About Flipdish

Flipdish is a cloud-based solution designed to help restaurants, hotels, takeaways, cafés or bars process and manage online orders through custom branded mobile applications and websites. Features include sales analytics, reward...

4.8
4.8
4.9
4.9

Browse Flipdish Reviews

Luca

Reviewed on 29/06/2018

Second to none customer experience. Amazing app functionality and fantastic user dashboard for...

There are many benefits to this software that all add up. A huge benefit is having customers create their own orders and thus eliminating human error of missing items over the phone or incorrect special requests. The orders come in quickly, in an easy to read format reducing the time of taking an order over the phone from minutes to seconds. As a result we can also use codes for discounts and promotions, deliver them straight to the customers phone and even give special vouchers for free meals.

This app now allows you to advertise to your customers without leaving the business to deliver leaflets, and without worrying will Facebook show all my page followers my post.

The benefit of allowing card payments is also one to note as it reduces cash in store which in tern can speed up customer service as the payment process in store is removed and the customer simply walks in and walks out.

Pros

What I love most about this software is a draw between two of its functionalities. As an app for users, its extremely easy to use interface can be priceless attracting new customers who may be weary of this type of technology. Everything about it's order process instills confidence that the order has been sent and the process went smoothly.

The second functionality is the data dashboard for us as owners. To put it simply it removes all guess work behind the typical question of what drives our sales. It's presented as both easy to read graphs and also in a downloadable format for those who wish to run excel sheets. You'll soon find out your truly most profitable items, events, delivery locations, even hour of the day.

Cons

Having been with Flipdish very early on, I've never once had an instance where I thought to myself "I don't like this".

Response from Flipdish

Hi Luca, Good to hear all is going well. Thanks for the feedback.Kind Regards, Conor, CEO @ Flipdish

Replied 12/07/2018
RUTH

Reviewed on 06/04/2018

I find Flipdish to be a great company with excellent customer service

Pros

The software is very user friendly and easy to navigate. I like that I can reconcile the daily reports to our shop sales for the accounts. The software allows me to have a good overview of the sales per our stores on a daily basis which is important for my accounts reconciliations. The reports also help to look at key trends in the order history. The reports show individual shop sales separately which is very useful. If I have any problems or queries with the software, the customer service team are excellent and always respond back to my queries promptly. The customer service follow through is excellent and the team are always friendly and helpful.

Cons

I generally don't have any major issues with using the software. Overall, I find it to be very user friendly and good to use. What I like least about the software is the large size of the excel export files on the back office. The CSV export file can be quite large with a lot of columns and data that I don't use. This can sometimes be cumbersome to filter and sort to get the information out that I may need for reconciliation purposes. This is the only negative that I have on the usability of the software and the export reports.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review of Flipdish. It's terrific to read how powerful you find the reporting functionality to be for Bombay Pantry, allowing you to view sales by stores and key trends in order history. Thanks for sharing your feedback, it is constructive feedback like this which helps us to continue to improve for our customers. We are planning many updates to our reporting this year which we think will continue to add value for you. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Jackie

Reviewed on 28/06/2022

Flipdish's handle customer disputes

I used Flipdish for more than 1 year for my ghost kitchen location. It has been great until there is a dispute with one of the customers. This customer filed a dispute for online purchases between March 2022 to May 2022, a total of more than $900. Flipdish did not contact our company about this dispute and immediately refunded $967.48 to the customer.

Pros

Inexpensive and easy to use. Provide complete solutions to new business.

Cons

The least I like about this company (not software) is the way they handle credit card disputes.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Flipdish

Less expensive, provide turn-key service for mew business.

Top Flipdish Alternatives

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

Great Product to ween away from Third Party Services

Pros

What I love about this product is its user friendly portal and customer insights.
The tools Flipdish offers allows companies to understand customers analytics.

Flipdish staff very knowledgeable on various promotions/campaigns a restauranteur can offer.
The customer retention as well as the push notifications for customers is an ingenious way of converting customers back from third-party services.

And lastly, but most importantly, partnering with flipdish allows a restaurant access to one of the most important parts of any business: Customer data
Yes - you read that part correctly. You have access to your customer data for your own marketing
No longer do you need to depend on third party services (uber, doordash, etc) who "claim" to extend your reach to new customers.

Cons

There is nothing I can say that is negative about this company, nor its services

Response from Flipdish

Hi Mark, thank you for your 5 star review! It's awesome to hear you're finding Flipdish a great product to ween away from third party services - we've helped so many of our customers all over the world do this. Our knowledgeable staff are certainly a key part to helping you realise that goal. We look forward to continued success together. Regards, James, Co-Founder @ Flipdish

Replied 13/12/2019
annamaria

Reviewed on 21/05/2020

APP online ordering

Professional.

Would like more feedback on the current negotiations of fees and charges.

Tablet version of the terminal would be more ideal!

Pros

Its a stand alone APP linked to website online ordering. Customer friendly and operational friendly.
Once its plugged in and broadband working it runs smoothly.
Allowed make changes by emailing or calling customer care.
Up to date technology for customer and user satisfaction.

Cons

Unable to make changes through portal access.
Unable to upload images from back office.
Integration is all at a cost.
Commission rates should be more competitive.

Jade

Reviewed on 11/06/2020

Great software and great company to work with!

Pros

Integrates with your business so that the customer doesn't feel as though they are using a third party app. The online portal provides really helpful insights and breakdowns allowing you to see customer trends. The customer service from Flipdish is outstanding. Nothing is ever too much trouble and they work with you to ensure you are getting the best from the software capabilities.

Cons

Nothing I can think of as the guys are only ever a phonecall/email away and are more that happy to help.

Response from Flipdish

Thank you for your feedback Jade we are happy to support your business and we truly value our partnership. Luis Martinez

Replied 17/09/2020

Reviewed on 04/04/2018

Very good from start to finish.All people within the company are very customer focussed

Pros

With more and more of our customers looking to order for delivery and with the explosion of smartphone us we felt Flipdish are the perfect partner for us.The software is very easy to use and the customer service is the best ive ever recieved by any company

Cons

To be honest i cant say that i dislike any part of the sotware , it all very user friendly with a gtreat interface

Response from Flipdish

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. I am pleased to hear such encouraging comments about the software and customer service and Flipdish in general. We do try hard and it's always nice when customers notice our efforts. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

Very end user friendly, professional service, great product.

Push notifications direct to our customers, measurable loyalty program,
Happier customers with easy to use - two touch ordering.

Pros

Quick and easy to use. Two touch ordering, for end user. Geo location make it simple and easy to identify the closest shop to order from. Integrated processing with POS so dockets print directly into kitchen avoid double entry or keying mistakes. Loyalty program and push notifications direct to customers.

Cons

More reporting functionality, with easy to use customisible reports, ability to compare different locations on the one report.

Response from Flipdish

Hello,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I'm delighted to read that both you and your end customers find the Flipdish online ordering platform so simple and easy to use. And we love that Flipdish has meant happier customers!

I completely understand why you'd want more reporting functionality, and I have passed on your suggestions to our product team.

Feel free to reach out to me directly if you ever have any additional comments on [email protected]

Thanks again for your feedback

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Super quick and very easy to use

Pros

Very easy to use and get used to. The software is also very responsive and all our staff members are happy.

Cons

We didn't come across anything bad so far. The only thing is the machine would sometimes loose the signal and the order wouldn't come through right away .

Response from Flipdish

Hi,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on Flipdish. We are delighted to hear you find the software to be very easy to use, and that is making your staff members very happy! That should not happen that the machine would sometimes loose the signal, please do get in touch with our customer support team on [email protected] who can help troubleshoot this for you. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed on 12/09/2019

Great service and always about continuous improvement

Brilliant, very cooperative, full of continuous improvement projects and excellent customer care

Pros

Ease of use and customization, always improving and adjusting to customer needs, very user friendly

Cons

Only few unexpected crashes historically but resolved quickly and not ongoing

Response from Flipdish

Thank you for your kind review Paul!
We are delighted to help you and your team and are so glad that you find our software user-friendly!
Thank you, Flipdish Customer Success Team.

Replied 04/10/2019
Jade

Reviewed on 14/02/2020

Excellent support and customer service

Our website and online ordering is powered by Flipdish

Pros

Customer service is excellent; issues I have had in the past have been responded to in a friendly and helpful way, especially by a very efficient [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Many previous concerns such as daily sales printouts etc have been addressed with the introduction of a new flipdish terminal that makes everything very straightforward now.

Cons

There are one or two small things we would like updated, such as subtotal on order receipts before discount so we can check against till readout, but as Flipdish have been generally very responsive to feedback we're hoping to see small tweaks like this soon.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Jade, thank you for your 5 star review, and kind words. It genuinely delights be to hear you say that we have excellent support and customer service, as this is something we are very passionate about at Flipdish. It's also great to read that our new Terminal has solved many issues for you - that is exactly what good technology should do. As you say, we will continue to listen to and act on our customers' feedback, so thank you for taking the time to give it. Best wishes, Heather, Global Head of Customer Success @ Flipdish

Replied 12/03/2020
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 12/09/2019

Chipmongers App on Flipdish

We have an excellent performing consumer App thanks to Flipdish bringing in sales for our customers daily and weekly.

Pros

Great support and business understanding from the Team in Flipdish which made the setup and implementation easy when it came to our App. The software is rock solid and very stable, the Admin is easy to use and intuitive and from a consumers point of view the Flipdish App is the best on the market, getting the consumer to order in just a few short steps and makes the payments option seamless and secure.

Cons

Nothing we have found not to like in this software in 4 years of using the App.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Michael, it is great to hear that Musgrave (Chipmongers) find the Flipdish App the best on the market, with great support and business understanding from the team in Flipdish. That is fantastic feedback to hear, thank you. Best, James, Co-Founder @ Flipdish

Replied 15/11/2019
Neil

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

Perfect takeaway app

Without question the best part of Flipdish is their customer service, and ease of access to that service. Superb from start to finish and you’re treated like you matter and not just another client. The app itself has 100% uptime and I haven’t received any negative customer feedback about it.

Pros

The flexibility and speed at which items can be added / removed to the menu, and instant push notifications are brilliant for directly communicating with customers.

Cons

A personal dislike for me is that I am not a fan of how the menu is laid out and that the menu is automatically collapsed. That means when a customer adds something, and you go back to the menu, you’re doing a lot of scrolling. A better solution to my mind is having menu subtitles a customer can click on, which opens / closes that section of the menu.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Neil, wow, thank you for calling us the "perfect takeaway app"! What a glowing recommendation. If we can help at all, please let us know. Best, Heather, Head of Customer Success @ Flipdish

Replied 19/06/2019

Reviewed on 23/03/2018

Very good, great staff, easy to manage, lower percentage rates and essentially a white label.

ease of use, cheaper rates, our own app without the hassle.

Pros

Customer Service is top.
Nice and easy App for customers.
Obviously lower percentage taken.
Great companion website.
Speed of corrections and change to menus.

Cons

Device in store may need updating to something similar to just eat. but only a minor issue and this would then set the standard for operations. however I understand it might then need to increase the percentage. So if that's the case then no.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Michael, thanks so much for your great review! It's terrific to hear that you have found our customer service to be top class and the app & websites to be very user friendly for both your Remos Pizza and Brooklyn Burger customers. We're considering lots of different options for device upgrades in future; we will be sure to keep you updated! Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback, we really appreciate it. If we can help at all, just let us know. Best, Heather Customer Success @ Flipdish

Stephen

Reviewed on 30/03/2018

Have had this for a year now, could not fault it in anyway, has driven my business by about...

Pros

I now have a very simple way of rewarding my customers for their loyalty, it's all automatic, for every 10th order they get 11th free, therefore its an incentive for them to come to my business instead of one of my competitors. Ordering is so simple, it cuts down on staff time answering the phone to take a customers order, and also cancels out any chance of the order being taken down incorrectly. I can also see the most popular items that are selling on a daily weekly basis.

Cons

As of yet I have no dislikes with this software, any issues I have from time to time with cancelling a customer order has always been dealt with in a very timely manner

Response from Flipdish

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your amazing review. Wow, we're so happy to read how much Flipdish has helped grow your business and drive up sales by 20%. That is fantastic and what we want to achieve and more for every customer! If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch!

Tom

Reviewed on 19/01/2017

Would highly recommend this

I tried tens of options and the consumer experience of Flipdish is unmatched. Setup was fast. The automated loyalty and retention systems very useful as they take care of themselves and don't need me to do any extra work.

Our collection business is doing really well with the app - really helps manage the lunch time rush.

Pros

Quick setup
Good features for loyalty and retention campaigns
Full access to customer data
Discount vouchers are useful

Cons

We email in menu changes. Would be nice to be able to make these ourselves but so far all changes have been made in under a day.

Response from Flipdish

Hello Tom,

Thanks so much for your review. We're delighted to hear you would highly recommend Flipdish and are loving the marketing features and how it helps you manage the lunchtime rush. Yes we agree it would be really convenient for you to make menu edits, so you'll be very excited to hear that we have a new look menu editor coming very soon! I will keep you updated! If there's anything I can do make your experience even better, please email us at [email protected] and we'd be happy to help!

Sabina
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 22/03/2018

Very easy to deal with

Customer increase

Pros

If there is an issue it gets resolved very quickly. If its something that cannot be resolved right away team keep us updated
Great customer support/service.

Cons

Response from Flipdish

Hi Sabina,

I can't thank you enough for your kind review of Flipdish. I'm delighted to hear of the great customer support you've received, and how Flipdish has increased your customer business.

I'm sorry to hear that the printer sometimes lost signal - I was going to say to let us know on [email protected] in future so we can investigate, however with your new POS integration, that's no longer relevant for you!

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Thanks,

Reviewed on 06/04/2020

Online excellence

Flipdish is a company that’s not been appropriated enough
1 very friendly staff always ready to help
2 rates are very good and don’t effect my margins much
3 the platform is just as good if not better than other market leaders
4 their constantly updating and upgrading

Pros

I found it very user friendly and it’s extended features are very useful and gives you control over your offerings it’s a great system

Cons

I’ve no issues with Flipdish or the service that they provide

Daniele

Reviewed on 29/03/2018

Super quick and very easy to use

Pros

We like very much all the marketing features, it's very quick to order and from an owner point of view, we have access to all we need to control our business. Customer service is spot on... thanks to the team!

Cons

As any software, it needs improvements to accommodate everyone needs... some bits are missing or need to be implemented, but the team is very supportive and they are keen to develop new features that are important for restaurants' owners to make the software even better.

Response from Flipdish

Hello Daniele,

Thanks so much for your review. We are very happy to hear you're finding Flipdish to be a great online ordering system for your restaurant customers, with good reporting and spot on customer service. We are very keen to keep improving our software and I know you will be just as excited as us with some of the new features we have coming this year! If there's ever anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Cody

Reviewed on 07/06/2019

Efficient and effectively supportive

It’s a working relationship together but thrives through time once worked from both sides. Tech support are very helpful once communicated to

Pros

Support is on hand whenever needed. It is speedy service for business. It has many positives to business and marketing.

Cons

Teething issues at start but the do get resolved once highlighted quickly

Response from Flipdish

Hi Cody,

Thank you for your 5 star review. I'm delighted to hear that you find the support, when needed, very efficient and effective. This is what we aim for, so it's nice to hear that we are succeeding in that. We look forward to continuing our successful working relationship together. Best wishes, Heather, Head of Customer Success

Replied 18/06/2019
Stefano

Reviewed on 26/03/2018

Easy to switch over from other online web ordering service. Excellent communication

Online food Ordering App for your takeaway and delivery business.
Free Push Notifications to all of your users

Pros

Easy to use,
Website Backend to app shows all relevant information.
Great communication.
Very Easy for the customer to order food.
Backend staff gets changes to menu done in a jiffy.

Cons

35c online ordering fee charged to the customer on both cash and prepaid orders and also small % fee for the restaurant
No easy method to switch off certain food items if out of stock for the day.

Response from Flipdish

Hey, Stefano! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear that your customers are finding it so easy to order, and that you had such a great experience switching over from another online ordering provider. We agree, it would be great for you to switch off certain food items if out of stock for the day. So you will be delighted to hear that we are working on introducing this functionality in our new look portal! Thanks again for sharing your feedback. Speak soon,¿ Heather, Customer Success @ Flipdish

• Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 08/03/2018

Helped us grow not only our online sales, but also our overall sales. Highly recommend

It helped us grow our business! Sales shot up, and our online orders are now very important for us.

Pros

Flipdish fitted our needs perfectly. Thank you for making it painless, pleasant and most of all hassle free! Really good.

Cons

I would like to make some changes to the print out to make it easier to read for my staff. But overall there is not any issues with the software.

Response from Flipdish

Hello Heather!

Good name! We're delighted to hear that Flipdish has made such a difference to your restaurant, growing your overall sales and that you find the system to be so hassle free.

We are always working on ways to be more amazing, so I'd be happy to hear your thoughts on how we can make the print out better? Please email your suggestions to us at [email protected]

Here's to your online ordering success!

Ivan

Reviewed on 14/02/2020

User of Flipdish

Great team and always someone to answer the phone when needed......will ring regularly to see how the can promote Buisness for you

Pros

Easy for both customers and staff to use and download......the also use google apps for location etc

Cons

Trying to get customers to move to the app and download it onto there devices ......also the rig tone on there device can get annoying when your busy

Response from Flipdish

Hi Ivan, thanks for the 5 star review. I'm delighted to hear that Luke and the team call regularly to help you promote your business - that is exactly what we are here to help you with! Best, Heather, Global Head of Customer Success @ Flipdish

Replied 12/03/2020
Amamda

Reviewed on 23/03/2018

Easy to use and a lot cheaper than other companies

Pros

Apart from easy to use staff extremely helpful. Can log in myself to view my own stats and weekly report so clear and helpful.

Cons

Commission but still cheaper than others. When ringing support line intro message a bit too long. Preorder should be mention in a few different places not just on initial line most of the time we don't look there. Maybe mention after order total.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Amanda, thanks so much for taking the time to leave us such a great review! I agree, its fantastic to be able to login and view your own stats and weekly reports whenever you want. Thank you for your feedback suggestions - honestly it's feedback like this that helps us to continue to improve our software and service. If I can help with anything, just let me know. Thanks! Heather, Customer Success @ Flipdish

Maria Lucia

Reviewed on 17/03/2018

Words can not describe how good this company is

New Business .

Pros

User Friendly , Detailed, but most of all i have control on how i want to distribute vouchers to my customers . The refund option is also a plus.

Cons

The system not permitting me to do partial refunds is a bit of problem. And not being able to sanction all promotions had proven to be different

Response from Flipdish

Hello Maria,

Thank for your great review. We love working with you too

I'm delighted to read that you make great use of our in built marketing (vouchers), it's definitely a fantastic feature.

I am sorry you weren't able to do a partial refund - we have sent a follow up email with detailed instructions on how to do this. I hope this will help for next time,

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

Thanks,