About PayPal

PayPal is a digital payment platform that enables businesses and individuals to pay and accept payments through an online portal without revealing any financial details. The solution is suitable for businesses of all sizes. PayP...

4.7

Browse PayPal Reviews

23,745 of 23,740 reviews
Avash

Reviewed on 14/11/2020

One of the Best Platforms for Online Payment

I love PayPal. Using it is as easy as browsing the internet. I can receive and request payment from clients all over the world in few minutes as it is accepted in almost all country. It's also easy to track incomes and financial activities. PayPal has made my professional life a lot easier.

Pros

As a part-time freelancer, I have clients from many countries and I use PayPal most of the time to receive money. With PayPal, I can receive money, request money from clients and send invoices instantly to clients and all at a very low cost. I also feel that my information is secure on PayPal as they are a bit ahead in Information Security than other similar platforms. It is also easy to shop online using PayPal as it is accepted in almost all major platforms. Paypal has great and minimal User Interface, so it's very intuitive to use it.

The feature I like most is that we can create a PayPal.me payment URL and also embed it in websites. I also like that we can create a pool and then pay in a team.

Cons

Sometimes they lock your account for unknown reasons and it can be frustrating but those things are necessary to keep scammers and fraud out of PayPal so they aren't big deal. However, I have experienced bad errors a few time during checkout. I don't know why it happens but has happened multiple times to me.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 29/02/2020

PayPal cuz ya gotta...

PayPal is always going to be a mover-and-shaker in the internet finance sector and if you're just sending money to your friends and family or stacking a few bucks to pay for stuff online PayPal is a good option. For me doing business with PayPal has been easy but If you're a medium-to-large sized company maybe you should look for a business account elsewhere.

Pros

PayPal is one of those things ya almost gotta have. All these new digital credit cards coming out that mask your numbers is old newus as far as PayPal is concerned. They pioneered not only digital currency but gave us a format on how-to buy things online. These new marketplaces (letgos, offerups, Facebook marketplace) really owe PayPal a debt of gratitude of for making us comfortable to purchase online. In addition to the privacy PayPal offers they also make it easy for you to send and receive money especially to your friends and they don't charge you anything. You can get a free cash card which is cool and you can also use card to accept payment for your small business.

Cons

PayPal does require a lot of background if you were to open up an account and get a cash card. They do close people down for practically nothing and they will freeze assets for an undetermined amount of time if anything is questioned. Also there so in bed with eBay that if eBay doesn't like something about you or your account they can freeze assets as well. They have a pretty weak offers category where you can get some discounts but they're not all that great and neither is there discount on shipping. And why don't they have their own check cashing division being so big, why use Ingo?

Umair

Reviewed on 15/01/2023

PayPal- A secure payment service

Overall, PayPal provides a safe and secure way of payment transfer, eCommerce, and online payments with additional layers of security verification.

Pros

It is more secure as compared to other service providers.Ease of use with higher safety and security.

Cons

It becomes more complicated if you have to recover your credentials.Service is not available in some countries.Customer service is average.

Top PayPal Alternatives

Square Point of Sale

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Wave Accounting

Melinda

Reviewed on 08/12/2022

Stay Away! Does not take Fraud Protection Seriously!

Payment Processing is clearly not important to PayPal…well if you have any issues with scammers. As a regular customer I ran into an issue where scammers were posing as PayPal and ended up scamming me $1000. Instead of simply reversing the charges PayPal told me that it it doesn’t follow under their policy because I put the payment through family and friends instead of goods and services, because the “PayPal” representative that sent the emails (who I trusted because they were PayPal…or I thought were PayPal) had advised to process the payment that way. When I made a dispute it was quickly rejected by the PayPal team and basically shit out of luck. I contacted my bank as well and they were much more helpful I. This process. I contacted PayPals customer team to see if there was anything they could do but ran into a brick wall again. I had advised them that the scammers are smart and know about this loophole and are taking advantage of PayPals customers because of their policy and if they triply cared about their customers they would update their policy to help protect their customers. I feel violated, unsafe and DO NOT recommend this product to anyone who wants to be treated like a human being. PayPal really needs to wise up and crack down hard on scammers before I even consider going back to them. Think twice about going to this company for payment processing!

Pros

Ease of payments. It was really nice having the ease of a quick button. However, it is not safe and do not recommend on any level until PayPal thinks about changing their protection policy.

Cons

Their policy of fraud protection. I ran into an issue and because the scammers had duped me and advised that the payments needed to go through friends and family option instead of goods and services that’s what I did…which they know does not provide safe protection to people using PayPal.

Roldan

Reviewed on 21/10/2022

PayPal Never Change All These Years - Still Way Too Complicated To Use!

50-50. I mean, PayPal is very promising. If not only for there bad UX or bad user experience design. They really need to brush this thing up.

Pros

- Well, PayPal is an institution when it comes to online Payment System. So, I like it that they are there giving me options when all other options fail.- I was able to use PayPal personally and in business without much issue about security and othe disputes.- I was able to use it with my Website Projects, when clients needs a quick payment integration without much fuss on the buying side of things

Cons

- PayPal is still way too complicated to integrate with WordPress. There are times that you just need to enter email and password, and it gets integrated. Sometimes, it takes you a day or two to be able to do it.- Still not user friendly. Deskop and Mobile version needs UX Design revamp. The conversion between currencies in your account still confusing. Sometimes you fund appears as US Dollar, sometimes it appears as your native currency. - sandboxing dashboard and account pretty much looks like your active/live account. The only way you notice you are in a sandbox is when you see the domain says "sandbox.paypal.com". In contrast with Stripe, where it sends you a contrasting feedback that says "Testing Account" - you won't be able to miss it out.- Currency Conversion is NOT at par with the current market exchange rate! Sometimes, the exchange is two dollar short.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

Eitherway, it all depends on the client's liking. I recommend Paypal as it is the most commonly used gateway. But Stripe is a bit more easier to use and integrate.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

Because it was choosen by the client - not mine.
Adekemi

Reviewed on 10/12/2022

Using Paypal

My overall experience with paypal is very good. The convenience of receiving and sending out money, creating Paypal buttons to receive payments and helping me recover stolen money is phenomenal.

Pros

What I love about Paypal is being able to receive money from customers quickly which can be used to fulfill their order. Also, I can create paypal shopping carts on my blog to receive money directly into my paypal account.

Cons

There are too many fraudulent activities on unsuspecting Paypal users. Someone hacked into my Paypal account and took a lot of money. Paypal gave me my money back. More security needs to be implemented to stop this.

• Industry: Museums & Institutions
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 19/01/2023

best ecommerce payment method for the times

Amazing

Pros

in these days where the world has gone digital and ecommerce takes a center stage .paypal presents fast convenient secure platform to receive and send payments among companies and individuals

Cons

speed of executing the transaction on the go

Tiffany
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 13/12/2022

PayPal Review

Good overall. Happy to have had the option of PayPal for transactions

Pros

Brand recognition from a lot of consumers.

Cons

Fees and some consumers had a hard time using.

cindi
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 03/01/2023

Secure Payments

Has been easy to use when buying products online - especially with overseas currencies.

Pros

The ability to maintain several payment sources in one account that can be used for personal and business payments.

Cons

That all payments must be completed through a separate app and there are add-on fees for all transactions.

Ashley

Reviewed on 22/01/2023

PayPal App is the Best

None

Pros

It is easy for users to use. It is a safe way to make payments, send money, or use for buying.

Cons

Honestly I haven’t found anything that needs to change. It is probably one of the easiest apps I’ve ever used.

Lisa
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

A well known site got even more user friendly!

I used to use PayPal when selling or buying items in eBay only. Now I use it for my freelance business to send invoices, receive money from clients immediately, and either hold it there in PayPal or move it to my bank account. With a PayPal ATM Card, PayPal is like having a separate savings account without the hassles if having to go to a bank to apply for an account. The privacy and safety measures in place are top notch, and the added features make this a perfect way to send and request money whether for business or personal reasons.

Pros

PayPal has come a long way. It’s always been the go to when selling online, but now it can be used to send and receive payments for anything! Linking directly to your bank account or holding the money for you with the add on of a PayPal ATM Card, it’s now made itself available at various retailers where you can pick up money anytime. Send a request for business services rendered or simply for a friend to pay half for dinner. Send money to purchase items or simply as a gift to someone. PayPal’s charges very reasonable amounts for immediate transactions or you can go the free way and wait a day for your money to be moved. With so many new features, PayPal is the new way to send and receive money immediately.

Cons

I can honestly say there isn’t much I don’t like about PayPal. As someone who does Freelance work for a living, I have yet to find a con with its services.

Ross

Reviewed on 23/04/2020

#1 solution for non-credit card payments

Robust payment solution for both personal and business use. Fast, secure and used widely across the US. Less popular in other countries and has issues with customer support, but overall this is still the industry standard for payments other than via credit cards.

Pros

I use PP for both personal and business purposes.
Personal:
1. Extremely easy to use: simple interface, intuitive functions.
2. Send money to friends, receive money from friends - transferring money among people via PP has become as natural as finding information on Google.
3. Apps are very high quality, stable and reliable

Business:
1. Payments collection: PP has a great reputation for use on websites that don't instill a lot of confidence. Which is basically any website that is not Amazon, Walmart and maybe a few others. My business falls into the category of "unknown", which automatically makes customers reluctant to pay with a credit card. PayPal is the way to go, about 60% of all transactions on my website are done via PP.
2. Invoice functionality is great - especially with the reminder feature.
3. Even for people who don't have PP, it offers an option to pay w/Credit Card through the PP interface.
4. Integrations with other services (besides Venmo) are great. For example, integration with Woocommerce / Wordpress.
5. The option of a credit/debit card is fantastic.

Cons

1. Customer support is terrible. Usually everything goes great, but if there's a problem - good luck trying to get it resolved. If Amazon is around 10 on the customer support scale, PP is closer to 2 or 3.
2. PP is not popular in other parts of the world besides the US, which makes it difficult to have business with other countries. For example, it would be almost impossible to pay an Easter Europe freelancer.
3. Business reporting is buggy. The reports seem to be disconnected from reality or just don't show the needed info.
4. Some features on the website are buggy or lacking, for example transactions search: you can't just search by a sub-string of a keyword. First, you need to select a category (first name, last name, email, etc), then you have to write the whole term. Unnecessarily cumbersome and so 2001.
5. Zero synergies from Venmo integration. You'd think that owning Venmo would make it easy to use the same login and other features across the two products. Wrong - those are still two separate services with no cross-integrations whatsoever.

Venmo

1. More popular 2. Better business integrations
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 05/07/2020

I've Been Using Them For Years!

I've Been Using Them For Years! Their service has been consistent and reliable.

PayPal is a well known and recognized payment processor with my US buyers and I think that familiarity helps when they buy from me online.

There's a professionalism to using PayPal and I think online freelancers should use it more in business instead of going with something like Cash App.

Pros

PayPal is easy to setup and easy to use for both personal use and for business (I started with a personal account and then switched over to business).

I've never had a problem connecting and using PayPal with any of my WordPress websites and I've been using them as my website payment processor for years.

The best part is you only pay to use PayPal if you make a sale. I feel like the percentage they take from the sale is fair (all businesses need to make money to stay in business -mine included).

After sales are made, transferring money into my bank account is always quick and easy.

Cons

I haven't had any problems with PayPal at all over the years. Yes, they will charge a fee if you want money transferred over quicker than the average transfer time, but I haven't needed to do that.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

I chose PayPal over Stripe for my online business transactions because the PayPal setup was so much easier. Cash App seems more like a personal use app than a business payment processor.
Daniella

Reviewed on 27/03/2020

Awesome Overall

PayPal makes it easy to exchange money online.This software is tried and true year after year. I will definitely recommend PayPal to anyone who asks.

Pros

I love the ease of use. I enjoy the security they offer, and the various settings they offer to you. PayPal is a proven platform for business and personal users alike. They offer a level of security and protection that is unmatched with many financial softwares.

Cons

Though widely accepted, PayPal isn't widely used among many popular services available today. There was also a lack of customization when it came to things such as my preferred name.

Coinbase Commerce

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

PayPal has a very good and long-lasting reputation.

Chime

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

PayPal gives me the security I need for both my personal and professional lives.
Sal
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 27/10/2021

The original and the essential.

Safe, secure, and reliable. I trust PayPal with my personal information and as my go-to payment processor to both send and receive payments. You can't ask for more, and it's easy to pull transaction data as necessary. It hasn't been often that I have needed to contact PayPal, but, when I do, they have always worked with me to resolve my concerns.

Pros

I have been a long-time user of PayPal and have used it since the early 2000s. I have used PayPal for online sales through eBay, which how I was first introduced to the website. It was always a quick and safe way to process online payments. As I began to work on music and needed a method to accept payments, PayPal was my obvious choice.

PayPal is instant and offers great security for both payer and payee. I see the essential information I need to send out merchandise or e-mail files and I can also rest assured that my payments that I both send and receive are secure. In addition, in this age of phishing scams, PayPal's security features help me feel more secure in sending money online. I can trust PayPal with my account and card information and have never had an issue in the nearly 20 years of using the platform.

Cons

Like all payment processing companies, PayPal does charge fees for their services. While I expect and accept that fees are essentially inevitable, it's always nice if fees can be lowered so that creators can keep more of the funds they work so hard to earn. It's unfortunate when prices need to be raised to account for percentages. Generally, though, PayPal's fees are amongst the lowest that I have seen, so this is a very minor complaint.

Square Payments, Cash App and Venmo

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

I have a long relationship as a customer of PayPal and have no reason to change. I have been happy with PayPal's features, level of security, and customer support.
Brian

Reviewed on 29/02/2020

The original virtual wallet

I'd say it started out rough but through perseverance and patience (on the customer's side of things) we now have a fairly good financial platform to conduct basic financial transactions with ease and peace of mind.

Pros

Longevity-- PayPal has been in the game since 1998. In my opinion, they are the original virtual wallet allowing for financial transactions to be processed with as little as a click of a mouse.
Innovation- PayPal revolutionized digital wire transfers and made sending money between friends and financial institutions a breeze. They eliminated the need to physically go to brick and mortar locations which propelled them into a different class from their competitors like Western Union and MoneyGram.
Security- Starting out as a software security development company for handheld devices known as Confinity, PayPal's notoriously safe and secure methods of transfer and payment processing is intrinsic to its core values. This level of security allows PayPal to continue to expand it's financial services to more than 200 countries and regions making it the go-to service for a plethora of small business owners, individuals, and even entire countries.

Cons

Customer Service- It's honestly atrocious. I'll admit that through the years it has gotten better however you better hope and pray your money doesn't get stuck in some transaction because you'll be pressed to get a straightforward response let alone a resolution from the "customer service" department. PayPal has definitely ironed out some major kinks in their systems however when things go bad they really go bad. I have had friends who've business accounts have been randomly shut down citing some obscure terms and service violations. Meanwhile, thousands of dollars of their money is being held hostage in frozen accounts. The process to recover your funds isn't entirely possible with frozen accounts which leaves merchants with money they are unable to access and steps to take that are not possible. I am talking years of legal mumbo jumbo just to get their money released to them... So I caution you ... TREAD LIGHTLY and read every bit of the fine print to make sure you are in compliance with their terms of service so they do not get you on some technicality which leaves you with a lifetime ban from the platform and o way of getting the money that is rightfully yours.

Candace
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 07/12/2019

12 years and still loving it!

I cannot say enough good about them. They have always been accurate, they have always backed me as a customer, they have always solved my issues while on the phone with me.. it has never taken more than one call to get answers. I have used them for 12 years and continue to love the ease of the sotware.

Pros

I have been using PayPal as my primary method of receiving payments from clients for 12 years. The ease of use is incredible. My favorite thing about it is that it doesn't take long for the money to drop into my PayPal account once it has been sent. It is truly received within minutes! The other thing I love about it is when there is a problem, such as something I canceled still withdrawing money from the account, PayPal gives me the money back immediately and tells the person who did it to prove they were allowed to. Traditional banks go through an entire chargeback claim and it can take weeks. With PayPal it is while you are on the phone. They call it a provisional credit, while they investigate. They stand behind their customers!
I have also used their credit card collection machine. It is a small device that attaches to my phone when I want to take payments, such as for goods at a craft fair). People can use their payment account or use their PayPal debit card to pay. The transaction goes through smoothly and I am not beholden to credit card processing companies for crazy fees. Paypal is much much less expensive.

Cons

On very rare occasions it will go down. I think maybe 5 times in 12 years it has happened to me. When it happens money cannot drop in or be sent out, so you are stuck waiting till they fix the problem before you can conduct business. However, I have never known it to take more than a few minutes to get it done. It doesn't happen much now, but a few years ago it was something I did not like.
Also, the software is fee based, so there are charges for money coming in and money going out. That is no fun.

Cullen
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 09/05/2019

PayPal Reaches New Heights in Security and Convenience

PayPal has served me well over the past 8 years or so and I will continue doing so. I've always felt a sense of security around my purchases and integrity of confidential information. Its amazing how PayPal has managed to serve such high standard of security related services while continuing to enhance its convenience via new features, fast support, and a ever widening network of user touch-points. PayPal's availability is far beyond what today's local banks offer. Users can find uses in websites/stores that accept PayPal, in-person physical access to your account for withdraw or deposit, and full control anytime, anywhere with the mobile app and superb web interface.

Pros

PayPal has always worked without fail when used as a payment method. In one glance at my PayPal dashboard either on my computer or mobile device, I'm able to check my balance, credit balance, credit payment due date and more. I've even found myself without cash or balance in my local checking when I needed to pay a bill. That's when I tried PayPal cash withdrawal using the app for the first time. Within minutes I had the money I needed! There are so many benefits and tools built around convenience within PayPal that I can't say enough. I'm a fan of investing and when PayPal teamed with Acorns for easy round up investments I was quick to take advantage of it. To be honest, I hardly use my checking compared to how much I use my PayPal account.

Cons

There isn't much to dislike about PayPal, however I there were a few times I had sent/received money from family and it was mistakenly handled as a payment. The problem was purely user based. More than likely the manner in which we requested and/or sent the money was different than the "Gift" function. The gift being handled as a payment for services instead lead to a fee of a substantial amount. Perhaps some better explanation on requesting a gift vs. payment and such. I see PayPal has recently introduced an invoicing system which is amazing.
I hope they continue to do so as they were lacking free services targeted towards individual entrepreneurs who did business under their own name rather than a business.

Tyler
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 08/02/2021

Has everything you need but can be more efficient when navigating

Overall PayPal is great for business and personal needs, but can definitely use a few tweaks to further enhance the users experience. I would highly recommend it for anyone to use.

Pros

I love and rely on the "quick links" on the dashboard, as the icons help make things quick and easy to navigate to where you need to go. I almost exclusively use these buttons as opposed to the top menu bar, as it doesn't feel the most user friendly.

Sending invoices work very well providing plenty of options. You enter in your clients information, and have the choice to save as a draft, copy the link to the invoice, or send to their email. Having these options are so vital, because each client may have different preferences.

Transferring money to friends and family is 100% free of charge, and very easy to use (especially on the mobile app). So many marketplaces and online shops nowadays have PayPal integrated which is great, as it can speed up the checkout process, while providing an extra layer of protection from your card or other payment methods being compromised you wouldn't have otherwise.

Cons

Page load time can feel slow, if the time can be cut it'd be more pleasant to use.

The interface on the dashboard can feel cluttered at times, this makes it a bit difficult to find exactly what I need. Some of the menus I feel can be simplified / optimized.

No dark mode option. I use PayPal at night quite often and having this can make it easier on the eyes.

No built-in PayPal transaction fee estimator / calculator. I'd love to see how much PayPal will take from the total transaction of a business invoice. I always find myself using a third party tool to calculate the fees, which takes time away from getting invoices out quick.

The money in / money out side panel on the dashboard. I feel it can be combined into one, and don't care much for the "At a glance" displaying recent invoices section as I normally go to the manage invoice page to see everything I need.

No "Send Money" button below balance. Would love to see an additional button right below the PayPal balance box on the dashboard, and have it labeled as "Send Money"

Christina

Reviewed on 07/01/2020

Very Trustworthy!

I use PayPal multiple times a week for both personal and business reasons, and it's the easiest and fastest money transfer app I've used. I really like how you can choose to send money as friends and family or as goods and services, options are important. If someone buys your product or service and pay through goods and services they get buyer protection which is very helpful because I can't offer that on my own.
Recently they added the option to instantly transfer your PayPal balance to your linked debit card or bank account, which is another great service by PayPal. They have a nice selection of PayPal credit, debit and prepaid cards and you can also get the PayPal cash card to easily withdraw money from your balance at a store or ATM.
I love using PayPal, it's the only money transfer service I actually use because they make every transaction and transfer almost effortless. PayPal has great fraud security and ert you via email if they suspect suspicious activity on your account. Very trustworthy app/website!
PayPal support is great, I love how you can choose to contact them through email, in app messaging, live chat or call them...these choices make it possible to reach out for help no matter your situation. PayPal nailed it!

Pros

Instant money transfers! I love how easy it is to instantly send money or payments to anyone by phone number, email address or name. Being able to link PayPal to Google Pay and Samsung Pay make PayPal that much more convenient to use.
I recently upgraded to a PayPal Business Account and received my new credit card swiper and chip reader in the mail, and it pairs easily with the PayPal Here app via Bluetooth and now I can accept credit card payments whenever and wherever I happen to be. I absolutely love using PayPal.

Cons

PayPal has an internal security system that blocks certain transactions and there is nothing you or PayPal support can do to override it, you just have to wait 24 hours and try again. If your account mostly receives money rather than sending money and you decide to send money the internal security system may either block your transfer or lock you out of your account until you call them to confirm your account, they call this "suspicious activity on your PayPal account"

Kidhogwa

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

Paypal can be annoying, tough it's still the best

would still recommend PayPal to everyone because you really don’t have any other options out there better than PayPal.
I think PayPal knows this and that’s why they don’t care to make adjustments.

I read somewhere that if you plan to travel or are changing the device you usually login with to PayPal, you can write to PayPal and explain this but I'm not sure if this works though. Maybe they could still ask to verify whether its truly you that is making the request.

Pros

PayPal is the biggest online money transfer which makes it my best choice because I work with a number of people from almost every corner of the earth.

I love Its invoicing software. It takes away the hassle of creating invoices.

The mobile card reader is great too and I use it with my Mpesa to make payments when I'm in Kenya.
In this part of the World where other online payment systems are so inefficient, PayPal is such a life saver.
The shopping cart, the instant payment, the simple click and send, PayPal is simply awesome.

It would take me a whole day to write about the wonderful features of PayPal but it would equally take me the same time to write about cons.

Cons

I think its crazy to have your account limited or locked just because you have changed your IP address or you have changed your location.

PayPal annoys me by thinking that people must use the same device to login to PayPal all their life if they are to continue smoothly running their account.

If you travel to another country or log into your account with another PC, your account can be limited.

I know someone whoose account was locked with $5000 in it. Its been 1years since this happened and PayPal has never resolved the problem.

Yes they restore your account after verification but most of the time it takes them long to restore it yet its a hassle that can be avoided.

What is worse is that I have seen many people complain about this for some time now and PayPal hasn’t done anything about it.

Edwin
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 31/10/2018

Easiest way of online paying and receiving money

Pros

Buyer protection: When buying a product online and a seller sends a wrong/damaged/fake item you can ask Paypal to step in.
Seller protection: When buyers complain about an item that you sold them, while having it accurately described OR when a buyer returns an item but instead of the actual item returns something else Paypal will actually step in and protect the seller. It also protects you against fraud. I would advice to keep evidence of sold goods and for valuable items obtain tracking details.
Paypal has a competitive credit facility through paypal credit. With often several months interest free on purchases.
Paypal loans are excellent for businesses. Especially when running an online business, the fees on especially small loans are incredibly low (especially compared to loan sharks, and even compared to a bank), repayments also work very straight forward.
Sending and receiving money is also dead easy, sending money non commercially to friends and family is done by just filling in the amount and the email address of the receiver and click send. On the receiving end it tends to be there within seconds and you can withdraw it immediately to your bank account. Generally it is even processed the same day (even international transfers)

Cons

There is not a lot I dont like about paypal. Their fees are quite reasonable. The main thing I dislike is probably their foreign currency exchange rate, which is not that great. However you won't be paying too much if anything in fees, especially compared to banks or even money transfer companies like Western Union or Moneygram who can charge quite a bit even on small amounts.

Ahmed

Reviewed on 27/04/2020

Satisfaction guaranteed

My overall experience with PayPal has been amazing. It is the only secure program I can trust while ordering medical supplies for me and my team at the hospital, regardless from what website I may need it from online. I’m able to receive transactions from the whole team to be able to pay for something under one transaction which is very helpful to have, to have everyone to pitch in at the same time. Being able to see the history of my usage is always a good way to help me keep tract of when I bought something.

Pros

PayPal is very easy to use for all ages. It is the most secure program while doing transactions. The security is very high and that relaxes me while using PayPal. If someone logs in from a different place than you normally log on with they raise a flag. Customer services is very helpful when you need them. You are able to shop online without worrying about being scammed regardless of the website. You can receive money from anyone very simply. You are able to even send your money on your account to your linked bank account for free! You can receive money on it without worrying about giving out your personal bank information or any other personal information. It’s very helpful for me in a hospitals to buy the supplies I need online that I can not find around me especially during this pandemic going on currently. It secures your credit card that you use as well. Being able to have your account via smartphone on the PayPal account is very useful.

Cons

I dislike not being able to use my account internationally. If I am going on a mission hospital trip overseas, would be nice to be able to receive money via transfer on my PayPal account and deposit in my bank account as I am able to do in the US. It takes a lot of time to process things at times , if I am waiting for a payment from someone it normally takes days. If You could do it instantly would be way more convenient for us. Even in the US I am not able to use it anywhere I’m wanting to , I find certain deals a lot cheaper on websites but it does not have a PayPal feature.

Lisa

Reviewed on 19/01/2018

It has some minor drawbacks but none are deal breakers.

PayPal has a couple things they may need to tighten up for the businesses using them. Once up and running, Ive not run into any issues or problems. Incoming or outgoing, funds travel as expected within a decent amount of time.

Pros

Using PayPal is easy and consumer friendly. Their help section is also very usable and informative. Payment can be taken from people with or without a PayPal account. The interface is intuitive and easy to navigate. There is also the ability to swipe credit cards in person. The basic device is provided at no charge and works with almost any smartphone. Its portability makes it a must have for businesses that are mobile. Processing of payments is easy for the consumer or whoever is paying you. I haven’t run across a bank that isn’t PayPal friendly. The app is a “light” version of the website, so there are a couple things that aren’t available but it still has a nice phone or tablet interface. Almost any information can be found from within. They are also informative with what's happening with funds with just a glance. Their transaction notifications are also on point.

Cons

The amount of verification required is a bit much, but considering the world today and corporations need to deflect blame when situations arise, they are thorough. I am a non-profit and has a bit of an issue with our status within the system. I got a couple form emails when inquiring but eventually got someone that could direct me. Talking to a person can be an issue but once you’re up and running, things go smooth. For a person to use PayPal and not force the organization they’re paying to incur a fee; the person must have a PayPal account. Many people are shy about putting their banking information permanently online but still use the service. I would like for PayPal to allow me to see my incoming payments comment section without having to click on it even though all other sections appear when printing. I would also like to be able to make my own report with what I need. There are several canned reports that don’t give me everything I want the way I want it, but I work around it. None of these issues are a deal breaker for me.

‪Mohammed

Reviewed on 06/09/2020

paypal review - esshaimi

Pros

Paypal is distinguished in terms of sending and receiving money, as it contributes to facilitating many things first regarding the process of sending money quickly, safely and reliably because before it was difficult to send money from one place to another while you are in your place very quickly, but the Paypal site came and facilitated this task and from Among the advantages of Paypal also is the ease of browsing and using the site so that you can move between all its different sections easily and smoothly without any cramps, and also the Paypal site guarantees you a refund of your money in the event someone swindles you or steals your money and also what I like about the Paypal site is the multiplicity The languages ​​used in it, which contribute to facilitating the process of understanding and dealing with it without problems, in addition to that, the Paypal site is used in most websites, in addition to that, you can buy with your bank card using Paypal in order to ensure that you are not defrauded or your money stolen unlike the purchase By using the bank card directly, because in this case you will not be able to recover your money in the event that you are swindled or your money stolen

Cons

Among the negative aspects of the Paypal site is its relatively high commission for sending money, in addition to that, in many cases, various problems occur during the process of sending money from a Paypal account to another account or through withdrawal to a bank card without mentioning the reason for this. The problem is making it difficult to send money, and when you want to communicate with them in order to solve this problem, there are difficulties in terms of quick communication and quick response, and also among the negative things is that the funds are frozen for a certain period that varies for several reasons, whether it is from one Paypal account to another or in terms of a source of reception Money wasting a lot of time.
In addition to that, the account is sometimes frozen for a period of 180 days, or sometimes they require you to send some commercial documents or the national identity card in order to release the presence on your account