Microsoft Viva Engage Reviews

About Microsoft Viva Engage

Microsoft Viva Engage is a private cloud-based social network that enables employees to collaborate across departments, locations, content and business applications. It is suitable for businesses of all sizes. Microsoft Viva...

4.1

Browse Microsoft Viva Engage Reviews

• Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 03/06/2022

A great application to keep communicated

Pros

What I like about this application is Yammer is fully equipped to act as a central contact of contact and communication in my network. We have an international set (scattered) of people on my network and we choose Yammer in our communication center. We create a commercial space for each working group and another for our coordination team. Not only do we use group spaces, but also the messages between the members of the Yammer group are extremely effective and safe. We can write to individuals or create groups for continuous communication in the hammer. Therefore, although we must maintain the security of the information in the part of the world we use, we trust the aspects of security. I also use the iOS Yammer application to access my account and messages.

Cons

What I do not like about this application is the user interface is not rich and it seems and considers that it should improve. I'm not sure, but a little time is suspended. In addition, it is not very difficult to seek publication. It becomes more confusing again when several groups are created.

Reviewed on 10/10/2022

Good to have but not very impressive

if you do not have intranet and you want employee engagement tool then this will work great with subject to lot of campaigns for employee onboarding and engagement with yammer

Pros

Very user friendly, doesn't required employee training or guidance on how to use it. so many inbuilt features for social sharing and employee engagement saves tons of development work for custom intranet portal

Cons

not much tightly integrated with other O365 products, it makes difficult for admin to onboard emplyees

WordPress

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Viva Engage

Too many features without any custom development
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

An employee's Yammer Review

My experience with Yammer is that I am a low level clerk with nobody reporting to me in any capacity. All of the network on any Yammer blog I do are high level banking executives and bankers who I have no shared association with. I am the black Beatle Bailey in General Halftrack's world. (as per the comic strip) Also, I do not appreciate being trolled on my Yammer blog by these people who have implicit biases that are problematic to me. What I want to do is a Yammer blog that is more along the lines of organizational communication as a professional who does not have a proprietary banking interest. My interest in Yammer is as an independent user who want to use Yammer to build his own network for brand identity purposes along with worker morale. All of what I post in my Yammer blogs are about things that my employer does not have a proprietary interest in, and can be shared on any social network within my employer's social network policy.

Pros

This software is fine if your e-mail is tied to the account and you can use this through the company access. I would be happy if I can access this software through my university or my network with Linked-in. (Which includes my employer)

Cons

I am restricted by way of my company access. I am unable to start a new yammer blog from a remote computer outside of the company that I work for. Under my employer's access, I am unable to see my company e-mail outside their intra-net. I am also under my employer's restrictions due to the proprietary data that is of importance to the company, but is of no use to me outside of my employer's work site. Why should I need a company token to access and edit a yammer blog on my laptop that has nothing to do with my employer? (Apart from what I think is slight branding detail that is of importance to my employer, but is is biased and prejudicial to me) I have no use for the technical detail that my employer uses yammer for.

Top Microsoft Viva Engage Alternatives

Eric

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

The powerhouse that is Yammer, how it helps my Business.

So far loving every day with it. My staff are joining up now and my network is growing slowly. The adaptability of it is quite nice overall it is enjoyable to use.

Pros

The fact we can make our own little secure tight knit community is amazing. We deal with some secure information so the info and document sharing within our secure private network is seriously outstanding.So many things you can do to interact and engage.

Cons

Don't quite like the community's feature. Seems lacking in my opinion, but I will explore it more as I evolve with this product.

Reviewed on 19/08/2019

Yammer social network

I use Yammer every day for collaboration with my colleagues.

Pros

1. It works pretty fast. Usually Microsoft products are slow but not Yammer.
2. It includes many features you can find in other social networks.
3. It works with different operation systems (I use it with Windows only).

Cons

1. Wiki pages stopped working a few times. I don't know why.
2. UI is pretty old. I think it should be updated.

deba
deba
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 15/04/2019

Good content sharing tool which is underutilized because there are a lot of alternatives

Yammer has helped us reduce the number of intracompany emails and also reduced the number of meetings since we all can collaborate within it.

Pros

Yammer is like a social media tool for workers in my company to interact with each other. We tried it out in 2016 and we never looked back. Company update can be sent to all members just like using an email, while documents, images and videos can be shared within it. It is cheap, sign up is free and have good customer support. You can easily join a group or create a group depending on what you want.
Yammer helped me find information and get help by reading articles that were written by experts on difficult jobs within the organization. I only have to search for it.
Yammer made me more productive with timely useful conversations and interaction from my colleague across the company best hands. I could also easily see what is happening within the organization at all times because of the synchronized updates. I can use yammer even when am out of the office because of their Android app.
Additionally, Yammer works very well with office 365 which is not a surprise since it is built by Microsoft.

Cons

Yammer is too strict on 3rd party adverts within their platform.
It is not widely popular and people just tend to disregard it.
The learning curve for yammer use to be very low but recent additions and innovations somehow made it a bit steep for newbies.
yammer work more like a social media platform rather a corporate tool with the many innovations been added to it
The interface is too rigid for my liking. (personal dislike but my colleagues absolutely loved it)

Mahmut
Mahmut
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 18/11/2023

Empowering Employees to Share Knowledge and Ideas

Pros

Yammer is a great platform for improving communication and collaboration, increasing employee engagement, and enhancing knowledge sharing within a company. It can also help to streamline information sharing, improve transparency, and reduce reliance on email. Overall, Yammer is a valuable tool for companies of all sizes that are looking to improve their internal communication and collaboration.

Cons

Yammer's potential drawbacks include limited integration with other Microsoft 365 applications, the challenge of achieving user adoption, and the risk of information overload. Companies should consider these limitations and implement effective strategies to maximize Yammer's benefits.

Karan
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 22/11/2023

Fantastic for comms

Great experience with yammer so far no real complaints - it is used daily and will continue to be used to encourage communication across organisational communities and platforms

Pros

The ability to create instant announcements and add images, links, documents etc has allowed for communication across Teoh organisation to take place with ease and allows collaborative discussion where required/desired/necessary

Cons

Not a lot that is not liked maybe some additional features to link yammer posts together so there can be a thread

boubakeur
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 11/10/2023

"Excellent platform for creating a network with your coworkers - Yammer"

Yammer provides a fantastic platform for informing the public about company-level activities. We can inform people about events, updates, outcomes, activities, etc. quickly. Additionally, we can attach media to increase engagement and traffic. It is a valuable asset to the company.

Pros

The best thing about Yammer is that it allows for informal communications within the company just like any other social media platform. You can communicate with others through posts and images, and you can leave comments with your ideas. It aids in stress relief.

Cons

I am unable to disable email notifications in my situation. It is pre-configured with a default value and cannot be altered. I get between two and four emails a day, but I check those in Yammer anyway, so I don't need those messages.

Reviewed on 18/08/2023

Great Tool to Connect With All Areas

Pros

We are able to connect with folks from many different business areas.

Cons

Most folks do not use it since there are other offerings.

Kristin
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 26/08/2022

Great for Community Enagement

Overall, for a larger company I would recommend Yammer, it can sync well with all your Microsoft products and it is a fast and efficient way to spread a message to a large amount of employees at the same time! Yammer can hold the messages, documents, trainings, videos so that you can still review them at your leisure as a user and still participate in the comments! I will say that if you are watching a live feed and trying to keep up with the comments and questions being posted, that can be a little tricky- maybe a bit delayed at times, but don't worry all the posts will be saved to review at a later time! If you have a smaller office, this may not be as beneficial, so if it is a monetary investment for your company but you have a small group, there maybe another product with Microsoft, like Teams, that may work better or even steering away from Microsoft products there are many other products that could be used, but would not be great for larger groups!

Pros

This is a great software to get everyone in the company (or community) involved! You can post updates to share company wide and all of those who have joined Yammer can not only access the details, attachments and/or videos attached, but the users can also comment and hold conversations about the topics posted. This system will also house documents, training, videos, company updates, polls, monthly updates, even just fun community chats (non business related)! I would recommend this product as a good way to keep LARGE companies "in the know" across the company- a great way to share updates and information with a large company. I am a big fan of all Microsoft products, but for a small company I do not know that adding the extra investment would be monetarily beneficial- as there are smaller systems that would work just as well on a smaller scale!

Cons

The only con that I have experience is more of a "user settings" I would love to be able to exclude myself from several emails that I receive on what seems like a daily basis, however I have found a work around to just route the emails to a non-important folder until I do have time to review them! The only other hard thing that I have noticed when it comes to Yammer is when/if you are watching a "live feed" it can be a little confusing to keep up with the most recent comments/questions being posted while the feed it continuing.

Samuel
Samuel
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 10/10/2021

Great Professional Version of Social Media!

My overall experience with Yammer has been phenomenal, and I am sure that my coworkers can attest to that experience, as well. I have been able to communicate efficiently with coworkers, I have been able to share documents with them, and we have all been able to update our "statuses" just as we would on most other informal social media sites. Would definitely recommend Yammer to anyone.

Pros

What I like best about Yammer is that it acts like a pseudo-social media site, but only within the inner circles of your near and distant coworkers, (meaning those who are on site and off site), but within the same company. The site makes for a nice getaway whenever you need a break from work and you want to see what everyone else has to say on their profiles, if you want to send direct messages back and forth to a coworker, if you want to share various files, (both professional and personal), among a slew of other features that are very reminiscent of other social media sites. Only individuals with the proper corporate email addresses are able to create an account on Yammer and join your inner group of friends, which is fantastic.

Cons

There is literally nothing that I do not like about this software, because its purpose is very simple - and all of what it is made for is being met, at least in my case, and I have been using the software for a decent amount of time now. The messaging is in real time, the interface is simple and appealing, and it is accessible on desktop, laptop, or mobile.

Curtis
Curtis

Reviewed on 16/06/2023

Enhancing Collaboration and Communication: Yammer Delivers!

Pros

Yammer fosters seamless collaboration and communication, connecting employees across departments and locations, breaking down silos, and enhancing cross-team collaboration.The integration with other Microsoft tools, such as Office 365, streamlines productivity by allowing seamless sharing of documents, real-time collaboration, and scheduling meetings within the platform.Yammer's mobile app enables employees to stay connected on the go, ensuring participation in conversations and access to important updates, making it convenient and flexible for a modern workforce.

Cons

Yammer's interface can be overwhelming for new users, requiring some time to get accustomed to its features and functionality.The platform may experience occasional performance issues, such as slow loading times or delays in notifications.Yammer's search functionality could benefit from further improvements to enhance the ease of finding specific content or conversations.

Joshua
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 10/04/2019

A Unique Blend of Social and Business Collaboration Platform

I think my overall experience with Yammer is functional - yet, under-utilized. It provides and interesting social space within the hustle and bustle of a business world. I think some organizations can pull this integration off - but it is difficult. Yammer is built in a way that should increase collaboration and alleviate location based barriers for working teams. However, Yammer can fall into the potential pitfall of diving too far into a social trends over creating cross-functional teams. Therefore, in the end, I see a lot of promise in the tool - with quite of bit work left to go.

Pros

Yammer does a really nice job of offering a social platform for workers to interact with other across the company. I work in a large organization and Yammer is a tool that I use to interact with my business cohort across the country. I have really enjoyed the opportunity to add individuals to your connections, find like-minded groups, and share documents for others to review. I have tried using Yammer for various uses and have largely found it beneficial for keeping up with co-workers in off-site locations.

Cons

I think Yammer can fall a little too far into the social category for a business. I have often felt like the platform veers too far into a social media tool rather than a business collaboration platform. The user experience feels very similar to Facebook and often is difficult to differentiate it from other social platforms. I have had other experiences with other business tools that seems to pull this off a bit better than Yammer. From my experience, other business professionals realize this and stay away.

Darrus

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

Specialty specific physician message board

Pros

Provides an easy to use platform for communication and sharing. The relatively limited feature set keeps interacting with Yammer a straight forward experience. For our purposes Yammer provides a great substitute for the "Doctor's Lounge" that our physicians miss since we are a much larger organization than just a few years ago. Physicians can, in physician only environments, discuss patient cases and ask for advice and referrals to other specialists from a much larger community of their peers than are available at their physical location.

Cons

Because Yammer does not seem to have all the same connections to our AD database as other applications in Office 365 getting everyone onto the platform can be challenging. Creating and managing groups can be daunting as the platform is open. Controlling the types of communication on the platform can also be difficult and channel moderators have to stay vigilant. This does mean that the platform is creating new work for those staff chosen as channel moderators, and depending on adoption and usage this can be a significant commitment of time on a regular basis.

Steve

Reviewed on 30/07/2018

It's a great program to use for a virtual office!

Great benefits, it's a wonderful virtual office

Pros

Yammer is a terrific way to communicate with people in your company when you don't have a traditional office setting, where employees work from different areas. You can have conversations and get up with people immediately, plus have various "buckets" to divide up work tasks, or have different networks for different departments. Uploaded and downloading is easy, and it's a repository for valuable files. To have a platform where everyone can be on the same page is invaluable. And with smart phones, pushes can allow one to be notified immediately of any update or conversation. Has similar feature to Facebook, so it's easy to learn. Again, a great virtual office!

Cons

Honestly, there are very few cons, sometimes it won't let you upload or download items, but that is a rare occasion. Sometimes the search isn't reliable.

Alexander
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

A Great Forum For Employee Engagement and Collaboration

Overall, Yammer is a wonderful tool that I am glad we implemented here. It gives the user a very social network experience that they are used to, while maintaining a lot of the wonderful features that you've come to expect from Microsoft. I 100% recommend the implementation of Yammer to any organization that's considering to use it.

Pros

Yammer has opened the door to many new connections and collaborations at Oxy. We've been able to create business-unit specific Yammer groups that allow employees from all around the globe to post data, share findings, and collaborate - all in one easy to use place.

Cons

There aren't too many cons to Yammer - sometimes you may get too many emails, depending on how many Yammer groups you are subscribed to. But these email preferences can always be changed at your discretion to limit the amount of inbox flooding.

Wade
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 20/08/2021

Social Media Intranet

Yammer as a collaboration tool hasn't been as widely adopted at my company. Under utilization actually proves quite a challenge. I feel like this is the kind of software you could use every day or never use at all, and it really becomes incumbent upon the corporate culture to adopt it as a tool. With the current generational gaps at my company, it can be a challenge to engage either the less tech-savvy or the more jaded youth whom already live on several platforms outside of work.

Pros

Yammer is a fantastic way for employees from disparate roles to interact and share common interests. Often, these interests can benefit the business just as much as the employees. My favorite Yammer group is the 'Free Courseware' group started by someone who thought it would be great to compile a list of services that range from Coursera to MIT Open Coursework to Alison to W3 Schools.

Cons

As a social media-esque software, it relies on users heavily interacting. This can at time be distracting without any real guidance or weigh-in from management. If your leaders don't make a point to engage users on the platform it can quickly become a desert.

Nikhil

Reviewed on 23/12/2022

Best social networking service

I love the wonderful way easy to understand Yammer is - its design and activity are natural. It's an extraordinary method for keeping in contact with partners, be modern on work improvements, and make private gatherings for companions or family so you can share fun encounters together. The stage additionally keeps inner representatives informed about intriguing drives that could end up being useful to them work on their range of abilities! Everybody ought to feel open to voicing any issues they have, as well - inside the corporate intranet, it works very much like online entertainment does remotely, making it simple to utilize thanks to excellent help gave by Yammer staff.

Pros

I like the facts and functionality is very effective. It fulfil the user need.

Cons

The requirement for clearness on how Yammer ought to be utilized makes disarray among our clients. There isn't an agreement viewing whether it ought to act as a continuous, multi-layered center point for discussions or proposition speedy updates and exchange about tasks and collaboration. This has caused trouble in creating publicity about this stage.

Reviewed on 06/08/2018

Yammer allows us a very dynamic and colaborative communication

I like it a lot, we've managed to get the people really involved in sharing what they're doing, problems they face, solutions they implement, their personal and team accomplishments.

Pros

First of all, its included with no additional cost on our Microsoft Ofice 365 subscriptions, so no additional expenses. It's very intuitive, nobody needs to be taught how to use it. It has a very simple feature set allowing us to improve our internal collaboration. Thre's now no excuse for not knowing what's happening in the Company. We can easily do simple polls and congratulate our colleagues for any personal o professional accomplishment or event.

Cons

Of course, everyone expected it to be a fully functional private facebook, which is not the case, there are a million Faceboo features that don't exist in Yammer, and we don't think we need them at all.
If only, a better interface for uploading bunches of pictures and organize them in albums, since right now we upload only selected pictures one at a time. Or we share links to sharepoint paths.

Glenda May

Reviewed on 30/05/2023

How Yammer helps one to connect in the company community

I first saw Yammer in my work email, click it and then browse. First thing I can say is that, is this like Facebook? But when I progress browsing further, I said it is different in a good way. I can see updates from my colleagues abroad, first time seeing their faces as well. From then on, I open Yammer every day to see their updates and other company news.

Pros

It's like Facebook, we can post, we comment, and we can interact not only with colleagues in our country but in other countries as well. We get to see their country updates and news. We get to congratulate everyone on their achievements well. Good thing also is the creation of community, it's like a group we can create then we can share anything on this group.

Cons

So far, none. Everything's good. Easy and convenient to use. No problems encountered to date.

Arpan

Reviewed on 10/02/2019

One of the best platforms to improve employee engagement in an organization

- If an organization wants its employees to share topics, interests, or areas of practice, then Yammer is a must!

Pros

- The platform is simple and easy to use. Employees can start a conversation about any topic they feel like needs attention. Users have the ability to create public and private groups, share documents and videos with each other, and like other people's posts.

- Yammer can be considered a social networking platform meant to be used internally in an organization.

Cons

- I am using the software from last 5 years and do not have any concerns. The platform is reliable, easy to use, requires little to no training even for a beginner.

Timothy
Timothy
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 11/09/2021

Incredible tool for professional use in my company

At this time, I am using Yammer every day without any problem because it facilitates communication with my employees. At first, when I started with Yammer, it was very frustrating to use it, since it was confusing and very difficult to handle, as I was using it, it was understanding and now my employees are happy with their incorporation for me.

Pros

It is a Microsoft program that does not only work with this operating system, it works with several without any problem, it goes quite well and is fast, efficient when it comes to sharing information and group works, since the information is not lost. Thanks to that, over time, he has been updating, he has several functions that are easily found in other social networks, which greatly facilitates messaging and communication.

Cons

Yammer does not have a filter or anything for some messages from other types. Another thing I do not like about Yammer is that it does not update your user interface and that is almost obsolete.

Lisa
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Company Wide Message Board

Overall, this has been a really great tool for connecting members of our teams that we may never come into contact with, otherwise. I have been able to keep up to date on things that I would not have known was even happening without Yammer.

Pros

I really like that as part of Office 365, I am able to access Yammer from any device. Because we use Yammer as an overall message board, having the ability to create multiple groups has been great. We currently use it to keep track of what is going on around campus, as a way to send updates on programs that are used, and even as a buy/sell/trade group. We can include text and pictures in our posts to help with descriptions.

Cons

The one complaint that I have is that comments often get separated from posts and seem to just be randomly floating around in Yammerland.

• Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

A professional social network in a corporate setting

Pros

It is easier to use and it limits the people within our network. Yammer works like a filter where we can focus on what is happening within the company. It is also a good database and tool to learn from other business units within a large corporation with various cultures, locations and departments.

Cons

There is limited (or I would say, almost no) information about the person. For example, if I want to know more about a person, for example their education, professional history, skills and credentials, most of the times I cannot find this information on that colleague's personal page.