About MoneyMinder

MoneyMinder is a cloud-based accounting solution designed to assist small to large non-profit organizations, sports clubs, scout groups and event planners with bookkeeping, budgeting and reporting. Features include bank reconcilia...

Browse MoneyMinder Reviews

Amy S.

Reviewed on 05/03/2021

Outstanding Customer Service

Our organization was able to quickly work out an annual budget and follow it accordingly. I am easily able to run monthly and quarterly reports and tax filing has been made easy! The customer support is by far the best I have ever experienced with any accounting program and has gone above and beyond in order to make our departmental transitions very seamless.

Pros

It is easy to use and guides first time users in a way that is easily understood.

Cons

None. I am 100% happy.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to MoneyMinder

The price, the ease of use, and the customer service!
Shirley A.

Reviewed on 27/09/2019

Outstanding Product and Customer Service

We transition the role of treasurer every year, so having a tool that is so easy to use and has
such great technical support behind it will make our annual transitions so much smoother and easier.

Pros

It is a very straight forward product that has been easy to set up and use from day one.

Cons

Some of the reports have more columns than I would like and being able to hide those would be great. It’s probably possible but I just haven’t asked how to do it yet.

Thomas L.

Reviewed on 11/08/2019

Bookkeeping/Accounting Dream Come True

This is a great program they have put together. Easy for you to add other Administrators for oversight. I think MM is awesome. The Staff is awesome. Thank You very much for everything Money Minder. Keep up the good work. I know MM will continue to only get better.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to understand and navigate, web based, no software to buy or programs to download. Magnificent Support Service, no complicated phone directory to navigate, pleasant, knowledgeable staff that answer the calls. They are wonderful with email or Phone support for any problems, concerns or questions you have.
I had never done Bookkeeping or Accounting work but they were super patient getting me set up and going.
Once you get set up its amazing too, as one Support person said, "Watch the Magic happen" when it all clicks and you can see what you can do. It all works harmoniously. I was very impressed and continue to be impressed every day. Lots of different reports can be generated as well.
They recently added Bank Integration availability that will make things easier then ever if that's an add on you want.

Cons

I asked them to investigate a way to make the Treasurer Report shorter, not so many lines.
Being used for less than a year so there still is a bit of a learning curve yet.

Top MoneyMinder Alternatives

Ronda C.

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

Review of MoneyMinder Software for HOA

Our overall experience has been awesome ~ MoneyMinder customer service is the best! From entering new budget figures to pulling reports, the ease is outstanding. We have never been left with unanswered questions or unresolved issues. It is so great to have our HOA in good hands when it comes to our bookkeeping software giving us confidence going forward.

Pros

Our HOA used a different accounting software for several years. There was always a question of budget status, dues receipts and monthly financial reports giving us a true picture of how we were doing. With MoneyMinder, the reports are easily pulled and show us exactly what is needed to ensure we make decisions in the best interest of our HOA. If any of our residents ask for an accounting, we now give the information with confidence it is correct.

Cons

There isn't anything we like "least" about the software. The one improvement we are hoping for is the ability to print our invoices so they can be mailed. We do not use the "email" system that MoneyMinder is set up for. A workaround has been to have a MoneyMinder rep prepare a PDF file and email to us so we can print and mail. It if wasn't for such great customer service, we would have to prepare and print each invoice separately.

Response from NonProfitCentral

UPDATE (1/24/20): You can now bulk download and print statements! Let us know if you need help with this new ability.

Thank you for your compliment about our customer support. We take pride in offering personal, friendly, helpful assistance and solutions. Since we have all held a volunteer position here at MoneyMinder we know all too well how useful that can be. We feel that free customer service enables every group to be successful and confident in their MoneyMinder reports which translates into transparency and peace of mind for their members.

Replied 24/01/2020
Steven W.

Reviewed on 21/03/2018

Great Program. This has vaulted our PTA into different universe of bookkeeping.

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use and the ability to have multiple people able to log in with different permissions. Keeping our records straight, being able to upload supporting documents and an easy way to reconcile each month has helped our PTA become more efficient. What used to take one person a full day to do in excel, now only takes a few minutes, multiple times a month and reconciliation takes a fraction of the time.

Cons

When pulling the Treasurer Report it would be nice if it defaulted to the current month instead of the end of the year each time. One other thing that would have helped our PTA is having one more level on the budget. If we would be able to add a itemized level to the sub category, that would roll up on reports we would be able to show the main points to our general membership, but use the itemization for future budgeting purposes.

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

I Love Money Minder

It's a great company with great people who care about their customers .

Pros

It's a simple yet powerful program. MoneyMinder gets the job done effectively and efficiently. Very user friendly.

Cons

I've been using Money Minder for three years and I honestly can't think of a single thing that I don't like about the software.

Madeleine W.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

I had an awesome experience.

Learned some great new tools

Pros

I enjoyed every thing about this software right down to the login screen and the time it took to install it.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like was the cost. I wish they offered the program for free, then more people would use it.

Emily C.

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

Worth its weight in gold

I have only been working with this program for a few months, but I have had a phenomenal experience. They are so helpful and easy to work with. Any time I have a question, they are ready to help. They make it easy for me to understand the answers to my questions and they make sure my problem is resolved every time. Amazing product, especially for small organizations like ours that are volunteer-based.

Pros

The customer service! MoneyMinder's representative are kind, responsive, and go above and beyond every time.

Cons

There are a few minor things that I would change, most of which are personal preference issues.

Elizabeth B.

Reviewed on 06/02/2019

Easy to use and very readable reports

Pros

MoneyMinder is really easy to use. It's also really easy to customize reports to fit your organization's needs

Cons

I can't really think of any negatives! Great program!

Paul B.
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

Perfect for the volunteer treasurer

As mentioned in the Pros section, this software has allowed me to access the program wherever I am. As a volunteer, it is very helpful to be able to work on my treasurer responsibilities during my regular job's lunch hour. This has been a great upgrade from our old desktop software. Thanks MM

Pros

This software is very easy to learn and use. It is web based, so it can be accessed anywhere. For volunteers, it may be at work, at home or anywhere else. In addition, it allows multiple users, which offers transparency to the organization. With the other software that we were using, it was only on my laptop at home. Lastly, this software seems to have been developed with the part time volunteer in mind. It has all of the features, but not all the other items that a full business would need. All in all, I am glad we upgraded.

Cons

The main downside to the software was the migration of prior year's data into it. Although I have to say that the MoneyMinder team helped me through it.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Glad MoneyMinder is working well for you! We understand the extra work in setting up new financial years each year. We're in the process of making that more seamless!

Jenny S.

Reviewed on 28/04/2020

Amazing Customer Service

Pros

When I needed help they responded immediately and helped right away. Problem solved!

Cons

I haven’t found any complaints great company!

Shelley B.
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 22/03/2018

The software was very easy to use and quick to set up accounts. Software support has been...

Simplifies my volunteer role as treasurer. Software is quick and efficient and I don't have to worry about it backing up our files. MoneyMinder does it for you.

Pros

Ease of use. It's simple to use and will be easy to pass on to future volunteer treasurers. There are many options for reporting account activity which is very useful. The support is great as well. Any questions that have arised have been answered within hours by their support team.

Cons

No cons. It's all been very positive. As the treasurer I've been very pleased with every aspect of this software. It's easy to set up and easy to use.

Thomas L.
  • Industry: Internet
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 04/05/2018

Nice and simple, just what I need

Pros

The interface is very simple and I find it very easy to add and manage my finances, the reporting is also very useful.

Cons

The look and feel could do with a little update, aesthetically feels a little outdated but doesn't detract from the functionality.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Thanks Thomas! You'll be happy to know that an updated version of MoneyMinder will be released later this year. The basics are the same. We¿ve just made things easier. And given the software a nice facelift.

Replied 07/05/2018
Tiffany J.

Reviewed on 20/07/2020

Becoming a Treasurer Can be Daunting?

Priceless.

Pros

When I stepped into the treasurer role for our PTA, I had zero experience and no one directly to turn to for assistance with what this role entailed. MoneyMinder's support is absolutely amazing. They check your budget for you and call if they would like to make any suggestions. They will copy over your previous years transactions for tax purposes. When I had contacted quickbooks about accessing our old account for tax purposes it took far longer than any exchanges I had with money minder and they were unable to locate our old account. They have also been available for tips on how to build a COVID-19 based budget for the upcoming school year. The platform is user friendly and the reports have everything I need to manage our finances. I could have not asked for a better experience. Their service is priceless.

Cons

I cannot think of anything. I've only had a great experience.

Stanley L.

Reviewed on 17/08/2021

Great customer service

Pros

The software itself was straight forward and easy to use.
I ran into a lot of trouble with reconciling Money Minder. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] went above and beyond to help me get it figured out.
She dis an absolutely phenomenal job!!

Cons

Nothing specific about the software was negative.

Lori K.

Reviewed on 02/05/2021

Love this Company... Love the Staff!

First, bookkeeping is so not my thing; but I took over from a previous Treasurer who had been doing the 'job' for many, many years... no records to speak of about anything.
Just a nightmare.

The folks at MoneyMinder helped me figure out what information to capture; build a spreadsheet with contact info, etc. and got us on track going forward.

I can't say enough about how patient, kind and with such good humor they helped me bring sanity out of chaos. Will be forever grateful for their help. Was able to address my Board and my Community with truly accurate information in very short order. Not only made me look good, but more than competent.

Pros

It is tailored to an HOA or POA like ours without a great upfront investment.

Able to easily enter and extract information from the system.

Had TOTAL support in setting up the system from a spreadsheet I provided, plus some limited customization.

Cons

For the price, it is the best.
With our budget, this is the best of the best.

More importantly, the customer service is phenomenal.
These folks are available pretty much all the time, and immediately get back to me.
I know them, and they know me.
Love everyone of them!

Cherie B.

Reviewed on 06/08/2021

Outstanding Customer Service

Before, we were simply using a spreadsheet to track our budget and expenses. One wrong formula, and OOPS!!

MoneyMinder makes it all easy, intuitive, and versatile. DON'T GO ANYWHERE ELSE!

Pros

Extremely helpful and personal customer service. It is always frightening starting out with new software. "Looks great, until you buy it. Then you are doomed to figure it all out on your own." NOT SO WITH MONEYMINDER!! Have a question? CALL THEM! They reply, walk you through, and make sure you understand. They will even work through errors caused by YOUR OWN MISTAKES!

EASY TO USE, too!!

Cons

The ONLY feature I don't like is the graphic interface of the budget tool. I find the way the indentations of categories, subcategories, etc. to be really hard to read. I keep going back to try to figure out the hierarchy of the accounts.

Reggie G.

Reviewed on 19/08/2021

Best Non-Profit Software I could find

Tracking members and billing is as easy as it gets.

Pros

Ease of use and support. It really does everything I had hoped it would do.

Cons

Nothing so far. I did have a little trouble with formating the Quick Books download but once that was accomplished the transition was easy.

Cynthia L.

Reviewed on 31/01/2019

Awesome Financial Software for PTOs!!!

MoneyMinder is a game changer. Great tools, awesome support. Using this software would give any treasurer the confidence to operate a successful PTO.

Pros

This is an amazingly easy-to-use software that has allowed me as treasurer to keep up with the growing rate of business under which our PTO now operates. Previously, our PTO used an excel spreadsheet to record transactions and track budget. As the PTO grew last year, I stated they would need to pay for budgeting software or pay for my counseling. The decision to use MoneyMinder as that software was the single best decision we made to keep our organization financially functional, professional, and transparent.

MoneyMinder allows your check register, budget, contacts, donation statements, and reporting tools to work harmoniously. Transactions are easily entered, linked to the budget (and, if applicable, donor), and reconciled. Reports can be generated to present at meetings, aid with tax filings, and track financial information across the years.

Viewer access, if granted, allows other members of the organization to see current financial information and create reports.

MoneyMinder's customer service is some of the best I have ever experienced. During our trial period, the staff at MoneyMinder took our awkward spreadsheet and translated it into an ingenious budget. Since then, whenever I need assistance, I know I can call and someone from MoneyMinder will answer on the first ring. I'm not saying they have to answer on the first ring every time, but if it takes two rings, they are only human, right? Right?!

Cons

This software can't make your coffee.

And although MoneyMinder can create 19 different kinds of reports, I would like to see a report with a pie chart.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Thanks for the great suggestion! We'll see if we can't get MoneyMinder to make coffee and pie. Our developers like a good challenge.

Seriously, we'll work on the pie chart suggestion. :)

Jennifer G.

Reviewed on 31/01/2019

MoneyMinder provides structure to our PTO

The staff at MoneyMinder is excellent. Any questions that I've had were answered immediately! I am so grateful for their willingness to walk me through the budgeting software when it was new to me. I have a tendency not to dig in past the first functions when I am learning something. With their help, I use MoneyMinder way more effectively, especially in preparation for our budget meeting.

The other major benefit is the transparency that MoneyMinder offers. I feel more confident with the ability to allow everyone on the PTO Board, and within our PTO community, to see our account status. It makes conversations more informed and protects us as an organization.

Pros

I like the organized, user-friendly nature of MoneyMinder. We used spreadsheets to record our financial information before MoneyMinder and we did not understand what we were missing. The MoneyMinder system keeps track of our account information, but it is also multifaceted and flexible. We are able to generate the reports that we need to answer any question that is asked. I also love that the software is so easy to learn! We've had a new Treasurer both this year and last year. It was very easy to train them, especially with MoneyMinders help. MoneyMinder has really helped us with continuity of information through these PTO Board changes.

Cons

A search by word function would be helpful.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Thanks for your kind words and suggestion! We're super happy MoneyMinder is working well for you.

Did you know that you can search for anything using your browser? For example, you can use the browser's "find" feature to easily look for a date, name, word, dollar amount, etc. Including that in our software would be a little redundant. Since browsers handle that well, we like to leave it to them! Let us know if you need help doing that.

Replied 08/02/2019
Christina K.

Reviewed on 06/10/2019

Fantastic for volunteers

Superb! Makes keeping our nonprofit books really easy to manage.

Pros

The Customer Service Reps on the phone are real world, super helpful people. Most I've talked to have similar experience as our organization and truly understand every single challenge or question I've ever had. They are patient, non-judgemental, and very reasonable with the solutions they provide.

Cons

Sometimes the PayPal download feature doesn't entirely translate data well.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Thanks for your kind words Christina. We're glad you're enjoying MoneyMinder and that our customer support team has been helpful.

It sounds like you've had some hiccups with PayPal. Did you know that when you update to the newest version of MoneyMinder that PayPal integration is SUPER easy? It's a direct import, as opposed to downloading reports & then uploading them into MoneyMinder. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Let me know if you want a hand (or moral support) updating your account.

Replied 10/10/2019
Leslie W.

Reviewed on 21/03/2018

I have never had a problem with MoneyMinder in the 4 years that I have used it.

Whenever I call the company or email, I get a response very quickly and they are always so helpful and kind.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use and provides different reports. It is not difficult to enter the information you need for your organization. It is easy to make a correction if needed. With this program, it is easy to reconcile your bank statement. Wonderful to upload your budget for the year and again, easy to change as the year proceeds. I have recommended this program to numerous PTAs. I feel one of the biggest pros to this program is that you may retrieve information from past fiscal years. If you need to remember something, it is right at your fingertips. That helps make for an easy transition, when new officers are taking over the treasurer's job. I like that you can access the information from any computer as long as you have your information to log in. This is the easiest program to use with a low cost for all that it can do and produce!!

Cons

I haven't found anything on the program that I do not like in the many years that I have been treasurer for PTAs.

Robert H.

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

TAC review

great. people are friendly and the software is great for a small non-profit.

Pros

the reports section is easy to customize.

Cons

the check book, always have to go to the bottom for the current one.

Response from NonProfitCentral

Thanks for the kind review Robert.

Did you know that if you click on the little triangle by the date (in the check register) it will reverse the date range so your recent transactions are at the top? That will eliminate that scrolling issue.

Hope that makes things easier!

Danielle M.

Reviewed on 12/02/2020

PTA user

Money minder’s customer service is top notch! Whenever you call you get a live person. That is very rare these days. I enjoy the software and the programs and it has been very easy to keep track of our PTA expenses with this program.

Pros

Very user friendly. Since the new update it’s more efficient.

Cons

Nothing really. It’s a great tool for our PTA.

Jennifer B.

Reviewed on 28/08/2019

Easy to use for Non-profit PTO

Pros

Our PTO has been using Money Minder for several years now, and we find it very easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes we have to really pay attention to the totals depending on what report we are using to make sure that we are reading the accurate amount.