About MailerLite

MailerLite is a cloud-based email marketing solution. Key features include campaign reporting, email automation, subscriber list management and result tracking. The solution helps users to design email campaigns in the form of...

4.8
4.8

Browse MailerLite Reviews

1,456 of 1,460 reviews
Giuseppe

Reviewed on 05/11/2022

A great discovery

Pros

I have to say that in my career I tried a lot of software like this and in better or worse cases you get an email campaign delivered well. What I liked so much about this software is first of all the clean interface that makes a pleasure to setup and configure the whole software, start campaigns, and automation. The editor email surprised me since it is very well done compared also to more expensive and experienced software. In the end I have to say that the value for money of this software is higher than the average. With a free account you can have up to 1k users, send campaign and also setup automation which is great. Totally recommended!

Cons

I'm still using it and so far I didn't had reasons to contact the customer support, so nothing to say.

ActiveCampaign and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Value for money is higher
Antony

Reviewed on 22/11/2022

Easy, complete and affordable

Great experience overall with great support which is essential when things get serious. Higly recommended and not just for pricing reasons.

Pros

Ease of use, immediate support and the fact that you really do have everything you need (exotic features missing is of no importance), is what I like most on MailerLite.One great future too, is that you get to pay only for the unique emails used, thus allowing you to duplicate lists and run your campaigns exactly as you need to, without paying extra.

Cons

I would like to have a better search and mass management option when it comes to subscribers handling and maybe some degrees of extra "freedom" or customization on ready to use tools when designing an email.

Zoho Mail and Mad Mimi

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Better pricing options and greater control over my lists of subscribers. Exceptional support in minutes as well.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Easy to use, very easy to add users at no extra cost, great pricing scheme and high responsive support.
Temima
  • Industry: Executive Office

Reviewed on 28/11/2022

My most-recommended software

Overall, I am highly satisfied with the product and will continue recommending it.

Pros

MailerLite makes it so easy to get started with email marketing. They do make you jump through a few hoops to verify your account if you don't have a website, but that contributes to their high deliverability rate.Once your account is approved, you can import your subscribers and send a campaign in less than an hour. And their customer service is top-notch!

Cons

There are a few advanced features that MailerLite is missing, so if you will be relying heavily on evergreen funnels to fuel your business, I would not recommend MailerLite.

ConvertKit and ActiveCampaign

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

I chose MailerLite over their competitors because you can't beat the offering on the free plan, or the ease of use as compared to other platforms.

Top MailerLite Alternatives

Camilla
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 19/11/2022

Mailerlite is THE BEST marketing tool for solopreneurs who want powerful+userfriendly...

Excellent.

Pros

I am LOVING the new Mailerlite!Please send my praise to the product development team and the support team:You provide an amazing service!There are 3 critical reasons I want to stay with Mailerlite and recommend it to all my colleagues:The new advanced functions are much needed and on point, the ease of use, and the amazing customer support – at a reasonable price for a solopreneur.

Cons

When the new Mailerlite was launched, the migration functionality from the old to the new version took months to come. So I ended up having to do a lot of the migration manually, which was time-consuming. And in that time I paid for 2 subscriptions. I think this launch could have been organized better. But this is the only con I have, and now it's over. Because of all the Pros, I am still a happy Mailerlite user. I do think they deliver on the value, so I can look through my fingers with this hiccup.

ConvertKit, Flodesk, Podia, WordPress, Kartra, Mailchimp and AWeber

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Mailerlite had more advanced options on the free level when I was just starting out. Automation was key here.Also: Mailerlite is way more user-friendly and intuitive than any other email marketing service I've used.I've tried: Active Campaign, MailChimp, Podia, Kajabi, AWeber. (Even though it offers critical advanced options.)

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Because I had an amazing experience with the free plan, so it was convenient just to stay with Mailerlite as I grew. It offers everything I need to grow. And is intuitive and has affordable, competitive pricing.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 11/11/2022

Email marketing for the every day user

Pros

MailerLite delivers all of the features of the big name competitors for a fraction of the cost. All without sacrificing the quality. MailerLite appears to be built from the ground up by developers that understand what the every day business owner needs to run an email campaign, and they deliver it all the way to the customer inbox.

Cons

Some of the automation processes can get tricky and we wish the support sections were a little more thorough to help speed us the process of figuring out how things work.

Konstantinos

Reviewed on 27/10/2022

An excellent service.

Amazing! Not only is it a reliable service overall, but it integrates with most popular platforms, and works very well. To make the experience even better, there is a friendly and knowledgeable support team to assist you quickly and conveniently should you need any questions answered.

Pros

It is easy to work with, and integrates well with most popular platforms.

Cons

The fact that there exist some bugs in the back end. Also the fact that due to this being a transitional period, there exist both an old and a new Mailerlite versions, which might create some confusion for daily users, both in terms of UI, and UX.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Mostly it was because of the lower cost of Mailerlite's, but also the UI was friendlier.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

It was the better choice overall.
Tiffany

Reviewed on 06/10/2022

Amaaazing service, so easy to use and must have features

I have been using Mailerlite for myself and clients for years and find it so easy to use and their support is top class. I have worked with other well know email platforms before and they don't compare with Mailerlite.

Pros

Mailerlite automations are super easy to set up, the interface makes it clear and friction free

Cons

I find the grouping and segmenting slightly confusing but support is always on hand and super quick to reply

ConvertKit, ActiveCampaign and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Mailchimp became too complex and not easy to use plus they have made the automation feature as a paid plan.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Price, user experience and support

Response from MailerLite

Price, user experience and support - A triple threat if I must say so myself! Thank you for your review, Tiffany.

Replied 10/10/2022
Peg

Reviewed on 29/09/2022

A Welcome Answer

The best.

Pros

From the beginning MailerLite was easy to use, intuitive despite its comprehensive offerings. I didn't expect to be able to do so much, and switched anyway. And then came the surprise of how complete it was. I have had nothing but great experiences with support. The built-in explanations are thorough and clear, but live support is just an email and a few minutes ' wait away. I love MailerLite and just talked to a former colleague about it. He's in the process of switching from our old favorite. I don't think you can do better.

Cons

Strange to say, the biggest challenge was that I thought it was harder to use than I thought. Now that I'm just following my intuition, my best guess of what to do, I have no problems with it at all.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

They used to be a great little company. Now you just can't get the generous help and support, in my experience. Plus it's getting pricey. I'm enjoying MailerLite.

Constant Contact

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Simpler, recommended by other writers. I poked around in it and didn't like what I saw - don't remember the details.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 30/08/2022

Streamlined, Yet Powerful Tool for email Marketing Campaigns

Pros

I have used a number of competing email tracking programs and MailerLite is by far the most streamlined and easy to use I have come across. That said, it doesn't sacrifice any of the capability. I have run multiple email marketing campaigns with it (soliciting reviews for fiction novels and album releases) and was delighted with MailerLite's flexibility and power. It integrates seamlessly with Gmail (as well as other mail clients), giving users the power to imbed tracking on a per-message basis with the simple click of a toggle button. As my campaigns featured hundreds of individually customized email, the per-message tracking was critical. It pushed alerts when a message was opened or a link was clicked and provided useful statistical summaries of engagement on demand. I continue to use MailerLite any time I need to gage (and track) email engagement.

Cons

I have no complaints about MailerLite's functionality--it is easy to use, is full featured, and integrates well with other email apps. However, in order to disable the "this message is tracked by MailerLite" footer included in the message, users need to pay an annual subscription fee. Given how intrusive that message looks, I had no choice but to pay the fee. That said, the fee seemed reasonable given the power of the software.

HubSpot Marketing Hub and MailTrack

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

I switched to MailerLite because of its competitive pricing and complete functionality.

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

I chose MailerLite because of its competitive pricing and owing to the fact that it had the features I required in an email tracking client.

Response from MailerLite

We're so glad to hear we cover all your needs with our features.

Replied 28/09/2022
Melanie Latrelle
  • Industry: Design
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 20/08/2022

I've been using MailerLite for business for years!!

I've been using MailerLite for my business for years. It has served all of my email marketing needs and lead generation leads. I've seen other platforms, however I have chosen to stick with MailerLite because it is easy to use and the support is great, and the platform has stayed consistent and serves me well in my business.

The free version offers so much for new business owners to get started. MailerLite is a fully comprehensive email marketing platform.

Pros

Ever since I started my first business, I've been using MailerLite. I did research other competitors, however their platforms were not as easy to use as MailerLite. I love that as a new business owner, I was able to get on a free plan to get started and be able to send out emails and do automations. The platform is easy to use and understand. I love how I can integrate forms into my website for lead generation and for capturing contact information.

I use this platform for email automations when people subscribe to my freebie. I also use it for sending beautifully designed emails - there are many customization options. I like using the landing page feature for my freebie offer as well. On my contact page, I've embedded a MailerLite form to capture contact information for my leads.

MailerLite makes it easy for me to gather email addresses, send out campaigns, and monitor engagement.

Cons

I would like more options to customize the embedded forms so that it blends seamlessly into my custom website design.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Mailchimp was confusing to use and not easy to understand. Also, I was helping a client with Mailchimp and it was malfunctioning and not sending out emails properly. We were both frustrated that a simple feature was not working properly. I like MailerLite because it functions as expected every time.

Response from MailerLite

Thanks a bunch for sharing your experience with us. We're also happy to hear your feedback on how we can improve.

Replied 31/08/2022
Rosie

Reviewed on 06/08/2022

Best Platform For Email Marketing & Management On A Budget

I Love Mailer Lite! It has great features, it has an inexpensive entry price, and an easy drag-and-drop editor which makes for quick design. I always recommend it for clients on a budget or just starting out because they can learn on a free platform that allows them to use quite a few functions while they are getting their feet wet. With all the features available there is so much that can be done, from scheduled email sequences, evergreen sequences, or email campaigns for specific promotions. Overall great experience.

Pros

The free package has a ton of features that allows you to test the capabilities of Mailer Lite without paying for it. You get a very large starter number for your list before you have to pay and the fee when you do is very minimal. The functionality and templates available on the free package again allow you to see what you can potentially do. You can schedule emails as well as set up campaigns. Integrations include Website platforms as well as using API so it can be added almost anywhere. You can also track the metrics of your campaigns as well as overall and individual opens on campaigns.

Cons

Their templates are not very creative or exciting, so unless you have some of your own creative ideas, you are stuck with what they have. The templates are editable with their drag-and-drop editor. The platform has great functions but does not have as much design flex as some of the other platforms, so needs some work on that part. Their UX could also use some work to be more friendly to users who are not as tech-savvy

Margaret
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 06/07/2022

Best Email Delivery Product

We are able to deliver a lot of work to our subscribers easily and reliably. Whether we have time to preplan a piece, or need to push a message out quickly, we are always able to get this done easily through Mailerlite. The software is an asset to our work.

Pros

We were able to move from our other platform and set up on Mailerlite quickly, even though we have a low technical IQ. Very intuitive and a lot of great help articles and videos. However, when we are stumped, the chat support is excellent. Quick and immediate responses. Always helpful even when it is our error.

Cons

We would like more design flexibility for the emails, landing pages and websites. We do not have an html background, so rely on the prebuilt blocks and templates for most of our pieces. However, what is prebuilt is really good.

Constant Contact

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Mailchimp was not as easy for us to use. When we learned they were censoring their clients messages during the 2020 election, it made the decision easier for us to leave, as we wanted to work off a platform supported by a company that focused on providing a good product, and not political agendas.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Our computer tech company recommended Mailerlite and we really liked how the product functioned in comparison to other platforms.

Response from MailerLite

Thank you for leaving such a thorough and helpful review for us, Margaret. We're glad to hear that it's been feeling intuitive setting up MailerLite and that we've been helpful when needed.

Replied 13/07/2022
Kevin

Reviewed on 22/06/2022

Great mailing system

A great overall package that's made a real difference to our scope and reach. Particularly helpful are the automation and modal options for signups. Great reporting too!

Pros

This is an easy-to-use, easy to setup, and easy to maintain system, that doesn't cost the earth for smaller businesses. Great set of features with easy mail construction tools, and some great visual features for better email appearances. Also has easy database management and personalisation tools.

Cons

Not much. Pruning and managing subs database is always painful, but not particularly more so in MaileLite. The builder is goog, but could do with some more specialist modules relevant to book publishers, perhaps.

Sendinblue and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

YMLP was a bit outdated, and didn't offer the features and visual quality of MailerLite.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Mostly price-vs-customer database size, but available features was abig part of our decision, with MailerLite offering more features for construction, and ease of use for our less-tech savvy staff.
Tracey
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 27/05/2022

Easy to use and good functionality

Overall MailerLite is my favourite email marketing software. It's easy to use, has many functions and is intuitive to use so you don't have to fumble around trying to find out to do things! Knowledge base is good and if you need help tech support is there. The Free version has everything you need if you're just starting out and all our accounts started on the free version for a few weeks until we reached the maximum number of contacts.

Pros

The drag and drop interface is easy to use and there's also an HTML option if you want to get really specific with your layout. Automation is so simple compared to other mailing platforms I've used. This is key to our marketing strategy and makes life a lot easier than before! The price is good too.
If you have more than one account ( we have 6 ) it's easy to switch between them without having to logout and log back in.

Cons

A minor point but when you set up a campaign and use a template you can't go back and change the template. If the template isn't exactly how you want it you have to start the campaign from scratch.
Occasionally it's slow to load, especially the drag and drop interface.
But these are both minor points.

Response from MailerLite

We'd love how thorough you've been Tracey! Thank you so much for your kind words.

Replied 02/06/2022
Alison

Reviewed on 29/04/2022

MailerLite is the Chick-fil-a of the online space

Best experience ever. Seriously.

Pros

Moving to MailerLite was one of the best decisions I ever made for my business. Having everything in one space – email, client management, landing pages, website – is SO convenient and saves me so much time and money. The integration between all of those features makes tracking customer engagement incredibly easy. The editor for landing pages, websites, automations, and emails is intuitive and full of great features. But what really impresses me, time and again, is the customer service. No one likes it when stuff glitches or they run into an issue, but I can say with 100% sincerity and honesty that I actually LOOK FORWARD to interacting with the MailerLite customer service team. They are quick to respond, easy to understand (not sure if they're all native English speakers, but they sure come across as such), clear in their instruction, and seemingly always in a good mood. It doesn't matter how frustrated I am with whatever issue I'm experiencing, I always leave a MailerLite customer service exchange with a smile on my face.

Cons

Occasionally the editor function gets a little temperamental and doesn't want to format text correctly.

Eloy Millennia
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 12/03/2022

An amazing solution to email marketing!

The insights we gained about our email marketing, just by looking at the statistics and analytics of our campaigns, are stunningly beneficial! MailerLite helped us increase our revenue by more than 100%, just by testing and improving our email content.

Pros

The drag-and-drop template builder is very easy to use and the created templates show in every email client I can think of. So far, nobody had to open our email in their browser because of displaying issues.

Cons

Unfortunately there are no integrations available for our webshop platform called OpenCart.

Sendinblue

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

I try to keep this short but there's a lot wrong with MailChimp. They kept bothering us with their own marketing emails and their very own unsubscribe link didn't work, for several months while I used their platform. I wouldn't trust this giant with our company emails. Maybe it changed by this time, but it was a huge pain to get in touch with their own customer service. I get the feeling that MailChimp has become a bit arrogant about their position on the market. Their paid plans are too limited and expensive, simply because they can.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Our marketing agency recommended MailerLite. MailerLite simply stands out because of the clarity and transparency about its paid plans. No limits, other than your number of subscribers and emails sent. It just makes sense! Every alternative I could find has limitations on layouts, templates, or even has elements on templates that you could only use if you upgrade your plan. Nothing feels worse than constantly being confronted with features you cannot use, while paying for a product you expect to be fully functioning.

Response from MailerLite

What an amazing achievement you guys have done with your revenue. We're so proud to hear this!

We'd love to share your story and get to know more about it. Feel free to reply to us, so we can have a chat.

Replied 15/03/2022
Kathie

Reviewed on 10/03/2022

Excellent Product

Ease of use and cost too had me from the very beginning. I love the app and can check my metrics quickly all day long.

Pros

I have used everything from Constant Contact to ConvertKit. Most recently I was with Kajabi which is very expensive and very clunky. On all the other platforms I kept hitting glitches. Kajabi was very slow and the analytics were zero!!!! Mailerlite beats everyone hands down. It’s easy to use, quick, and to the point. The cost beats everyone out there. Don’t let the price fool you. It’s worth it’s weight in gold!!

Cons

Once I got to more advanced options like integrations there were a few hitches but customer service stepped up to help quickly and efficiently. Maybe they have this but I’d love to have alerts when someone subscribes or at least 1 alert daily so it’s easy to keep track of.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Kajabi was cost and a slow glitch that sent a segment to my entire list. Zero analytics and just not as aesthetic as it should be for that cost!!!!! All the others: cost and not easy to use.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

It was not easy to set up. I needed a form in my blog posts and couldn’t figure out how to do that.

Response from MailerLite

Hey Kathie, we got you covered. Just have a look at this article that might help you set up some handy notifications.

Replied 15/03/2022
Mojca

Reviewed on 21/02/2022

I use it for myself, for my clients and I teach others how to use it. I really like this tool for campagnes, landing pages, and forms. At this moment I have no need to search for any other tool because I am fully satisfied with Mailerlite.

Pros

I love how easy is MailerLite to use. You can find everything on Youtube and their academy. The most I like are the analytics and click map. If I consider the results I can improve my work every time.

Cons

Sometimes it takes too long to save the work. It is a bit slow. I can not think of any other minuses about Mailerlite.

Simplicity

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

To complicated, to many functions that are necessary in that kind of tool (Facebook adds - for example)

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Price, simplicity, help desk, videos on You tube
Claude
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 19/02/2022

This is my second review for MailerLite, and I have only grown to love it more!

Of all the services that I use, it is the only one which still maintains a 100% satisfaction rating with me.

Pros

I was originally drawn to MailerLite because of the ability to automate sequences. I would keep it for that one thing alone. But the service just keeps getting better.

Cons

Although I understand the necessity for limitations - I would love to have more than a 100-step sequence (I know that that would not be necessary for most people. But you actually have so many options in the automation sequences, that you can actually go a bit crazy with it. However - it is because of these options that everyone who responds to me, actually thinks that I am physically typing out each email and mailing them directly... Which is, of course, the goal... To mail as many people as possible, but for each of those people to feel like they are getting my direct and personal attention at every step of the way...

So a lift on, or at least a raising of, the cap for steps in automation sequences.

Jade C

Reviewed on 18/02/2022

Happy Mailerlite Customer!

MailerLite helps me reach my readers with beautiful emails that are simple to design, and their tracking features let me know how successful a particular campaign has been.

Pros

Some of the things I love about Mailerlite are the affordability, the ease of use, the knowledge base, and--when you can't figure out how to do something--STELLAR customer service. Every time I've had to reach out to someone, they've helped me quickly, giving me the information I need and the tools to find what I need next time. And they are consistently improving. Several years ago, I switched from another provider to Mailerlite to save money and expected fewer bells and whistles, but Mailerlite has not disappointed me.

Cons

There are minor automation features I'd love to see deployed in the future, but when I say minor, I mean it. I could live without those tweaks for the rest of my life and still be thrilled.

ConvertKit

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Cost. Mailchimp's pricing got to be too much for me. I also tried other services and found MailerLite to be more affordable without sacrificing service.

Affordability.

Response from MailerLite

So glad to hear that we've been able to support your business and help you reach your audience. Thanks a lot for the review, Jade.

Replied 22/02/2022
Nicole
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 21/01/2022

Incredible value for the money

In addition to its low price relative to its features, what I appreciate most about MailerLite is its customer service. As I mentioned earlier, I have yet to come across a problem that someone on the MailerLite team wasn't able to help me solve. I love that they use screenshots to show me exactly how I can fix a problem. Also, they are FAST. I think the longest I have ever had to wait for an answer to one of my questions is an hour. More often, they respond in ten minutes or less. They are amazing!

Pros

I use MailerLite for nearly everything related to my small Internet business. I use it to reach my people weekly, to announce new products, to automatically introduce new subscribers to my work, to offer giveaways, to launch new products, and more. I really enjoy that it has so many features--nearly every feature I need, in fact--and is so easy to use. I have yet to have a problem with any aspect of my email marketing that MailerLite has been unable to solve or help me with.

Cons

Honestly, the only thing I wish MailerLite did that they don't already do is have an evergreen countdown timer. They have a fixed-date countdown timer that I use with my launches, but they don't have an evergreen timer that you can use within automations (that go out any time). I know that feature is under review, but I don't know when or if they have plans to implement it.

Response from MailerLite

Hey Nicole, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a great review. We have been indeed reviewing new features, and we are in the midst of exciting new things. Keep an eye out :)

I would also love to add your review in our database and use it for future testimonial - feel free to reply and let us know if it's okay, we can then have a chat!

Replied 01/02/2022
Scott

Reviewed on 27/11/2021

MailerLite is the perfect email marketing solution for me

I think I went two years before having to email MailerLite my first question, and I got a response in a few hours that answered my question right off the bat. It just does what it's supposed to without any hiccups or hassles.

Pros

Intuitive interface, great product for the price, and - on the rare occasions I've contacted support - super-fast, friendly, and helpful replies from the support team.

Cons

I would love to be able to have elements in email templates auto-update without having to manually pull up and edit every single saved email in my campaigns/autoresponders. For example, if I release a new book and want to update a footer image profiling my books (that I use in the template for most of my autoresponders), right now I have to manually update every email in the autoresponders. Mailerlite has some templates elements that are dynamic, but after emailing their support, they confirmed what I want to do isn't currently supported with dynamic elements. Fingers crossed they'll fix this in the future.

Constant Contact and AWeber

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Mailchimp's change in billing a few years back and my recurring problems with their editor (which their IT department could not solve) eventually drove me away after years of using it.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Best suite of features I need at this time for a great price. I may outgrow MailerLite down the road - or may not - but right now it's the no-brainer choice for my email marketing needs.

Response from MailerLite

Thanks so much for the kind words. We appreciate the feedback on auto-updating elements.

Feel free to also add this on the request list (you can find this when you log in via your profile button on the top right). This way, other users can upvote and help us get these type of features worked on faster!

Replied 01/12/2021
Monica
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 12/11/2021

Only The Inexperienced User Grumbles About Mailerlite

If you haven't figured out that Mailerlite is one of those hills I die on in loving the app, then you didn't read my review thoroughly

Pros

I work primarily with authors. As a general rule, authors are control freaks (I know, I'm one myself.) Whenever I hear complaints about Mailerlite open rates, click throughs, management etc. as a loyal customer, I counter with my extended use of the app, how long it takes to build an audience, stop expecting immediate magical results that NO mailing list vendor can give you. The app is the tool, the user needs to know how to manipulate it to their advantage by know how to entertain, hone their lists, and maximize their mailings. MOST OF ALL EMAIL REPUTATION is crucial. Few users get that. A smaller tighter list of 5k subscribers is worth more than a list of 15k because most of that 15k sign up then never read or click through. Wastes money, time, and message focusing.

I have NEVER had any of the problems I see others complain about. No one can be an expert in everything, and while newsletters are crucial to an author, few of them get that it take a strong understanding of mailing list marketing, and creative thinking to use Mailerlite to it's fullest potential.
IMHO Mailerlite can't be beat with their innovative offerings for the budget-mined businesses. BUT you need to know how to use it. Most complainers have unrealistic expectations. They're not looking at the overall picture. The only other vendor I would choose over Mailerlite is AC, but I can manage w/o extra bells and whistles because my expertise is in marketing and the app's abilities to build strong lists.

Cons

The only thing I wish Mailerlite had is some of the detailed tracking that Active Campaign offers, but that requires a lot of programming, and would cost more. I also wish they could transfer over the ability for more custom design that can be applied to everything I create template or email wise. When I have to recreate things, it takes time, and that costs my clients money. Also, lately there seems to be some server delays as certain times of the day the app churns while trying to get from one place to another. But AC has similar problems. I don't know if that's completely their fault though with more and more people working from home, it's bound to impact local traffic on the user's end. However, I'm on 5G and I still have issues with load times . So it's something they need to be aware.

Response from MailerLite

I think your phrase "one of those hills I die on" genuinely just make me spit the tea out of my mouth.

Thank you so much for such an amazing review - I always find it amazingly entertaining to read reviews that have been very creatively crafted and left behind.

I would love to ask you for some details and send you a little gift from my end. Feel free to reply to this, and we can get in touch.

Replied 18/11/2021
Eli
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 06/10/2021

Outstanding Product, World Class Customer Service

Five stars. Seriously, this is the best platform I've ever used. Again, I can't rave enough about the customer service. Whenever I have a question, I don't even bother digging through online forums or google searches. I just hit the chat box, and five minutes later I have my answer (usually accompanied by a meme...I told you these guys have a sense of humor). This level of easy access to customer service makes dealing with my mailing lists EASY, and if you've ever dealt with a convoluted platform like MailChimp, you know what a dream that is.

The platform itself is also so easy to navigate and understand. Once I know where I feature or tool is located, I almost never have to ask where to find it again, even if I don't use it for a few months. That's because the platform is user-centric, logical, and clean. MailerLite also seems to invest effort into regularly updating and optimizing the platform so that it stays clean and usable.

Add to that the incredible value of the product (MailerLite's prices are some of the best in the business) and you have a real winner.

Pros

I've used mailing lists as a core of my marketing strategies for various businesses since 2011, and MailerLite is far and away the best. Many mailing list services are built around impossibly complex and counter-intuitive platforms that leave you searching for functions and features every time you need to use them. Not MailerLite. MailerLite is so simple and easy to use, and if you ever have a question, one of their expert customer service reps is only a quick instant message away. These guys are absolute experts. I've literally never had a question they couldn't answer, or find the answer to. They have a sense of humor, too, and I never have to wait very long to talk to one.

Cons

Early on in my adoption of MailerLite I did have some issues with the software loading slowly, and occasionally not loading at all. I think these were just growing pains, and I've not had any issues for a while now.

One feature MailerLite does not have that I really wish they would add is a tagging system. They offer what they call "groups", which are basically buckets to put various subscribers in. I wish there was a way to tag a subscriber with a note like "first time buyer" or whatever, so that I could then segment parts of groups later for more detailed targeting. I use groups more like lists. Most mailing list providers offer lists and tags. MailerLite seems to have merged both of these functions into one, calling them groups. The downside of this is that if you use groups as tags, and you like to use a really detailed tagging system, you end up with an absolute mess of groups, with some subscribers in multiple groups. It's not clean.

Other than this, I really have no complaints. I miss tags, but not enough to give up the extreme usability and outstanding value that MailerLite brings over overpriced and convoluted options like MailChimp (yeah, I'm gonna name names).

Response from MailerLite

Hey Eli, you are such a star for giving us such an amazing and thorough review. We love honest feedback and think this is important for users to see.

We've been collecting some reviews we love to share on our website, and this just might be one of them! If you are okay to do so, could you reply to my email? We can chat further!

Replied 26/10/2021
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 17/09/2021

One of the best email marketing solutions I've found (and I've tried them ALL!)

So far (for the past six months) I've been working on a free plan, and haven't even begun to dig into what MailerLite can REALLY do for power users, but I've been extremely happy with what I've been able to accomplish with them so far. Remain very impressed with the number/quality of features. As an aside, they send a newsletter that is among the most helpful I've received.

Pros

Having tried other competitors, I've found MailerLite to be among the most intuitive, and DEFINITELY offers the most bang for the buck. So far, I haven't encountered any major issues. The process of uploading and cleaning subscriber lists, configuring lists & groups, managing signup forms, and setting up/sending campaigns + automated series' has been painless compared to the other email marketing solutions I've tried. Everything works as expected, and it doesn't take a long time to accomplish the small weekly email tasks I need to do. They have a number of good integrations and I particularly appreciate how they can work with Woocommerce. It's also been nice to be able to add users with different roles.

Cons

So far my one real complaint is that working in the backend can feel a bit slow at times. It's also a small gripe, but editing forms takes a bit longer than it should, as you have to click through a few screens to finally save your updated form.

ConvertKit

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

I was with Mailchimp for years, but it had become extremely expensive and I could no longer justify what my newsletters were costing to send. I tried SendinBlue but onboarding was a mess and the backend was extremely clunky. I switched to Flodesk, but unfortunately, they seem to be working through a lot of issues that are to be expected when a product is still in beta. MailerLite seemed to be the best value, and after having used it for the last six months, I definitely believe it is.

Sendinblue and Mailchimp

Cost

Response from MailerLite

Glad to have you with us. Sharing a little secret with you today, we have heard our users and their feedback and there are some excited things in store in the future that might make all your cons go away for good.

Keep an eye out :)