About Benchmark Email

Benchmark Email is a cloud-based email marketing platform. It offers email templates for different occasions and events. It helps users manage email campaigns. It provides Email signup forms on website, blog and social media to...

4.1
3.9
4.2

Browse Benchmark Email Reviews

Bob
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 18/09/2018

My Review of Benchmark Email

Very good! Customer support responded quickly to my inquiries. For emailing your customer base easily and on a regular basis - this is good value for the money.

Pros

I loved the ability to design newsletters and email them directly to my subscribers. They have many different templates for you to choose from. The ease of use made my actual "writing time" for a newsletter minimal.

Cons

I used Benchmark when I first started in online business. It was very easy to use and the price was in my comfort zone. I then tried to set up a couple of "funnels" and could not do so (this was a couple of years ago - so time may have changed). I contacted Customer Support and was informed that the system I was trying to put in place was not available through Benchmark, that they were only for emailing directly. Unfortunately, I had to close my account and move on to a competitor that did allow me to build out my funnels for online marketing.

Noel

Reviewed on 21/02/2022

Easy to use email marketing software

Excellent customer service right from the get go

Pros

I like that Benchmark is clean looking and easy to navigate. You can create an email in no time.
I like the email templates.

Cons

I don't like that I have to create a segment to email a few people in my list.
Also my current website doesn't integrate with Benchmark to save emails. They said they were working on that feature, however. So not Benchmark issue.

Constant Contact and MailerLite

Reasons for Choosing Benchmark Email

MailChimp isn't easy to use and has virtually no customer service. I'm a yoga instructor, not an IT specialist

Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Benchmark Email

No fuss interfaces and easy to use for my small business. Plus I was connected with a very helpful sales rep
Ranjan

Reviewed on 12/06/2019

Using Benchmark for last 8-9 years

Excellent - till a year back
Poor - since the last few months (just unacceptable)
Unless there is restoration of Benchmark used to be, we will stop using the platform

Pros

Ease of use ... pro-active helpdesk
This has been reason that we have been using the platform for so many years

Cons

There has been a serious deterioration in the quality of the platform. Delivery rates have dropped upto by about 90-95% of what it used to be. Frivolous checks have been introduced that even your helpdesk is helpless to explain. Currently the platform as good as useless for us and already we have started working parallel to other platforms where are getting similar results that we used to get using Benchmark.

All our emails through your platform is directed only to our clients or prospective clients who have signed with us to receive communication from us.

Response from Benchmark

Hi Ranjan,

We're sorry to hear that you feel this way. Email is a constantly evolving medium and we work hard to keep our processes up-to-date with best practices to ensure deliverability.

While I don't have the information I need to identify your account and speak to the issues at hand, if you would contact our support team via phone, chat and email, we can review your account to see where we may be able to help.

- Benchmark Team

Replied 10/07/2019

Top Benchmark Email Alternatives

Laura

Reviewed on 06/09/2019

Great Software!

With Benchmark I'm able to communicate with all of my clients, inform them about new deals, and work to promote my business well. Not only that, but Benchmark also provides us with valuable statistics about how our well our email was received.

Pros

This software is extremely organized and user friendly. I am able to navigate my emailed newsletters with ease and convey everything in one place.

Cons

There isn't much I don't enjoy about this product. I will admit there is a bit of a learning curve to the formatting; however, once you get the hang of it it is smooth sailing.

Nikita

Reviewed on 14/03/2020

Loving It!

Very happy!

Pros

As a new user to emailing lists, automations, etc., benchmark has been incredibly user friendly, simple and I actually switched over from mail chimp and much prefer it!

Cons

The pricing is a little high in my opinion with Canadian exchange factored in but otherwise no complains yet!

Mathew

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

simple yet powerful

Pros

benchmark provides a great WYSIWYG editor - much better than most and all of the preset templates are fully responsive. Navigation is simple, the layout is clean, and the reporting functionality is great. seamless automation mapping makes setting up automated campaigns a breeze. GREAT customer service is also a bonus.

Cons

Like most email marketing suites, it can get pricey as subscribership grows a there are lower cost alternatives available but they lack the functionality that benchmark offers. image storage is limited to 10mb without upgrading to unlimited for an additional five a month. Deliverability is ok but could be further improved but is getting better.

Response from Benchmark

Thanks for the review Mathew. We have worked countless hours to get the editor where it's at. It makes our day to read a comment like this :). At this time, email delivery is our top priority and we look forward to continuously improve our sending methods for best delivery to the inbox. Thank you for choosing Benchmark and for taking the time to write this review.

Replied 12/07/2018
LaToya

Reviewed on 23/05/2022

Benchmark

Overall, initially Benchmark was OK. The business problem I was solving with this product was sending out email campaigns.

Pros

The feature I liked the most about Benchmark Email was the automated email campaign.

Cons

The main issue I had with Benchmark was the deliverance of my emails. For some reason, once my emails were sent out, according to the report in Benchmark, emails were not being opened. That was very strange that none of my emails were being opened.

Constant Contact
Bruno

Reviewed on 18/11/2021

A good option, but not the best option

I provide consultancy as a freelancer for the implementation and operation of IT and marketing services for self-employed professionals and small retailers, such as lawyers, dentists and real estate agencies. In order to find a tool to use as a standard for mail marketing, I recently tested Benchmark mail, but I decided not to stick with it.

Pros

Clean, intuitive interface, user doesn't need to learn anything. Just log in and start using. For what it offers, it has a lower monthly price than competitors of the same level.

Cons

I needed customer service support and my issue took days to get answered and resolved. Furthermore, although it is possible to create campaigns, newsletters and customer journeys through automation, on other platforms this can be done in a much more intuitive way.

MailerLite, Sendinblue, Outfunnel, Mailchimp and Dashly
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

good service, some good features, needs photo editor and interface improvement

Good - I use it often to communicate with prospective camp families and staff!

Pros

the email editor is excellent, and the open/click tracking is very good.

Cons

the built-in photo editor is poor. simple things are missing, like rounded corners, circle mask, edge blur and erosion...

The interface is very “clicky” - there are multiple clicks where one will do (e.g. Adding contacts), and pathways you need to click through over and over again (e.g. Look at unopens, resend to unopens). An interface once-over could save hundreds of clicks.

Delivery rates seem to have improved, but were low in Fall 2018. Also AOL seems inclined to auto-mark Benchnark as spam, which Benchmark then lowers your rating for! I had to remove all AOL addresses.

Response from Benchmark

Hello John,

Thanks for the feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and let us know about these issues, they seem as if they're isolated to your account.

Eduardo

Reviewed on 06/09/2022

My Review

Good enough in order to be used for E-Mail Marketing

Pros

It has many Features for e-mail marketing

Cons

It does not offer a trial with enough amount of e-mails included...it offers a very limited features for it and people needs to check quality on this matter first (sometimes)

Sendinblue and SendPulse

I did not do that
Marcy
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 30/05/2019

Great list management and decent email software

Benchmark helps us communicate with our clients in a way that is both easy for us to use and easy on the eyes (for clients).

Pros

Creating and using lists is very easy, especially with the new upgrades! Adding contacts to lists works well with various options. I tend to upload excel files to make new lists, very easy within Benchmark.

I do like that it's easy to merge lists -- and that the software only accepts one contact (if that contact is already on the merge to list).

Somewhat easy to use when creating emails -- selecting blocks and design [but the source code isn't as easy to decipher and use (my commands do not seem to "take").] Using attachments and links and media is pretty easy as well.

The reports (opens, click thrus etc) are very good! [However with the new interface, it's not as easy to back-track to the original Email Report (I find myself having to choose again from the report list).]

Cons

I don't really like that I can't "re-send" emails on my own schedule (not have to wait 1 week after last send).

Also, emails from Benchmark DO get caught up in Junk Spam Trash Promotions folders of recipients and we do need to remind them (often) to check for their email.

Also, when "copying" an email to use and re-name as a new email, I do not like that the software selects the "old" contact list to also mail to -- I've mistakenly sent emails to old contact lists and that was not a good thing in my situation.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Marcy,

Thanks for your feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and let us know about your concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.

- Benchmark Team

Reviewed on 30/05/2019

Easy to use and scalable

Email marketing , small business

Pros

Easy to use and very practical, code, 3th parts options, partnert programs

Cons

Sometimes emails go to spam and reports dont show exactly what happened

Mailchimp

Price and technical support

Response from Benchmark

Hello,

Thanks for your review. Please let us know what you need to see on your reports. We're always improving our features.

- Benchmark Team

Mohammed

Email feedback from

Average

Pros

Good for normal email campaign and good that BM has inbuilt list of unsubscribe and invalid contats

Cons

Not at all suitable for heavy automation no form for opt out like mail chimp offer

Response from Benchmark

Hello Mohammed,

Thank you for the feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and ask us about our Manage Subscription form and share with us other concerns you may have.

- Benchmark Team

• Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

We have been using it for a long time

Pros

This software is practical to use in a daily v

Cons

The e-mail sender is always changing so the receiver can not record the e-mail address in is non spam list.

Response from Benchmark

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, please chat with us, we'd love to assist you on the email sender matter.

- Benchmark Team

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

Looks professional and easy to use

Good. I like the software.

Pros

Looks very professional and designs are gorgeous, giving a high-end and legitimate look for our company. I was also surprised and how easy and intuitive everything is. No need to sit through a training when you can figure everything out on your own, quickly. I especially like the free version.

Cons

The upgrade for a payment plan doesn't seem worth it for what we use it for. We just need the basics, not all the other bells and whistles.

Response from Benchmark

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and high rating.

Whenever you have a moment, chat with us, we'd love to share with you how to get the best out of your paid account.

- Benchmark Team

Lynette
  • Industry: Photography

Great software

Benvhmark is easy to use and hreat product

Pros

Easy to use. Use the software daily and I never have a problem

Cons

Nothing. The software is great to use dsily

Response from Benchmark

Hello Lynette,

Thanks for your review and high rating.

- Benchmark Team

Julie
  • Industry: Wholesale

Good service but inconsistent

It’s good product for the price.

Pros

I like how easy it is to manipulate and how quickly it sends immediate messages. Scheduled messages are always on time. Very easy to use and generally quick to create messages that are effective.

Cons

Sometimes the “from” address changes even when sent from the same account. Also, sometimes the messages don’t appear like the samples to the same email platform.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Julie,

Thank you for the feedback.

Please don't doubt in calling us whenever you have a concern.

- Benchmark Team

Laura
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Simplified E-mail Communications

We've been using it for years, with very few issues.

Pros

Generally, it's very easy to use, and very intuitive. I love the fact that I can remove the Benchmark logo so that I'm not advertising Benchmark, but promoting our company's products instead.

Cons

Once in a while, it can get quirky, and not let me set things up exactly as I'd like. In those instances, Customer Support has been helpful to resolve issues.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Laura,

Thank you for the review.

- Benchmark Team

User experience

We are using benchmark for sending new product information and training announcements to all our clients and this is also helping us capture clients who are looking for more details on the program.

Pros

Precise report is generated for each email campaign which is easy to review and reflect on campaign performance

Cons

Cleaning up hard bounce emails accounts is taking long time as Benchmark doesn't have one client remove hard bounce accounts from all contact list

An option to download the report would be much appreciated as it will help us reduce manual report generation, which needs to be submitted to management every week.

Response from Benchmark

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and ask us about a solution for cleaning hard bounces and to export your needed report.

- Benchmark Team

Bryan
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 30/05/2019

Great features, better price!

Overall, we have experienced no issues with Benchmark. Our sales team is utilizing specific templates to enhance their communications to prospective customers and our slaes flyers are getting a broader reach.

Pros

This software is easy to use and navigate through. Easy to train non-HTML users how to create simple emails.

Cons

The survey functionality is very limited within the software.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Bryan,

Thank you for the feedback and high rating!

- Benchmark Team

mike
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 09/07/2018

Excellent email marketing tool and possibly the best free start up package available.

It has allowed to start my email campaign with no initial outlay. For someone starting out in internet marketing this service is hard to beat.

Pros

Free to open your account and gather up to 2000 subscribers, making this service hard to beat for entrepreneurs to get started in email marketing. Very simple to use and understand.

Cons

A little more Wordpress integration would be very welcome and the selection of sign up forms is a little limited.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Mike! Thanks for the review. Our free account allows startups to test the waters with email marketing to prove it's success without spending a dime! In regards to Wordpress, have you tried our plugin? You can find it by searching for "Benchmark Email Lite" in Wordpress. If you would like to see improvements on the plugin, please don't hesitate to reach out with your suggestions. We'd love to hear your ideas.

Replied 10/07/2018
Kara

Benchmark Email for small business

Pros

Very easy to use, especially to take a previous email and update with current content.

Cons

Sometimes graphics/image restrictions can alter your images.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Kara,

Thank you for your feedback.

Images are a big part of Email Marketing campaigns, we're working on always providing the best experience. Let us know when these restrictions are affecting you.

- Benchmark Team

Mandy
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 20/06/2017

Easy to Use

Pros

It was pretty easy to use. I liked the variety of templates and the reports were very useful. I like the sign up forms.

Cons

I didn't understand the segments. I switched back to my old email list because I was more familiar with it and it tied in with some other items that I needed to do with my website, specifically the landing pages.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Mandy,

Thanks for the feedback! In regards to the segments, I would love to understand your current workflow to see if we can help you with our segments. I know changing to a new interface can sometimes be a challenge but I'm sure with a few tips of guidance you can be a segmenting pro in Benchmark!
Please let us know if you would like to setup a call to understand your workflow and see what we can do in your Benchmark account.
Thanks!
- Daniel Miler

Replied 13/07/2017
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 20/06/2017

Benchmark email has afforded us the abolity to communicate with ease to our contacts.

Pros

It is extremely easy to use because of templates and graphical interface. The A.B. testing is very helpful as well.

Response from Benchmark

Hello James,

Communication is key for any relationship. Thank you for trusting us with such an important aspect of your organization.

If you haven't tried our new automation tool yet, I highly recommend you do! Automation Pro is a game changer for email marketing.

All the best!
- Daniel Miller

Replied 13/07/2017
Mitch

Reviewed on 18/08/2016

Terrible support and errors on site.

I was very excited to try Benchmark due to its high reviews in various places. I am extremely disappointed by the lack of support received from my national account manager, Tom Mitchell. First he emails to ask if he can help with any questions, then he doesn't respond even with a simple help article about why an email might be "under review," and after I provided screenshots and detailed analysis of HIS product's problems, he wanted to deflect me to chat support. I'm a chief strategy officer. I'm not going to use live chat support, sorry. It seems like this platform is meant for small fries and not for real businesses. I'll be going over to Mailchimp or Constant Contact... they'll at least make an effort to win my business.

Pros

Easy to use.

Cons

The support received from the company over a simple error with an email "opens" report.

Response from Benchmark Email

Hello Mitch,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am sorry and disappointed that we weren't able to provide the level of service you expected. As you mention, we are always highly rated and we pride ourselves in having an excellent customer service and support team. I will be sure to take this feedback to our team so we can learn from our mistakes and impress our users with our product and service. Again, apologizes from the team and we hope the next time you try us, we can exceed your expectations!

Replied 12/12/2016