About Guusto

Guusto makes it easy for HR Leaders at companies with 200+ employees to consistently reward great work and shape amazing culture. Now the #1 HIGHEST RATED recognition platform on G2! Start with a FREE ACCOUNT and being sending...

Browse Guusto Reviews

Parbattie P. Parbattie P.

Reviewed on 09/09/2021

Store Manager

Must say it’s great program and looking forward to seeing more great things comming.

Pros

Just so simplify and love all the cool options

Cons

Honestly don’t have any least comments .

• Industry: Hospitality
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 17/08/2020

creating a better employee recognition program that is more hands off. we have multiple administrators who are able to allocate funds and send out reminders to staff who have not claimed their awards before they expire. i would recommend this product for other organizations, not only in hospitality. easy set up and easy to allocate funds to the account. gives us better insight as to what types of awards our staff prefer.

Pros

Ease of use, the scheduling and over all functionality. allows you to be more hands off and allow the system to do the work for you. easy set up and easy to allocate funds to the account. we have multiple administrators who are able to allocate funds and send out reminders to staff who have not claimed their awards before they expire. i would recommend this product for other organizations, not only in hospitality.

Cons

would like the time scheduling function. over all very satisfied with product and the check ins from the guusto team to make sure we are happy with the system and ask for feedback on what can be improved from a user standpoint.

Response from Guusto

Hi there,

Thanks for leaving us a review, we're glad to hear that you love using Guusto! Currently you can schedule the gift at any future date, we're also working on more timing options for delivery as well. Reach out anytime if you have any questions, and thanks for being an awesome Guusto member :)

Emma

Replied 21/08/2020
Heather B. Heather B.

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

User Friendly!

Overall, Guusto has helped to boost our companies morale. Especially with many of our staff members working from home, this has been a nice way to show appreciation. We have also used it to give out prizes for contests. The flexibility to choose where you want to spend the money is such a huge bonus! It makes the gift or prize very personalized.

We have realized people really like money when they go above and beyond (but we may have had that hunch before we started using Guusto)!

Pros

No matter who we have had use this app, every person has an easy time accessing their gift. It has been a great way to boost morale and get more recognition out. We also love that each gift can be tailored to the individual; they get to choose where they spend the money. It has been really well received in our organization.

Cons

Lower reload fees would be lovely, but we also understand this is a business. Other than that, we have had no issues and are really enjoying it.

Top Guusto Alternatives

Lindsay M. Lindsay M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 20/01/2020

Quick and Easy

I loved the ability to provide a surprise and delight to our staff, gift them the option of a reward that is useful to them and the ability to reward them immediately from my computer without having to run around getting gift cards. The staff love the online option/app - only a few have preferred the paper option. And i like being able to send a personal note or picture along with the reward.

Pros

So much easier than constantly purchasing gift cards.Staff are all on board with using. Love bign able to send little notes and images with the message. Easy to track and manage gifts. And love that we are helping out a good cause at the same time!

Cons

Only one issue with redemption so far thorough the merchant's website for a short period of time.

Response from Guusto

Hi Lindsay, thank you so much for leaving us a review! We're so glad to hear recognition is now easier for you, and that your people love Guusto and the flexible redemption options. We're always working to improve - ensuring a more seamless redemption experience is on our priority list. Feel free to reach out to our support team if you have any questions, and we'd be more than happy to help. Muucho Guusto! :)

Replied 24/01/2020
Maia E. Maia E.

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

Great Platform for buying gift cards

Great experience, very convenient and so easy to use. Will recommend and also will be buying employee gifts on this site going forward.

Pros

The ease of transaction. Very easy to use. User friendly. Love the large amount of merchant to choose from where you can buy for a specific merchant or you can let the gift receiver pick their own merchants. You can pick your own schedule date and also upload your own unique design. I also like how
You can personalize your gift card.

Cons

The fees if you have less than $500 on your account and want to buy a gift card for less than $500 and your account has no funds and you want to use your credit card.
You also can’t edit your purchase you have to cancel and rebuy.
You can’t change your reschedule date. You have to cancel transaction and rebuy.

Lisa H. Lisa H.

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

All is good

I just find people that receive it don't know what it is and they are hesitant to open it. Not sure that there is anything Guusto can do about that.

Pros

I like how quick and easy Guusto is to use.

Cons

There really isn't anything I can pinpoint

Response from Guusto

Hi Lisa, thank you kindly for leaving us a review. It's great to hear that Guusto has made recognition easy for you! While Guusto is extremely safe to use, we understand some people might be hesitant- I'd suggest adding your branding colours and logo for gift emails, or selecting "print or export" so you can send the gift link to the recipient yourself.
Feel free to reach out to our support team if you need help setting this up, and we'd be more than happy to help. Muucho Guusto :)

Replied 09/12/2019
Riaz G. Riaz G.

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Great site, lots of choices for gift cards and easy to use. I love it!

We needed a way to securely send gift cards to our employees that allowed them to have the flexibility of redeeming them how ever they wanted. It was much easier logistically to distribute the gift cards electronically due to office workers at home due to COVID-19 policies.

Pros

From the first email saying I have an gift card right to the options to redeem were so easy to follow. The entire process was easy to follow and I was happily picking what gift cards I wanted. I was also surprised how quickly the gift cards were issued. As soon as a clicked redeem, the next screen showed my gift card code. I immediately went to the vendor and the code was applied. Very nice I did not have to wait for the code to activate. Thank You!

Cons

I would have liked to have Mastercard as an option, I was told by customer support that it's available, some additional validation is needed. This is understandable to curb potential fraud.

Ed M. Ed M.
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 08/12/2019

Helps me recognize my team

Easy to send quick rewards to your team for doing something special or for a milestone

Pros

Easy to use. Many vendors to choose from and thereby increases the value of the gift

Cons

Not prepopulated with the organizations people or their email or phone number.

Response from Guusto

Hi Ed, thank you kindly for leaving us a review. We're glad to hear your team likes Guusto's flexible redemption options! As for prepopulated recipients, you can upload a list of people you want as 'common recipients' in your team settings, which can then allow you to speed up the Buy Gifts process! All you will have to do is type in the first few characters of their name, and it will fill in the information from the list. Feel free to reach out to our support team if you have any questions or need help setting this up, and we'd be happy to help! Muucho Guusto :)

Replied 12/12/2019
Raymond T. Raymond T.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 19/12/2019

Awesome idea

Pros

I have been a fan of this for many years. It allows a busy business person like myself send gifts to my friends and family without the worry of "what do they want"

Cons

More vendors is always the thing I look at.

Response from Guusto

Hi Raymond, thank you kindly for leaving us a review! It's great to hear that Guusto has made gifting simple and quick, and that your recipients love the flexibility of redeeming for what they like! Our merchant lists are always expanding so everyone can get something they value. Feel free to reach out to our support team with any questions, and they would be more than happy to help! Muucho Guusto :)

Replied 20/12/2019
Chris A. Chris A.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 10/09/2020

Easy way to incorporate gift cards to promotions

It has been great, easy interface to use and I really like that you can expire the cards and gain the money back after a certain point if people don't take the cards.

Pros

We struggled with offers to new clients with gift cards and manually mailing cards. This totally made this a simple process for a very low handling fee (less than the postage costs would have been)

Cons

No real major complaints, we would like Netflix to be on their card list but that is more likely a Netflix issue than a Guusto issue.

Andrew S. Andrew S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 15/06/2020

GUUSTO works

Overall experience has been great. I’m very happy.

Pros

Really like this application for easy gifting and rewards. It works well and is laid out in a straightforward way that makes it simple for recipients to redeem.

Cons

As more and more gift options come online it gets better and better.

Response from Guusto

Hi Andrew, thanks so much for leaving a review! We are so glad to hear that Guusto is providing a simple and easy tools for gifting and gift redemption at your company! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer support if you need anything. Thanks for being an awesome Guusto member! Muucho Guusto :)

Replied 16/06/2020
James D. James D.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 19/04/2021

Easy to use and wonderful client appreciation tool

Pros

Guusto is super easy to use and intuitive. An excellent, fast and easy way to show client appreciation to anyone in Canada or the USA. It takes just a couple mintues to sign up and you can be sending gifts right away. There are also a lot of features that track your business and show graphic representation of your empoyees and client engagement. For many, this could be the single way to send client appreciation gifts for others this has the ability to at least take out the hassel of sending gift cards individually and keeping track of all the receipts.

Cons

When it comes to Guusto, I can't think of anything major I haven't enjoyed. As mentioned, it was easy to use and will even help with end of year accounting. If i had to nit-pick I would say the 3% service charge for credit card transaction is the biggest downside. Email money transfers are easy but require a $500 transfer to be free and the money cannot be withdrawn. Other than that, I encourage you to give it a try to see if Guusto can simplify and streamline your client and employee appreciation.

Debbie M. Debbie M.

Reviewed on 07/04/2021

Quick and easy to get started rewarding your employees!

We can allow our employees to choose their reward rather than us having to choose or purchase from multiple vendors. It's quick and straightforward to buy various gift cards at once and send them at our leisure.

As a new user of Guusto, I can see how this would make easy work of giving our Employees a reward whenever we want with just a few clicks. Sometimes an employee goes above and beyond, so it's a great way to let them know we appreciate all their hard work.

Already we've seen an increase in employee morale just from sending them all a little something.

Pros

My favorite feature is the wide variety of merchants that Guusto has. Previously we would pick specific gift cards to give our employees. Now they can pick and choose which gift card they want with ease.

Cons

The funding is quick and easy; however the $500.00 funding for free transactions is slightly on the high side, but I understand that there are costs associated with financial transactions. I'd like to see an option for a $250.00 funding so we wouldn't have to put so much in at once.

This isn't a dislike, but I also suggest that there is an option to move some of your funding from CAD to USD and vice versa so we can also reward our employees in the USA without having to do two separate fundings.

Tim W. Tim W.
  • Industry: Internet
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 30/06/2020

Best use of my employee reward $$'s. Saves me time and gets my team what they actually want

simple employee engagement that they actually like.

Pros

Took me 20 seconds to send a reward to an individual or even multiple people at the same time. The best part is the recipient gets to choose what they want to buy and you can customize it so it is within food and beverage or anything on Amazon. Honestly it saved me time because I didn't have to think about gifts and at the end of the day my team got what they wanted. Great way to boost morale for a very limited spend.

Cons

Loved it to be honest. Took me no time to sign-up and send out rewards.

Response from Guusto

Hi Tim,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review! We look forward to continuing to power your recognition programs. Reach out anytime if we can be any help or would like to see anything added to our product roadmap.

Emma

Replied 11/07/2020
Leonardo P. Leonardo P.
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 26/08/2020

A Life Saver!

Guusto has definitely helped with increasing overall employee morale. I get the sense that my team members are enjoying a lot more our rewards system, as opposed to what we had in place before.

Pros

We were using a different kind of rewards system at the company I work for, and it was a "one vendor only" kind of situation. My team members eventually got bored with it, and I felt that I had to find an alternative. Luckily I found Guusto! Registering for it was a breeze and I quickly got the "boredom" problem solved.
What I like the best about Guusto is how varied the merchant base is. So many to choose from. Endless possibilities!
Also, It's not like a traditional card where I have to carry another gift card around; it's on my phone via the app. As an administrator, it gives me a good track record of who I am giving my gift cards to, for varied purposes. Very organized.

Cons

There are no downsides that I can think of at the moment. The system is user-friendly at its best, easy and convenient to use.

Adrian S. Adrian S.

Reviewed on 28/12/2019

Mucho Guusto

Very positive.

Pros

Guusto makes it easy for me to give recognition on my sales team. I like it for it's ease of use, and also that there are so many partners now - gives my staff a lot of options for where they want to spend their earned Guustos!

Cons

There aren't really any changes I would make, or that I can recommend. It's easy to use and fun!

Response from Guusto

Hi Adrian, thank you kindly for your review. We're glad to hear Guusto has made recognition easier for you, and that your team loves the flexibility of gift redemption! Feel free to reach out to our support team at any time, and we'd be happy to help! Muucho Guusto :)

Replied 08/01/2020
Natlie B. Natlie B.

Reviewed on 16/09/2020

Great Experience

I got this as a gift and I was skeptical at first after I was able to login I found it simple and very easy to use. a few clicks and you are done. Great experience overall.

Pros

This allows us to give to others without having to have direct contact due to COVID 19. This service allows you to use a specific amount in your redemption to each place so it is up to the receiver on what they choose to use the funds for.

Cons

There was nothing to dislike about the process. It is simple and easy to use for anyone and redemption is quick.

Brian O. Brian O.

Reviewed on 10/06/2021

Gifting with Guusto ... a rewarding experience!

A great solution for providing rewards to virtual event attendees for lunch gift certificates or for customers and employees for general appreciation.

Pros

I am involved in the development and organization of events, mainly MarCom or tech, specifically VoiceFirst/voice technology, and of course, now virtual for what seems to have already been an eternity!. Over a year ago, I was introduced to a service that markets their service to virtual events for that 'Lunch'n'Learn' experience but they had challenges in cross-border fulfilment.

With the flair of 'grab your lunch' or selection and here are several confirmed options by using a gift card platform, Guusto has more acceptance possibility and value. As well, there are many more ways in which to employ the platform, such as general customer or employee rewards or gifting for personal occasions and reasons in general.

Cons

The web-based platform needs a little TLC and tweaking to match up with the ease of use and quality of the app.

Keith S. Keith S.

Reviewed on 25/02/2021

A must-have for anyone in business

For small month-to-month client issues, and especially at Christmas, the app really helps to builder loyalty and save time.

Pros

This free app is a great time saver, and one of the best ways to build client loyalty.

Cons

MY experience has been great. One client was technicall challenged, but appreciated that i reached out with Guusto.

Brandon R. Brandon R.

Reviewed on 27/08/2020

Quick and easy! Awesome app!

Overall experience has been exceptional! No issues yet at all.

Pros

I love who you can allow the recipient to chose their own merchant so we don't have to. It is extremely easy to use and quick. I've never had an issue.

Cons

Functionally it's perfect from my experience. The only thing I have to mention is that since it's not the most familiar name in the world, I have to send my clients a text/email letting them know it was me and not a scam- i understand this is tough to integrate as you wouldn't be able to automatically generate a text/email from out own accounts.

• Industry: Animation

Reviewed on 27/04/2021

Great software for company perks!

Really great way for a company to do give aways or prizes for employees. Super easy to use.

Pros

Love how easy it is especially now that everyone is working from home. Tons of options to choose your own GC based on what you actually want instead of being tied into someone else's choices.

Cons

Would like to have gift cards automatically marked as "used" once they're generated as I logged in and some were considered unused even after I'd used them.

Andrea M. Andrea M.
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 09/01/2021

First time user for team recognition gifts

Give it a whirl, you have nothing to lose!

Pros

That it's an electronic gift! Many of our team members are dispersed throughout the country, so being able to send them an e-gift card to a specific merchant is cool. I liked how we could send a "pint" from the company! That customization is super unique and personal, as opposed to a generic VISA gift card. Oh, and the customization/branding is good.

Cons

I hope that in the future Guusto geoblocks merchants. It would be handy if I could select a province/city the recipient lives in (ie. when selecting the pint gift item, how do I know which merchant is accessible where our staff live). I had to manually do several Google searches and then cross-reference which was timely.

Also, a minimum of $500 isn't ideal for smaller businesses and was almost a deterrent until I realized there was another option. So we opted to incur the credit card transaction fees instead for no minimum!

Rebecca B. Rebecca B.
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 02/09/2020

It was a wonderful experience

Pros

This software was great it allowed me to choose a gift card that I would use on things instead of getting a well intentioned gift card that went unused. It was easy to use and when I did have a problem they were more then happy to help

Cons

The software could be a little slow at time and had a few errors but their tech team was ready and willing to help effectively

Response from Guusto

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for reviewing Guusto! We're glad to hear you've had a great experience with our employee recognition software :)
Our development team is working hard on a new update, so stay tuned! Reach out to our customer success team at any time if you have any questions, and thanks for being an awesome Guusto member :)

Deborah

Replied 12/09/2020
Steve Z. Steve Z.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 28/05/2020

Why use Guusto?

Wonderful

Pros

Great way to say thanks for a referral or sometimes just a gift for friends. The great thing is that it's an immediate reward! A couple clicks and it's done :)

Cons

No probs. Live chat is amazing if you have any questions.

Response from Guusto

Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for your kind review! We're so glad to hear that Guusto has been helpful for your referrals, and has been easy to use for you! Feel free to reach out to our customer support team if you ever need anything. Thanks for being an awesome Guusto member!

Replied 05/06/2020
Ron S. Ron S.

Reviewed on 21/05/2021

Excellent!

Pros

Very easy to use and everyone at my place of work agrees.

Cons

no issues with the software thus far, nothing to complain about.