About Inquisiq

Inquisiq is the LMS of choice for millions of users globally, who rely on us to help them deploy, manage, and track education programs to their employees, members, customers, partners and volunteers. With Inquisiq, you have...

Browse Inquisiq Reviews

B.j. S.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 22/07/2015

Big fan of Inquisiq!

Pros

I love the simplicity of Inquisiq, it is without a doubt one of my favorite LMS platforms. The user interface is intuitive and easy for new users to understand, so I never had to train them on how to use it. Inquisiq has all of the main features of all standard LMSs without the extra headaches or over-complications. Definitely check it out if you're looking for an easy-to-set-up LMS with great support. Another perk is that the cost was very reasonable compared to other LMSs on the market, which is fantastic. Highly recommended!

Cons

No complaints, the Inquisiq team always went above and beyond to help me out. They are patient and always provided rock solid support.

B.j. S.

Reviewed on 22/12/2010

Wonderful LMS, great value...

I highly recommend Inquisiq. Get a demo and discuss your needs with their team. I hope you're as pleased as I am!

Pros

Inquisiq is an excellent LMS, and it also happens to be super-reasonable when it comes to price. I always receive fantastic customer support from ICS, and I've become a raving fan based on my experience. Give them a shot - you won't be disappointed.

Cons

One of the cons may also be a pro: Inquisiq is a fairly simple LMS. There aren't any unnecessary features or functionality that many LMS companies try to jam into their product. Inquisiq manages training well, and it doesn't try to impersonate any other HR systems.

Nikki K.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 07/12/2018

Excellent LMS

Pros

The product is really user friendly, has a ton of adaptability and customer service has been great!

Cons

Sometimes have to dig for help answers.

Top Inquisiq Alternatives

Rob P.

Reviewed on 29/04/2013

Inquisiq R3 Satisfied Customer

I have not hesitation in recommending Inquisiq R3 for someone who wants a pure LMS. Remember, though, that it is not a content development system and it doesn't pretend to be one.

Pros

I spent months looking at learning management systems in detail before I selected one. Inquisiq R3 proved to be versatile, highly customizable and easy to use. I am glad I got it. Customer support is great.

Cons

The user manuals are not as well organized as I would have liked, but customer support makes up for that.

Douglas D.

Reviewed on 06/11/2012

The tricky trifecta of rock-solid software development, knowledgeable/fast service, and great...

If you're looking for a well-priced, easy-to-implement, powerful LMS with built in e-commerce support... look no further, I won't ever again.

Pros

My company has been utilizing the SaaS implementation of InquisiqR3 and I can honestly say that it is the closest thing I've seen to a perfect LMS. The UI makes jumping in head first a breeze on both the back end and front end, it is feature rich without being bloated, it has an API for us developers, the actual software seems to have been thoroughly bug-tested, the customer service is unlike anything I've seen with any company period, not just LMS companies, and the pricing structure is great. They even offer a one-time license fee that breaks outside the pay-per-user/SaaS model that is very affordable for such a great LMS...could probably keep going, but these are the highlights.

Cons

The only cons I could point to would be the maximum file upload size was only 200mb when we first purchased and this cause a few issues. However, given the great customer service, ICS was all over helping get through these issues and even modified the software based upon our needs. More documentation on the reporting would also be helpful, but I hear they're all over this as well.

Mario V.

Reviewed on 07/12/2010

Outstanding Tool, Outstanding Customer Support

After several years working with ICS Learning and now several months on the R3 flatform, I can't imagine that we would ever consider using another product or support vendor for our LMS needs. With over 5,000 users - reliability and robust funtionailty is imperative - so before switching to R3 visited the ICS Learning Group personally to meet the team - the trust factor only went up.

Oustanding tool - Outstanding company.

Pros

The intuitve design of the administrative back end is what has truly won me over to the R3 verision of Inquisic. Coupled with the fantastic support offered by the people at ICS Learning Group - our company LMS needs are one of the few things that we simply don't worry about.

Cons

No appreciative cons to the product, particularly when compared with other available systems.

Michael S.

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

Asentia as our first LMS

Pros

The software was easy to set up and navigate. As the first LMS in my organization there have been very few user issues.

Cons

The system is pretty intuitive and easy to navigate. I would say the only issue is the number of steps to upload and launch a course.

April S.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Great, affordable and modern LMS

Pros

I like the variety of features, I like the ease of use and intuitive design, and I am excited to see where we can take this site in our corporate learning environment.

Cons

I can't say that I have found anything found anything bad about Asentia.

Corey B.

Reviewed on 30/01/2019

Asentia is a feature-rich LMS with a great support team at a competitive price

One of our largest customers was looking to move from a large, established LMS that wasn't meeting their needs to one that more closely aligned with their needs and budget. From the initial phone call through the implementation process, the Asentia team was helpful, transparent and truthful about what the system did or did not due, and provided creative suggestions for some of our customer's unique business needs. The features that Asentia has rolled out over the last few years have been valuable additions that have saved our customers time and costs.

Pros

From implementation to on-going support, our customers rave about the LMS. After using several other LMS over the years, it was a great experience to finally work with one that delivers exactly what it says it does. The Asentia team continues to roll out new features and product improvements that save our customers significant time and further meet their needs. The migration from the previous LMS to Asentia was a smooth process and the Asentia team provided great support. One of the smoothest implementations I've seen. The ongoing service and support and the way Asentia incorporates customer feature requests into new builds is impressive.

Cons

Nothing. It's met our expectations and new features are continually being added.

Reviewed on 26/04/2019

Inquisiq Software for Certificate Program

It's been up and down. Customer support used to be not extremely helpful with the support team and was seemed very pointed toward blaming the user. It seems to be improving with support that actually supports and helps fix the problem. Some of the required upgrades have had flaws that were released, like the password reset mentioned above, that should have been vetted more thoroughly before release.

Pros

I like that I can make any user a reporter over a very specific group of students and they can see the status of their particular group without asking for help.

Cons

I have lost student data in the past that was not backed up by ICS, and I could not back it up myself. A password reset that was mis-programmed wiped out half of many student profiles during approximately 6 months before we discovered it, following the software release in 2017. ICS knew about it and did not tell us, so we continued to lose data that could have been stopped by turning off the password reset. We lost addresses, phone numbers, graduate status, and history about these students.

Corey B.

Reviewed on 02/05/2017

Asentia is a pleasure to use. Easy implementation, intuitive, feature-rich, and cost-competitiv...

Asentia provided easy implementation and data migration, a full range of features, and ease of use for administrators and learners. The Asentia team has been highly responsive and helpful during and after the implementation process.

Pros

Asentia is extremely easy to implement and can be highly customized. Asentia has a robust feature sets that offer a very high degree of flexibility in how courses can be created, delivered, and tracked. The service and responsiveness during and after the implementation process has been first rate. The Asentia staff are responsive, customer-focused, and offer solutions and best practices whenever needed. Our learners have been very positive about the change to Asentia and the number of support calls and emails has decreased. Asentia is a great value. Moving to Asentia for one of our larger customers saved them a ton a year over their previous LMS and provided more features. Asentia was the only LMS we looked at that set us up with a fully functioning demo site and allowed us to do as much testing as we wanted. This allowed us to make sure Asentia did what it claimed. It did and then some.

Cons

A few times we thought of features that would be "nice to have" based on specific use cases. Most of these features have been released in updates over the past year while others are on the development road map.

Pat H.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Great LMS.

It's been a great relationship so far. The system works well, and their support is great. They are very patient, putting up with me ranting until I realized it was my fault all along.

Pros

It's pretty easy to use, stable, and configurable enough to make it look like an in-house system. We use the SaaS model, and the pricing is pretty decent. Initial setup was pretty easy, and upgrades have been mostly painless.

Cons

The API was a little weak. We needed it to pass activity data to our back end systems, and only discovered, after cut-over, that all it really could do was manipulate user profile data. They told us that what we needed we could do with a report subscription, which would have been cludgy. During the delay dealing with this, we lost the window of opportunity. It really wasn't a show stopper, since we didn't have integration on the previous LMS.

Dave K.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Asentia review

Asentia has allowed us to consolidate all our training. We have all our eLearning courses, videos, job aids, and assessments all in one place. Based on job tiles and location we can setup training automatically for each user. No more manually identifying courses that each user needs to complete. My Managers love it as they can track their employees training.

Pros

This is a great tool to organize and track all your training. It is great for automatic re-occurring training, and specific user training.

Cons

When we first implemented Asentia there was no content library. They have since added Open Sesame which is awesome for outside content.

Chris T.

Reviewed on 22/12/2015

Easy to use, easy to set up, cost-effective, & scalable.

We were looking for a cost-effective, scalable LMS to upload thousands of users from over 100 locations with various levels of a matrix organizational structure. Inquisiq was that solution.

PROS: Easy to set up and use from an admin perspective if you have basic knowledge of LMSs and SCORM packages. User uploads are simple. Reporting is decent once you get the hang of it. Customer support is very responsive.

CONS: Some reporting is time restricted. Gamification must lie inside your courses - there aren't a lot of options built into the LMS.

Overall, Inquisiq is a great solution. It's not overly bloated like many LMSs, and you're not paying for options that you wouldn't use anyway. It's not a content creation solution, so you must be able to build your own content. I'd recommend Inquisiq to anyone that's looking for an easy solution that can be set up quickly and scaled up very simply.

Jennifer S.

Reviewed on 20/02/2018

Reviewed on 24/01/2019

Great product!

Pros

Asentia is a very user friendly product, both from an implementation and an end user perspective. I like how easily customizable and professional it looks as well.

Cons

We've only been working with the product for six months or so. So far, no dislikes!

David H.

Reviewed on 22/11/2010

InquisiqR3 is a world-class LMS product which is designed, built, and supported in the USA.

D. Hughes & Co. has been extremely happy with InquisiqR3 since terminating our license with Adobe ConenctPro. InquisiqR3 should be your first choice.

Pros

Stable SCORM implementation. Superior logical design and physical system implementation. Intuitive interface. Very high value for every fee dollar. Contract clear, easy, straight forward, with no long-term commitment. Vastly superior to Adobe ConnectPro in every category. Attentive and highly competent American technical support.

Cons

D. Hughes & Co. has neither a complaint nor a significant criticism of InquisiqR3.

Regina S.

Reviewed on 06/03/2018

A reliable LMS with great features built by a compassionate team

We love Inquisiq and we love ICS Learning Group!

Pros

Inquisiq has allowed us to implement our learning structure, and it has offered several different ways to do so. There seems to be many different ways to set up the system to meet our needs. The interface is user-friendly and very attractive. We especially like the mobile responsiveness in the latest version of the software! The support team is fast and helpful in addressing any questions or concerns that we have. When we ask for new features in the LMS, they actually listen to us and pass the requests up to management, and we have even seen some of the things we have asked for implemented in the software!

Cons

The LMS's ability to cater to so many different scenarios and companies can sometimes be a drawback. The many different implementation paths that we could take to execute our goals can be intimidating. However, the support team is always extremely receptive to getting on the phone with us to discuss our options and help us form an implementation plan that works for us. The team's subject matter experts' deep understanding of the system helps us to narrow down options to help us set up our system in a way that best fits our needs.

Shawn C.

Reviewed on 25/11/2010

Exceptional LMS that keeps getting better

Despite some limitations, I am very pleased with our decision to work with ICS and their Inquisiq product. I estimate that had we chosen one of the big three hosted LMS vendors; we would have spent an additional $15000 since March 2010.

I am seeing constant improvements in the product and I am confident that which we consider shortcomings will be resolved in the near future.

Since there is absolutely no risk with upfront costs and contract obligations, I recommend Inquisiq for small to medium sized LMS needs and possibly even for any large size LMS requirements.

Pros

Other hosted LMS services require many $1000's, a commitment, and lengthy consulting before you are up and running. On the other hand, can be set up by you in a matter of hours for very little cost and no commitment.

The top pros are:
- No risks!! No contracts!
- Ease of setup and management
- Full access to graphics web margins that do not compromise our corporate branding (the others forced their own controls in the top margin)
- Highly competent support staff that ALWAYS replies quickly! Usually in less than 2 hours
- Full SCORM 2004 support (I have not encountered any issues)
- Possibly the highest value for your dollar in this hosted LMS market
- Option to purchase the LMS for self-hosting
- No significant downtime
- Batch new learner uploading is a huge time saver. I wrote an app to automatically convert our CRM output directly into Inquisiq readable format. I can now process over 100 learners in less than 1 minute!

Cons

- Reporting is fair (new reporting options are coming though).
- Email notifications are extensive but still missing some specific requirements (i.e. notify learners of pending account expiry x days before expiry, no html notifications - plain text only)
- Uploading SCORM lessons could be streamlined a bit more. e.g. Allow for direct SCORM course updating
- Manuals and other Inquisiq related training is either out of date and/or poorly documented, however, most of the system is highly intuitive!

Nice to have:
- Discussion groups tied to lessons
- Ability to change default customer facing icons
- Admin blog area

Mindy L.

Reviewed on 19/11/2010

Exceptional system with excellent value

Great investment and exceptional value. You won't be sorry and you don't need a big but not "user friendly" system like SumTotal - why spend that kind of money and it doesn't work as nicely? Try it, you'll love it!

Some companies will try and sell you on those big systems and several weeks deployment - that's crazy! You can deploy this with 1-2 employees for 10,000+ users in 2 weeks.

Pros

The system is extremely stable, easy to use and easy to upload SCORM files.
It does not take an ARMY to manage the system. You can manage the system with 1-2 empoyees for 10,000+ employees.
99.99% up time!
Instant Email Notification for System Events
Easy to use - some of our users are first-time computer users and they find their way the first time!
User friendly for administrators too.
Reporting is Robust - pull a report on any field or event in the system. Very easy to use.
Developers Listen and Incorporate Enhancements
Developers always pick up their phone! Everyone there knows what they are talking about and understands the system for the most part.

Cons

Updates are not scheduled regularly or well documented.
The only trackable online lessons are SCORM - unable to load and track PowerPoint (although there is the ablity to track classroom training and upload materials).
Unable to use the system to convert PowerPoint to SCORM.
System user guide needs additional documenting - the guide does not provide extensive details on how to use the system. It is basic but could be much better. We learned the system via testing, trial and error.

Joe R.

Reviewed on 18/11/2010

Solving Customer Training Issues

We investigated 13 other LMS vendors before choosing InquisiqR3 - I have ZERO regrets about our decision.

This is a superior product, providing a great compromise of features and usability. A long list of features that you won't actually use will not help you to achieve the objectives of your programs. A system your team can use and will like working with is key to success in my experience.

This product recieves my highest personal recommendation.

Pros

eHealthSolutions has been quite pleased with our licensing of InquisiqR3. We needed to train several thousand customers in a very short period of time in order to support the federally mandated MDS 3.0 changes to our product. All users needed to be trained, assessed, and reported within a two week period before 10/1/2010. We accomplished this goal with relative ease hosting our training through InquisqR3.

I have extensive experience with learning management systems, having purchased them for both small and large companies. My present team, however, did not have much experience at all. They (and I) have been very pleased with the ease of use and level of functionality we get with InquisiqR3. Frankly many systems provide features that add complexity but relatively little value.

ICS Support has been fantastically responsive. They are friendly and knowledgable.

We use the hosted version of InquisqR3 and have had virtually no down time.

Cons

It would be super to have threaded discussion groups attached to courses - but there are ways to get around that.

Scott C.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 25/04/2019

Provided a cost effective way to provide easy access to training topics for staff and customers. Great customer support.

Pros

Very user friendly and flexible. Not over designed. Keeps thing simple and very affordable. Great value

Cons

Administration rights assignment is restrictive

Megan J.

Reviewed on 04/09/2018

EdgePoint for Asentia

This is the third LMS I have to deal with in my career and it does seem the easiest to use. Other two were proprietary, poorly programmed disasters.

Pros

the layout, icons, visually organized well, easy to navigate

Cons

help site needs more content but i suspect that will happen over time

John D.

Reviewed on 19/11/2010

EX user upgraded to R3 - Great interface and easy on end-users

The product is well designed and reliable. With the new features of R3 have come some challenges on the administrator side--could be the learning curve for us--but overall we are very satisfied with the R3 LMS product and with ICS Learning as a business partner.

Pros

Love the interface--simple and nice loooking. Ease of use is excellent for end users (five stars), but for administrators, R3 seems more complicated than previous version - Inquisiq EX (which is why we rated 4 stars). When we upgraded from EX to R3 and the upgrade implementation was very easy. Once we understood how the reporting works, we liked the flexibility of it. Customer support is helpful and responsive but we would like more explicit documentation.

Cons

Two challenges from the administrators perspective is uploading batch users (specifically, the process for creating the upload file can be hard to get right). Uploading web-based self-study courses takes more steps than we would like. As mentioned above, we would like more explicit and detailed documentation support, especially for system administrators.

Joseph K.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 25/04/2019

A good investment for us

Using the local-installed version has allowed us to meet Ministry requirements for content hosted within the province and at an economical cost. The Support is always timely and helpful.

Pros

Easy to setup and use. Many robust features out of the box. The API is easy to use and integrates nicely with our CMS.

Cons

I'm not a content developer, but I think it would be useful to have some collaboration tools built-in for users/instructors.