About KidKare

Kidkare is a cloud-based childcare management solution designed to help daycare centers and sponsors manage operations related to meal planning, admissions and Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) claim processing. Features...

Browse KidKare Reviews

Holly W. Holly W.

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

Holly's review

I'm able to see reports on how many meals i served and which meals are more attended. This software helps for records for tax purposes as well.

Pros

I like the ability to copy days from previous menus as well as build my own library of menus to choose from.
Also the pre planned menus are very good when your're short on time

Cons

I don't like that the use scheduled times key was removed. It made it easier to adjust those times if necessary but now every day manually put in all the times which could and usually are the same every day.

Leticia P. Leticia P.

Reviewed on 04/01/2019

Feeding Future

Using this software we can accelerate our work,being organized and make monthly reports from the commodity of our home ,It's a big help in this field , we are always very busy taking care of our futures

Pros

-The way in which we can create our own menus .
-The software avoid us the hand writing.
-It help us to be organized.

Cons

-The system is always slow down.
- The software have many pages to navigate.
- The way we can use the copy option.
- Printing.

Gloria C. Gloria C.

Reviewed on 29/06/2018

Accounting

Accounting

Pros

The accounting. I use the invoices. love the email and payment on line. My parents rely like that they can pay in line.

Cons

The reports are hard to navigate sometimes. and sometimes they have the ring totals. The check in and out has to meany steps.

Top KidKare Alternatives

• Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 12/01/2019

KidKare Software Review

Customer service in fantastic. I was originally running a state certified daycare and utilizing KidKare with the CACFP food program and then decided to start doing daycare from home and run it as an unregulated daycare. When I closed my daycare in town and quit the CACFP program, my sponsor automatically withdrew me from the program but I was still being charged for it each month even though I was not able to log in and use the program. I contacted customer service and asked if they could get me back into that account or credit the money that had been auto-paid out of my bank account to the new KidKare account that I had created when I started doing daycare at home. They weren't able to reconnect me to the original account, but added credit to the new one that I had created, no questions asked. They've been very helpful with anything else that I have contacted them with as well.

Pros

I like that everything is in one place. I can track pick-up and drop-off times, keep track of my daycare finances, plan meals, etc. all in one place. I don't need a hundred different apps/programs to run my daycare business.

Cons

I really wish that the Check-In/Out times would transfer directly over for each child when you pull up their name to create invoices at the end of the week. It would make creating invoices A LOT quicker! And maybe there is a way to do this and I just haven't figured it out yet!

Lindsay S. Lindsay S.

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

So Glad I have KidKare

I have liked using it and will continue to do so. Is way more helpful to me come tax time then doing all by hand. This only is why I will continue, but all the extra things like parent invoices and meals is also a reason I will stay.

Pros

I like that I can add in all my expenses and just have it printed for taxes.

I also like that I can bill my parents online, they like to set up online and this helps!

Keeping my meals squared away with my food program also is a big thing.

Cons

I don't like that between the expense and taxes I have to figure out numbers. Wish there was a way to get both time space and 100% prices. Just depends on the tax software I use that year.

Wish there was some way parents could hit sign in and out each day rather than me. But this is not that big a deal.

Sharon A. Sharon A.

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

great program

saves time, I can go back and review. Receive updates current. Great Great. If their is something I don't understand, our rep is great.

Pros

the best and easy program for daily use. I am not the smartest computer person, I have no problems using the site. And it is free. Daily meals are entered and my end of the month is submitted with a blink. I don't have the best hand writing, I know the people on the end that would have to read my hand print is happy also. Thank you so much.

Cons

sometimes the site is slow. Nothing I can say Least about the software.

Pennie G. Pennie G.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 29/12/2018

KidKare

It is way better than the paper menus. I have had some items not save in the menu. When I have tried to contact help/customer service, the response is absolutely terrible or nonexistent. But overall, I am satisfied with its function.

Pros

fairly user friendly, the software has improved continually.

Cons

the save reminder button is annoying. It appears when you have not entered anything. And sometimes (rarely)it does not save what you entered. The whole grain tab is not good. It should just be included in the drop down food.

Nancy P. Nancy P.

Reviewed on 29/08/2020

Good program but needs invoice change

Pros

Easy to use, convenient, stores all kids that have been enrolled, report features are nice.

Cons

The main one for me in the invoicing. I do not send invoices to my parents or have any need to. I would love to have the option of just recording the payments. I hate creating invoices only to record a payment and the feature of reoccurring invoices is great if you receive the same amount from a parent every month which I don't

Nancy S. Nancy S.

Saves time

Excellent! Saves, time, money, and paperwork.

Pros

I save a lot of time being able to use my phone, laptop, or tablet to enter meals and other day care information on KidKare. It is user friendly. At the end of the month and it is time to turn in menus KidKare makes it so easy to do. Saves time and paperwork. I definitely recommend KidKare to other providers at our meetings. I would recommend providers to at least try it and see for themselves.

Cons

Sometimes the internet is out and you can not use, but that rarely happens. All you have to do is write down and then enter it later.

Virginia K. Virginia K.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

KIDKARE FOOD PROGRAM

Overall, It is a easy program to operate. I enjoy working this program when it is operating smoothly. I wish there was a easier and faster way to record baby meals, rather than going to a separate screen. This is really time consuming.

Pros

The program is easy to use and can be learned quickly. There is more than one way to accomplish the same thing. I like when the program is flowing smoothly, without any issues.

Cons

Sometimes when I've worked a long day and there is issues with the program or it is running slow, I get irritated, as I am tired and am ready to take a break.

Laura M. Laura M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Because It's easy...

KidKare, is the better way to submit my work. I love how simple it is to use and I can be on my way in no time.
thank you for the chance to share.

Pros

I enjoy using KidKare because it is easy. The time it takes me to log in and make an entry, I'm surfing the web looking for projects for the children.

Cons

sometimes it's hard to delete a section of a day after it has been saved.

Arlen W. Arlen W.

Reviewed on 10/07/2020

KidKare has a great interface and worked great overall!

I would highly recommend KidKare to anyone needing to meal plan for students.

Pros

As a user, the interface is so simple and makes each section readily available for use. I really enjoy the colors in the software as well.

Cons

Reviewing information can be confusing at times due to the fact that some of that information isn't updated.

Elaine C. Elaine C.

Reviewed on 02/07/2018

Great software for family child care!!

Pros

Besides using it for the food program the accounting package is good for my size business. The ability to print reports for your accountant. Overall, love this program.

Cons

Maneuvering around to different reports takes a little time to get use to. Customer service takes a few minutes to speak to when you need to ask a question.

Aldena P. Aldena P.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Life saver!!

Overall, I love the program. I look forward to better budgeting with business expenses because I'm able to view and run reports much faster than flipping through pages of data. Very pleased!

Pros

I love how I can now track all of my expenses and invoices. Much easier than the paper way! I love the reports I'll be able to run at the end of the year for taxes, and parents. Many reports available. All the information I need is in one place.

Cons

No pay feature for parents that pay 50/50 but in an every other week type of situation. Unsure how my reports will look when it shows they split payments weekly. Also, needs more categories for the provider and child calendar. I offer a limited number of vacation days that the parent can earn and in turn get a free week in the year but no options for me to track these days being used.

Daniel M. Daniel M.

Reviewed on 08/08/2019

KidKare saves the day

Pros

The programs are constantly improving and building to improve record keeping with an ease for the user. The platform requires minimal training, which saves a tremendous amount of time/effort in onboarding new staff. The accounting features have greatly improved our management.

Cons

Using the software the past year and a half, I have not run into any issues. A few questions which have been swiftly remedied/supported by their customer care team.

Pamela G. Pamela G.

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

My experience is great! The most important is organizing my bookkeeping for taxes.

Pros

Organizes for taxes, keeps records of the food serviced & children attendance. Very easy to use to keep track of tuition and billing parents.

Cons

Don't organize child by Birthday or age & to organize parent info, to print for multiple use. It also don't organize by store, to get totals spent there.

Katrina T. Katrina T.

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

Easy to Use

Love to be able to Use from my phone and don't always have to go to my laptop.

Pros

Easy to Use and I don't have always long onto my laptop to enter in what is needed.

Cons

I think there should be a select all button when it comes to selecting children instead of having to pick each individual child's name.

Wendy D. Wendy D.

Reviewed on 17/12/2018

KidKare

It has saved me a lot of time and money when I use it and my parents like the reports also.

Pros

I can do jut about everything I need to do for my business, from recording to reports to helping me with my business.

Cons

Wish the expenses section was set up different more like the Calendar keepers.

Adriane M. Adriane M.

GREAT SERVICE

It is the best program by far. Not time consuming and easy to use. My best features is the access to the children file and you can go back and forth in the attendance.

Pros

The software is very Easy to access and user friendly for any one.

Cons

daily attendance unable to print menu plan for the month

Terei L. Terei L.

Reviewed on 07/12/2018

KidKare Review

Pros

The ease of using it. There are many things that make it simple to use.

Cons

Sometimes there is a delay before you can choose an item such as selecting provider or parent supplied breast milk or formula. If you don't wait a second you can click on the wrong one very easily. Those items should be on a separate line maybe a space down from each other and not so close together especially due to the lag.

Margarita N. Margarita N.
  • Industry: Fishery

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Love the software

Overall I like it just need to improve their customer support

Pros

Accounting features is very useful easy to understand

Cons

Customer support not easy to access or to get a response quickly need to wait a day or 2 to response

Stephanie C. Stephanie C.

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Day Care Provider

I have been working with you for many years and I,m so happy with the program,

Pros

It's easy to work every day and complete my menus to send you the last day of each month.

Cons

Easy to complete our menus and give me many ideas when I cook every day.

Susan N. Susan N.

Reviewed on 31/12/2018

time saving

I am glad I have this option .

Pros

It saves me so much time than the old way. and I don't worry that it was not received in time.

Cons

some times it does not record ever thing I put in so I have to always double check at end od month

Stacey P. Stacey P.

Great Program

Easy to use and access information. Use for my daycare and makes job much easier.

Pros

Easy to use and understand. Help pages offer information I need.

Cons

When it is not working. When system is down it makes me frustrated and wastes my time.

Tonya M. Tonya M.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Daycare

I use it on a daily basis for Child care and I really like it now that I fully understand it. It has minor kinks that need to be worked out, but its software and it will happen with any of them so I am pretty happy.

Pros

The amount of options available for me to use. It's easy to use

Cons

Sometimes when you save things it doesn't save, so you have to run reports to make sure the data you entered was saved properly.