About Kartra

Kartra is a cloud-based solution, which helps businesses create, launch and manage e-commerce platforms, marketing campaigns and helpdesk portals. The application enables organizations to create personalized webpages using...

4.1

Browse Kartra Reviews

Mike

KARTRA - a No-Brainer MUST Have for any online business

I love almost everything about Kartra except it is not user friendly. It takes time to learn all of the hidden complicated steps you must take to make things work. I wish they would get a good business customer who is not tech savvy, and watch them try to use and navigate the software. This would help the propeller heads get exposed to how we think and operate.

Pros

1. Done for You Stuff - boatload of "Flip a Switch" to turn on new products, campaigns, launches, web forms, sales pages, order pages, thank you pages with follow up sequences already built for you. Simple, fill-in-blank stuff and it creates all of the Sharp Looking Web Pages (yes, boatload of templates or create you own) Kartra is the missing link for KornFewshunsoft. (Kornfewshunsoft user since 2004) Time Saver, Money Maker

Cons

1. Cannot do OneZee TwoZee sales with a discounted price - if you have Sales people on phone
2. Cannot do "Quotes" (Infusionsoft feature) for customers, unique discounted bundle of products, bonuses
3. Cannot push a button to see all of your customers - you must go thru a 7 step process that is painful
4. No folders to categorize uploaded photos and images - All into one huge bucket - time eater to find

Dana
  • Industry: Online Media
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 22/11/2019

So, So Good But Lacks In The User-Friendly Department

I no longer use Kartra but when I did, the best thing I found was the fact that it was all-in-one. I really liked being able to login to one platform and it was all there, even analytics and in-depth reports based on product, emails, link tracking, etc. It truly was full-service.

Pros

There are a lot of things to like about Kartra, specifically the absolute all-in-one platform they have. It goes far beyond just designing a website/landing page or sending an email. They cover all the bases - from websites, landing pages, email marketing/automation with sequences and tagging, funnels, simple e-commerce, digital downloads, membership sites, help desk, scheduling, forms, affiliates and now an agency solution. If you'd like to consolidate the many platforms you use, Kartra can handle 95% of everything you throw at it.

Their support group on Facebook is second to none. They truly care about their people and it shows; it's like a family.

Cons

Learning the platform was a long, complicated process. They have people lined up that will help "onboard" you and while that's extremely helpful and effective, I think it's always beneficial to know your platform inside and out so you can make necessary changes as needed and not have to depend on the support team, or others. Because of the complexity, there's a time-consuming process you'll have to undertake before you can "go live". I mean, it makes sense due to the fullness and depth of their platform, just be sure to go into it knowing: (1), the trial is not nearly long enough to know if it's a right fit for your business, and (2), it'll take time to setup your workflows and make sense of how everything is integrated, and (3), host your videos elsewhere or you'll get eaten alive in bandwith overcharges.

Kartra has what they call Kartraverse, which is like a step-by-step training course on how to use their platform. It's superb and very informative; however, it's still in its infancy and you have to wait until they create the next lesson before you can do in-depth with whatever topic they decide, and that was often frustrating. With that said, however, they also do a lot of webinars that are in-depth and full of insight, but sitting through a webinar to find one answer is a bit defeating when you're in a hurry or just not really sure what exactly you're even looking for. Their documentation leaves a little to be needed, however.

ClickFunnels and Keap

Reasons for Switching to Kartra

Kartra had more of what I was looking for at the time and what they do, they do exceptionally well.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 16/05/2019

Good for some uses but has some ballbreaker shortcomings for me.

kartra saves me time. Once I have built some sales funnels they are repeatable and their success (or not) is measurable. Kartra provides me with actionable data that is easily and quickly accessible so I'm basing my decisions on real time accurate data. And I can set it up so that I am making money while I sleep

Pros

Has many functions on the one platform. I could use my own domains and favicons. There were some templates to use and the webinar help sessions we useful. It provides realtime actionable data to make good decisions.

Cons

Customers cannot select multiple items of a product in one purchase transaction on a specific date when they want to join one session once that already has others in that session. For a tourist who has a family of 4 people they cant buy 4 tickets and they cant specify that they want to go on a tour that already has people booked on it but there is available space for them. And they cant book for the one tour once.

HubSpot Marketing Hub, GetResponse and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Kartra

The test period offered, the pricing was better and there were some templates to use. It was a more turnkey solution than hubspot.

Top Kartra Alternatives

Ismaël Huberson
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 20/11/2022

Kartra

Pros

Kartra is a software that will help you automate your email marketing, sales process, and more. It's an all-in-one tool that will help you build your email lists, create landing pages, and run a successful marketing campaign.

Cons

kartra's customer support is unresponsive.

Rocco

Kartra is Real Online Business Software

Love it. Sometimes I would rather get someone on the phone for support because I think it would be easier to get stuff done but Kartra's support desk is pretty quick.

Pros

There are too many features to list but my favorite is the Memberships, the ease of making a Portal with many courses, all the Done for you campaigns, the all in one ability of email, forms, integrations, the ability to interact with Zapier and other workflow products, drag and drop page building, I can go on but I only have so much space. Genisis Digital really understands how an online business should operate when they built this software.

Cons

I only have one. They need to figure out how to create the ability to add more than 4 levels of membership in their membership platform.

Kajabi

Reasons for Choosing Kartra

I needed a more robust platform for what we were creating.

ClickFunnels

Reasons for Switching to Kartra

The ability to use several payment gateways, ease of use and ability to sell physical products and integration with Zapier.
Heidi

Kartra ~ Powerful, Robust, Do-It-All ~ All-in-One Software

I have been able to get an idea about a product that my market may want and throw a page up on the web and pitch it out there and get responses. Sign ups or even payments. Now that I have learned my way around, it is relatively easy to do that!

Pros

After running a full-time ministry/business online for a couple of years, I had all kinds of programs and platforms that I was paying for monthly or yearly. When it came time to streamline it all, I narrowed it down to just Kartra. Everything is right there in one place, integrating well with WebinarJam and EverWebinar.

Cons

Two things...1.) the email component (CRM?). There is no easy way of taking the leads from Kartra and pulling them in to another CRM platform. It would be awesome if this part of Kartra was as robust as its page builder, portal builder, and membership builder! 2.) a way to set up a store of all the products or services I offer all in one "place"

Teachable, ActiveCampaign, Kajabi, Mailchimp, AWeber and Thinkific

Reasons for Choosing Kartra

Kajabi was having trouble doing what my tech team asked it to do. Kartra came out at a time when I wasn't terribly happy with some customer service responses to my questions about Kajabi.

Reasons for Switching to Kartra

Function...Kartra can do everything I want to do better than anything else. The way my choice worked out, I had already put money out for all of the products I mention above, When I was trying to cut costs, I eliminated everything BUT Kartra and Active Campaign. Active Campaign will be eliminated at some point, too.
  • Industry: E-Learning

I'm falling in love!

Pros

I love the simplicity and the way Kartra holds your hand through every-step of the funnel build and membership set up. The onboard analytics are great. The functionality for running our automated webinar is awesome. Building fab looking pages is effortless. Cant wait to move our support desk over and start using some of the advanced functionality. For example, we are looking at implementing the SMS feature to improve our webinar show up rate.

Cons

I haven't found major issues any yet....

ClickFunnels

Reasons for Choosing Kartra

too many API's and Infusionsoft was getting behind the times, my APIs and consultancy costs were so high just to make the thing work....$12,000 a year for a consultant to get infusionsoft working was ridiculous. We are slowly transitioning everything over including 15,000 customers

Keap

Reasons for Switching to Kartra

We use Everwebinar and this seemed a logical step. CLick funnel reviews weren't always flattering.
Marvin S.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 19/05/2019

Why we selected KARTRA

MY JOURNEY WITH KARTRA HAS BEEN AS A BETA TESTER, AND CUSTOMER, AND THE ONLY THING THAT I FOUND THAT IS MISSING IS YOU!

Pros

KARTRA IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET A PRODUCTIVE COST EFFICIENT SYSTEM THAT OPERATES CONGRUENTLY, TOGETHER WITH EVERY OTHER SECTION OF THE SYSTEM TO MAKE EVERY SECTION 12 "X" YOU ABILITY TO MOVE WITH THE SPEED OF THE MARKET WITHOUT THE WORRY OF 5 OR 6 DIFFERENT SYSTEMS AND ADDITIONAL EXPENSE OF THE OTHER SYSTEMS THAT MAY OR MAY NOT PLAY WELL TOGETHER.

Cons

INITIALLY IT WAS A LITTLE DAUNTING AND OVERWHELMING, ONLY BECAUSE TRULY THIS SYSTEM IS TO HARD TO RELIEVE THAT IT COULD POSSIBLY BE THIS EFFICIENT AND EASY, SO AS A METICULOUS BEING I TRIED TO DISCOVER WHAT I MIGHT BE MISSING THAT COULD COST BUSINESS ISSUES. HOWEVER, AFTER EVERY SECTION AND TEST THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE SYSTEMS EXCEPT FOR THE HUMAN OPERATORS. USE IT EXACTLY AS IT STATES THAT YOU CAN AND START WITH "GO!"

WordPress, Kajabi, Keap and AWeber

Reasons for Switching to Kartra

KARTRA HAS ONE PRICE POINT FOR EVERYTHING NECESSARY TO GET TO MARKET IN ONE SYSTEM FAR BELO G THE COST OF ALL OF THE OTHERS INDIVIDUALLY.
Dr Paul O
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Best choice ever :)

Came to Kartra from one of the traditional mail services that did only static funnels, but I'm not in a numbers game and needed a CRM type system where I can start sales conversations and then follow up on a 1:1 basis. Kartra does everything I could hope for and more. Very impressed.

Pros

Solid programming despite abundance of functions (nothing is as bad as waiting for fixes). Created an awesome product :) Kartra is now my CRM engine and integrates with both WebinarJam and Kajabi. Have segmentation, tags, Onboarding sequences, campaigns (Ryan Deiss Machine type) and can do targeted sales campaigns using broadcasting. Can then follow up 1:1 easily. Exactly what I needed to upgrade from solopreneur to consultancy with a global sales force.

Cons

If you want an easy life, take it in steps. It's easy to be carried away with everything :) Own experience that we needed to re-do lists and tags...not really a software problem, though :) but cannot think of anything else.

Kajabi and Keap

Reasons for Switching to Kartra

Could have stayed with Kajabi only, but added Kartra for CRM as CMS is not enough. Combined the two = best of the best.
Drew

Reviewed on 21/05/2019

Familiarity breeds content

This is great for landing pages or just simple web pages too. It enable you to direct traffic to one page which can then send the visitor onto a myriad of applications.

Pros

Kartra is a plethora of things which enable you to rely on it for so many different tasks in your business. It does take a moment to get to grips with but as you become more familiar with it you can't help but be content with it too.

Cons

A bit of a steep learning curve to start.

OptimizePress

Leadpages and OptimizePress

Reasons for Switching to Kartra

flexibility and the ability to use as little or as much as you needed until you feel ready to move on.
Greg

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Kartra compared to Infusionsoft

It has been a great experience and it is one of the industry leaders in my opinion.

Pros

The user interface is very unique and once you figure it out and get used to it is is very easy to create systems and marekting automation.

Cons

There email editor needs some help and their spell check does not work with right mouse for me.

Keap

Reasons for Switching to Kartra

Better UI and integrates with other products we use.
Croix

Reviewed on 09/04/2020

Great for small and simple businesses but ...

Great platform as compared to others especially for small businesses. Kartra is great for the starter businesses and people needing an all-in-one platform. But it is not robust enough for big players to stay exclusively within the platform and will need to integrate with other apps and platforms. But this is typical for high traffic businesses.

Still love Kartra after 2 years and hope they get their quirks sorted out and add a real customer service live chat support. That said, now we only use it as a website/landing page builder and for our membership site. For our business and funnel work properly and be more cost effective, we also integrate a different CRM, customer support app, video hosting and payment platform.

I've talked to some big player friends with lots of traffic who are also Kartra users and they confirm the same. Love it, but there are glitches and it is expensive for high traffic and sales.

We will stay with Kartra for the foreseeable future. We almost switched but nobody has a perfect solution for a high traffic online business. After seeking better options, I found that Kartra is still the best if you don't want to hire a tech team. We can do everything ourselves.

Kartra, please add a live tech support system. At least during business hours.

Pros

I love the all-in-one concept. The idea is brilliant and the features are great and the integration is awesome for a basic user and small business. You can do most everything you need right within the platform. Funnels, sales, beautiful websites, incredible landing pages, memberships sites, shopping cart and fully integrate a complete website and sales from start to finish with lots of great analytics. Its the best all-in-one solution out there right now. Its an important part of our business but it is not robust enough for online businesses with lots fo traffic and sales.

Cons

Glitches and cost prohibitive for big businesses.

COST: We drive too much traffic and sales to use the all-in-one concept for us. So we use other platforms to host our videos, CRM, customer support, and payments. We use Kartra for websites, landing pages and memberships. Using this multi platform approach we save money and have a more stable online business and funnel.

PROBLEMS:
We have had glitches in customer emails being black list after purchase and so they don't receive the welcome email and login to the membership. And we have random password issues for the membership.

This means we have had to create redundancies and a robust customer support system to minimize refunds and complaints.

CUSTOMER SUPPORT: While better recently, it still is horrible often taking a day to respond to ask questions and then an additional day to reply with an answer that is often not helpful. Most I trouble shoot myself now. Or I use a work around and that is why we integrate with other platforms. Support tickets only for a digital tech platform like Kartra is frustrating, costing us money when there are issues.

USABILITY: Overall very good. I wish they would fix the step-by-step procedure and allow jumping to the section you need. There are definitely areas to make more user friendly. It is similar to thrive themes, so my learning curve was small. But if you are new to this style, it will take a while to get fluent. But it is easy to use overall. I like that a lot.

Kevin
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 16/05/2019

Kartra will change your life!

Early on in my business growth, I switched from using a variety of Internet tools to Infusionsoft, because I thought it would allow me to integrate all my online tools into one platform. But with that service, I still ended up duct-tapeing together 3 additional tools, and I had to manage my lists in two different places, continually trying to sync up all the members and their corresponding tags. The tools were either inadequate (not mobile responsive, bad looking pages, membership site not integrated well, etc) or if I wanted a different functionality it required a plugin with an additional fee attached, and that company has dozens, if not hundreds of these plugins available. It was quite disappointing.

When executive spoke at a conference about how he “ran out of duct-tape” and decided to create his own platform specifically for Internet Marketers, I put myself on the waiting list to beta test it as soon as it was released.

I currently have two Kartra accounts, and my life is soooo much better now. Finally, everything I need actually is in one place. Additionally, there are some awesome features included, such as video hosting with analytics, that were not available at all with other companies. No more need for a separate Amazon S3 video hosting account and hoping I can integrate Google analytics to provide some useful video stats.

If you are an Internet marketer selling information products, Kartra will change your life!

Thanks!

Pros

Everything you need actually is in one place this time.

Cons

After having used dozens of software tools for my Internet businesses, I can't think of any cons to Kartra.

Twanna

Reviewed on 06/05/2021

Perfect resource for online business

I enjoy using the platform. The more that I use it and plays around with all the features.

Pros

After trying several CRM and course platforms Kartra quickly became my choice because of all the functionality it offers. All in one!

Cons

It is certainly a learning curve. I eventually had to hire one of their experts in order to implement my course on the platform.

Kajabi

Easier to use.

Teachable

Affordable
Pablo

Reviewed on 11/04/2020

The best thing that happened to small businesses

Overall, I love Kartra. The thing that I love the most is that I can literally run my whole business from it. I don't need to use any other program. I love the fact that it even has great royalty free pictures that I can use for my pages. I highly recommend it and think it's better than Infusionsoft or Clickfunnels (yea I said it!).

Pros

I love the fact that it literally does everything from lead capture, payment processing, pre-written emails, campaigns. I love it all. It's been the biggest contributor to my business's success. Without it, running a business by myself would be really difficult.

Cons

I would love if on the sales pages there were prompts of what to write instead of filler copy. Those prompts are currently in some of the squeeze pages but I would love to see them on the sales pages. Also, it would be great if it had a photo editing feature within the software. Something similar to a photoshop.

Dean
  • Industry: Executive Office

Reviewed on 15/05/2019

Best holistic solution

It has been easy to learn, it has great training support with articles and videos, the support community is extremely active and answers to questions are very timely. The team is extremely pleasant to work with and executive rarely disappoints as he understands what digital marketing is all about. Every month brings new enhancements and features that make it better. This is one-stop shopping when it comes to digital marketing.

Pros

Kartra keeps everything under one roof eliminating the need and expense of multiple apps. It has drag and drop simplicity and deep funnel complexity. The best thing is the features keep getting better and the community is super supportive. After having used many programs with multiple clients such as Infusionsoft, Mailchimp, Pipedrive, VTiger, CF, Leadpages... this is the cleanest and easiest interface to optimal functionality.

Cons

Video bandwidth can cost you money so only marketing videos requiring analytics and funnel tagging should be housed on the platform. Still need Vimeo Business for everything else like training videos. Need a HIPAA compliant version for some clients as healthcare arena is exploding.

Guy

Reviewed on 15/05/2019

It's the "Full Monty" of Software Tools

It's helped me streamline my "Rock the Tech" Coaching business into something that is manageable and contained on one platform...

Kartra allows me to run a 6, 7, and 8 Figure business by myself, and appear as if I'm a Fortune 5 Company...

I have been running with "bubble gum and bailing wire" for the last few years, and NOW I'm ONLY using Kartra as my "Main" go to software for my business -

Pros

It really does Everything, that's WHY I said it's the "Full Monty" of Software Tools...I was spending well over $1K per Month on Dedicated Server Hosting, a Dedicated Email Server, WordPress Membership Websites, GetResponse, SendGrid SMTP Service, and the list goes on and on...

I'm saving over $800 Per Month by moving to Karta AND I'm not concerned about Hackers breaking into my WordPress Memberships or Members NOT getting their login credentials...

Kartra is TOP Shelf!

Cons

I would be GREAT to have a Done-for-You Membership Campaign...I really can't think of anything else that I would want...

Agency would be fantastic for my customers too, and I know this is in the works...Can we speed the deployment UP?

Sean

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

Speaking from the Stage is different then Speaking from a Landing page!

I think it's awesome.

Pros

The trainings and the tips and tricks, all the content and the Facebook group all have helped me learn what I can do and what I need to do to build my business. I can now explain clearly what I want to a freelance if I choose to get some additional help..

Cons

Still lots to learn.. mostly plug and play... when I want to 'advance'.. .take a bit more learning for me.

Reviewed on 01/07/2019

Highly Recommend This All In One Marketing Solution

Pros

I love that it's all in one and I've saved so much money cancelling all the different subscriptions that I have. It's so fast to set up a whole funnel and their system works well (emails get delivered, etc.). I also love their high converting templates for landing pages.

Cons

If you are used to something like Thinkific or Teachable then the CRM section will disappoint you. It's very basic. It can be overwhelming to learn how to use it but once you do, it's so powerful.

Laura

Reviewed on 19/05/2019

One tool for almost everything in your online business

I love Kartra and how much easier it has made running my business with everything in the one tool. They are constantly rolling out updates so while there are some features that currently don't work as well as it could I am confident over time they will improve the tool even more.

Pros

I love how much I can do all within the one tool. Email marketing, landing pages, online membership portals, selling digital products and so much more.

Cons

There are lots of inconsistencies across the different areas of the product - what works in the pages builder is different in the email marketing side of things. The user interface is also a little clunky and can be slow at times. My biggest frustration is that the tool runs of EST time zone, which for someone based in NZ makes it really confusing when scheduling emails etc to be sent at a certain time.

Cosmin
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 09/04/2020

Exactly what I've been looking for!

Kartra has been making very easy to build a membership website, along with all the marketing needs: landing page, checkout forms, opt-ins, customer management. Instead of using Wordpress and dealing with many plugins to keep a website going, Kartra offers a seamless platform for every marketing and technical needs.

Pros

It is an all-in-one platform that really makes my business so much easier: landing pages, checkout forms, customer experience, membership management... It all flows in on place.

Cons

I wish the membership systems would be a lot more versatile, and the customer support a lot faster. The latter is super friendly but it takes a day to get an answer back.

CHERYLE

Why I looooove Kartra!

The thing I love most about Kartra is that everything is on one platform! I sign in with one password and can get at all the things I need like my sales pages, courses, email, etc. I also love the Kartranaut video training!
That's a huge time-saver. I can't say enough about how much I love Kartra. So much, that I've told a couple of tech/website developers to look into your career opportunities!

Pros

I'm not a techy girl at all. It took me awhile (and a few tears) to learn the different platforms I was using for my business. So, with my basic knowledge and little bit of video help from one of your beta testers, I found it super easy to create the pages, emails, memberships and forms I need to run my business. There are so many options that I truly enjoy creating everything I need in Kartra!

Cons

The only downside was that there is not a lot of bandwith for videos. But, I house them on Vimeo and it's no problem at all to embed them.

Troy
  • Industry: Publishing

Using Kartra to Run my Business

My overall experience has been great. I couldn't imagine how my business would be today without it. For sure I can become a better, more accomplished Kartra user. There's a lot to learn. I think the Kartra team is doing a great job. I'm happy to be part of the Kartra community.

Pros

I pretty much use most if not all of the features of Kartra to run my business. It has become indispensable to me and my business.

Cons

I would like to see more intuitive shortcuts. I am not crazy about all the things I have to click through to get to certain features I need. While I love all the analysis that Kartra provides, certain things don't seem to work as well as they could. Overall, I love the software. I'm hoping Kartra will continue to improve.

Valerie
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

Karta has saved me a ton of money, time, and headaches!

I described in the Pros. LOVE Kartra!

Pros

Kartr is a seamless solution to so many of the tech challenges we had. I originally started with Kartra for the CRM functionality after struggling with Infusionsoft for years. Then, I learn they have a membership function - game changer! Now, I also use it for all of my web pages. I was able to stop web hosting, web tech, membership platform, membership platform links to website....on and on. I love that it is all in one place. AND - they they are continuously adding more functionality!

Cons

The inability to sell items with different features, such as t-shirts with different color and sizing choices.

Love Kartra!

Fantastic. I recently purchased WebinarJam and EverWebinar as well.

Pros

I really like the completeness of the product. Everything is well thought out and integrated. Automation is powerful. Manging my customer member sites work really well.

Cons

The Page builder at times is a little clunky