zoho Inventory

Reasons for Switching to Finale Inventory

The price range was more in our budget, and I believe after trying out a demo of all three products, Finale Inventory seemed the easiest to use and learn.
Richard
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 24/12/2020

Customer support was completely absent

It seemed a good way of getting integration between other software that don't integrate themselves but the support is so bad it would be better just to go straight to the APIs of each of the software and write an integration yourself.

Pros

Throw into the bargain that integration with Prestashop does not work straight out of the box and that none of the support staff could be bothered and I'd find it very hard to continue with this trial.

Cons

No support, couldn't get it to talk to prestashop

QuickBooks Online and Unleashed

Reasons for Switching to Finale Inventory

I havn't chosen it yet, and it doesn't look like I'm going to. Also the reviews look a little non-kosher, whenever I see 5 star and 1 star reviews only I tend to take the 1 star review as the genuine one.

Top Finale Inventory Alternatives

Albert
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 22/04/2024

Finale Inventory has been a crucial tool in our inventory management

Pros

Comprehensive inventory management, flexible and customizable reporting, and extremely responsive customer support all make Finale an easy choice for our inventory needs. There has also been very little down time in the 2+ years we've been using Finale.

Cons

The only place where we've found Finale a little bit lacking is in their API documentation. Thankfully their support team is incredibly responsive and knowledgeable, which has made up for that.

Kristin
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 06/02/2021

Hairbrella x Finale

I've had an awesome experience with Finale so far. We plan to grow and they assured us they'd grow with us.

Pros

The setup process was very straight forward. Setting up your inventory system can be very tedious but it's very important that it is done correctly. Finale can be fully customized for any type of business.

Cons

I wouldn't change anything at all. Finale can be pretty complex to a new user so I would suggest teaming up with support. They're very friendly and can help you become a Finale pro in no time.

Reasons for Switching to Finale Inventory

The reviews were amazing and the onboarding team sealed the deal with their excellent customer service. They went over and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed to succeed.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 20/08/2020

10/10

I am very satisfied with the system. Never regretted my decision in choosing your services. After-sales service is also top-notch. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is very knowledgeable and helpful. I am looking forward to your improvements coming end of the year as [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has mentioned.

Pros

I like most is its flexibility to handle items with serial numbers.

Cons

Some functions are not present like returning an item to a supplier is not available in the Purchase Order and I would have wanted to be able to write a note per serial number/Lot ID.

inFlow Inventory

Reasons for Switching to Finale Inventory

Finale offers more of what I'm looking for in a system.
Bryce

Reviewed on 16/08/2019

Great Product!

Great product, great customer service, been a game changer for our business!

Pros

The software is very easy to learn and use, along with great features and functionality. Has some great workarounds and has been able to do everything we've needed and much more.

Cons

It's great so far, no complaints that I can think of to date.

• Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 29/12/2023

Fantastic inventory management and order management platform with great reporting

Pros

I've been using Finale for about 3 years and with 2 different businesses of varying SKU complexity. They integrated seamlessly with Amazon, Shopify, and Ebay. The average cost features and customizable reporting make my life so much easier.

Cons

The FBA integration needs some improvement but there's constantly making improvements and I expect to see that improved soon.

Response from Finale Inventory

This was a great way to end the year. Always love when we can help sellers become long-term customers in their growth journey.

There will be some big news coming out soon about the updated FBA experience. If you're interested to hear a little more, the team is always available to share more about it: [email protected]

Replied 02/01/2024
Lauren

Reviewed on 01/09/2023

Finale is 10/10!

Excellent- would use them again and again

Pros

Finale was one of the easiest, most intuitive platforms that I have used in my business. The dashboard, functionalities, and capabilities definitely set it apart in the industry. The customer service team and everyone from onboarding through daily assistance were incredible to work with. They helped me tremendously and my business with our inventory management.

Cons

Nothing- for what I needed to use it for, there were zero issues. Any obstacles I did face, with unique scenarios in my business the team assisted me with and worked through a resolution.

Marshall
Marshall
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 05/02/2019

Finale Inventory - Distributor's Perspective

The team at Finale Inventory has been amazing! They were extremely helpful with on-boarding; Have routinely answered support tickets during off hours; Go above and beyond trying to find us solutions to any issue; and have the patience to explain situations to us thoroughly.

Pros

When we were looking for a new inventory solution we had one major issue: How can we manage inventory across over a dozen websites, (and through our wholesales program) with some degree of accuracy, while allowing our in-house account managers and order processing personnel ease of use? Finale was a complete and total answer to that question.

Pros:
* Simple interface
* Extremely fast and easy for building purchase orders or sales orders
* Adding customers, suppliers, and new products is extremely easy.
* Very flexible reporting module.

Cons

* Not enough group security.
* Needs a bit more flexibility in the interface options.
* Needs a better way of tracking cancelled orders and how they affect inventory.

Brett
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 15/08/2019

Finale Inventory Has Transformed Our Company

We had purchased another inventory management system (Fishbowl) prior to Finale and we struggled to get it implemented for an embarrassingly long time. Everybody in the organization that touched it, hated it... and eventually I decided to abandon it and start my search over. After looking at an endless amount of options a friend recommended Finale. I remember looking at the reviews on Capterra and thinking it was just too good to be true, but that if they were true, I'd found my system. I poured through the demo videos expecting to find something that didn't jibe with how we did business, but I never did. So we started a trial.

I was very worried about push back from my staff, especially from the person that would be in charge of implementing it. Within 20 minutes of her poking around she was in love. Once we decided to move forward with it we were ready to start using it within a few weeks.

We're using Finale with ShipStation. The learning curve for both was almost non-existent. I have total buy-in from everybody that touches it. It's allowed us to become way better about keeping inventory in stock, made purchasing in time from overseas much easier. It's virtually eliminated shipping errors. For the first time in 20 years of running an inventory based business I TRUST what my inventory management system tells me I have in stock.

Most importantly, Finale has made us light years better at serving our customers.

Pros

Customer support is insanely good.

It accurately tracks inventory across several warehouses and sales channels.

The integration with Shipstation has revolutionized how we pick, pack and ship.

Creating and tracking bills of material across many complicated assemblies is easy and intuitive.

Picking using handheld scanners has virtually eliminated errors. In fact, we just went 30 days without a single report of a shipping error from a customer, and have averaged less than a 0.2% error rate in the 8 months that we've been using Finale. With our old system, the error rate was close to 3.0%.

Cycle counts with handhelds have eliminated the need to close down to take inventory, we're going to be off on December 31st for the first time ever!

Cons

We had a little bit of trouble with how Finale tracks BOM of an assembly sold on a marketplace, but worked with their support to find a workaround that has been satisfactory. Even though we didn't like the way it handled it out of the box, we felt like our needs were listened to and a permenant fix is being worked on.

Caleb
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 18/04/2018

The best recommendation for a warehouse management system we've ever gotten!

Pros

I have been using Finale for over Six months now and it really has been one of the better decisions that we have made moving forward with a warehouse management system. It was recommended to us by mutual friends. We came from using Skubana and there were so many things that just didn't work nor met our expectations about a WMS. We had to change a lot of our natural workflow to adapt to Skubana limitations and even then, it was a struggle.

When we first considered changing our system to Finale we were very sceptical since we had already committed so much to Skubana. We thought we would need to start back at square one and the entire gruesome process would start again. That wasn't the case at all, the switch over to Finale was not even a days' worth of work. It was so easy to set everything up that we were operating at 80% in the first 3 hours.

One of the most notable things about Finale is that we were able to address every single problem that our previous WMS could not. Some examples were Dynamic Purchase Order Integration, Location Auditing, System Search functions (Searched the entire database for items rather than just what is categorized under a supplier), and the ability to push fake qty and live qty for the same item for different listings on the same store. Finale works on having the system work, while some other WMS (Skubana) work on making their systems look good.

I look forward to seeing Finale grow more and more!

Cons

Nothing really, so far Finale has been really great. I have already been recommending Finale to a lot my other eCommerce friends that work in similar workflows that we do.

Austin
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Finale Does That

As a fulfillment company we had inventory for 20+ different clients each wanting an inventory report at any given time and for sure at the end of each month. Before Finale we were tracking inventory only on spreadsheets, this meant hours and hours were spent physically counting inventory. I can't tell you how many late nights were spent at the warehouse counting inventory. Once Finale was implemented those late nights were no more. Finale immediately saved us hours of time, no more long days of physically counting every piece in our warehouse.

We have numerous kitting projects and kits that are shipped from our warehouse, the Build feature has helped our company immensely with tracking inventory components of each build and keeping everything organized and easily accessible across our entire company.

I could go on and on about the features and flawless customer support Finale offers!

Pros

I love having the BoM feature. It has helped with our Kits that are either pre-built for the pick line or are a bundle that need to be shipped together. It has helped immensely with tracking inventory.

Cons

Wish it had an ios app for when I am away from my desk, that could easily pull up and display information.

NetSuite and Stitch Labs
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 19/10/2022

easy to use

I have changed warehouse software 3 times in 5 years and I am confident that Finale will be my final choice..

Pros

The system is extremely easy to use and and customisable. It was that easy that in the trial period, I uploaded my stock and inventory and was using it immediately over my exisiting program to search for products, inventory and locations. I was expecting to be testing the program and running along side my current software for a minimum of 2 months but it has been less than 2 weeks and we have already transferred over to it full time.Finale is extremely customisable and by far has the best search functionality i have used in a warehouse management system. With over 15500 SKUs, i need to know what i have in stock in a specific colour, size and style. Sometimes searching while i have a customer in front of me or on the phone. Finale does it all with easy.The onboarding is extremely thorough and they actually encourage me to book more session's. Its normally what comes with a software of a much higher price tag.

Cons

Integration with Xero - A popular accounting software has no integration, although they have a work a round.

Reviewed on 17/07/2018

Powerful functionality , Subpar UX

Overall I feel like Finale Inventory offers the most robust, powerful inventory management platform out there.

Pros

Overall, the functionality Finale Inventory offers is better than all the other software platforms I have tested and used over the years. The ability to map product aliases to a master sku is a necessary process I have found lacking on similar platforms. Finale offers a simple and straightforward way to manage this.

Setting up warehouses

Cons

The user interface is lacking. The platform is fast and their simple UI keeps it that way, but it certainly looks outdated. In addition their reporting and document templates are lacking, with a non-intuitive way to customize them.

Also, there's no real FBA integration. Essentially, you set up a virtual type of warehouse, call it AMAZON-FBA, set inventory levels, and then map those sales to that warehouse. There's no real querying of FBA to check inventory levels and show discrepancies. Although their approach is workable, it would very nice to actually have a real integration with FBA rather than a band-aid approach.

Mike
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 09/03/2021

Wouldn't be here without it

Pros

We purchased Finale Inventory within the first few weeks of starting our business in 2016, back when $149 was an insane amount of money to be spending on software each month and we could barely afford it. It was one of the best decisions we made. Not only do we have historic data going back to the beginning of our business, Finale has allowed us to grow and scale in a way we never could have without it. Our catalog started with a few component entries and has grown to hundreds of SKUs in a short couple of years. We never could have managed this growth in a sustainable manner without the important inventory tracking capabilities that Finale provides.

Cons

Velocity tracking of build orders and material usage similar to how components are tracked from sales orders.

Reviewed on 27/06/2020

Finale Inventory Software

Finale's customer service is exceptional. Can't express that enough.

Pros

Using Finale has saved us an incredible amount of time. The orders off our e-commerce websites are created automatically in Finale and inventory is adjusted and tracked automatically, requiring little to no work on our end for this. It really does so many things well, its hard to say one thing we like the most. We just take it for granted. Easily the best software company we have dealt with. They willingly and quickly answer our questions.

Cons

I think getting used to using it. Learning any new system takes time.

Heath

Reviewed on 26/04/2023

Finale is an extremely manageable, seamless tool!

After a year and a half with Finale I can definitely say that I would use it/recommend it to other businesses. I can do my job very quickly and accurately with this product.

Pros

When you take the time to really set up Finale with all of your product information and reorder points tightly, it makes every day work a breeze!

Cons

I'm definitely not a fan of the "Customize This Screen" feature. It has always had a bit "too" much information to pull from. It can also be very glitchy when trying to reorganize the way your dashboard looks.

Sean

Reviewed on 11/02/2021

Finale Inventory Review

Implementing Finale Inventory with our organization has been a game changer! The platform is easy to use & navigate. Integrating other company software platforms is a breeze! The Finale team is always working on ways to improve and update the system to give their users the best possible experience, and upgrading futures to aid management in all aspects of any organizations inventory needs, including analytics! The Finale customer support team is always quick to response and willing to help out in a timely and professional manner.

Pros

Integrating across multiple platforms is a breeze! Finale is easy to use & navigate! As our business grows Finale has the capabilities to grow with us our needs grow and at our own pace.

Cons

I Wish it had sort of customizable KPI dashboard built into the newly added analytics tab.

Christopher
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 17/05/2018

Wish I'd found Finale years ago

Syncs inventory across all selling channels to prevent overselling and underselling. Handles kits/bundles with no problem.

Pros

I've evaluated a few other solutions and for the money, Finale is great. There is a learning curve and it certainly helps if you're good with excel. But once you get things set up it's phenomenal. No more worrying about overselling - it syncs up with all our venues almost in real time. Also - and this can't be stressed enough - no more UNDERselling. We used to leave stock aside as a buffer to prevent overselling. Now we're confident keeping all that we have listed as stock changes (for breakage/miscount/etc) take seconds and are uploaded to all venues within minutes. I wish I'd have found this years ago!

Cons

The documentation can be a little confusing/incomplete in places but customer service is very responsive. Also, getting it to integrate with OpenCart was a bit of a chore but OpenCart almost always requires a little finagling to get things to work so I'm used to it. The only other thing that I'd like to see is a mobile app for quick inventory changes when we're away from a desktop/laptop. I tried bringing the desktop site up on my android phone and it doesn't work very well.

Mikayla
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 04/03/2021

Great Software

Finale has been super helpful in managing our inventory as well as cracking down on accuracy with picking orders.

Pros

The integration with our other software is vital and Finale makes it seamless. Because Finale has so many functions/capabilities to fit the needs of various business structures, it can be overwhelming to set up/manage all features as needed, so the customer service is very helpful.

Cons

Not all features and names of said features are super intuitive until you're used to using them.

Ana
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 31/07/2023

Finale is a critical part of keeping track of our inventory

Pros

For our company, the ability to see what inventory we have and where it is at a glance is such a time saver.

Cons

The invoicing side could be improved, but it has been improved significantly since I started using it in 2016.

Regina

Reviewed on 11/10/2021

Finale Makes Our World Easier

Our overall experience with Finale has been thumbs up; our facility would not be able to run like a well-oiled machine without this system. Kudos to all!

Pros

Using Finale makes our daily takes run smoothly, and hiccups are fixed in a timely manner, the troubleshooting team is outstanding.

Cons

There aren't any known issues with Finale within our team.

Derrick

Reviewed on 01/12/2016

Small But Growing Business on Multiple Platforms

Finale has done great solving the main need we had, that is, a centralized inventory that is synced across multiple selling platforms. They worked with us to be one of the first customers syncing to Amazon.co.uk which was great. There have only been a few selling platforms they do not yet support but we are hoping to come soon.

Sometimes the software is a little quirky to use, but for the most part, is pretty stable and you can usually find a good workaround. It is limited in the fact you cannot centralize listings/data and push those out (only inventory stock levels), but for the cost of the product, this was understood.

Still love it and plan to continue using it going forward.

Pros

Centralized inventory synced across multiple sales channels/platforms

Cons

Sometimes "clunky" or quirky in areas; adding new products a little cumbersome; more sales channels to sync with would be great (Please get Weebly soon!)

William

Reviewed on 27/07/2017

Excellent, Very Professional

Pros

Easy to use, Convenient and always growing to meet your needs.
A Family like Customer service that will help you with any questions you might have.
I would highly recommend this software to any company handling any type of inventory, from Explosives to Pencils. This software will work for anything and everything and the staff will meet any request you have in a timely manner