About Guusto

Guusto makes it easy for HR Leaders at companies with 200+ employees to consistently reward great work and shape amazing culture. Now the #1 HIGHEST RATED recognition platform on G2! Start with a FREE ACCOUNT and being sending...

Browse Guusto Reviews

1,007 of 1,007 reviews
Jason

Reviewed on 09/10/2020

Incentives Made Easy

The backed offers reports that makes keeping track of taxable commission for employees, all the tracking is done for you automatically. Can't go wrong there. The best part though, is probably how it works with our incentive structure. Before Guusto, we had actual physical gift cards, and the type of card would rotate week over week. With Guusto, its up to the user where they'd like to spend their money. Tracking gift cards we give employees as incentive has never been easier thanks to Guusto.

Pros

Guusto has radically improved how MSi - OBTM incentives operate. The options available to our employees are always growing and the APP makes for redeeming those rewards in store a breeze. On the backed, Guusto's solution to reporting has made keeping track of funds extremely easy and the customer service is great! If you ever have a problem customer service is there to help you right away. It has a very personal feeling when you are interacting with their support team.

Cons

Honestly I can't think of something I'd say I dislike, any issues I have come down to using Internet Explorer. Those issues are still very minor and rare! Guusto is an extremely flexible service and I'm sure that if I wasn't using Internet Explorer the few bugs I've encountered wouldn't be there.

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 07/11/2022

Guusto is a great system for thanking clients, referral partners, associates, and more

Very positive in that both the giver and receiver feel great about the gift. A super system and the name Guusto itself implies "food" and "gusto", great emotional impressions for a gift recipient.

Pros

It can be complicated figuring out how to gift different people. Guusto makes it easy: A neutral cash gift that the recipient can use for whatever delights them from a wide range of gift options and categories. And as Guusto is not tied to a specific vendor the gift feels authentic in that there is no skewing or implicit advertising of one vendor.

Cons

Overall it is a great system and easy to work with as a user, which is most important. As Guusto tweaks and evolves the interface it will get even better as there are a couple of places where it could be a bit more intuitive. Only minor things that someone who does UI development would notice about the UI and interaction.

Jorge
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 01/07/2021

Easy to learn, simple choice

Pros

The free account makes the process of learning the app real easy. The fact you feel helping the environment with the One Drop Foundation its a high point up.

Cons

They should improve the global access of the app, Spanish language and support its really needed.

Top Guusto Alternatives

Saravanan

Reviewed on 22/10/2022

Feedback

Pros

I use this software for employee recognization, it was very good

Cons

I dont see anything like that, its very easy to use

Alan
  • Industry: Food Production
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 18/11/2022

guusto review

excellent

Pros

It feels like a positive review board for co workers and employees. It allows you to send postive review of an employer from customer or coworker without anything negative to show appreciation

Cons

The user interface of guusto is difficult to navigate,it's hard for new users to know what is going on, needs a tutorial or a complete overhaul for the site. most importantly how to give reviews to co workers and to see rewards and points

Joyce
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

Guusto has a great design, its so easy to use !

Very easy to use! Was able to shop online or use my points towards family events like going for dinner.

Pros

I liked that they had alot of options for different ways to use my rewards points.

Cons

Nothing there was truly nothing that i could think off

Tauseef
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 18/11/2022

Guusto

Pros

Easy to send and receive the gift card as token of appreciation or recognition. It also has a dashboard to track the transaction of gift cards.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about the Guusto, for my purpose, it is meeting the expectation and needs.

Marta

Reviewed on 06/10/2022

Saying THANK YOU was never easier

Pros

The software was easy to navigate and use. I like that you don't have to use the physical gift card to recognize someone. I also like the freedom of choice of your preferred vendor. E-cards are simple and they don't overwhelm you with images - all and all great tool for work recognition program. I also like that fact that you don't have to send money, you can just send a lovely thank you note.

Cons

Honestly, I have been using GUUST for a bit over 5 months and I have not come across any hiccups. Good job

Nasser

Reviewed on 02/11/2022

I love it!

Pros

I like how simple and straightforward it is to use. The UI looks good, a good variety of things to redeem (I can use it for myself, send it to someone else, or donate it to an organization), and the redemption process (if done through email) is pretty instant. I don't have to wait long to receive my gift and I can start using it immediately!

Cons

I've thought about this question for a good while but I cannot seem to come up with anything - that should say plenty!

Brandy
  • Industry: Cosmetics
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 16/11/2022

Get this

It is awesome !

Pros

It is easy to navigate and customer support is amazing

Cons

Nothing is wrong with it ! Keep up the good work !!

Lydia

Reviewed on 02/10/2019

Using Guusto for Employee Recognition

We implemented Guusto to enable us to recognize our employees when they go "above and beyond". We do send giftcards through Guusto as prizes for these recognition activities. We've enjoyed using the Guusto platform.

Pros

Guusto has been improving continuously since we started using it. We've really appreciated that the team is focused on optimizing the platform from a user and administrator standpoint and there have been so many small tweaks that have helped us (e.g. ability to update batches of records by uploading a new list, instead of making manual changes).
The support we receive has been great. Our Account Manager (Skai) is extremely responsive and always gets back to me quickly if we're experiencing any challenges.

Cons

While new features are often in development, there's no regular update to hear about them. Sometimes, we literally stumble across them.
We have our employees as one big team so that everyone can see all of the nominations. It might be nice to have a filter option so that users could choose to see nominations from their team / department / location. It is possible to do this as an administrator by downloading a list if you have user records configured accordingly.
The platform is not optimized for use in Internet Explorer - although it is still functional.

Response from Guusto

Hi Lydia, Thank you kindly for the thoughtful feedback that gives us a valuable opportunity to improve and earn your 5th star! Glad to hear you appreciate our continuous efforts to improve the platform! We actually publish New Feature articles in our help centre, and based on your feedback, we'll add some notifications when new ones get written. Whenever possible, we always recommend using a modern web browser like Chrome, as Internet Explorer is not well supported by Microsoft anymore. Lastly, I'm happy to report that there is already a way to filter nominations by team/department/location. Reach out to our customer success team, as we're always happy to help customers get the most out of the product. Muucho Guusto :)

Replied 03/10/2019
Jhonjerlyn

Reviewed on 04/07/2022

Greater work experience thanks to the award system.

My general experience with Guusto has been really good, I was able to quickly adapt to the platform thanks to the free trial that I was able to enjoy for a week, I was able to adapt to the platform and understand exactly how I should carry out the process of sending awards and gift cards. I'm satisfied with the general functionality of this platform, as I mentioned beofre, a few features still need to be added, such as the awards status check system, but the rest of the platform works great, I love being able to send awards to my employees without any limit. I must emphasize that this platform has allowed our employees without any limit. I must emphasize that this platform has allowed our employees to be more enthusiastic about fulfilling their tasks, since they work harder to obtain awards from us, without a doubt this platform has been perfect for my company and to obtain greater work performance.

Pros

One of the main things that I like about Guusto is the wide variety of awards that exist, I can send gift cards to my employees, cash prizes or a check as thanks for the work days. I also like the Leaderboard system that it has, it allows me to know exactly which employee has had the best work performance, and in this way I can make the corresponding awards, it is quite easy. Finally, I must mention that I love Guusto's free trial, I used it for about 1 week before buying a paid plan, this free trial was complete, it allowed me to send unlimited rewards to my employees and it helped me understand how the platform works.

Cons

One of the things that should be improved is that a monitoring system has to be added which allows to know the status of the award sent. On several occasions I have sent awards to my employees but I cannot know exactly when they open that award or if it is still waiting to be opened, I would love there to be a system that allows me to see if the employee has already exchanged an award, to send him some reminder. I would also like to see more variety in the recognition plaques, currently I can send plaques with personalized designs to our employees to reward them for their work, however, there is very little variety of designs.

Steve

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

Incredible Service - Very easy for Users and for Admins

Instant Employee Recognition is the business problem, and Guusto has been a great tool for helping HOMESTAR Financial Corporation meet that need. It is simple enough to use; both managers and employees seem happy with how we're using it (went 'live' July 3rd of this yr). The Customer Support from CSR and his Team is INCREDIBLE! I sent a question about an issue yesterday - within 24 hours, their Tech-Design team had created a whole new solution, including adding two new feature 'buttons.'

Pros

Low cost and ease of set-up was great for getting started. And any time I have an issue or a "how can I do so-and-so...?" whatever question, I get a response and usually a solution within 30 minutes. A few times they've had to do an overnight 'update' to put in a "fix" but the next day, things have worked better.

Cons

there's limited flexibility with naming conventions, and that's a small thing (and I'm told they're looking into that). Reporting is OK, since you can dump lots of data into Excel, but it would be cool if I could choose the specific data I needed and not get "everything" at once.

Response from Guusto

Hi Steve, thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Our goal is to empower firms with affordable real-time solutions for recognizing your people, and we're so glad it's working!

We love hearing suggestions from customers that help us make the platform even better! I've passed your feedback along to our product team, and they are working to integrate some solutions.

Muucho Guusto :)

Replied 25/09/2019
Eliot

Reviewed on 11/06/2020

Cost efficient solution for national contests

The Guusto team was quick to provide solutions to meet the needs and expectations of our recipients. Even though the original scope of our contest did not involve using Guusto (but the global pandemic made us reevaluate our rewards program on the go), their exceptional customer service allowed us to transition to Guusto without causing delay. They were quick to respond to emails and always available for phone calls and video chats to discuss strategy and next steps.

I look forward to using them regularly in the future, as a cost effective option that aligns with our company's paperless (green friendly) initiatives.

Pros

The Guusto platform provided a solution to the social distancing and office closures faces by many businesses today. It enabled our company to run a nationwide sales contest and issue rewards to individuals across the country instantly - at a significantly lower cost by eliminating postage.

Cons

If I had to submit a request for future enhancements, it would be to make the recipient links have added security such as requiring them to enter their name. I realize passwords are challenging when dealing with large numbers or recipients - but if each recipient was required to enter their name or email to access their reward bank - it may make me feel more confident that only the intended recipient will ever see/access their bank.

...if this was not a required question - I would not have filled out this field.

Response from Guusto

Hi Eliot, thanks so much for leaving an awesome review! We are so glad to hear that Guusto was able to supply the rewards needed for your sales contest, and that you were happy with the timely support we provided to distribute the rewards within a short time frame! We are launching a site-wide product update that will include several new features to make the gifting and redemption experience even better, so, stay tuned! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer support if you need anything. Thanks for being an awesome Guusto member! Muucho Guusto :)

Replied 16/06/2020

Reviewed on 10/06/2020

Awesome!!

We love Guusto at our company. We have seen how happy people get when they see the gift in their inbox. It makes them feel appreciated. It was a very smooth transition into using this reward system.

Pros

Using this product is very easy. As an administrator, I was able to teach all of our managers how to use GUUSTO with little confusion or push back. I love how you can pick a specific gift for someone or let them choose where they want to spend their money. I also like how you can write a personal note to them to make them feel appreciated. The customer service at GUUSTO is great. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helps us very quickly and solves all our problems day of.

Cons

Sometimes employees have trouble accessing their gifts or I have had someone not be able to find his gift in his email. It was like it went away before he was able to claim the gift. Other than that, no problems.

Response from Guusto

Hi Sarah, thanks so much for leaving an awesome review! We are so glad to hear that you love using Guusto to send personalized gifts, and that you are happy with the support we provide! Very occasionally, gift emails land in the recipient's spam mail box, which is also why we provide many ways to deliver the gift: email, text, link, or print! In addition, our gift cards will never expire unless if an expiration date is set by the sender. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer support if you need anything. Thanks for being an awesome Guusto member! Muucho Guusto :)

Replied 16/06/2020
  • Industry: Facilities Services
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 30/03/2021

Great way to engage and keep people motivated!

The flexibility afforded to the account holder to allow the recipient to choose their merchant of choice removes the "I hope they like this" dilemma. Guusto also helps bypass the prepaid credit card activation fees, which is a huge bonus as well.

From a business perspective, having reports which track gifts purchased is a key differentiator as gift cards are often one of the things that businesses' forget about when it comes time for filing corporate taxes. The tax implication for the end-user is also tracked and can be filed through regulatory requirements for year-end as well, keeping all parties in compliance. Tracking redemption (and therefore engagement) is a huge bonus. The knowledge that unredeemed amounts won't go to waste gives companies peace of mind that they aren't just buying a traditional gift card but a full-stack service to manage their rewards and recognition systems far more efficiently.

Pros

It's always a pleasant surprise when a vendor, manager, or peer sends a nice e-gift as a follow-up random act of kindness.

The key strength of the Guusto platform is the ease of use. The iOS app interface is straightforward to navigate once you have it downloaded and relatively intuitive for a person who's never received a product like this before. The creation of the account was seamless, as was accessing the bundle of merchants that Guusto currently offers, which will grow over time.

The best part of the entire web service is the dashboard which allows you to glance at everything important to an end user quickly. The robust reporting features that an admin/team owner can access help quantify engagement that isn't possible through traditional "gift card hand out" systems that I've used before.

Cons

Certain merchants have a minimum spend limit which can be limiting to the redeemer.

Brittany
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 25/02/2020

Guusto Review

Guusto has been great to work with over the last couple of years! Client love receiving the gifts and all the feedback has been positive about how easy it is to redeem the gift cards wherever they chose!

Pros

We love using this software! It is really easy to send gift cards, there are tons of merchants on the list and clients love receiving them!

Cons

The fees, but I get it - it's a business and they have to make money somehow. Offsets the postage fees we were paying when we mailed gift cards out.

Response from Guusto

Hi Brittany, thank you so much for writing us a review! We're so glad to hear that Guusto has made gifting easy for you, and that your recipients love it as well! We pride ourselves on having a simple and impactful platform that can make real-time recognition and gifting a reality for all businesses. Feel free to reach out to our support team anytime and we'd be more than happy to help. Muucho Guusto! :)

Replied 02/03/2020
Cesar

Reviewed on 12/07/2020

Hands down the BEST rewards platform !

Before Guusto, I was having to run out to the store all the time to buy gift cards for my colleagues and clients. It was also way less impactful since I had to put them in the mail and they didn't arrive for a few days from the event that triggered me wanting to send a gift. Guusto has been an amazing tool to help me build my career.

Pros

Guusto is so easy to use! I love being able to recognize my colleagues whenever they help me out. It saves me so much time, and is super effective since they get to pick where they want to redeem it. I also like using it to thank my clients for their business. It has helped to strengthen my relationship with them.

Cons

There's nothing to not like! The app is really smooth. I've never had an issue, and everyone I've given Guusto gifts has been really appreciative.

Response from Guusto

Hi Cesar,

Thank you for posting a review! We're so glad to hear that you love using Guusto to recognize your colleagues. Feel free to reach out to us if you need anything :) Thanks for being an awesome Guusto member!

Replied 21/07/2020
Vito
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 30/06/2020

Great cost effective product

The experience has been great. Their team has made it really simple to roll out. Customer support is quick to respond to any questions.

Pros

It allows our HR team to work on core functions because Guusto manages our employees recognition program which otherwise would be time consuming. Rewards are very flexibility that staff really like. It has allowed us to modernize, attract and retain staff.

Cons

Cant really identify any weaknesses. It has been great.

Response from Guusto

Hi Vito,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review! We look forward to continuing to power your recognition programs. Reach out anytime if we can be any help or would like to see anything added to our product roadmap.

Replied 11/07/2020
Melissa
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 18/12/2020

Top Notch Rewards Program!

Rewarding my peers is quick & easy! Who doesn't love instant gratification? I am able to easily reward my peers instantly, there's no wait time & I am able to keep track of all rewards sent/ received & it notifies me when a reward has been redeemed & who redeemed it! The organization & tidiness of the program is superb. I also like that I have the ability to choose the denomination that I would like to send. Customization is a breeze. This program is excellent for business & personal use! You can send gifts to anyone you'd like, whether it's work related or for friends & family - the options are flexible! It's no longer necessary to visit a brick & mortar for gifts - Guusto offers the ability to do your gift giving virtually. With the ease of the app itself, you can do it from absolutely anywhere, which is not only convenient, but a huge time saver as well. This method of recognition & gift giving has also saved on administrative & shipping costs - it's also environmentally friendly!

Pros

Guusto is a fun & easy way to recognize & reward your peers' hard work! Guusto has a wide variety of gift options, so you can rest assure that there will be something for everyone! Recognizing ones hard work, dedication & quality of their work is important in order to build healthy morale & maintain close, professional relationships within the workplace as well as outside of it! I can state, with 100% confidence, that Guusto's reward program is the best I have ever used! Gift giving & recognizing one's hard work & dedication is one of my favorite things to do ( being on the receiving end is a lot of fun as well. ) I highly recommend this program to anyone that is looking for an incredibly easy & super fun way to give & receive these tokens of appreciation. Also, being able to choose where you spend your dollars is a perk that ensures the receiver is able to get a gift that they will, without a doubt, be happy with! Way to go Guusto! A++!!

Cons

I have no dislikes to provide! I love everything about Guusto!

Lisa
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 17/08/2020

Smooth & Secure - Perfect way to recognize peers

It is an easy to use tool and set up. Knowing I have access to a terrific way to send a thank you / recognition is very helpful.

Pros

I found the site easy to navigate and very intuitive. I was able to figure out how to add funds to my personal account and understand the options in sending gifts to peers with little frustration or problems. The report page will help me easily track the gifts sent and when redeemed.

Cons

I have not been able to figure out how to transfer funds from my personal account to the team account - the site provided directions but the transfer button was not available to me. If this is not permitted by my company maybe a pop up explanation could be provided? The minimum amount to add to your personal account is a bit high unless you use the credit card option.

Response from Guusto

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for leaving us a review, we're glad to hear that you love using Guusto as your recognition tool! Only admins on the team can transfer funds from the personal account to the team account, which may be why you are not seeing the option. There is a 3%+$0.3 fee that is charged by the credit card processor, but since we do not charge any other service fees, it is a pretty good deal for gifts of smaller values! Reach out anytime if you have any questions, and thanks for being an awesome Guusto member :)

Replied 21/08/2020
Lee
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 15/07/2020

Best and most affordable self-service gifting and recognition platform

We currently use Guusto to send employees vouchers for work tenure miletones and sales performance / hitting targets. When working in-person, we would buy things like champaign, but we are working from home right now and the feedback from the team so far has been that they actually prefer the choice this gives them better. I'm confident that we will use Guusto more often internally and even start using for clients.

They also offer a recognition service with nomiations that we haven't tested out until there is wider adoption in the business, but from looking at the webinars and documentations, it looks decent.

Give it a try! It's free to test out, the support is very responsive, plenty of documentation and webinars.

Pros

I did a lot a research into different companies and tested out a few - lots had prices locked behing webinar paywalls, unneccesary features (for our business), and large minium order requirements or contracts. What I like best about Guusto is the simplicity - it's so easy to use, has transparent pricing, and has lots of choices for gift recipients to chose from. The options include online gift cards, coffee shops, restautants, charity donations, and much more. Recipients can even save up to make bigger purchaes.

Cons

Hard for me to find an answer for this one!.. If there was any feature that I would like to see improves, would be payment options for ad-hoc purchases. There is a reasonable fee for credit card transactions, but the other options for bank transfers etc. require you to email over receipts and didn't seem very slick. If there were integrations to mainstream online payment processors or even an auto pay with bank details, I would be much more likely to have a bigger commitment.

Response from Guusto

Hi Lee,

Thanks for leaving us a review! We're so glad to hear that you love using Guusto! Our new product upgrade coming soon will streamline the payment process even more, so stay tuned! Reach out anytime if you have any questions, and thanks for being an awesome Guusto member :)

Replied 23/07/2020
Denise
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 19/06/2020

Ease of use and well received

Very easy to use and our employees love receiving money to spend any way they choose.

Easy to navigate through
Can do on my phone

Cons

N/A There isn’t anything I didn’t like
Very easy

O.C. Tanner

Reasons for Switching to Guusto

Employees have more options

Response from Guusto

Hi Denise,

Thanks so much for your awesome review! We are so glad that Guusto has helped make employee recognition at your company a simple and positive experience, and that your employees are enjoying the wide range of merchant options that we provide!

Please feel free to reach out to our support team if you need anything in the future. Thanks for being an awesome Guusto member :)

Replied 23/06/2020
Dawn

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

Guusto makes on-the-spot recognition easy!

Pros

This enables our managers to recognize people on the spot with gifts that they want. We can track and see the awards being made. Roll out was painless. Once you understand how it works, it is very easy to use as a manager awarding gifts. Empowers managers to add more funds to their accounts if they wish to do so.

Cons

The reporting capability could be improved to make it easier for us to take a standard report and share it across the leadership/management team. There are reports available and a dashboard with metrics, but I want to see common themes and statements. Or, would be nice to publish it to the whole organization so that they don't have to log in to see everyone's Guusto awards.

Response from Guusto

Hi Dawn, thank you so much for leaving us a review! It's great to hear that Guusto has made real-time recognition easy and impactful for you. We're so glad onboarding was a breeze :) As for the reporting feature, you can always export the Gift Report into an excel file that you can share with your team! Feel free to contact our support team and they'd be happy to help you find these reports. Muucho Guusto!

Replied 23/12/2019
Slavka
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 17/10/2019

Awesome service!

Pros

I am so pleased we use guusto! I send at least one gift card each week and this has been a tremendous time saver on my end (seriously, we have the longest email addresses ever! typing that in starbucks 150 times is no fun!), but also our staff members are way happier with more options than simply starbucks and tim hortons! We have 50 staff nationwide and we do gift cards each week but each staff also receives card for their anniversary and another one for their birthday... Any time I am not clear on anything, I know I get an answer right away. If I do something silly, they always point me in the right direction and never once made me feel like I should have been able to fix it on my own. Super happy with guusto!

Cons

The only con is that I did not discover them sooner!

Response from Guusto

Hi Slavka, thank you for leaving us a review. We're so glad to hear Guusto has made your life easier! We know that people love the flexibility of choosing what they want- it's great that your team feels the same way! Feel free to reach out any time you have questions, our support team is more than happy to help. Muucho Guusto :)

Replied 24/10/2019