Mailchimp Reviews

About Mailchimp

Mailchimp is a web-based marketing automation service with millions of users worldwide. The application allows users to share newsletters on various social networks and track customer engagements. The application provides tools...

4.2

Browse Mailchimp Reviews

16,851 of 16,851 reviews
Atsou
Atsou
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 09/01/2024

Good email writing and distribution software

It helped to grow in my leads generation and in my number of email sending.

Pros

It is a great software to write emails and expecially to use when we are looking for leads for our products . sending emails is not difficults and i trust their spam folder to block any scam emails to will sometimes comes to me.

Cons

It is not difficult to use it i like the software.

Joel

Reviewed on 13/01/2024

Email Marketing tool for Optimized Campaigns

Pros

The free verson of the site still has features that are still beneficial to markerters like myself.

Cons

Dynamic mails should provide more opportunities to personalize even further

Daniel Prince
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 05/01/2024

Understanding the advantages and Importance of Mailchimp

Pros

Mailchimp have help me alot in my website marketing and it is a highly recommended platform, just like me many users appreciate Mailchimp for its user-friendly interface and robust set of email marketing tools

Cons

i love everything about Mailchimp as of now, my only concern is that let the pricing reduce abit making it affordable to everyone, most of friends are not using it becuase the feel the price is too high and the free version doesn't meet up to what they want

Top Mailchimp Alternatives

Lamia
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 19/12/2023

Very good but expensive and has poor support

Loved the tool and its many add ons, but the support contacts know less than the customers, so not worth the money for the monthly subscriptions. With my last enquiry I was passed to about 9 different people none of whom could help me.

Pros

The tools are very evolved and useful for campaigns with frequent activities and reporting. The AI is put to good use to anticipate response and tailor presentation. There are new tools launched on a regular basis to make this an exciting suite of products and potentially a market leader.

Cons

The price has more than doubled in less than one year which is inexplicable, and the support has become deplorably poor, so much so that I have paused my account after 7+ years as a customer.

Kristin
Kristin
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 05/01/2024

Reliable and Ready to Deliver

The customer service at Mailchimp is very helpful and willing to help! I had a great conversation with an expert there who was able to walk me through an issue I was having with audience features.

Pros

Mailchimp does email marketing well, once you learn how the system works it is very user-friendly. Audience management is easy to navigate and creating segments and tags is helpful to target specific customers.

Cons

I wish that there were more templates for email builds in Mailchimp. For example, having a three-row image isn't an option that is easily accessible and sometimes needed for campaigns.

Bishal
Bishal

Reviewed on 29/12/2023

Great for sending mails for projects without server

Pros

I have used Mailchimp for a lot of clients that don't need any server but require mail services. It is very easy to send mail by setting up Mailchimp templates without setting up any SMTP servers.

Cons

Everything is good but if the subscribers increases or is not handled properly it can be very expensive.

Reviewed on 29/12/2023

Great tool for email outreach

This is still an invaluable tool we will continue to use for our marketing efforts long into the future.

Pros

It's an easy software to use and allows us to send and schedule mass emails for our marketing efforts. Duplicating campaigns and making edits are all easy using their campaign editor.

Cons

The segmentation tools could use some improvement. It is hard to segment and ensure you don't have overlap in some of your lists.

stefano
stefano

Reviewed on 11/01/2024

my first email software management

Pros

it was my first email software management, many useful tools,and features

Cons

i don't like that it's too expensive and some features could be easier to implement

Kaila
Kaila
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 31/12/2023

Love this app it's so helpful and easy to use

Pros

I was intimidated at first but it's super easy

Cons

No cons whatsoever I love it!!! It's perfect

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 30/12/2023

Easy for business marketing

Pros

Mailchimp offers user-friendly email marketing tools with a simple interface, making it easy for businesses to create, manage, and analyze email campaigns.

Cons

One downside of Mailchimp for some users has been its pricing structure

Amy

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

Inuitive and Robust: Mailchimp makes it easy to create campaigns that deliver

I've used Mailchimp for about 12 years. I've also used Constant Contact and Emma. I liked that Emma gave me a live account rep. I liked that Constant Contact had a trustworthy legacy feel. But Mailchimp feels like home. It's a perfect combination of a boutique platform like Emma + a legacy system like Constant Contact. They have a stellar free-level package (up to 2,000 addresses) that makes them a no-brainer go-to for any small or start-up company.

Pros

Mailchimp has easy and intuitive drag-and-drop campaign building blocks that make it easy to create professional emails and campaign landing pages. It's easy to connect Mailchimp to your online store to embed products, customize campaigns to folks who've opted in to lists or purchased particular products at your online store, and you can automate complete email/landing page chains. What you're able to accomplish with Mailchimp is only limited by your imagination, and the longer you work with it and explore it, the more value it yields. Somehow Mailchimp is able to deliver all this on a chassis that's simple and intuitive. For more sophisticated setups, they have a robust library you can access that's very useful. Perhaps the most important thing that I've appreciated about Mailchimp over the 10+ years I have used them is their unwavering dedication to ensuring the health of your list -- and therefore the health of the entire platform. They do a great job of educating marketers about how to ensure your campaigns are successful not just in the short run, but also overall, over many, many mailings and contacts. They keep marketers abiding by good email marketing principles, which means the platform is trusted by inboxes everywhere. Deliverability is very important to me and to my clients. I have more than once schooled my clients, armed with data and principles that Mailchimp taught me (both the easy way and the hard way).

Cons

Any gripe I might have with Mailchimp is the same gripe I would have with any email platform. I would like their email and landing page-building software (or web-building software) to be as intuitive as Squarespace, which is honestly a whole other level of drag-and-drop, so perhaps a pipe dream. Over the years, I also haven't felt like I had a good support option. Their help page goes to the Mailchimp "knowledgebase" of articles, so everything I've ever learned about Mailchimp came from sussing it out myself through trial and error, through searching their Knowledgebase, or with a quick Google search. I do see they have a chat feature, which is great. But honestly in 10+ years I've pretty much had to wing it on this platform and it's still my fave, which says a lot. The only other thing I hope they improve is the automated email chain engine. Honestly, it feels a little glitchy.

Dayley
Dayley
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 08/01/2020

A safe option

I have never had any problems with MailChimp. Its been quite easy to setup with minimal steps required. I did have to contact the customer service team on one occasion and they replied promptly and direct to the point with a solution. So my experience with both the software and their team have been great.

Pros

Widely used and can be integrated easily into other software such as QuickBooks, Xero, WooCommerce, Shopify, Inventory systems and many others.

MailChimp gives the user the options of many different emails output depending on the circumstances. For example; newly registered user emails, newsletters, abandoned cart emails, if a customer hasn't made a purchase in a while or hasn't returned to your site in some time, which are all great for reminding the customer of your existence, and gaining that lost customer back!

The form builder is pretty easy to use, and also gives you a copy & paste option of the code afterwards so it can be easily implemented into your website.

Cons

You are limited with the styles of emails you can send to your customers. You can fully design your emails from scratch, but regarding the features you can place within the emails, it is kinda limited compared to other software. This would includes things like which items were abandoned when sending the customers an abandoned cart email. Or showing which items still remain in the customers 'Wishlist' if they haven't purchased the items yet and haven't been on the website for some time.

I am not a big fan of the MailChimp logo at the bottom of every email sent to the customers.

Klaviyo

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

MailChimp was my first choice. However I later switched to Klaviyo due to it having more features. But After using Klaviyo for nearly a year, their team had no intentions to update their Wordpress plugin which was causing peoples websites to run slowly, and their plugin was very buggy. So I returned to using MailChimp was is the safer solution.
Feyisayo

Reviewed on 09/07/2020

Mailchimp Makes Email Marketing Easy

My experience has been generally great. I have not regrets using mailchimp

Pros

1. I have been using Mailchimp for more than 3 years and I got glued to it the first time because of the free and cheap essential plan they offer.

2. Mailchimp is easy to us even for a newbies. I never needed to read up before I started using mailchimp

3. Trying to get the right template for every campaign can be tasking but that doesnt have to be so with mailchimp. There are more than enough templates to choose from for every campaign I sent.

4. I enjoyed the multiple integration feature in mailchimp. I can integrate it with almost any app online today.

Cons

The customer support should be improved on. A quick response to customer support ticket will make using mailchip easier. It is frustrating to wait in a long ticket queue to get response to an urgent client need.

Stephanie

Reviewed on 23/10/2020

A Great Solution to Email Marketing that's Getting Better

My experience has been great and consistently delivers for over 20 years now as I work in email marketing on a daily basis. I've brought many new customers to them over the years by recommending them to my own clients. I have that much confidence in the reliability and usability of Mailchimp.

Pros

I've been working in email marketing for over 20 years at this point. I discovered Mailchimp early on during that time and have been using it every since. I have clients that were using other systems before working with me. Most are cumbersome and offered little in the way of being able to design stunning emails that captured attention in the inbox. Plus, Mailchimp's deliverability rate has never been matched.

As times have changed, and so has email marketing, Mailchimp continues investing in their platform to make the work of email marketing more integrated into other platforms like social media, eCommerce and more systems.

They've added features that have helped make my job more of a one-system stop which has been a positive impact on my workflow. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Cons

As they are investing in the platform, there have been many usability and design changes that have come with these improvements. As a user, that can add frustrations. The dashboard and menus can literally be completely changed on you from one day to the next. It's annoying, but it's bearable. And I think they may be almost done with these complete redesigns in adding functionality to their system.

Constant Contact, ClickFunnels, Keap, Mad Mimi and AWeber

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Mailchimp's developers just had it right out of the gate with their product. And it has only improved over the last 20 years. I found these other products to be less intuitive, versatile and user friendly. A lot has changed over the years, but I keep coming back to Mailchimp time and again because it is just the best out of all the options available for email marketing.
Tina
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 03/01/2021

Best for beginners and experts alike

My experience is positive. I don't intend to switch from Mailchimp.

Pros

After testing other similar software, I came to the conclusion that Mailchimp is the best if you're just starting out.
Reasons:
- it's super easy and quick to create an account. You can start sending emails right away.
- the free plan is very generous (2,000 subscribers, 12,000 emails/month - and if you clean your list regularly, the ex-email addresses you had on your list won't count toward your billing. Simply select them and click archive and you're done).
- you can automate, schedule emails, segment your audience by sign-up date, sign-up source, previous campaign activity (whether they opened the previous or not), automation activity, etc.
- you can create landing pages, embeddable sign-up forms, send an automated welcome email or subscription confirmation.
- create tags so that you can easily manage your audience.
- contains easy email builder.
- emails are less likely to end up in the spam folder - compared to Mailerlite.

So, for experts, it has all the tools you need for email marketing and for beginners, when you're just starting out and you're curious what's all the hype about email marketing, it offers a generous free plan so you can test what works for you and what not.

It's important for beginners to have a place to test their knowledge and Mailchimp's free plan is simply the best for that. Just thinking that the general open rate is between 20-30%, that means if you have 2,000 subs, you can expect a min of 400 opens, which does not guarantee sales.

Cons

The contact support is zero/non-existent for the free plan. If you want to send emails in the business/ make money online/ affiliate marketing niche, your account will be suspended immediately by a bot. And no one will ever reply to your email to reactivate your account.

If you use the free plan and run into some issues, try searching for solutions in the knowledge base or online.

Joshua
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 17/02/2021

Newsletters Made Easy

Despite some of the challenges it has been the best program that I have been able to find to easily create newsletters for our organization. Once you become used to how the platform operates it becomes easier to create and design good looking "campaigns" newsletters.

Pros

I love this software because of the ease of use and the way it implements structure for designing newsletters. I had previously utilized Microsoft Office to build, design, and create newsletters; however, found that you could only attach it to emails rather than having a fully fleshed out designer email sent.

Mailchimp also allows the administration to show how many indviduals clicked on various links and opened the email newsletter to read it. This allows for better engagement to see weather the information being portrayed is useful or not.

Cons

While it allows for ease of use with design and implementations it lacks on available templates and themes. We've attempted to search for themes online; however, have not had much luck utilizing third party themes that say they are built for Mailchimp.

Also, while you can design newsletters these are actually listed as campaigns as the number one goal for Mailchimp is to produce campaign and marketing strategies. This can sometimes lead to confusion while navigating the platform.

Constant Contact

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Better looking templates and the way the platform is implemented into the email system as opposed to having to add it as an attachment to the email itself.

Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Basically price for the user base that we have.
Emeka
Emeka

Reviewed on 05/09/2021

"Automation of messages vital for organizations and for the people who are beginning to...

It has this magnificent convenience; extraordinary advantage; generally excellent conveyance rate; heaps of free provisions (testing, email computerization and reconciliations) great instructive substance.

Pros

Overall involvement in the device is awesome, it was useful in all viewpoints I required. Obviously, a free arrangement consistently has limits, however the paid arrangement likewise introduced a few focuses that in my work model were fundamental. Be that as it may, it is as yet a phenomenal and all around perceived instrument. I know many individuals who use it and don't stop talking positive about it. I actually prescribe it to numerous business visionaries who are just starting out in online deals. Mailchimp is awesome.

MailChimp appeared to me by some coincidence, And I decided to utilize it for my work. An incredible choice for those simply beginning or for little, medium or enormous organizations that need to automate contact with their clients. It's absolutely instinctive and has a first rate design. It grabbed my eye when I made some Landing Pages and ran over a few models. Thoroughly free. Absolutely precise and opportune email arrangement. Another positive point is the quantity of clients that we can store in the free arrangement, up to 3000 contacts.

Cons

It truly is incredible promoting programming, however, even as there is robotization, the provisions are essential; instrument are all in English and it is beyond the realm of imagination to expect to make greeting pages upgraded for a better yield.

Sushant
Sushant

Reviewed on 23/10/2021

Simplest email marketing tool for startups & digital creators

I'm using Mailchimp for more than 3+ years now and I'm pretty satisfied with it. In fact, I've referred it to my friends as well. While building my own startup, InternStreet - we were using Mailchimp a lot. The idea was to build an engaging audience of students. The marketing automation feature helped us a lot in building email courses. We literally created the free version of all the tech courses in the formal of 5 - 7 days daily emails. This helped us in increasing overall engagement and creating a recall factor of the brand. At the end of the day we had a whopping conversion of more than 35% into paid courses.

Pros

I really liked the overall simplicity of Mailchimp from getting started to building complex marketing automation. I started with the free plan and then converted to paid one for using the Marketing Automation which I liked the most. It also has an amazing collection of templates which definitely helps the beginner in getting started quickly.

Cons

Overall at this price point, I think everything is great but user segmentation can be improved a bit.

ConvertKit and SendGrid

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

The price point was very important for me at that point in time. We did explored other tools but the power of marketing automation was available for free for 2k subscribers (Now it's available under the paid plan). We used the multi-step journey and later on upgraded for paid plans.
Mike
Mike

Reviewed on 14/02/2023

Streamline Your Email Marketing: Mailchimp is there to help you with minimal to no costs

I've been using Mailchimp for my email marketing campaigns and it's been an incredible asset. It helps me to create automated email sequences, customize my messages to each customer, and track the effectiveness of my campaigns. It's saved me a lot of time and effort with its easy-to-use interface, and I'm able to quickly create professional looking emails for maximum impact.

Pros

I really like using MailChimp for my email marketing needs. It's easy to use, and creating campaigns is simple. The software allows me to customize emails very easily and also track the performance of my campaigns in real time. I also appreciate the wide range of features available such as segmentation, A/B testing, automation, and more. Overall, I'm really satisfied with the product and would recommend it to anyone looking for a reliable email marketing solution.

Cons

I found Mailchimp email marketing to be a great tool for managing my customer emails. However, I didn't like that it could be a bit complicated to set up an automated email campaign. I also found the user interface to be a bit cluttered, making it difficult to locate certain features. Even though the software is quite powerful, I found myself wishing for more streamlined navigation.

HubSpot Marketing Hub, Constant Contact and SendGrid

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Due to the growing list and also complex automations, but still keeping the costs low we switched to mailchimp from MailPoet

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

The choice was kinda easy, the costumer already had knowlegde of mailchimp. And the price was a big factor. We tested and looked into the others options but in the end Mailchimp won for the client.
Virginia
Virginia
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

So easy a Chimp could do it!

Mailchimp is a wonderful email campaign platform. We are currently utilizing the free version, going on 5 years now, for our bimonthly newsletters and have never run into a single issue. As a marketer, my favorite thing about Mailchimp is the ability to share our newsletters and subscribe links via social media. You can also create pop-ups or static forms to embed on your website so that when people subscribe they are automatically added to your subscriber list.

Pros

Mailchimp’s free plan allows you to have up to 2,000 subscribers and includes 12,000 emails you can send out, per month. For those new to Mailchimp, there are numerous preset templates you can choose from which you can further customize to your liking or create your own from scratch. Campaign templates can incorporate images, polls, embedded videos, call to actions, plain text, and custom HTML. Once you have created a template – with the specific look you are looking for – you can duplicate it and create your next campaign so you do not have to start from scratch. It’s likely you will encounter someone on your subscriber list who either resides or works for a company in the EU. Mailchimp has all the needed GDPR tools and regulations in place to make your campaign process as easy and stress free as possible to manage.

Uploading new contacts to your subscriber list can be done in minutes (CSV files). You can also create multiple lists which you can further segment into more specific groups (in the case you may not want to send the campaign to the entire list of your choosing). Before sending off your campaign you can preview what it will look like to your recipients on desktop and mobile devices and check your links to make sure they work appropriately. Mailchimp also provides A/B testing and basic analytics, pertaining to each campaign you send out, to give you more insight into the campaign’s open rates and clicks.

Cons

I have very few complaints about Mailchimp, but I do wish they could incorporate spell check into their system somehow to help expedite the editing process. Also keep in mind, if you choose to upgrade from the free plan into a paid plan, you can only downgrade back down to the free plan once.

If you choose to make any changes to a campaign that has already been sent off, it will not update those campaigns, it will only show those updated changes to those you send the campaign to after saving those changes. Meaning if you find a mistake in a campaign you have recently sent out, know that there is no “undo” or fix.

Laura

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

An easy, professional way to reach your constituents!

My overall experience has been very pleasant. Many elements of this tool are intuitive, and you can self-teach many features of this communications tool given the help guidance available. Bravo.

The campaigns are easy to create and are polished and professional looking. This has allowed our organization to raise its profile and effectiveness of our main tenant ~ to bring information to, and collect information from our constituents, our school district families, and to bridge this parent base and our school district administration. Good communication and transparency between parents and administrators is of utmost importance. Mailchimp has allowed us to do this most effectively.

Pros

I like the ease and the use of the drag & drop functionality of the elements you can add to any campaign. I also like the formatting options and features to customize each of your messages to your own look and style. Also, being able to embed links, photos, etc. directly into the campaign is of vital importance for our communications.

Managing the audience lists is also very user friendly. Tagging different audience members in group is also critical to our use of this communications tool.

Cons

I wish that the uploaded files were easier to manage in that I would like to delete older versions of uploaded files that I no longer need. However, they are "layered" in the Content Manager section and I am not able to un-layer them to delete versions I do not need.

I would also like to see the functionality of embedding a simply polling tool, to send and collect feedback from your constituents to constantly better your business.

Javier

Reviewed on 30/07/2020

A must-have to mail marketing

The overall experience using this tool is fantastic, I've been using for last 7 years in many clients with small database below 2000 clients (there is even a free plan with advertising) to really big campaigns to near 500000 customers and the functionality has been always nearly perfect and with great delivery times

Pros

Mailchimp is a really complete solutions to email marketing. It can be used for a wide range of users, from the most basic use with only text messages; their awesome and really easy-of-use templates; your own HTML messages; to own written templates using their facilities to fill user data in order to customize the message content.
The automatization functionality are really helpful to construct a robust marketing campaign offering the possibility to send a series of messages like welcome, iinformation, birthday gifts, to even, an most interesting to monetize, recover lost carts, get product feedback, opinions, etc
The analytical part is interesting because you can see inside the platform the deliverity, opening, clicking... in an easy way. Also you can use your own tracking platform to see result in your analytical platform as i.e. google analytics
The integrations is really simple and can be made manually using its API or you can use any of the plugins to connect with main web platforms as woocommerce, prestashop to even zapier so you can expand even more their automation capabilities

Cons

There are a few things i don't like from mailchimp service, probably the biggest will be the segmentations capabilities: You can organize your users in list and in order to refine which one should receive one mail, you must add basic queries based in things like "has/hasn't opened last X previous messages", their gender and age (if you don't have this data it tries to interfere from user interactions), state, likes, etc, but you can only use 5 of them so if you have a really big database it can be insufficient and must duplicate some campaigns to sucessive refinining in order to get you desired audience.
The other black point could be price if you have a big list (or even worse if any of your customers are in many list because then its counted as many times as lists its included). For really big customers I prefer active Campaign due to the pricing and better automation options.

Hicham

Reviewed on 16/08/2022

A Comprehensive Review of Mailchimp: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

I use Mailchimp for my email marketing and have found it to be a very effective tool. It is easy to use and has a lot of features that allow me to customize my emails to fit my brand. I also like that I can automate my email marketing so that I don't have to spend a lot of time manually sending out emails. However, there are some downsides to using Mailchimp. First, it can be expensive if you have a large list. Second, the deliverability rates are not always great, which means your emails may end up in the spam folder. Overall, I think Mailchimp is a good tool for small businesses that are looking for an easy-to-use email marketing solution. If you want to send lots of emails or need more customization options, then it might not be right for you.

Pros

Mailchimp might be the most well-known email marketing platform on the market, but that doesn’t mean it’s necessarily the best one. Below, we’ll talk about what we like and don’t like about Mailchimp to give you the information you need to make an informed decision about whether this solution is right for your business. We’ll also provide resources to help you compare pricing with other popular email marketing platforms, so you can find the right fit at the right price. Let’s get started!
There's a reason why Mailchimp is one of the most popular email marketing platforms out there. Here are some of the things that make it great -It's easy to use.
— Mailchimp has an intuitive interface that can be used by anyone
— The pricing plans are designed for small businesses (more on this later)
— Mailchimp integrates with many other apps like Shopify, WordPress, etc.
— There are tons of awesome templates to choose from when designing your campaign or project, which helps you save time
— The autoresponder option is great for setting up drip campaigns or projects, so you don't have to spend hours manually sending emails every day/week/month
— Their customer service team is always available if you need help, and they're pretty responsive too. They also offer live chat if you want even faster help.

Cons

1. Mailchimp's user interface could be more intuitive. I often find myself feeling lost and having to search for features that should be easy to find.
2. The automation features are great, but they can be very complex and time-consuming to set up. I would love it if there were some templates or easier ways to get started.
3. Their customer support is inconsistent. I've had some great experiences, but also some not-so-great ones. It would be nice to have more consistent support.
4. Their pricing structure is a bit confusing and changes regularly. I wish it were simpler and more transparent. I think the free account is too limited and will probably lead most people to subscribe before they know what the limitations are.
The first plan – Basic – starts at $9/month with a 100 subscriber limit.
The second plan – Professional – starts at $19/month with a 1000 subscriber limit.
And the third plan – Pro Plus – starts at $29/month with no limit on subscribers.

Travis
Travis
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 13/04/2023

Great for Email Marketing and Campaign Analytics, not so great for List Management

Overall, my experience with Mailchimp has been positive. The detailed analytics have also been helpful in refining my email marketing strategies. However, the pricing can be a downside for businesses with larger lists, and the limitations on the free plan may not be enough for some.

Pros

User-friendly interface: Mailchimp has a clean and intuitive interface that is easy to navigate, even for those without much technical expertise.Customizable templates: Mailchimp offers a range of pre-built templates that can be customized to fit a business's specific needs and branding.Good analytics: Mailchimp provides detailed analytics on email campaigns, including open and click-through rates.Integrations: Mailchimp integrates with many other tools and platforms, including e-commerce platforms, CRMs, and social media.

Cons

Pricing: Mailchimp can become expensive for businesses with larger lists, as pricing is based on the number of subscribers.Limited features on the free plan: While Mailchimp does offer a free plan, it is somewhat limited in terms of features and functionality.Integrations: I really wish Mailchimp would be able to integrate seamlessly with Google Sheets to sync the campaign report data. Such as syncing the contacts who opened/clicked on a specific email campaign into Google Sheets to be able to share that data with a sales team.

Constant Contact and Sender
Peter John
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 16/06/2023

My experience using Mailchimp

A few years ago, I began using Mailchimp for my wedding photography business. My colleague and I both found it to be user-friendly, allowing us to easily plan marketing campaigns, send client follow-up emails and newsletters. We appreciated that Mailchimp notified us if our emails were opened within a certain timeframe. Additionally, we were given the option to resend emails that were not opened. Now, I also use Mailchimp for my personal blog. It simplifies the process since I already have a list of subscribers and can easily add new ones as it grows.

Pros

Wow, Mailchimp is seriously amazing! It's incredibly user-friendly and perfect for freelancers or those just starting out with their own business or community. I've experimented with other mailing software in the past, but Mailchimp definitely stands out with its abundance of options on the free and starter accounts. With Mailchimp, you can easily segment your audience, set up automation, and the templates for all kinds of mailing campaigns are an absolute game-changer! Sending newsletters has never been easier, and I love being able to track the reading and opening rates as well as growing my subscriber list. Mailchimp is definitely a must-have tool for anyone looking to take their email marketing to the next level!

Cons

This platform is a breeze to navigate once you get the hang of it, even if it may take a bit of time to grasp the interface and functionality at first. While the mobile app may not have an abundance of features, it still serves as a superb mailing alternative.