About Guusto

Guusto makes it easy for HR Leaders at companies with 200+ employees to consistently reward great work and shape amazing culture. Now the #1 HIGHEST RATED recognition platform on G2! Start with a FREE ACCOUNT and being sending...

Browse Guusto Reviews

1,099 of 1,099 reviews
Cesar

Reviewed on 12/07/2020

Hands down the BEST rewards platform !

Before Guusto, I was having to run out to the store all the time to buy gift cards for my colleagues and clients. It was also way less impactful since I had to put them in the mail and they didn't arrive for a few days from the event that triggered me wanting to send a gift. Guusto has been an amazing tool to help me build my career.

Pros

Guusto is so easy to use! I love being able to recognize my colleagues whenever they help me out. It saves me so much time, and is super effective since they get to pick where they want to redeem it. I also like using it to thank my clients for their business. It has helped to strengthen my relationship with them.

Cons

There's nothing to not like! The app is really smooth. I've never had an issue, and everyone I've given Guusto gifts has been really appreciative.

Response from Guusto

Hi Cesar,

Thank you for posting a review! We're so glad to hear that you love using Guusto to recognize your colleagues. Feel free to reach out to us if you need anything :) Thanks for being an awesome Guusto member!

Muucho Guusto,

Emma

Replied 21/07/2020

Reviewed on 08/12/2022

I love this for Employee Recognition!

I have received multiple rewards and get to choose where to use them each time!

Pros

It's easy to use as a reward recipient. Those who receive rewards - which can be in set in different dollar amounts - can choose from many different merchants and retailers. This is perfect if your company has employees living all over the US or in other countries!

Cons

I don't think there is anything I don't like about Guusto!

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 15/08/2022

Software is obsolete

I don’t recommend.

Pros

Nothing.. horrible experience. I tried to buy one gift card when I needed and the system was down.

Cons

If the platform is not working you will be loosing your time.

Top Guusto Alternatives

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 07/11/2022

Guusto is a great system for thanking clients, referral partners, associates, and more

Very positive in that both the giver and receiver feel great about the gift. A super system and the name Guusto itself implies "food" and "gusto", great emotional impressions for a gift recipient.

Pros

It can be complicated figuring out how to gift different people. Guusto makes it easy: A neutral cash gift that the recipient can use for whatever delights them from a wide range of gift options and categories. And as Guusto is not tied to a specific vendor the gift feels authentic in that there is no skewing or implicit advertising of one vendor.

Cons

Overall it is a great system and easy to work with as a user, which is most important. As Guusto tweaks and evolves the interface it will get even better as there are a couple of places where it could be a bit more intuitive. Only minor things that someone who does UI development would notice about the UI and interaction.

Jasrtinder
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

Guusto is Cool!

Guusto makes it easy to send gifts to anybody when you are short on time. I already have an account set up, so I can go in, reload the balance and send a gift quickly. It saves me the hassle to go to a store to buy gift cards

Pros

The ease of sending and receiving monetary gifts from friends or people at work. Guusto UX is also great, and anybody can use it with ease to send or redeem gifts online

Cons

I think there is opportunity for making the redemption process a little more user friendly by reducing the number of clicks and jumping between different screens to complete the redemption process

Miranda

Reviewed on 28/12/2022

Excellent for thanking multiple business referral partners all at once

Overall positive experience, makes thanking people an easy and quick part of my day.

Pros

Awesome for thanking multiple people at a time, and easy to redeem the gift cards at anywhere you want. It doesn't seem lacking in terms of partner companies for which you can redeem your gift card, which means there is something for everyone. Gives you a lot of customizability options for messages and gift amounts as well, without sacrificing efficiency.

Cons

A little bit confusing, and when I add money to my account I regularly have to ask for it to be made accessable by my other team members on the same account, despite requesting that in the first place.

Brian
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 14/01/2023

Guusto is the Beesto

Ensure everyone receives a thank you gift card without having to hand deliver it, time is money, this service may cost money but it saves me time!

Pros

I love that the gift cards are managed digitally so I can ensure everyone receives there gift in fast fashion possible and no one can intercept it. SOOO many places to choose from, its basically as if someone gave you a preloaded credit card. Best Service, highly recommend

Cons

I don't see any issues with Guusto Gift Cards

Tina
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 08/12/2022

Great tool!

The process was straightforward to me as a first time user. Receiving the gift is as simple as just a few clicks and no hassles. The options and menus on the website are easy to follow. I can see this software take off in a corporate setting as a practical employee recognition tool/Kudos board.

Pros

I've never heard of Guusto until I was sent a gift card as a client appreciation. I received a simple email from Guusto inviting me to claim the gift. The website was easy to navigate although a login account has to be created. I get to choose my gift card from a large selection of shops/retailers. There were no additional fees, advertisements or extraneous information throughout the process.

Cons

Quick video-based training will have to be developed in order for corporates to use this tool to its full potential. I have only attested the most common used functions and yet to learn the full capabilities designed in this software.

• Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 13/12/2022

Guusto is Fantastic

I always have a fantastic experience!

Pros

It's an easy platform to reward employees.

Cons

Honestly so far, I have not found something that I do not like about Guusto.

• Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 26/12/2022

Great options and vendors to choose from

Pros

Not only is this product super easy to use, but the options available are wonderful. From both sides, sending and receiving awards, this product is simple, intuitive and very user friendly.

Cons

I don’t have any issues with any of the features of this software.

Jhonjerlyn

Reviewed on 04/07/2022

Greater work experience thanks to the award system.

My general experience with Guusto has been really good, I was able to quickly adapt to the platform thanks to the free trial that I was able to enjoy for a week, I was able to adapt to the platform and understand exactly how I should carry out the process of sending awards and gift cards. I'm satisfied with the general functionality of this platform, as I mentioned beofre, a few features still need to be added, such as the awards status check system, but the rest of the platform works great, I love being able to send awards to my employees without any limit. I must emphasize that this platform has allowed our employees without any limit. I must emphasize that this platform has allowed our employees to be more enthusiastic about fulfilling their tasks, since they work harder to obtain awards from us, without a doubt this platform has been perfect for my company and to obtain greater work performance.

Pros

One of the main things that I like about Guusto is the wide variety of awards that exist, I can send gift cards to my employees, cash prizes or a check as thanks for the work days. I also like the Leaderboard system that it has, it allows me to know exactly which employee has had the best work performance, and in this way I can make the corresponding awards, it is quite easy. Finally, I must mention that I love Guusto's free trial, I used it for about 1 week before buying a paid plan, this free trial was complete, it allowed me to send unlimited rewards to my employees and it helped me understand how the platform works.

Cons

One of the things that should be improved is that a monitoring system has to be added which allows to know the status of the award sent. On several occasions I have sent awards to my employees but I cannot know exactly when they open that award or if it is still waiting to be opened, I would love there to be a system that allows me to see if the employee has already exchanged an award, to send him some reminder. I would also like to see more variety in the recognition plaques, currently I can send plaques with personalized designs to our employees to reward them for their work, however, there is very little variety of designs.

Reviewed on 10/06/2020

Awesome!!

We love Guusto at our company. We have seen how happy people get when they see the gift in their inbox. It makes them feel appreciated. It was a very smooth transition into using this reward system.

Pros

Using this product is very easy. As an administrator, I was able to teach all of our managers how to use GUUSTO with little confusion or push back. I love how you can pick a specific gift for someone or let them choose where they want to spend their money. I also like how you can write a personal note to them to make them feel appreciated. The customer service at GUUSTO is great. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helps us very quickly and solves all our problems day of.

Cons

Sometimes employees have trouble accessing their gifts or I have had someone not be able to find his gift in his email. It was like it went away before he was able to claim the gift. Other than that, no problems.

Response from Guusto

Hi Sarah, thanks so much for leaving an awesome review! We are so glad to hear that you love using Guusto to send personalized gifts, and that you are happy with the support we provide! Very occasionally, gift emails land in the recipient's spam mail box, which is also why we provide many ways to deliver the gift: email, text, link, or print! In addition, our gift cards will never expire unless if an expiration date is set by the sender. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer support if you need anything. Thanks for being an awesome Guusto member! Muucho Guusto :)

Replied 16/06/2020
Vito
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 30/06/2020

Great cost effective product

The experience has been great. Their team has made it really simple to roll out. Customer support is quick to respond to any questions.

Pros

It allows our HR team to work on core functions because Guusto manages our employees recognition program which otherwise would be time consuming. Rewards are very flexibility that staff really like. It has allowed us to modernize, attract and retain staff.

Cons

Cant really identify any weaknesses. It has been great.

Response from Guusto

Hi Vito,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review! We look forward to continuing to power your recognition programs. Reach out anytime if we can be any help or would like to see anything added to our product roadmap.

Muucho Guusto,

Emma

Replied 11/07/2020
Denise

Reviewed on 19/06/2020

Ease of use and well received

Very easy to use and our employees love receiving money to spend any way they choose.

Easy to navigate through
Can do on my phone

Cons

N/A There isn’t anything I didn’t like
Very easy

O.C. Tanner

Reasons for Switching to Guusto

Employees have more options

Response from Guusto

Hi Denise,

Thanks so much for your awesome review! We are so glad that Guusto has helped make employee recognition at your company a simple and positive experience, and that your employees are enjoying the wide range of merchant options that we provide!

Please feel free to reach out to our support team if you need anything in the future. Thanks for being an awesome Guusto member :)

Replied 23/06/2020
Jessica

Reviewed on 07/12/2021

Freedom to choose your own gift !!

easy access to gifts

Pros

I appreciated receiving this by email ( as we are all working remote) this makes it super easy to send/receive.
I enjoyed also being able to divide the amount I have received at multiple vendors. I received a generous amount and was able to divide as I pleased and when I needed it on my phone while shopping which made my experience super user-friendly. I enjoyed having the personalized message from my team as well as my company logo

Cons

There is not much I can think of that I disliked. Everything worked well.

Heather

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

User Friendly!

Overall, Guusto has helped to boost our companies morale. Especially with many of our staff members working from home, this has been a nice way to show appreciation. We have also used it to give out prizes for contests. The flexibility to choose where you want to spend the money is such a huge bonus! It makes the gift or prize very personalized.

We have realized people really like money when they go above and beyond (but we may have had that hunch before we started using Guusto)!

Pros

No matter who we have had use this app, every person has an easy time accessing their gift. It has been a great way to boost morale and get more recognition out. We also love that each gift can be tailored to the individual; they get to choose where they spend the money. It has been really well received in our organization.

Cons

Lower reload fees would be lovely, but we also understand this is a business. Other than that, we have had no issues and are really enjoying it.

Jordan

Reviewed on 16/06/2020

Great Tool for Increasing Employee Recognition

Overall, we have had a great experience with Guusto. I have worked directly with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] when we were looking into the tool and they were always available to talk or to answer my questions. I have working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on many occassions and she has helped me troubleshoot, and has assisted in obtaining alternatives during this uncertain time. Great customer service from the whole team!

Pros

What we like most about this software is that it is easy to use, has a nice user interface and provides us with a great tool to not only recognize our employees, but our employees can recognize each other.

Cons

The only thing I would change is the option to have a lower gift amount then the minimum $10.

Response from Guusto

Hi Jordan,

Thanks so much for your awesome review! We are so glad to hear that Guusto has provided a positive user experience for you, and that your employees love being able to recognize their peers too!

The minimum gift value has recently been lowered to $5! Feel free to give it a try next time you send a gift ;)

Replied 23/06/2020
Lindsay

Reviewed on 20/01/2020

Quick and Easy

I loved the ability to provide a surprise and delight to our staff, gift them the option of a reward that is useful to them and the ability to reward them immediately from my computer without having to run around getting gift cards. The staff love the online option/app - only a few have preferred the paper option. And i like being able to send a personal note or picture along with the reward.

Pros

So much easier than constantly purchasing gift cards.Staff are all on board with using. Love bign able to send little notes and images with the message. Easy to track and manage gifts. And love that we are helping out a good cause at the same time!

Cons

Only one issue with redemption so far thorough the merchant's website for a short period of time.

Response from Guusto

Hi Lindsay, thank you so much for leaving us a review! We're so glad to hear recognition is now easier for you, and that your people love Guusto and the flexible redemption options. We're always working to improve - ensuring a more seamless redemption experience is on our priority list. Feel free to reach out to our support team if you have any questions, and we'd be more than happy to help. Muucho Guusto! :)

Replied 24/01/2020
Maia
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

Great Platform for buying gift cards

Great experience, very convenient and so easy to use. Will recommend and also will be buying employee gifts on this site going forward.

Pros

The ease of transaction. Very easy to use. User friendly. Love the large amount of merchant to choose from where you can buy for a specific merchant or you can let the gift receiver pick their own merchants. You can pick your own schedule date and also upload your own unique design. I also like how
You can personalize your gift card.

Cons

The fees if you have less than $500 on your account and want to buy a gift card for less than $500 and your account has no funds and you want to use your credit card.
You also can’t edit your purchase you have to cancel and rebuy.
You can’t change your reschedule date. You have to cancel transaction and rebuy.

Kenya
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 31/03/2021

Awsome product

it has been great and our management team loves it as well. this was a great addition to our rewards and recognition program.

Pros

Ease of use and deployment!! Never have given spot awards this easily and the variety of awards is great.

Cons

When you print our an award as most of our hourly workforce do not have e-mail, the award is hard to read as to why they are receiving the gift card. I would also like to see their names on the print out.

Namely and Tremendous

Reasons for Switching to Guusto

Cost to get started and for the employer.
Daniele
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 25/06/2022

Great platform to reward employees

The platform brought more interest to my business, both from employees and from customers.
The platform offers a tool capable of facilitating the day to day of companies. Tools and vocabulary very simple to understand.

Pros

1- It helped a lot to build a good environment within the company, due to the recognition given to each employee.
2- The possibility of rewarding my customers generated much more interest in my product
3- The HR software is very simple and easy to understand

Cons

Could have more images to make it even easier to understand. And have more scope in relation to rewards

Lisa

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

All is good

I just find people that receive it don't know what it is and they are hesitant to open it. Not sure that there is anything Guusto can do about that.

Pros

I like how quick and easy Guusto is to use.

Cons

There really isn't anything I can pinpoint

Response from Guusto

Hi Lisa, thank you kindly for leaving us a review. It's great to hear that Guusto has made recognition easy for you! While Guusto is extremely safe to use, we understand some people might be hesitant- I'd suggest adding your branding colours and logo for gift emails, or selecting "print or export" so you can send the gift link to the recipient yourself.
Feel free to reach out to our support team if you need help setting this up, and we'd be more than happy to help. Muucho Guusto :)

Replied 09/12/2019
Tanya

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

Problem solved!

At my work we each have two email addresses I didn’t realize that I had redeemed one card under one email address and the other under the other one. I reached out to rep who was able to locate my missing gift card because I didn’t realize it was under my other email and was able to have someone else from her team transfer it over so that all of my gift cards were in one location. It happened very quickly, very easily and she was incredibly friendly. I would not hesitate to contact her again. I actually passed her email along to a colleague who as an inquiry about one of their gift cards.

Great job!

Pros

Very user friendly
Large selection of cards

Cons

I lost one of my gift cards but found out it was my fault and not the software.

Response from Guusto

Hi Tanya,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad to hear you found our support team friendly and fast! We love helping customers, feel free to reach out to us anytime. Muucho Guusto :)

Replied 10/10/2019
Ed
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 08/12/2019

Helps me recognize my team

Easy to send quick rewards to your team for doing something special or for a milestone

Pros

Easy to use. Many vendors to choose from and thereby increases the value of the gift

Cons

Not prepopulated with the organizations people or their email or phone number.

Response from Guusto

Hi Ed, thank you kindly for leaving us a review. We're glad to hear your team likes Guusto's flexible redemption options! As for prepopulated recipients, you can upload a list of people you want as 'common recipients' in your team settings, which can then allow you to speed up the Buy Gifts process! All you will have to do is type in the first few characters of their name, and it will fill in the information from the list. Feel free to reach out to our support team if you have any questions or need help setting this up, and we'd be happy to help! Muucho Guusto :)

Replied 12/12/2019
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 19/04/2021

Easy to use and wonderful client appreciation tool

Pros

Guusto is super easy to use and intuitive. An excellent, fast and easy way to show client appreciation to anyone in Canada or the USA. It takes just a couple mintues to sign up and you can be sending gifts right away. There are also a lot of features that track your business and show graphic representation of your empoyees and client engagement. For many, this could be the single way to send client appreciation gifts for others this has the ability to at least take out the hassel of sending gift cards individually and keeping track of all the receipts.

Cons

When it comes to Guusto, I can't think of anything major I haven't enjoyed. As mentioned, it was easy to use and will even help with end of year accounting. If i had to nit-pick I would say the 3% service charge for credit card transaction is the biggest downside. Email money transfers are easy but require a $500 transfer to be free and the money cannot be withdrawn. Other than that, I encourage you to give it a try to see if Guusto can simplify and streamline your client and employee appreciation.