About Flipdish

Flipdish is a cloud-based solution designed to help restaurants, hotels, takeaways, cafés or bars process and manage online orders through custom branded mobile applications and websites. Features include sales analytics, reward...

Browse Flipdish Reviews

Vincenzo V.

Reviewed on 02/07/2018

My Experience with Flipdish has been excellent,

Pros

What I like most is that it is easy and quick to use and that its your own brand you are advertising and not a 3rd party and also find it cost effective

Cons

There are no cons, I found flip dish great and really good for my online business, Team is great to work with, I have found them very helpful.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Vincenzo, thanks for leaving a review. Great to hear your experience with Flipdish has been excellent, and agree with how important it is to promote your own brand, and not a 3rd party. Thanks, James, Co-Founder @ Flipdish

Replied 12/07/2018
Conor M.

Reviewed on 23/03/2018

Brilliant from start to present, whole team are great

Extra orders and deliverys increased. Also brilliant for marketing

Pros

Ease of use! Does exactly what the big companies promise at a fraction of the price and back office is simple to use and efficient

Cons

Can't send full push notifications to users for them to read, e.g. if it was a special offer. There is a facility but it's not great.

Response from Flipdish

Hello Conor,

Wow! I¿m so blown away by your review. It made our day here at Flipdish! I'm delighted to hear you've got extra orders and deliveries have increased since you started using our Flipdish online ordering system.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the push notifications feature as I know this is something our product team are actively reviewing. I've also sent you an email with some tips on how to get the most out of our existing push notes.

If I can help with anything else, just let me know!

Paolo B.

Reviewed on 12/04/2018

Amazing, cusotmer reps have really been A1 with us since we joined Flipdish.

Pros

It doesn't give problems like Zuppler does!!! Easy to use and great after hours service on the phone, easy for customers to use and no complaints as of yet, and a well managed loyalty system.

Cons

Webpage design is very basic and templated like all other Flipdish clients you have. It would be great to be offered something more unique and a propert croppered around logo on the webpage without a white box around our logo, also a tablet that lets take privy to offline and lets us go offline at busytume instead of having to call, like just eats tablets!!

Response from Flipdish

Hi Paolo,

Thank you for your 5 star review. We're delighted that you're finding your Flipdish experience to be A1 so far, and that in particular the loyalty system has been proving so beneficial. We are continually making updates to our website and hardware, and we will be sure to let you know as upgrades become available. Thanks again for your wonderful feedback. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Best wishes,

Replied 09/05/2018

Top Flipdish Alternatives

Anthony M.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 22/08/2018

Flipdish Review

The simplicity and ease of use is of the ordering system is by far the best I've seen, and I've worked with many different providers. The customer service is next to none;fast, friendly, and reliable.

Pros

The marketing campaign options and dashboard have been really helpful with generating new and return sales. The platform and system is very user friendly and the ability to upsell items via meals etc. is really great.

Cons

To date I've encountered no problems at all.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Anthony, Good to hear all is going well. Thanks very much for the feedback. If there's anything more we can do to help don't hesitate to let us know and we'll do our best to help.

Conor
CEO @Flipdish

Replied 25/08/2018
Ali E.

Reviewed on 26/09/2019

Excellent

Pros

admin panel and control over customers and sales

Cons

There is nothing the I can thinks about

Response from Flipdish

Hi Ali,
We are so happy to see this review and we are delighted that we can help you gain control of your own customers and sales! Wish you continued success! Thank you.
Flipdish Customer Success

Replied 04/10/2019
Theresa M.

Reviewed on 26/09/2018

Flipdish has exceeded my expectations

It is not just the software that makes this company. The people and the support team have been amazing. So friendly, engaging and quick to respond. It makes the process painless. The software looks professional and I have had customers say how easy it is to use. The software gives an online customer option that people are looking for these days. I am very happy with flipdish.

Pros

Ease of use, optics, looks really professional. Ability to offer online loyalty program without the hassle. Dealing with the people who work there that try to make my experience positive.

Cons

Honestly, there is nothing I have found that I don't like. Perhaps paying credit card companies 2.5 percent :-), but I really think the software has been layed out lovely. Also, the staff try to do what they can to customize if it is possible.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Theresa! We're glad you (and your customers) are enjoying using Flipdish! We appreciate your kind words. And I know we've lots of exciting plans ahead - we're excited to work with you on these. Ever forward! Many thanks, Heather Customer Success Lead @ Flipdish

Replied 07/11/2018
Hugh O.

Reviewed on 15/11/2018

Outstanding

Exceptional customer support and super efficient support team!

Pros

The customer support is second to none. The team are so friendly and efficient.

Cons

There is no weak link in the flipdish team

Response from Flipdish

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for the 5 star review and the kind words - it means a lot! And yes, our customer support team are the best!

Yours,

Replied 03/05/2019
Michael N.

Reviewed on 09/03/2020

Great service

Pros

This software is user friendly , very easy to use.

Cons

The docket can sometimes hard to read during rush hours

Yvette F.

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

Great Online order platform partner

Pros

End user Customer interface is very easy,
Customer service B2B is great.

Cons

Need for more reporting options and customisation.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Yvette, thank you for your 5 star review, great to hear you see us as a great online order platform partner. We have lots of new reporting planned in the new portal - stay tuned. Regards, Conor, CEO @ Flipdish

Replied 11/07/2019
Erika B.

Reviewed on 15/03/2018

excellent, very helpful

Pros

Easy to use for us.

Cons

No choice for longer time request for us to select when customer request for 3 or 4 hours later, everything else is fine

Response from Flipdish

Hello Erika,

Thanks so much for your great review. I am delighted to hear that you find Flipdish so easy to use in your Mao Lucan store.

We are always looking for ways to improve at Flipdish, so I've passed on your suggestion to our product team.

Thank you again for your wonderful comments!

Kristian C.

Reviewed on 11/06/2021

Great software for hospitality

Pros

They offer easy use online ordering software along with an academy to help you learn how to run your business successfully.

They set it all up too.

Cons

Nothing really to dislike about the software so far

• Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 07/01/2019

Flipdish amazing support

Pros

Ease of implementation and customer solution support is super user friendly

Cons

Needs more local language solutions, albeit I understand these are being addressed

Response from Flipdish

Hi, Thank you for your 10/10 rating. I'm glad to read you found Flipdish easy to implement, and that the customer support is super user friendly. I will be sure to pass that feedback onto to the team. You mentioned you would like more local language solutions - I would love to learn more about that. Could you leave your suggestions with our product team here: https://flipdish.featureupvote.com/, as we are always looking for ways to improve our service. Regards, Conor, CEO @ Flipdish

Replied 21/06/2019
Tom S.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 15/04/2020

Online shop

Very happy.
Quick implementation and great customer service

Pros

Easy of use and functionality.
Compatibility with phone and tablet.

Cons

Limited flexibility. Aesthetics could be improved. Integration with delivery partners not perfect. Too many glitches Ordering online for customers. Errors not explained at checkout do hard for customers to understand where they went wrong

Brian O.

Reviewed on 27/08/2018

Flipdish review

Has significantly increased online sales and has been hassle free

Pros

It does what it says on the tin and is very robust

Cons

No major issues to date . So far it's been seamless

Response from Flipdish

Hi Brian, I'm pleased to hear that Flipdish has significantly increased your online sales. That's exactly what we aim to help our customers with. We have many ideas on to continue to improve and we will continue to push forward on these. Thanks again, Conor CEO @Flipdish

Replied 07/11/2018
Seamus K.
  • Industry: Supermarkets

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Must spread the word, a must have for every business

They are a very well manage company offering the right product to enhance our business bringing it into today world.
Keep the good work up.

Pros

Easy to use for our staff. Very intelligent software to make ordering easy.

Cons

Very hard to find any fault. They seem to have taught of everthing.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Seamus, thank you for your 5 star review, we appreciate it. And please, spread the word! Best, James, Co-Founder @ Flipdish

Replied 11/07/2019
Richard L.

Reviewed on 13/04/2020

Great Follow up Service

Excellent!!

Pros

The product is very easy to use and we got up and running very quickly thanks to great customer service

Cons

There were a few errors initially that should have been amended before we went live

Louise C.

Reviewed on 30/05/2018

V positive. User friendly software. Rep & the team v helpful with any queries I had.

Information regarding customer purchases in a clear and simple table - e.g.. App downloads/average customer spend etc.

Pros

While the flipdish dashboard is very easy to navigate and I could access any reports I needed, the flipdish team are always on hand to answer or assist with anything I needed.

Cons

No cons to the flipdish software - had an issue with menu formatting. This was resolved within the hour by the team.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Louise, Thanks for the great feedback, we're glad you had a very positive experience at Mao with our Flipdish software, and that you especially found the team to be so helpful, quick and attentive. If we can help more, let us know. James, Founder @ Flipdish

Replied 05/06/2018
Eoin C.

Reviewed on 01/04/2020

Flipdish great software and amazing support.

Very Positive.

Pros

Support is exceptional, helped everytime we needed it.

Cons

Reporting is weak but work in progress I guess.

Ruth D.

Reviewed on 06/04/2018

I find Flipdish to be a great company with excellent customer service

Pros

The software is very user friendly and easy to navigate. I like that I can reconcile the daily reports to our shop sales for the accounts. The software allows me to have a good overview of the sales per our stores on a daily basis which is important for my accounts reconciliations. The reports also help to look at key trends in the order history. The reports show individual shop sales separately which is very useful. If I have any problems or queries with the software, the customer service team are excellent and always respond back to my queries promptly. The customer service follow through is excellent and the team are always friendly and helpful.

Cons

I generally don't have any major issues with using the software. Overall, I find it to be very user friendly and good to use. What I like least about the software is the large size of the excel export files on the back office. The CSV export file can be quite large with a lot of columns and data that I don't use. This can sometimes be cumbersome to filter and sort to get the information out that I may need for reconciliation purposes. This is the only negative that I have on the usability of the software and the export reports.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review of Flipdish. It's terrific to read how powerful you find the reporting functionality to be for Bombay Pantry, allowing you to view sales by stores and key trends in order history. Thanks for sharing your feedback, it is constructive feedback like this which helps us to continue to improve for our customers. We are planning many updates to our reporting this year which we think will continue to add value for you. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Best wishes,

Replied 09/05/2018
Pawel W.

Reviewed on 15/04/2021

Good to build loyal customers.

I generally liked the app and the idea behind it. The main problem is how to convince people to download yet another app in to their phone....

Pros

Good for building customer's loyalty to the business. If you actually convince customer to download the app...it makes a good tool then. Easy push notifications.

Cons

Not enough help given in terms of encouraging new downloads. A bit delayed software updates. They need to work a bit more on location services.

Mark T.

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

Great Product to ween away from Third Party Services

Pros

What I love about this product is its user friendly portal and customer insights.
The tools Flipdish offers allows companies to understand customers analytics.

Flipdish staff very knowledgeable on various promotions/campaigns a restauranteur can offer.
The customer retention as well as the push notifications for customers is an ingenious way of converting customers back from third-party services.

And lastly, but most importantly, partnering with flipdish allows a restaurant access to one of the most important parts of any business: Customer data
Yes - you read that part correctly. You have access to your customer data for your own marketing
No longer do you need to depend on third party services (uber, doordash, etc) who "claim" to extend your reach to new customers.

Cons

There is nothing I can say that is negative about this company, nor its services

Response from Flipdish

Hi Mark, thank you for your 5 star review! It's awesome to hear you're finding Flipdish a great product to ween away from third party services - we've helped so many of our customers all over the world do this. Our knowledgeable staff are certainly a key part to helping you realise that goal. We look forward to continued success together. Regards, James, Co-Founder @ Flipdish

Replied 13/12/2019
Jade O.

Reviewed on 14/02/2020

Excellent support and customer service

Our website and online ordering is powered by Flipdish

Pros

Customer service is excellent; issues I have had in the past have been responded to in a friendly and helpful way, especially by a very efficient [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Many previous concerns such as daily sales printouts etc have been addressed with the introduction of a new flipdish terminal that makes everything very straightforward now.

Cons

There are one or two small things we would like updated, such as subtotal on order receipts before discount so we can check against till readout, but as Flipdish have been generally very responsive to feedback we're hoping to see small tweaks like this soon.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Jade, thank you for your 5 star review, and kind words. It genuinely delights be to hear you say that we have excellent support and customer service, as this is something we are very passionate about at Flipdish. It's also great to read that our new Terminal has solved many issues for you - that is exactly what good technology should do. As you say, we will continue to listen to and act on our customers' feedback, so thank you for taking the time to give it. Best wishes, Heather, Global Head of Customer Success @ Flipdish

Replied 12/03/2020
Michael C.

Reviewed on 23/03/2018

Very good, great staff, easy to manage, lower percentage rates and essentially a white label.

ease of use, cheaper rates, our own app without the hassle.

Pros

Customer Service is top.
Nice and easy App for customers.
Obviously lower percentage taken.
Great companion website.
Speed of corrections and change to menus.

Cons

Device in store may need updating to something similar to just eat. but only a minor issue and this would then set the standard for operations. however I understand it might then need to increase the percentage. So if that's the case then no.

Response from Flipdish

Hi Michael, thanks so much for your great review! It's terrific to hear that you have found our customer service to be top class and the app & websites to be very user friendly for both your Remos Pizza and Brooklyn Burger customers. We're considering lots of different options for device upgrades in future; we will be sure to keep you updated! Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback, we really appreciate it. If we can help at all, just let us know. Best, Heather Customer Success @ Flipdish

Tom L.

Reviewed on 19/01/2017

Would highly recommend this

I tried tens of options and the consumer experience of Flipdish is unmatched. Setup was fast. The automated loyalty and retention systems very useful as they take care of themselves and don't need me to do any extra work.

Our collection business is doing really well with the app - really helps manage the lunch time rush.

Pros

Quick setup
Good features for loyalty and retention campaigns
Full access to customer data
Discount vouchers are useful

Cons

We email in menu changes. Would be nice to be able to make these ourselves but so far all changes have been made in under a day.

Response from Flipdish

Hello Tom,

Thanks so much for your review. We're delighted to hear you would highly recommend Flipdish and are loving the marketing features and how it helps you manage the lunchtime rush. Yes we agree it would be really convenient for you to make menu edits, so you'll be very excited to hear that we have a new look menu editor coming very soon! I will keep you updated! If there's anything I can do make your experience even better, please email us at [email protected] and we'd be happy to help!

Cody M.

Reviewed on 07/06/2019

Efficient and effectively supportive

It’s a working relationship together but thrives through time once worked from both sides. Tech support are very helpful once communicated to

Pros

Support is on hand whenever needed. It is speedy service for business. It has many positives to business and marketing.

Cons

Teething issues at start but the do get resolved once highlighted quickly

Response from Flipdish

Hi Cody,

Thank you for your 5 star review. I'm delighted to hear that you find the support, when needed, very efficient and effective. This is what we aim for, so it's nice to hear that we are succeeding in that. We look forward to continuing our successful working relationship together. Best wishes, Heather, Head of Customer Success

Replied 18/06/2019