About ConvertKit

ConvertKit is a cloud-based solution that enables businesses to streamline processes related to email marketing, online forms, landing pages, customer engagement and more. Professionals can utilize the platform to sort customers...

Browse ConvertKit Reviews

Ben
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 25/09/2020

A real step up from our last email marketing solution

I was previously using Aweber and needed to switch after an as-yet-unexplained technical glitch did realy damage to a product launch. The move to ConvertKit was smooth and I wish I'd done it years ago - the cost is slightly lower too for my 10,000 subscribers.

Pros

ConvertKit is very intuitive to use and hides a lot of functionality behind a straightforward user interface. Tutorial videos for each area of the software help considerably with the learning curve.

The feature-set it really well-thought-out and allows you to be really creative with your email marketing. I particularly like the easy way to send a broadcast email a second time to those who didn't open it the first - it really adds to the value of each email.

Cons

I've found little to criticise before beyond the fact the on-boarding was quite hands-off. Support is very good quality but the responses could, I suppose, be a little quicker.

Olga

Reviewed on 05/08/2022

The email marketing software that will make your content shine

We have been using ConvertKit for 3.5 years now and we don’t plan on going anywhere else! If you’re looking for an email marketing platform that grows with your business and subscriber list, and that’s straightforward to use as well as efficient, then you don’t need to look any further than ConvertKit. My team and I find that it allows us to meet our goals quickly, deliver quality content, and all without overcomplicating things. Sometimes simple is best!

Pros

It’s hard to find things not to like about ConvertKit. I think one of the best things is that there is no major learning curve. You don’t have to be an expert in email marketing to understand how to use the software. Everything is pretty intuitive. And when you do have a problem figuring something out, they have amazing tutorials available as well as a very responsive and helpful customer service team. Each time I ran into an issue, it would be solved by their team in a blink of an eye. I also love that it integrates with the software we use at our company and with our clients, such as Acuity Scheduling and LeadPages. Finally, ConvertKit has all the features we need for our email marketing efforts to be a success: great segmentation, automations, and confirmation email option.

Cons

I think their reporting and their A/B testing could be more advanced. However, given they’re constantly improving things, I believe that these features will soon be improved. I will say that for the needs of small businesses and teams, what ConvertKit offers is absolutely sufficient.

Reasons for Switching to ConvertKit

Honestly, after having tested out other software, we found that ConvertKit delivers on their promises, and that we can worry less about emails being delivered and focus on the content and conversion aspect.
Leigh

Reviewed on 18/07/2020

I don't know why people recommend this software - their generous affiliates program perhaps?

I have more problems with convertkit than anything else on my website, the source of all my issues have been convertkit!
It's cheap compared to what's out there, but there is a reason for this.
I'm now going to infusionsoft, which im sure, my commitment of their monthly priceplan will speak volumes for how poor conertkit has been.

Pros

It's easy to write emails and develop an email funnel.

Cons

the implimentation is dire, it's like a beta release all the time.
the forms aren't as responsive as they so claim, things look good on their page and then on preview, but when published, you really have to tinker with them to make them work.
Their worpdress plugin was prompting 'malware' warnings on my site with Avast, the first time I had to contact their help desk, and they were more concerned about removing me from their daily tasks lists than dealing with the problem.

this eventually cleared up, I assume it may have been in Avast's hands, but this problem lasted two weeks in convertkits hands.

I then had a list of 5 questions, I recieved a response for one of them by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who I then didn;t reply in a timely manner for (although he contacted me 3 days after my problems were raised!)
He then got pushy in the emails for me to deal with the problem immediate - which I couldn't do!! I was available to add things to my website 3 days before his response and had other work commitments to deal with, having just now got back to the website, 5 days after my initial problems, he decided to close the ticket to and I quote 'remove them off his daily tasks lists'
I've now raised these exact same questions again to convertkit to seek help, hopefully I won't get an automated response and have to wait another 3 days for a reply to when im busy and told they'll close the ticket again to make themselves look good.

Their customer service is diabolical and their software is sub par.

Top ConvertKit Alternatives

Reviewed on 02/11/2022

Amazing tool for Content Creators

ConvertKit is a great tool for email marketing. It does what I need it to do and let's me create attractive campings, landing pages and newsletters.

Pros

There are a lot of things to love about ConvertKit. It's easy to understand and you can get started quite quickly. The tool has good segmentation, automations, and confirmation emails. Also the email builder works really well!

Cons

The thing I like least is the pricing. If you're just starting out, the price can be a bit high depending on the amount of subscribers.

ActiveCampaign and MailerLite

Mailchimp
Stephanie

Reviewed on 06/06/2022

The best email software for bloggers and course creators

Pros

ConvertKit is your best friend if you are a course or content creator and need to manage a lot of email addresses, send weekly emails, and use automations and auto-emails for sales and marketing. I do a lot of lead magnet generation and have so many different segments of email subscribers - CK is made exactly for this. I love how simple it is, it doesn't got bogged down with email design too much, it's more about functionality and high deliverability.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't love about ConvertKit for email. For landing page design, there's a lot of customization that's missing, but I don't use it for that primarily.

Jared
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 17/02/2021

Straightforward Email Automations and Sequences

I am currently trying ConvertKit to see if I want to purchase it for my business. As of this moment, I like it and plan on purchasing it. You have to put in a lot of time upfront creating your email content, but once that's done, ConvertKit runs automatically. I like that a lot!

Pros

ConvertKit has a straightforward and easy-to-use interface for setting up email campaigns. Setting up an automated sequence is as easy as writing each email and dragging them into the order you want them sent. They also make it easy to assign tags to subscribers and segment your lists.

Cons

Convert kit doesn't have as many design tools as some of the other email services. This includes email designs and opt-in form designs. However, there are other 3rd party opt-in programs that integrate easily with ConvertKit.
My biggest pet peeve is the fact that there's no "undo" button in the email editor (at least I couldn't find one). I have made several mistakes that a simple undo button would have saved me from undoing.

Becky
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 07/09/2022

I highly recommend ConvertKit

Using ConvertKit has helped me grow my business by maintaining a regular email list and keeping in frequent contact with my audience. It's created sales, too, because it is the primary tool I use to sell my various courses and downloads.

Pros

This tool is fairly easy to set up and use for anyone with moderate tech skills. I love that it does only email and does it incredibly well. I can tag and segment to create highly targeted emails for any number of use cases. I couldn't run my business without an email provider this exceptional.

Cons

I don't have any big complaints about ConvertKit, but will advise that it isn't inexpensive. I think it's worth the money because of all it can do, but it is pricey for people with small budgets.

Tiarra
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 26/05/2022

Tiarra’s Convertkit Survey

Great experience!!

Pros

I love how I can easily store all of my contacts in one place. The customization, segmentation and they offer lots of other services now like products and memberships

Cons

After you surpass 1000 the pricier can get pretty expensive quickly. It might be best to then move on to an all in one platform

Michiyo
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 06/04/2022

Industry-leading deliverability is true

I am happy with Convertkit. It is easy to use, and I like its landing page templates.

Pros

I have used several different e-mail marketing platforms besides Convertkit and so far, I am impressed with their deliverability. The open rate is higher with Convertkit than the ones with other platforms.

They also have blog articles, tutorial/webinars and how-to guides. Those are very helpful for people who are not familiar with e-mail marketing yet.

Cons

They have a free plan but you can not use the "Automated funnels & sequences" feature with the free plan. I wish they had more features for the free plan.

Edward
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 20/01/2023

Grow Your Business with a powerful ConvertKit Mailing List!

If you're looking to start a mailing list, ConvertKit is a great option! They make it easy to set up and manage your list, and their features are top-notch.

Pros

ConvertKit offers an intuitive and easy-to-use platform.It provides detailed segmentation of subscribers' preferences and interests with the tag option.Comprehensive analytics allow users to track their success in real-time.

Cons

The cost of the service can be expensive for those with smaller subscriber lists or limited budget resources. The design interface could be more visually appealing.

Marie
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 27/09/2020

I have two ConvertKit accounts, because they work so well!

Most likely, I'll stick with ConvertKit for the long haul. They've got enough features to cover my basic needs - considering it's only myself and maybe a VA here and there, even if I had more bells and whistles, it's likely I wouldn't have the bandwidth to take advantage of them. So, ConvertKit has fit my needs perfectly and their customer service is exceptional!

Pros

I migrated to ConvertKit in 2016 and have never had a problem with their service being down. I love how reliable they are! Once you get the lay of the land, ConvertKit is real easy to use too. Their software is straight forward and can do a ton for the low-cost compared to Ontraport and Infusionsoft.

Cons

A lot of my friends have been moving to Active Campaign, because they say AC has more analytic features than CK. I'm not sure what I'm missing, but I do wish I could have better data from CK on best days and time of day my emails are being received. I wish I could see which email subject lines are working best for me. I wish I could have an overview calendar of what was previously sent rather than having to thumb back page after page. I wish that ConvertKit's email templates were easier to use -- I don't know coding and had a designer help me out.

Keap

Reasons for Choosing ConvertKit

The tagging and automation features that ConvertKit has compared to what Mailchimp had (back in 2016 anyway) was a must-have.

Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to ConvertKit

The price to get started with Infusionsoft was ridiculous.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

Powerful email marketing

Overall, ConvertKit is a great option for bloggers or small business owners who want to make the most of their email marketing efforts. I've used several providers over the years and ConvertKit is currently my top choice.

Pros

The automation features that involve tagging subscribers and setting up sequences allow for a lot of potential. There are many ways to deliver highly-targeted emails to your subscribers with ConvertKit.

Cons

The starting price of $29 per month is higher than most competitors. As your email list gets bigger and you move into higher-priced plans, ConvertKit's pricing is more on par with competitors, but the starting price is definitely high compared to some of the other options.

Drip, GetResponse and AWeber

Reasons for Choosing ConvertKit

ConverKit offered more features for segmenting and automation.

GetResponse

Reasons for Switching to ConvertKit

ConvertKit offered all of the features that I want and seemed like it would be easy enough to set up.
Hailey
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 11/02/2022

Great for Email Marketing

ConvertKit is allowing me to learn about email marketing at my own pace with helpful resources and tools to start and grow my email list.

Pros

I'm new to email marketing so I like that ConvertKit offers a free version for your first 1000 subscribers. This makes it easier to test them out and learn more about starting, growing, and marketing to your subscriber list. They have pre-made email templates or you can create your own. You can customize colours, etc. to match your branding. You can also tag subscribers to control what emails you send them. You can keep track of where your subscribers signed up as well which is helpful to know.

Cons

Nothing so far but I'm still a relatively new user so I haven't tested out all of the features, etc. available.

MailerLite and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to ConvertKit

It was highly recommend by many more experienced individuals in my industry as being both great for beginners and for once your list has grown substantially. Since they offer a free plan for those with less than 1000 subscribers, it was also a great incentive for me to try them out risk free.
Josey
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 21/07/2020

Great way to automate

Pros

Convert kit is a great next step for those looking to take email marketing serious. It is easy to step up and manage and offers excellent education and help center tips.

Cons

While it is an upgrade it isn’t as advance as other more robust email marketing systems. Think of it as the middle step.

Mia
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 08/02/2019

Convertkit is my email service provider. Here's why...

Pros

Like most brand new online entrepreneurs I started off with Mailchimp which is free. As I grew my list and my marketing techniques I needed something more robust with more options to segment out my list (not really done with the free platforms). I now have so many sequences and segments that are completely automated and my list has been actively growing. ConvertKit is "customer-based" instead of "list-based" meaning that I can send emails out to specific people who have taken specific actions rather than emailing an entire list of people reglardless of their actions and losing subscribers by sending irrelevant emails to the wrong people. Each subscriber is tagged based on a link they clicked, a form they subscribed through (freebie), a purchase they made from me, and SO much more. I even have tags set up when I'm running a webinar to see who watched the whole thing, who didn't show up at all, and who watched the replay. There are just so many options.

Cons

This is not an intuitive software initially- especially if you're coming from a list-based provider like Mailchimp. There will be mistakes and there will be a learning curve. But that comes along with running a business. Luckily, the chat and email customer service is generally pretty active and helpful. I've used them a lot.

Reviewed on 29/08/2021

Helping creators grow their email audience? Convertkit is a solid platform.

Overall this is an easy to use, modern email marketing tool that covers all the basics. Great for beginners who want to get going fast. Also suitable for more advanced marketers. I enjoy using this. The interface is modern and easy to use. Unnecessary settings or steps are removed, making this a tool that doesn't require much time to get something created. Good documentation as well, so the beginner can get started knowing the support and education is just a few clicks away.

Pros

I like how Convertkit makes it easy and fast to get your lead generating page up and running and start collecting leads. The landing page builder is good with plenty of templates. You don't need technical skills to get a page up and start building your list. That's what Convertkit focuses on. It's a modern tool that offers all the basics and a few advanced features. No unnecessary bells and whistles needed if you want to focus on creating.

Cons

Pricing starts higher compared to other tools, but the advantage of Convertkit is that one email address only counts once, unlike other tools where a subscriber counts multiple times towards your total subscriber amount if that person is added to multiple email lists or campaigns.

Stephanie

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

Life Saver

Due to the ease of ConvertKit I email way more. I am not getting fancy yet with sequences, but in a matter of using it only for 2 weeks, the way the software is set up, I am begging to formulate big picture sequences, strategize campaigns and IN TRUTH, I was never able to look at my health coaching service and online webinars like this because my background is education. As a educator we don't think like this because our students just come to us, the stress of "getting clients" was so large and overwhelming until I found something like convert kit to make me BE more present and visible online. I AM SO GRATEFUL!

Pros

As a person with little to no tech background, truth, I was quite intimidated by this software. HOWEVER, what I love about it, is its dedication to quick videos that give you instant feedback and education to navigate and understand what you are doing. There are tutorials everywhere, in truth you never feel lost or alone or not supported. It is more about (as a new entrepreneur) it is more abut catching up with the scope of what you want to do with it. I initially used it to organize and gather emails and do live broadcast, but together with Leadpages these two have been my go to towards launching my first webinar only using emails in my direct network and slotting 8 out of 10 seats for my webinar. I really was lost in terms of how to manage all these emails and in truth they manage themselves. I What I love the most is how it auto tags/sorts the emails so I can see who responds to what funnel and make me a better and more strategic entrepreneur.

Cons

Nothing yet, I am more impatient with myself because I wish I could understand its full scope fast.

Jacob

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

Convertkit is a solid email marketing platform

My overall experience with convertkit has been positive. I use it everyday so I'm very familiar with it and it gets the job done.

Pros

My favorite thing about convertkit are the easy to setup email automations. The visual builder makes it intuitive and clean.

Cons

My least favorite part of convertkit are the email sequences. When you create long email sequences you have to continually scroll up and down. This should be fixed.

Drip, Mailchimp and AWeber
Kate

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Best Email Marketing Automation for Small Business

I've saved a lot of time just in making any edits to my nurturing sequences because it's easier to find them.

Pros

You can view your automations visually, so this functionality makes it much easier than competitors such as MailChimp because you can easily set up, view, and come back to your automations.

Cons

The 'done for you' merge from your old email marketing system to your new one isn't as easy as they make it seem. I've been working with email automation tools for years, and I was tripped up because the import take different lists and combines them into one. It's much easier to export your lists and tags, and upload each separately.

Sanna
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Love love love!!

Super easy to use!

Pros

I've been using Convertkit for a few years now and just couldn't be happier!! The software is highly flexible to automate my email delivery to a level that makes my new client intake so easy and effortless. Readers still believe I am writing to them personally... ;-) Some think it's spooky how "I just read their minds"... heh...

Cons

The only thing that could be improved but which would be nice to fix is that if I title the email Dear "subscriber", the email itself shows the subscriber's first name but the preview option of the email shows <subscriber's first name>... Kind a looses credibility in these cases. But I came round this problem by not addressing readers by their first name...

JudyAnn
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 27/07/2019

A service that can grow with my business

ConvertKit has excellent support and guidance. It is interesting to receive regular emails from them with suggestions, recommendations and guidance for building my email business successfully. There are workshops for the same purposes.

There is a two week trial. People wanting to test the program should be prepared with a plan and some content before signing up. It is amazing how fast two weeks can go. I did a two week trial, but didn't sign up right away. The second go-round, I was committed and followed through. I felt there were more features available to me after commitment even though I had two weeks for trial again. My feeling after the first trial was not really enthusiastic

Pros

ConvertKit came highly recommended from people whom I respect, including the people at Copyblogger. The forms are simple, but attractive.

Cons

There is a small learning curve that feels a lot longer!

Reviewed on 02/10/2018

Liked it from the start, pricing could be restructured

I moved to ConverKit from aWeber and I also tested a few others. ConverKit wins, mostly because of good user experience solutions.

Pros

Convertkit is easy to use and has the features other autoresponders lacked or failed to implement them properly. You can tag subscribers here and send emails based on different conditions which will automatically apply.

The other great benefit is that you don't pay for subscribers/emails that stopped opening emails and basically are "ghosts", and you don't pay for those that are unsubscribed but remained in database.

Third good thing is that they are constantly working on implementing small new things or improving the tool by adding features, while competition does not change much in their solutions.

Cons

I would like the pricing to be structured differently. Just a 10% lower would make big difference when comparing to competition. Then it would be 'more for the same price'. They offer discounted yearly subscription so that's something. If your list doesn't earn you much it won't pay for costly membership.

Louise

Reviewed on 21/12/2018

Always recommending this to my clients!

I always recommend Convertkit to members of my community, so its a positive experience from me.

Pros

This is such great software for emailmarketing - I can create email sequences, challenges, tag my sign-ups on different categories, see who has opened my emails and so much more.

Cons

Very little! I think the landing pages feature could do with some improvement.

Warren
  • Industry: Internet
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 31/08/2019

A Quality Mailing List Service Offering

I have a client who moved through several mailing lists platforms before landing with ConvertKit and she's stuck with them ever since. We use the platform for blog subscriptions, online courses, and other special email series. It works well, it's easy to navigate, and easy to implement on web pages. It also integrates with many other online services (we recently connected it to Teachable).

Pros

I like how ConvertKit separates the different functions of the platform - Subscribers, Automations, Landing Pages/Forms, Sequences, Broadcasts. This makes it easier to create these pieces independent of each other and connect them with the processes you need them for. The interface is clean and visual. I like the way the email sequences work.

Cons

I don't like how ConvertKit handles subscribers. The platform provides plenty of data on what the subscribers has been exposed to within your processes, but not a lot of data about the subscriber herself. It would be nice to be able to edit or delete subscriber activities without having to delete the subscriber's profile.

Jacob

Reviewed on 06/02/2019

Converkit is the best email software out there.

I really like using Convertkit even with the limitations. It's UI is so good that I've continued to use it even with other more robust tools available.

Pros

I love the interface and how easy it is to create great sequences. The customer support and guides are incredibly useful and add value beyond the product itself. Convertkit is a joy to work with on a daily basis and it makes other email software feel clunky in comparison.

Cons

Convertkit does a few things incredibly well at the expense of several features. It doesn't give URL tracking and tagging like other CRM Autoresponders do and this would be a great feature.