About Flock

Flock is a cloud-based tool that facilitates team communication. It is suitable for businesses of all sizes across a variety of industries and offers video and audio calling, screen sharing, text chat, integration with other...

Browse Flock Reviews

Carsten
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 03/11/2018

The best Slack alternative, and I prefer it over Slack

Exceptional. While I'm not a huge believer in the importance of these chat products vs. those of the past, of the ones in the market today, Flock is my preferred chat tool. I've used Slack, Flock, Glip, and others. This one is easy to use, adds more features than Slack, and is far more stable and quality than Glip.

Pros

I never understood the hype around Slack. Marketed as an "e-mail killer," we all know that's true. There are still so many things it cannot do that email can do. Not to mention, it's just another internal chat tool. In fact, the only core differences between Slack and your typical enterprise grade chat client are silly emojis and power user abilities that 99% of your employees don't know how to use, and won't use. Flock, while generally speaking works the same way, at least adds some productivity concepts in the app. For example, in different channels and private chats, I can have working to-do lists with assignments and due dates. I can pin documents and files in a conversation or channel that are relevant to the conversation. Also, for some reason, things just feel cleaner in Flock. My entire team was confused why we switched at first, but those types of features were my reasons. And now they love it, no going back.

Cons

Not as many integrations as Slack. But not a deal breaker. Almost all the tools we use integrate.

Jovana
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 31/12/2019

Make Your Flock Communicate With Ease

When compared with the competition, particularly Slack, it is better in many aspects. It is visually more appealing and communication is more transparent. It is also an easy to use tool and a recommendable alternative to Slack.

Pros

I love the clean and appealing user interface so much! I always troubled with communication tools that are super functional but the UI somehow creates clutterish feeling -- you are getting lost in all the exchange, you miss important info in a chat that seems to suddenly disappear. Flock

Cons

Maybe some less taxing ideas about notification. Sending an email following a missed message is crowding my inbox. But overall, I can't think of any serious dislikes.

• Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 11/09/2018

Just Telegram or Whatsapp with some integrations!

Flock is really good, I recommend it to small IT or ITes company as most of the apps made available for keeping developers and programmers in mind. Whereas for rest it's better to use Telegram with IFTTT and Zapier or Try Workplace by Fb and MS Teams then switching from Slack to Flock.

But those who're already using Slack, Flock is like Bullock cart Vs Bently (Slack) and sooner or later either you'll upgrade to Slack or Workplace by Facebook or Teams by MicroSoft.

Pros

- Easy to use
- Affordable then Slack but not anymore after entry of Workplace by Fb and MS Teams (as they're almost free)
- Best in class Support and they're always there to assist you

Cons

- A complete dearth of apps and integrations, NOT EVEN the 100 essential apps (by Slack) and must have Integrations are available on Flock, literally you'll regret and repent if you're switching from Slack. As just 54 App integrations are available that too without full functionality.
- You can search a file but couldn't click or access it.
- A Big NO for Media or Marketing Company as it may take years for you to find the image your teammate posted just 3 months back.
- Slowest, let me repeat slowest app development I've ever seen in my life so far. No need to feature requests or app integration suggestions

Top Flock Alternatives

Reviewed on 12/11/2022

Management project solution

It's perfect for small teams and projects

Pros

For the planning and management of flows, I chose Flock. for its many features such as teamwork for example. the interface is very simple and it adapts to the mobile.

Cons

It is limited in terms of functionality. but it's still okay

Twist

Twist
Lindsay
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 25/03/2020

Great for multi users

Simple install, seamless to use and very helpful when working with a large office. It's great for productivity opposed constantly having to physically gather to share information.

Pros

This is very easy to use and great for multiple users!

Cons

I'd love to use it as a multiuser for loved ones if there were a free version.

Brooke

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

Not so bad

My company enjoys the ease of using Flock to communicate between our different buildings at work and between different departments for an easy and fast response to questions or issues

Pros

I like that you can share different things via flock like google docs, codes, etc.

Cons

You have to pay extra for them to save your messages-- frequently we lose past messages because they disappear after so long

Eva
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 05/11/2019

Flock

We use it for interoffice communication so we don't always have to get up and go find a person. We message each other and some of have it on our phones as well so we are able to see our messages when we are away from the computer. It makes things easier and a lot more convenient.

Pros

It is easy to use, you can share files.

Cons

i don't know

Kendra
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

Flock Review

Pros

I like that it is simple to understand and use. I also like that you can make groups and have private groups.

Cons

I don’t like the notification process, the email is a little much to remind me that I missed a message.

Slack and Google Meet

Reasons for Choosing Flock

This one was similar and easier to use for a large group

Slack

Reasons for Switching to Flock

Those were more complicated.

Reviewed on 01/11/2022

Great for our Small Business

Pros

We have a small team and Flock makes it very easy for us to all communicate individually or in groups

Cons

Wish there was more admin controls like being able to see private groups

Reviewed on 25/10/2022

Simple chatting software

Pros

Clean UI similar to other chatting softwares

Cons

Search is difficult, pinned items are difficult to find

Judith

Wonderful Product

This has been a real saving time saving issue because I can

Pros

This software replaced a cheap messaging program we used internally. It allows us to communicate desk to desk without having to leave an office which now that Covid is limiting mobility, this works well. I am able to select a couple of computers that are support staff and create a team message so I don't have to repeat the message to them separately. Something I just discovered is that this is a cloud based software so while I was out of the office I could still use my Flock program to communicate with the office because I had it loaded on a PC in my remote location and I had internet access. This saved me from having to VPN to the office to access my desktop Flock icon. I like that emoji's were added so text can have some feelings. I can reply to a specific post or I can generate a new reply. And there is so much more that is available in this software that we haven't used yet.

Cons

I would like to be able to have distinctive sounds assigned to specific computers so that when a message comes from a particular computer, there is a recognizable sound that I've assigned to that computer and I know then who it is from. The program minimizes and if I'm interviewing a tax client, I don't want to break the interview to review the message if I suspect it isn't immediately important.

• Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

Small office use

Flock is one of the better programs for small offices. The ability to create groups with fellow workers helps to speed up the process of cooperation. Pinned Chats are great as they help you keep the most active members of your team in a spot where you don't have to look for them.
The To Do list is very helpful especially since I've learned how to use the "to do bot". Files are kept very organized and are helpful when needing to grab something from a few weeks ago.

Pros

Ease of use - the interface is very simple to use. Any person on any level of Tech knowledge can use this.
Clean UI - The User Interface (UI) is laid out to where you learn where items are real quick. You have Pinned Chats, Open Chats and can search your most recent chats with no problem. There is a directory of users who are in your team. I also use the To Do Bot a ton. Using that automation bot to keep up with task and things that need to be done are worth the time reading the F.A.Q.'s.

Cons

Every time it's installed on a PC you have to have a specific code to key in. This can be tiresome or a time waste when installing on 30+ machines. Should just allow you do add people from an Admin panel and they not have to enter a code.

Darina
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 14/01/2022

Online managementtool for engineers

Lack of managment options on older apps, like Skype, made us forced to search for a new app for communication.

Flock poped up on google play store, so we tried it out. Avaible on both play store and apple store, we quickly reached our objective. Everyone in our firm uses it now.

Pros

Since the world is in hard situation, we rely on online communication for task managing within our firm. Flock is great program for that.

Not only is there basic online chatting, but the program also has options for task assigment. This means, we are able to directly distribute the work, without need of worry of someone forgetting their work, since its always written there.

We use github, google disk and drop box at our firm. This program is able to co-work with them, which makes it usage that much easier for us.

The amount of space avaible, 5 GB per team on free trail, is greatly appreciated. Naturally, 20 gb per team for purchased program is more than enough for normal firm usage. For just 4,50 a month, you have 3 apps in one: online communication, cloud storage, task managment.

Avaible in both google play store and apple store makes it convenient for our diverse use of software.

Cons

Lack of profile costumization options.

Lewis
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 25/03/2020

Flock is awesome. All you hear about is Slack Slack Slack. Flock is way better bang for your...

Pros

It's very cost effective, the features are great, UI is easy and intuitive, and it's a no brainer in these times of increased remote work due to Coronavirus.

Cons

screenshare would be good. I would like if that was a feature.

Slack

Reasons for Switching to Flock

Better bang for buck
Sonalisa

Reviewed on 04/12/2020

Convenient and improving product!

Flock is a nice and easy-going communication platform and has made our lives easy in corporate communication and mostly during this remote working phase. Keep improving and bringing in new and cool features.

Pros

1. Easy to understand and operate
2. 'Read by' feature helps a lot.
3. The distinguishing red mark on mentions is a great experience.
4. The variety of stickers and emojis are great.

Cons

1. The DND feature can be better.
2. The reaction emojis can be more (please add more relevant ones like - facepalm, a simple smile, etc)
3. Provide notification tone changes in the app version of it.
4. The recent chants are lost whenever one makes a hard refresh. Please retrieve the chats back.
5. The search feature can be made efficient (add date-wise search and improve the current search)
6. When a file is pinned, please have a method to show the message on the chat as well.

Emily

Reviewed on 26/12/2018

Keeping in contact with your team

Flock is definitely a great addition to any work environment where constant team communication is a must, the software is full of many wonderful features and addons to help make your work experience that much smoother.

Pros

Flock is like many chatting software , but it adds way more than most. It's very easy to use and eliminates the need to walk over to a coworkers desk or having to wait for them to reply to your email. Its made in office communication extremely easy in my place of work. Flock also incorporates many apps that you can have link to it to help with work tasks such as their to do list.

Cons

I'm constantly having to restart Flock, because of all their constant updates. There was this glitch I was having for awhile where I would lose my previously pinned conversations and they would just disappear til the person messaged me again on that same stream. Other than that my only con is that when using the free version they remove access to past conversations from 2 months ago.

Mania

Reviewed on 09/06/2018

Flock is a great tool for communication for a big team.

Pros

If you are familiar with Google Hangouts then the interface for this program will look very familiar on the mobile app. For basic functions such as communicating with a team or an individual team member, this app is nearly flawless. However, the app offers more such as polls and sending files. You can have different categories of discussion which makes the app organized.

Cons

The main issue I had with the app was sometimes it failed to notify me of new messages. Also, although the app offers many different features they are a bit difficult to use. For example, for making a poll I had to look around on Google how to do so because I couldn't figure it out on my own, and I consider myself a tech-savvy person.

Yorick

Reviewed on 28/02/2018

I have been working for the company that created flock and i have seen it change over time.

The best benefit of this product is that when we create a chat group, there is an email id that gets created to use for that group. This is something that really benefits in working efficiently.

Pros

That i can find anybody in my company with their designation and team and extention number right in the head profile itself. Very few chat engines actually have the designation mentioned in them.

Cons

Hate that they have too many updates, like every 3-4 days i have to restart the platform. Also they don't have a archive feature where i can remove conversations that i don't need.

Azeem

Reviewed on 09/09/2017

We were using flock for the last two three years and it is awsome.

Pros

Flock is more a collaboration tool.The main advantages of using it are,
1)Flock is a simple platform.The simplicity makes the flock more usable.
2)Can create multiple teams.
3)Can create channels for projects.
4)File sharing.
5)Can create apps
6)Multi platform because of the web platform and the browser extensions.

Cons

The video chat and conferencing needs to be improved.It will be better if you can create your own platform to do the conferencing.It will be better you provide the native app for Linux.

Sandra
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 03/04/2020

Mostly great

Overall I like the features available and think there is plenty of different tools and features that are helpful for teams.

Pros

Being able to search through posts is EXTREMELY helpful. I don't really understand why this isn't a standard feature in other team messaging apps

Cons

Polls limit you to select an expiry time from a pre-selected menu of 1 hr, 2 hrs, 3 hrs, etc. That makes it difficult when it's 8:18am and you want it to end at 5pm. You have to either select 418pm, or 518pm. Not useful.

Aniecia
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 14/07/2022

Flock Can Work For Your Team

Overall, not a bad experience. Flock is still being used daily on our team.

Pros

My most preferred feature was the Real Tine Chat and file sharing option. While there are other softwares out there that offer these same features, Flock was easy for most team members to deploy and use. Very little hassle and it was not unnecessarily complicated.

Cons

For MAC users that primarily use Safari as their main browser, Flock didn’t work as well. So we had to resort to downloading Google Chrome to facilitate use. Additionally, there was no voice message feature available in most chats which limited our ability to respond timely to queries that may require an explanation.
Workaround was the call or video conference feature.

Salim
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 14/02/2018

I have been Flock since the past 3.5 years .Its a great software to communicate for work...

Fast .
Simple to use.
Free .

Pros

The software give you a Drawer options which saves the files in particular conversation.
Its fast and whenever i miss a message or i am offline i get a mail notification at the end of day , so that i dont miss on important messages.
Its simple to use both on mobile and pc.

Cons

It just has one problem , there are to many updates for it . That irritates a bit sometimes . Apart from this its Flawless

Rohit

Reviewed on 04/12/2020

Surprised by ease of usage and intuitiveness of UX

Would happily use it.

Pros

Ease of usage and dependability. Availability across Android, iOS, and Windows.

Cons

Search and other apps. Apps are not dependable and UX also not favourable. 3rd party apps and integrations are non-existent.

Renee
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 01/12/2020

Why we use Flock

Pros

We love the ability to chat/group chat, upload links and share notes with each other. Our company is spread out over a few states, so to have the ability to chat with everyone is very important to us.

Cons

For us, there are no cons to the product. It does everything we need and more.

• Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 02/07/2018

Flock is very easy to use. This app has been helping us grow as a company for the past 3 years.

It helped my company to grow by allowing us to communicate easily.

Pros

I like it's very user-friendly interface. The app is very straightforward when it comes to its features.

Cons

What I like least about this app is that the admins cannot change the team members' information. Having to change the members' details will requires complicated steps. I hope we can give more power to the admins.